PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams Withdraws From Miami :( (Updated with an article)

doni1212
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
OMG!! :eek:

http://twitter.com/TennisReporters

"Serena Williams & Juan Martin del Potro both withdraw from Miami, which means her knee is serious and his wrist injury continues to trouble."

Updated with an article
http://ow.ly/1oEzM

Following on the heels of Maria Sharapova and Dinara Safina, reigning world number one Serena Williams has withdrawn from the 2010 Sony Ericsson Open in Miami.

Reigning world number one Serena Williams will not compete at her home tournament in Key Biscayne, Florida this year. Sony Ericsson Open organizers announced on Friday that the reigning Australian Open champion has withdrawn from the tournament.

Williams, a five-time Sony Ericsson Open singles champion, was forced to withdraw from this year’s tournament due to a knee injury which she continues to rehab following her victory at the Australian Open.

Following Serena’s withdrawal, Venus Williams will compete in the featured evening match at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 25. Venus, a seven-time Grand Slam champion, is looking for her first Sony Ericsson Open title since 2001. She has won three times in Miami (1998, 1999, 2001).

Russians Dinara Safina and Maria Sharapova have also withdrawn from the tournament.

The 2010 Sony Ericsson Open will be played March 22-April 4 at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Miami.

delicatecutter
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I didn't know she was injuried? :eek:

Uranium
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:12 PM
:(. I wasn't thinking it was serious, but if she is withdrawing from Miami, it must be:(

VIKA?
:woohoo:

Joe.
:eek: :)

VishaalMaria
The Miami tournament is sooooooooooooo wide open now.

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM
:eek: Get well soon Rena :hug:

VishaalMaria
But I'm sad because I havent seen Serena play in such a long time.

-NAJ-
Sorry for Serena

JJ please win Miami

Nina.
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Never thought that injury was so serious :eek: it's gonna be weird to have Miami without her. Hope she gets well soon

homogenius
Sorry for Serena

JJ please win Miami

Same here

harloo
Oh well, it's better she withdraws instead of aggravating her injury further. Hopefully she's ready by Wimbledon. She should skip the FO altogether.

MBM
oo jesus...

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Another big star out of Miami:sad:. Serena :hug:, get better soon :)

Ferg
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM
How close will Wozniacki be to #1 now? :unsure:

Serena and JM :hug:

Justin SW
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM
NO WAY !!! I'm sooooo Mad :mad:

delicatecutter
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Oh well, it's better she withdraws instead of aggravating her injury further. Hopefully she's ready by Wimbledon. She should skip the FO altogether.

Noo she has to go for the Grand Slam!

nevetssllim
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Fuck, fuck, fuck :(

Get well soon Serena :awww:

Mikey.
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Oh gosh. :speakles:

That means a big chance for Caro to get to #1 soon. :scared:

Just Do It
:(

ce
nooooooooooo its Miami :sad: its her tourni :sad:
nooo :bigcry:

Uranium
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Even if Caro wins Miami and IW, Serena would still have a 500 point lead. Then comes the clay season where Caro has 1360 to defend. Still think the #1 isn't in threat for Serena.

Arnian
Hmm she better not withdraw from charleston :(

дalex
Booboo! :hysteric:

What does this mean for Woz's chances of getting to #1? :tears:

Rafito.
Amazing! More of a chance for Vika to defend her title :inlove:

delicatecutter
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Amazing! More of a chance for Vika to defend her title :inlove:

Unless she runs into Mariajo. :haha:

harloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Oh gosh. :speakles:

That means a big chance for Caro to get to #1 soon. :scared:

:haha::haha:GOD HELP US ALL!!

jefrilibra
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:22 PM
:eek:

Vincey!
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Wow didn't expect that at al :eek:

Hopeflly Venus or Caro will win it ;)

Justin SW
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
We dont have any confirmation from TBE so I'm still very confused ?!?!

Is that true :scratch:

slamchamp
why keeps everyone saying that about maria, serena? The FO is a GS not a MM tournament, she won't magically heal for wimbledon if she's still injured for RG anyway

Wiggly
Wow.

JJ, please win IW and Miami.

Noctis
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:25 PM
serenajwilliams

RT @Venuseswilliams: My winning Tide design! I will wear the winning design at the US Open! Good luck! http://bit.ly

sERENA WONT BE BACK TILL uso? :SPEAKLES:

harloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Noo she has to go for the Grand Slam!

She should sit out the clay season and rest for Wimbledon and the US Open. I just don't think playing the clay is the best thing for her knee.:)

MaBaker
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Oh crap.

allrounder
We dont have any confirmation from TBE so I'm still very confused ?!?!

Is that true :scratch:

TBE is currently away on holiday.

DragonFlame
Hmmm there are 2 things in my head...

1. Itīs sad serena is not playing, i wanted some good matches. I hope the injury isnīt something big. :(

2. Maybe she did this to totally focus on the clay this year and go all out for RG. This is in the back of my mind still. She might be trying to give a full effort on the clay this year, which would make RG really exiting. :)

So... which one is it?

jefrilibra
When did Serena get this knee injury?:confused:

sfan
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Her being injured is the only way one of my faves can win this title :sad:. Come on Vika :woohoo:

Noctis
sERENA SAID SHES IN mIAMI :SCRATCH:

AnnaK_4ever
Even if Caro wins Miami and IW, Serena would still have a 500 point lead. Then comes the clay season where Caro has 1360 to defend.

I see absolutely no reason why she wouldn't defend them. :shrug:
Plus, she reached only the 3rd round in Paris last year.

VishaalMaria

1. Itīs sad serena is not playing, i wanted some good matches. I hope the injury isnīt something big. :(

2. Maybe she did this to totally focus on the clay this year and go all out for RG. This is in the back of my mind still. She might be trying to give a full effort on the clay this year, which would make RG really exiting. :)

So... which one is it?

Or maybe....JUST MAYBE, she's injured and can't play Miami?

toby345
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:29 PM
When did Serena get this knee injury?:confused:

Better: When does she not have knee problems? :fiery:

hankqq
:( sucky news. Hopefully she'll be back in action soon :unsure: Serena always seems to get hurt when she's in good form :sad:

Well Miami is now probably going to be as messy as Indian Wells has been for the last week and a half :lol: :o

Nina.
serenajwilliams

RT @Venuseswilliams: My winning Tide design! I will wear the winning design at the US Open! Good luck! http://bit.ly

sERENA WONT BE BACK TILL uso? :SPEAKLES:

You have realized that this a a tweet by Venus who is promoting a design contest for her US Open dress, right?

Slutiana
@jefrilibra 7 years ago? :lol:

and SMH at the people cheering at Serena being injured. Fucking pathetic.

Elwin.
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Serena :hug:

Arnian
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:30 PM

So... which one is it?

I was thinking it could be #2 as well. I think it depends if she plays Charleston or not because if she doesn't play that, then something is up.

Stamp Paid
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:31 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/ad263k.gif

Oh well, it's better she withdraws instead of aggravating her injury further. Hopefully she's ready by Wimbledon. She should skip the FO altogether.Are you dense? What kind of sense does that make?

harloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:31 PM
why keeps everyone saying that about maria, serena? The FO is a GS not a MM tournament, she won't magically heal for wimbledon if she's still injured for RG anyway

It's not about magically healing but more so about the surface and how it wears on a players body. Obviously Serena is a contender whenever she plays but clay is a surface where she struggles on more than grass. This is why she should skip the clay court season and allow her knee to heal properly.

olivero
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
:sad: damn it!
Wozzy coming close to #1 :scared:

AndreConrad
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Get well soon Serena :hug:

AcesHigh
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:34 PM
@jefrilibra 7 years ago? :lol:

and SMH at the people cheering at Serena being injured. Fucking pathetic.

who's cheering? :confused:

Anyway, this SUCKS. Serena-Kim, Serena-Justine, Serena-Venus would have been so good to watch.

Now we may have a repeat of IW with a wideopen field :(

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:35 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm170/MeSuhsie/har%20har/funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhit.jpg

Miami without Serena, Maria, Dinara or Davy?:sobbing: FML!:crying2:

So... which one is it?

To say that Serena FUCKING LOVES Miami would be a huge understatement. There is absolutely NO WAY that she would skip it just for the French Open. NO WAY!
Did you see her hobbling around in last year's final? That's how much she loves this tournament!:sad:

jefrilibra
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:36 PM
On the bright side ...

She can now focus on getting her nail technician diploma! :yeah:

Brena
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:37 PM
:bigcry:

harloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:38 PM

So... which one is it?

Hmm......I don't know about this one but I hope it's true. :lol: At the AO I think people didn't really understand how serious the injury was because Serena did a good job of playing through it. I could be wrong and she could be preparing for the FO. Who knows?;)

DragonFlame
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:40 PM
To say that Serena FUCKING LOVES Miami would be a huge understatement. There is absolutely NO WAY that she would skip it just for the French Open. NO WAY!
Did you see her hobbling around in last year's final? That's how much she loves this tournament!:sad:

I know she loves it, but sheīs won it 5 times.

I really think serena is hungry for another RG, if she wins that it would be an incredible feat to win all slams 2 times.

Sheīs going for the history, which isnīt at miami for her, but at the FO.

AcesHigh
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:41 PM
A win at Roland Garros would be better than a win anywhere else. Having at least two slams at each major is HUGE.

So it makes sense to skip Miami just to make sure she's 100% for the clay season.

harloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:41 PM
On the bright side ...

She can now focus on getting her nail technician diploma! :yeah:

:haha::haha:I forgot about her other career goals. Maybe she can put in a few extra hours now?

AcesHigh
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:42 PM

I really think serena is hungry for another RG, if she wins that it would be an incredible feat to win all slams 2 times.

:lol: practically said the same thing at the same time.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:43 PM

A win at Roland Garros would be better than a win anywhere else. Having at least two slams at each major is HUGE.

So it makes sense to skip Miami just to make sure she's 100% for the clay season.

You guys make sense.:)

jefrilibra
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:45 PM
But seriously .... there is no way in hell that Serena chooses to forgo her backyard tournament cos of the FO! I simply refuse to believe that! She must be injured.

homogenius
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:47 PM

She had a better chance to win last year with Justine out of the mix but even injured she didn't withdraw from Miami to prepare for her clay season(which sucked to say the least).Maybe you're right but I think she's really injured.

harloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:48 PM
But seriously .... there is no way in hell that Serena chooses to forgo her backyard tournament cos of the FO! I simply refuse to believe that! She must be injured.

:worship::worship:We know Serena adores Miami. She would never withdraw just to prepare for the French. She's never done that before and I don't see her doing it now. The injury has to be more serious.:sad:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:50 PM

She had a better chance to win last year with Justine out of the mix but even injured she didn't withdraw from Miami to prepare for her clay season(which sucked to say the least).Maybe you're right but I think she's really injured.

:worship::worship:We know Serena adores Miami. She would never withdraw just to prepare for the French. She's never done that before and I don't see her doing it now. The injury has to be more serious.:sad:

Do people around here really think that she is not seriously injured?:spit:
Well, that's just stoopid.

Viktymise
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I see absolutely no reason why she wouldn't defend them. :shrug:
Plus, she reached only the 3rd round in Paris last year.

And Wimbledon.

I'd actually be surprised at this point if she's not #1 by the US HC swing.

Acinolbaj
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM
cry or celebrate? (:rolleyes:)

*Jool*
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:56 PM
:(

Amalgamate
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Oh no! :crying2: Please, please be healthy for Roland Garros Serena :sad:

serenafan08
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I think it's both. She really is injured - if you didn't see all that tape on her @ the Aussie then you are blind! But I also think she's super hungry for another French Open. I also think she wants a better lead-up to the French - remember last year she lost in the first rounds at every clay court tournament before the French, and actually went into Paris with a four-match losing streak. Don't think she wants to do that again.

simonsaystennis
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Serena :sad: I know this must be a serious injury for her to miss a tournament she loves so much. :hug: Get well soon!

Midnight_Robber
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I think it is a combination of genuine injury (doubt she'd voluntarily skip Miami) as well as an intelligent decision not to aggravate an injury by playing on it. So yes, she's recuperating and as a result she's even more focused than ever on targetting the slams. I know that Miami won't be the same without her in the mix.

AcesHigh
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I think it's both. She really is injured - if you didn't see all that tape on her @ the Aussie then you are blind! But I also think she's super hungry for another French Open. I also think she wants a better lead-up to the French - remember last year she lost in the first rounds at every clay court tournament before the French, and actually went into Paris with a four-match losing streak. Don't think she wants to do that again.

This. Serena is one of the smartest people I've seen at knowing what her body can take and scheduling around that.

bandabou
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:08 PM
wow//then you know she's really injured! dang it!

Rod the Bama
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Oh no!. :sad: First Maria and now Serena. :sad: I hope that she will be ready for the FO.

youizahoe
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Serena you can't withdraw, I doubt you are even that injured :o

I've seen thousands of pics of u wearing high heels, like this week :o

jbeacinu
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:12 PM
another chance for jj

youizahoe
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I pray to god JJ wins a double. Can you imagine Caro or Aga win the double? :hysteric:

supergrunt
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:16 PM
well atleast she reached her goal of 12

LindsayRulz
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Wow, Safina, Sharapova and now Serena? I don't know what to expect from Miami this year, the Belgians better step their game up or else we'll have another IW like two weeks. It looks wide open now, I hope Venus will benifit from it, it's been a long time she hasn't won the title in Key Biscane.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:23 PM
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af19/rudeboy77/Gifs/tumblr_kw9y7mjOsK1qa4z2r.gif

Oh man, I was so looking forward to this tournament.

Human Nature
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Ok GO Venus then...hope nothing serious .

Kipling
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Wow--Miami is taking a hit this week. Sad--it's such a great tourney. I hope this won't affect attendance too much.

Hope it's nothing serious.

LightWarrior
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:41 PM

So... which one is it?

Yes, maybe the injury is not that serious. RG is her top priority.

The Dawntreader
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:42 PM
It seems like Serena in setting herself major restrictions before RG. Of course though, she wouldn't pull out of Miami if not for injury, but there's a long term 'method to this madness' i feel.

Just hope she's applying herself physically to the task of the clay-court season ahead.

Mynarco
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:42 PM
awwww too bad :(

Dodoboy.
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Such bad news! Unexpected!

LightWarrior
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Weird, she hasn't even issued a statement.

Inger67
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:57 PM
OMG! SERENA WITHDRAWING FROM MIAMI! It must be REALLY serious :sad:

Please get better Serena. Until your return, Venus will have to dominate :)

ZODIAC
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:02 PM
SHE is probably doesnt want to hurt herself on the Miami hardcourt like she did last year.If she feels it necessary to skip this event then so be it.On the other hand I think she still feels hurt about what happened in New York,that was a low blow to her.She has always been like this after winning Australia...disappear for months,we will probably see her at RG..NO cHARLESTON,Madrid,Rome,Stuttgatt or Marbella.

Cakeisgood
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Caro will be much closer to number 1 now. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Break My Rapture
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:05 PM
This is good for Vika. :hearts:

Ree. :hug:

Renalicious
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Oh crap :sad: I didnt even know it was serious :bigcry:

ZODIAC
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:09 PM
i hope this is not another 2007

Ellery
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Get well soon Serena! :hug:

Gdsimmons
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Oh sweet Jesus no!!:crying2::crying2:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:13 PM
people are over analysing this :weirdo: why can't she just be injured given how her leg was at the AO....in all her years she has never missed Miami just to be ready for clay: last year her knee was going bum from Paris and she STILL played Miami...I don't think she wants to win RG any more this year than the last so maybe, just maybe, serena is ACTUALLY injured

Potato
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Oh shit the Woz might actually have a chance at number 1 with the number 1 and 2 players seriously injured :scared:

Midnight_Robber
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:20 PM
people are over analysing this :weirdo: why can't she just be injured given how her leg was at the AO....in all her years she has never missed Miami just to be ready for clay: last year her knee was going bum from Paris and she STILL played Miami...I don't think she wants to win RG any more this year than the last so maybe, just maybe, serena is ACTUALLY injured

Agreed. Serena has always taken Miami very seriously. But why should she kill herself out to play on a bad knee yet again? She already did that last year and look how that turned out... (But I guess I'm of the 'why play if you're injured - unless it's a slam?' school of thought.) Perhaps she's also thinking about the rest of her career long-term rather than secretly prepping behind the scenes for RG as some are suggesting. And as time goes on I think that she's going to to naturally focus more on the slams and play within her body's limits which seems very smart to me.

ETA: All this panic around Caro...:shrug:

LightWarrior
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Oh shit the Woz might actually have a chance at number 1 with the number 1 and 2 players seriously injured :scared:

Who cares, most wta #1 have been irrelevant lately. This will just add to the lack of credibility of the wta. Even Woy will say that she doesn't deserve it.

LightWarrior
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Everything is speculation. Let's wait what she says on her blog.

Alizé Molik
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:29 PM
who'll win it now? poor serena :(

ce
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:35 PM
who'll win it now? poor serena :(

:rolls:

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Nothin' like Paris in the Springtime, baby! ;)

The Daviator
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Serena :sad: I miss her, get healthy soon!

Gdsimmons
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Serena :sad: I miss her, get healthy soon!

You and me both. Guess we gotta wait for her to be sliding on the clay. sigh

Daniel K
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Damn :(

Win it now Vee.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Worst news all day :sad:

Stamp Paid
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I sincerely hope in my heart that this is an extreme measure in preparation for Roland Garros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kwilliams
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Get better soon, Serena!!!!

Go for the title, Vee!

Brooklyn90
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:07 AM
What?! Nooooooooo :sad: Please get well soon Serena!

hurricanejeanne
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I never thought Serena's knee injury/aggrivation was that bad but if she's pulling out of Miami it's gotta be bad. :eek:

This tournament is going to be so wide open now.

moon
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I just had to cancel my trip to Miami because of emergency surgery, so I can feel her pain. :sad:

Hope Venus can win it now.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:34 AM
so sad. but she knows what she's doing. :) get better, Serena.

azinna
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Sad news. :sad: For the few still debating: she's injured and making a smart decision not to play through it, even for a tournament she loves and takes pride in winning (see effort last year against Venus and Vika).

Meanwhile, can I take this opportunity to mini-rant once again about the tour calendar? Makes no sense to rev up so early for the Aussie Open, then be asked to rev up again for IW and Key Biscayne, only to have to switch up pronto for the clay season.

osseous
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Oh damn! Another injury!:sobbing: C'mon! I can't stand injury news anymore. GET WELL SOON, SERENA!:hysteric:

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:58 AM
I sincerely hope in my heart that this is an extreme measure in preparation for Roland Garros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this :sobbing:

BlameSerena
Mar 20th, 2010, 02:16 AM
FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!!

Get well Serena please!!!

espntennis
Mar 20th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Gearing up for RG?

The Witch-king
Mar 20th, 2010, 04:01 AM

:rolleyes: ugh not this shit again. Australian Open, anyone?

Nikkiri
Mar 20th, 2010, 04:31 AM
:sad:

is1531
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:08 AM
All the chokers are happy Serena will miss the match. Somebody will get an unexpected pay check.

Jajaloo
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:12 AM
:yippee: :bigwave:

JJ please win Miami

The field is wide open now!

Vartan
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:14 AM
She is lying, just like Maria is. They just went on a vaation together.

Black Mamba.
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM
For years, Serena and Venus had a bad habit of coming back from injury before they were totally better only to make things worse down the line. If this break gives Serena extra time to be 100% healthy for the FO and beyond then I don't see what the problem is.

Bayo
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Blech. Miami feels wrong without Serena there.

Stamp Paid
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Blech. Miami feels wrong without Serena there.OK!!!!! :lol::lol:

Gdsimmons
Mar 20th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Blech. Miami feels wrong without Serena there.

Agreed. I feel by watching it without her, I'm cheating on her or something.
Guess im watching ATP matches for Miami

changel
Mar 20th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Worst IW/MIAMI EVER

Acinolbaj
Mar 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM
well, this make an another easier road into final for Caro at least. :rolleyes:

homogenius
Mar 20th, 2010, 08:10 AM
:rolleyes: ugh not this shit again. Australian Open, anyone?

The AO isn't played on clay and Henin didn't win it 4 times like she did with the FO.See the difference ?

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Awful news :sobbing:

Get well soon Serena :hug:

Calvin M.
Mar 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Get better, champ, and come out guns blazing at Roland Garros!

C. W. Fields
Mar 20th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Or maybe....JUST MAYBE, she's injured and can't play Miami?

No way, that would be far too simple! :rolleyes:

Too bad for Serena, and I really would have liked Caro to have a shot at her in Miami. I hope she gets the chance against Venus instead.

joão.
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Oh no :x

madlove
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:34 PM
yay!

Talula
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Worst IW/MIAMI EVER

Yes.

But for Serena the main issue is keeping fit for the slams and better to ease up before RG.

mdterp01
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM
:eek: WOW!! Thats kind of bombshell news!! The knee must be bad if she's withdrawing from the Miami tournament. Ranking shmanking...rest up Serena and do whats best for your body. Don't want to take any chances with that knee!! :hug: Love you girl!! Can't wait to see you back!!

That said...this is a great opportunity for Justine or Kim or to see if Vika can defend her biggest title yet. Will Jankovic continue her good play? Will Venus step up with Serena not there? Or, we could have a surprise champion. Should be interesting.

debby
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:47 PM
:hug: Serena

Get well soon ! Don't like when the top players are injured, I love when everybody is competing, it gives so many beautiful matchs.

Ntosake
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Sure hate Serena is out with injury--I was so looking forward to seeing her again, so I hope she heals soon.

Meanwhile, Miami is still going to be good ---so many interesting matchups!

C'mon Venus!

doktor
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:56 PM
serena is not really injured, she didn't realise how long it would take to make up 250 hours for her nail course... must have needed an extra week, before she heads to europe...

rucolo
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM
No!:bigcry:

After Maria Sharapova:sad: and Safina the next one.:(

Well, anyway to win AO is much better than Miami.

How many "zero pointers" does Serena have now after Miami?
And is this a new record for a world #1?

I guess we will have a new #1 after Miami?

Gdsimmons
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:39 PM

If Caro wins IW and Miami she's still 500 points behind Serena

Steff_forever
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM
is Miami already too small for her ? :rolleyes:
if it's really serious, I hope she recovers soon...

meyerpl
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM
This is a real shame. Miami won't seem like Miami without Serena. Get well soon!

youizahoe
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Probably none, because she is really injured so I don't think she got one for IW because of that ?

hacberto
Mar 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I honestly feel Serena's gonna be okay. Just give her a little more time

serenafan08
Mar 20th, 2010, 07:36 PM
:lol: I can't believe people think she's not injured. She played 13 matches at the Australian Open - 7 singles and 6 doubles - all through injuries. She needs a break after that. I still think that she's preparing to go on a tear this clay court season, that's another reason she's taking so much time to prepare herself for it.

Serenita
Mar 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
:sad: get well soon Serena

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Chile please...Serena just havent been practicing thats all lol....and I cant blame her for showing up not ready...(thats personally what I think) with Henin, Clijsters, Azeranka, Dementieva and a few others that will be playing, she knows she can't play half assed tennis and get away with it. I'd rather her skip this and be prepared to upset a certian clay court player at Roland Garros this year ;) All my hope will be on Venus now...

Volcana
Mar 20th, 2010, 08:52 PM
:lol: I can't believe people think she's not injured. She played 13 matches at the Australian Open - 7 singles and 6 doubles - all through injuries. She needs a break after that. I still think that she's preparing to go on a tear this clay court season, that's another reason she's taking so much time to prepare herself for it.Thoe are two VERY different reasons.

I think she's injured enough that she can justify skipping Miami. But that if she needed the points, or the money, or the glory, she might well play. In other words, she no more injured than she was at OZ. But yes, I think winning RG is her priority. (However, that may be wishful thinking, since that would increase the odds of Venus winning Wimbledon.)

Gdsimmons
Mar 20th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Serena, just come and kick some major ass during the clay court season.

Halepsova
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Clijsters will win it anyway. :tennis:

harloo
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Clijsters will win it anyway. :tennis:

Yeah, just like she was going to win Indian Wells.:lol:;)

LightWarrior
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM
Looking back when I saw her playing all bandaged from head to toe at the AO she may have aggravated her injury on the lonG term while playing. Must have been playing through pain killers.

Mynarco
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:10 AM
seriously I think serena shows up in slams only, so who cares? let's see a new and fit serena in RG 10

StZox
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:32 AM
Miami won't be the same without her!

Craig.
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:36 AM
Ffs :sobbing:

Tennis is over for me for a while :o

LightWarrior
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:58 AM
seriously I think serena shows up in slams only, so who cares? let's see a new and fit serena in RG 10

Yes, and who knows, maybe she'll show up perfectly fit in Marbella.

winone23
Mar 21st, 2010, 01:08 AM
Darn! Get well Serena!!! I hope this injury is not serious.

Roookie
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah, just like she was going to win Indian Wells.:lol:;)

and just like she was going to win the USO last year :happy:

DimaDinosaur
Mar 21st, 2010, 03:40 AM
LOL, I told ya Henin would make Serena pay one way or another for AO 2010. Have a good rest of the year off Serena :wavey:

DimaDinosaur
Mar 21st, 2010, 03:41 AM
Henin will be kissing Serena's Miami trophy and saying, "This is now MY home!!! ...........And no, Serena, you can't be my roommate"

AcesHigh
Mar 21st, 2010, 03:44 AM
Henin isnt winning. I'd actually bet on that.

Galsen
Mar 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM
well Azarenka or Venus now...

hacberto
Mar 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
I say the same, Venus or Azarenka but I'd love to see a Venus vs Justine final

harloo
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
and just like she was going to win the USO last year :happy:
and just like she was supposed to win the AO this year.:tape::lol: ;)

Lucemferre
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:38 PM
LOL, I told ya Henin would make Serena pay one way or another for AO 2010. Have a good rest of the year off Serena :wavey:

Yea because she is in such good form right now :lol:

harloo
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:51 PM
I say the same, Venus or Azarenka but I'd love to see a Venus vs Justine final

I hope Venus takes the title. Venus vs. Justine would be a good final. But if she doesn't win I would like to see Azarenka win the title.:)

Arnian
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM
I think Justine will do well

Gdsimmons
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:37 PM
Yea because she is in such good form right now :lol:

Lmao! So true

Direwolf
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM
The Miami tournament is sooooooooooooo wide open now.

as wide as this years AO...

narrower than IW

;)

Olórin
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:57 PM
What a fucking pile of shit.

Venus should really command this tournament now if she brings her Dubai game and mindset.

Marshmallow
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:14 PM
Henin will be kissing Serena's Miami trophy and saying, "This is now MY home!!! ...........And no, Serena, you can't be my roommate"

Eeww, well they better sterilise that trophy after because apparently Justin has Chronic Oral Herpes or something.

Q. Weren't you afraid that the emotional side of things would have too much influence on that match?

JUSTINE HENIN: No, I didn't panic. I knew I was not starting that match well. I can tell you, I had a horrible night. My herpes came out again, and I said to my doctor, "Well, I see everything is fine, it's great."

http://larrybrownsports.com/tennis/thats-right-justine-henin-has-herpes/592

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/374177408_58aa7d8473.jpg

Marshmallow
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:19 PM
About Serena... this is just devastating. I was SO looking forward to see her play, especially since in recent photos it's looked like she was working really hard. And she looked so gorgeous too: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5259/x2df7edf0850985.jpg

Serena brings so much to any torunament she plays - least of all glamour- so this is just terrible. But I hope she heals up and makes some noise on the clay. She is more than capable.

guapogreg08
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:41 PM
Bobrena? i kinda like it

guapogreg08
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:41 PM
scratch that, she looks like an alien

Tennisstar86
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
This is Venus' tournament. Win it and become #2.... save the WTA....

Stamp Paid
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:50 PM
Eeww, well they better sterilise that trophy after because apparently Justin has Chronic Oral Herpes or something.

http://larrybrownsports.com/tennis/thats-right-justine-henin-has-herpes/592

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/374177408_58aa7d8473.jpghttp://i41.tinypic.com/2aexdfd.gif

Marshmallow
Mar 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM
scratch that, she looks like an alien

:speakles: Serena is on the Right! Not the centre :tape: (just kidding :D) Serena looks like a video 'honey' - from a classy respectful video of course. Fabulous.

friendsita
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:29 AM

ITA

and I like this "Sheīs going for the history, which isnīt at miami for her, but at the FO" :worship:

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 22nd, 2010, 02:48 AM
About Serena... this is just devastating. I was SO looking forward to see her play, especially since in recent photos it's looked like she was working really hard. And she looked so gorgeous too: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5259/x2df7edf0850985.jpg

Serena brings so much to any torunament she plays - least of all glamour- so this is just terrible. But I hope she heals up and makes some noise on the clay. She is more than capable.
i love her hair!

rucolo
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
So sad Serena is injured.:sad:
Miami is one of her fave tournaments.
WTA needs Serena and Maria!

If Caro wins IW and Miami she's still 500 points behind Serena

Ok, good news.

Probably none, because she is really injured so I don't think she got one for IW because of that ?

Pretty sure you are wrong.
Doesn`t matter if you are really injured or not. If you not play then you will get a "zero pointer".
Even if you break both legs.
But if you are really injured and turn up at the event then you won`t have to pay that much money for withdrawing from the mandatory event I think.

Again this question for ranking experts: