PDA

View Full Version : QF IW: Samantha Stosur (AUS) def. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP) 6-3 7-6(7)

Broseghini
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Last point :lol:

Pasta-Na
sammy :speakles:

jrollaneres25
Stosur Was choking, but she pulled thru

jrollaneres25
Anti-climatic Ending thou

MH0861
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:02 AM
DRA-MA :lol:

I see Maria's point with arguing though, Sam totally played the serve and only challenged when her shot just missed, God knows if that had gone in she wouldn't have done anything.

What a brain cramp by Maria on the second serve :spit:

NeeemZ
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:02 AM
What happened? I didn't see it.

Rafito.
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Too bad for Maria. She got revenge from her cheating in RG.

iPatty
F you MJMS.

Stupid girl thought she got a first serve again after her original first serve was called out. Also, I think we have someone to overtake Bacsinszky for the worst forehand in the Top100.

And complete :bs: that Stosur was able to challenge that serve after playing the return.

fouc

I see Maria's point with arguing though, Sam totally played the serve and only challenged when her shot just missed, God knows if that had gone in she wouldn't have done anything.

you're totally allowed to play return and then ask for a challenge. She did it immediately after returning.

MJMS :o

Alizé Molik

no she didn't she challenged straight away and the shot she played was clearly because the ball was right there, it's not like the players have THAT much time to decide if its in or out before they have to hit it.

it was MJMS own stupid fault for not following what was going on.

Marionated
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:04 AM
:weirdo: ending.
Pepa :sad:

DragonFlame
Thank god stosur won, sanchez really didn´t deserve a set. She was horrible, especially her serve. :o

Bronx19
What a shit house match, she'll get flogged by Janka.

Sanchez, what can I say. You played like an absolute mug, the worst tennis I've seen in a long while. 4-1 up in the second to a tie break. 2-0 to 2-6 to 7-7. Then to finish it off, she forgets she served a fault and serves another frst serve.

How the fuck she beat Azarenka and Wicky I will never know.

delicatecutter
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:05 AM
F you MJMS.

Stupid girl thought she got a first serve again after her original first serve was called out. Also, I think we have someone to overtake Bacsinszky for the worst forehand in the Top100.

And complete :bs: that Stosur was able to challenge that serve after playing the return.

Is Urszula Radwanska still in the Top 100? :help:

edificio
MJMS had a bad tennis day. It could have been a worse loss if Stosur had been steady.

Josh.

She definitely challenged straight away. The umpire thought she was challenging the return but she gestured she was challenging the serve.

fantic
Obviously I'm backing the wrong players such as Vera and Maria Jose :bigcry:

Sam defeating Kiri at LA(Carson) last yr, and this IW...I can't like her :lol:

But MJMS deserved to lose. What ridiculous UEs, and the overcall gameplan was so different from the last two matches

(monotonous drive-fest :help:), I guess she or her coach didn't risk it..

I'll just have to console myself watching those videos I taped of MJMS Wickmayer match :o

jrollaneres25
I know-LOL Do you think The ump was wrong?

iPatty
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Is Urszula Radwanska still in the Top 100? :help:

That girl doesn't even count as a professional tennis player for me. I can't think of any results that would be keeping her in the Top100 anyway, but she is probably in there somehow.

jrollaneres25
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Too bad for Maria. She got revenge from her cheating in RG.

:lol: Karma don't like Ugly:lol::angel:

Sonf@
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Kader Nouni asked Stosur if she wanted to challenge. He explained so to MJ

NyCPsU
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Are you having a conversation with yourself? :unsure:

M.P
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:08 AM
i thought it was umpire ask stosur to challenge the ball
whatever it's kind of horrible

Blu€
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:08 AM

You know players have good days and bad days. Tonight was obviously a bad day for Maria, nothing was working her serve was off, her forehand was missing and she was missing easy shots at the net. Congrats to Sam but I wasn't impressed.

Hayato
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:09 AM

Sanchez, what can I say. You played like an absolute mug, the worst tennis I've seen in a long while. 4-1 up in the second to a tie break. 2-0 to 2-6 to 7-7. Then to finish it off, she forgets she served a fault and serves another frst serve.

:lol: It's like you're personally offended by her because she didn't win today :tape: I'm sure she's more upset than you are.

jrollaneres25
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I was afraid that the crowd would boo the Chair Ump out of the stadium for that :lol:

Rafito.
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:10 AM
You know players have good days and bad days. Tonight was obviously a bad day for Maria, nothing was working her serve was off, her forehand was missing and she was missing easy shots at the net. Congrats to Sam but I wasn't impressed.

No, Azarenka and Wickmayer just had bad days. MJMS didnt have any good days. She is playing like she always does.

Bronx19

Its unacceptable. She was hitting piss easy volleys into the net and serving at 30 odd percent. This is professional tennis, you can not go from hot to cold in one day. Unless you're a woman it seems.

fouc
Kader Nouni asked Stosur if she wanted to challenge. He explained so to MJ

:o No. He asked Stosur whether she wants to challenge MJMS serve or her own return.

Bronx19
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:12 AM
:lol: It's like you're personally offended by her because she didn't win today :tape: I'm sure she's more upset than you are.

I doubt it, she looks like she couldnt give a shit the entire match.

Apoleb
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I thought when the point is replayed (regardless of whether the point was played on a first or a second serve), the server gets a first serve. But here this wasn't a replay. So I think it's a bit understandable why MJMS-cheat got confused. Usually the umpires mention whether it's a first or a second serve if the play is broken. :shrug:

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:13 AM
She definitely challenged straight away. The umpire thought she was challenging the return but she gestured she was challenging the serve.

This. 100%. And Kader explained the situation to MJMS so I dunno what she was doing there

darkchild
:rolls:

jrollaneres25
Stosur threw up her racket to signal a challenge. Kader Nouni wanted to clarify which line she wanted to challenge because clearly everything happend so fast; two ridiculously close calls. So when Kader asked Sam what was she challenging, she told him the serve-DUH!

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I thought when the point is replayed (regardless of whether the point was played on a first or a second serve), the server gets a first serve. But here this wasn't a replay. So I think it's a bit understandable why MJMS-cheat got confused. Usually the umpires mention whether it's a first or a second serve if the play is broken. :shrug:

what are you talking about? :lol: If you're challenging someone's 1st serve and it's out, they get another first serve?

jrollaneres25
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:14 AM

Yea, Kader should have said, second serve

Apoleb
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:15 AM
what are you talking about? :lol: If you're challenging someone's 1st serve and it's out, they get another first serve?

Read the post again, because that's not what I said. TF and reading skills. :yawn:

Blu€
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:15 AM
No, Azarenka and Wickmayer just had bad days. MJMS didnt have any good days. She is playing like she always does.

I didn't watch those matches so I can't really say but she definitely had to play better than today to beat those player because today she was really off. I've followed quite a few of her matches and I can say that today's was one of her worst so for you to say that she always plays like today is just... :rolleyes:

jefrilibra
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:16 AM
MJMS should have confirmed with the umpire before serving!

It's her own fault!

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Read the post again, because that's not what I said. TF and reading skills. :yawn:

ok, my bad. but mjms knew too well that it was her 1st serve that was challenged (she asked Kader about it), in which case the point is not replayed, so what was confusing about that?

Blu€
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:18 AM
MJMS should have confirmed with the umpire before serving!

It's her own fault!

Well judging by Sam's reaction she also thought it was a 1st serve!

BlackPanther.
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:19 AM
MJMS :help:
Samantha well done! :yeah:

jrollaneres25
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:20 AM

Well, it was a very confusing situation, Sam was in choke-mode, so I expected her to make random line calls and gestures:shrug:

Apoleb
ok, my bad. but mjms knew too well that it was her 1st serve that was challenged (she asked Kader about it), in which case the point is not replayed, so what was confusing about that?

Like I said, when points are replayed, the server gets a first serve, always. (someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that's the case). Here, the point wasn't replayed. She might have thought that's the case because Stosur returned the shot (so the point started). That's the confusing part. The serve was simply overruled. I think it's also Kader's mistake for not making it clear what serve she's on.

fouc

I think she was just surprised at what was MJMS doing.
One thing that is clear about it - the better player won.

Mikey.
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Well done Sam. :yeah: I feel so bad for Mariajo though. :tears: What an awful way to finish a match.

Sonf@
Okay, just to sum up to see if I understood it well

If I got it right (everything was SO confusing and SO fast), MJ served, Stosur hit a backhand wide and then she said she wanted to challenge. Kader asked her which shot she wanted to challenge and she said the serve. It was out, Kader said nothing after that and MJ hit another serve out which caused the match to end? Am I right?

jrollaneres25
LOL, I dunno what happened to the other people's post. I guest they erased them :shrug:

fantic
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:22 AM

Did you actually SEE those two matches? I saw it. I moreover took video clips. Just because Vika , whom you're a fan of, lost,

doesn't justify Vika having a bad day :help:

MBM
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:23 AM
mwahahahahaha

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Okay, just to sum up to see if I understood it well

If I got it right (everything was SO confusing and SO fast), MJ served, Stosur hit a backhand wide and then she said she wanted to challenge. Kader asked her which shot she wanted to challenge and she said the serve. It was out, Kader said nothing after that and MJ hit another serve out which caused the match to end? Am I right?

Yes. You only missed the part where MJMS asks Kader what is Stosur challenging, and he tells her that it is the serve.

delicatecutter
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Maria Jo must have known that her first serve was challenged and it was out. Why she thought she would get ANOTHER first serve is beyond me. But it made for an entertaining moment. :rolls:

Huntress55
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Sammy :)

Pity the way it ended, but it was all fair in the end, just MJMS got confused.! So stoked for Sam though! Now onto JJ....

jrollaneres25
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Did you actually SAW(see) those two matches? I saw it(them). I moreover took video clips. Just because Vika , whom you're a fan of, lost,

:angel:

jefrilibra
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Yes. You only missed the part where MJMS asks Kader what is Stosur challenging, and he tells her that it is the serve.

And that serve was out right?

So why the hell did MJMS think that her next serve would be her 1st serve yet again? She's gone nuts!

Territory
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:27 AM
So where can I see this matchpoint? Will it be uploaded somewhere?? :)

jrollaneres25
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:29 AM

So why the hell did MJMS think that her next serve would be her 1st serve yet again? She's gone nuts!

I heard her say, "I'm gonna get you in the locker room" in spanish to Kader Nouni when she passed his chair:devil:

Blu€
Well, it was a very confusing situation, Sam was in choke-mode, so I expected her to make random line calls and gestures:shrug:

Well I don't blame her if she had lost that tie break after having 4 match points I think she would have imploded.

One thing that is clear about it - the better player won.

Sure, the better player today won.

fouc

Yes. Dunno either. But there are posters here claiming that the situation was highly confusing. I still have a hard time understanding why. Though, it may have been that MJMS was so emotional being MP down, that she intuitively, without thinking acted like if the point was replayed... Anyway, she can only blame herself, or better, forget about it and prepare for Miami.

messing
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Like I said, when points are replayed, the server gets a first serve, always. (someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that's the case). Here, the point wasn't replayed. She might have thought that's the case because Stosur returned the shot (so the point started). That's the confusing part. The serve was simply overruled. I think it's also Kader's mistake for not making it clear what serve she's on.It was not the "replay" situation (because the point doesn't start in the first place if the first serve is out.) but just "the first serve out" situation. So automatically she has to go for 2nd serve. There's absoulutely no confusion for this. :shrug:

jrollaneres25
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Well I don't blame her if she had lost that tie break after having 4 match points I think she would have imploded.

I KNOW!:eek: I would have been in FREAK-Mode after that...wait, maybe even Vera Zvonereva Freak-Mode!:lol:

Sure, the better player today won.

This:worship:

aussie_fan
Sam :)

:woohoo:

allrounder
Well done Sam :yeah: good to see her finding form again

MJMS :hug: still a good week for her with some great wins.

Did you actually SEE those two matches? I saw it. I moreover took video clips. Just because Vika , whom you're a fan of, lost,

One of our regular posters on the Vika forum saw it there and said while MJMS played really well Vika was well out of sorts hitting a lot of stuff long and into the net and basically nothing was working for her. Vika said pretty much the same on her twitter too.

Sonf@
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:33 AM

Yeah, I knew about that but I forgot to type it ;)

So, why would Kader ask Sam what she was challenging on the first place? I saw him not letting a player challenge a similar call because she had already returned the serve (Nuria Llagostera Vives at the YEC doubles final) as Sam did. I also think that Sam wouldn't have challenged anything had the backhand got in. On the other hand, If he asked Sam about that, he was assuming the serve was in and therefore the challenge for that shot shouldn't have been allowed.

Also, he should've said "second serve". It may have been MJ's fault for not asking but it was Kader's too, since it's his job to give the calls and MJ's to play tennis.

Anyway, I don't think MJ deserved the win, she played SO off today so in the end it was kind of fair... :help:

Rafito.
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:34 AM

Are you trippin? :tape: If Vika was having a good day she would have murdered her. Every player has a bad day every now and then, and that was just bad day for Vika. Not taking any credit away from MJMS but im just giving the fact.

Apoleb
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:39 AM
It was not the "replay" situation (because the point doesn't start in the first place if the first serve is out.) but just "the first serve out" situation. So automatically she has to go for 2nd serve. There's absoulutely no confusion for this. :shrug:

The point is that Stosur still played the point. I can see how that can be interpreted as a replay. Yeah, it's not that confusing, but given how many times points are restarted with first serves, I can understand why a player at a matchpoint down went for her instincts at the time. The umpire is also partly responsible for this. It's a common occurence to mention what serve the point is on after an interruption.

fouc
Yeah, I knew about that but I forgot to type it ;)

1.So, why would Kader ask Sam what she was challenging on the first place? I saw him not letting a player challenge a similar call because she had already returned the serve (Nuria Llagostera Vives at the YEC doubles final) as Sam did. 2.I also think that Sam wouldn't have challenged anything had the backhand got in. On the other hand,3. If he asked Sam about that, he was assuming the serve was in and therefore the challenge for that shot shouldn't have been allowed.

Also, he should've said "second serve". It may have been MJ's fault for not asking but it was Kader's too, since it's his job to give the calls and MJ's to play tennis.

Anyway, I don't think MJ deserved the win, she played SO off today so in the end it was kind of fair... :help:

1. It was pure reflex. Sam returned the serve intuitively and raised her racket immediately afterwards.
2. Of course she wouldn't. It would be game set match :) But then, MJMS could try challenging her own serve that was called in. It happened before with Patty.
3. Wow, why is that? it is the player who decides whether she likes to challenge the ball or not. It is precisely her weapon against judges and umpire, they cannot deny it just because they think (or are 100% sure) that the ball was in. You can challenge the ball that hits in the middle of the service box if you feel like.

LindsayRulz
Congrats Sam :yeah:

austennis
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:41 AM
YAY SAMMY VERY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! You didnt play your best today, but you also didnt need to.
Hope you can bring it against JJ and put an aussie into the IW final

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Someone needs to Youtube this obviously for those of us who didnt see it

messing
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:44 AM
The point is that Stosur still played the point. I can see how that can be interpreted as a replay. Yeah, it's not that confusing, but given how many times points are restarted with first serves, I can understand why a player at a matchpoint down went for her instincts at the time. The umpire is also partly responsible for this. It's a common occurence to mention what serve the point is on after an interruption.
Yes, I agree about the last sectence. But obviously Sam challenged the serve. Not the return. It's not like MJMS was confused about which call Sam challenged. Then why should it be assumed "replay"?

Jajaloo
:lol: the WTA needs to send MJMS a memo saying she doesn't get 3 serves.

DOUBLEFIST
Way to go Sam!!! :yeah:

Now, please don't cave against JJ.

moby
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Maria Jo must have known that her first serve was challenged and it was out. Why she thought she would get ANOTHER first serve is beyond me. But it made for an entertaining moment. :rolls:IKR? If you faulted your first serve, why would you get another first serve/ why would it be interpreted as a replay?

delicatecutter
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Let's not forget the point where Kader told Maria Jo to challenge her second serve that was called out even though she had already shrugged it off and initially had no intention on doing so. It ended up actually being in. :rolls: That man is a legend. :bowdown:

Sonf@
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:48 AM
1. It was pure reflex. Sam returned the serve intuitively and raised her racket immediately afterwards.
2. Of course she wouldn't. It would be game set match :) But then, MJMS could try challenging her own serve that was called in. It happened before with Patty.
3. Wow, why is that? it is the player who decides whether she likes to challenge the ball or not. It is precisely her weapon against judges and umpire, they cannot deny it just because they think (or are 100% sure) that the ball was in. You can challenge the ball that hits in the middle of the service box if you feel like.

1-Well, I could agree with Sam, but not with Kader. You must apply the same rule to everyone if you want to call yourself a good umpire (and there has been so much controversy with Kader's abilities that I'm starting to doubt it :lol: )
2-I agree with that
3-I know that it's the player's right, but it was Sam who had to tell him what she wanted to challenge. I also saw an umpire not letting a player (Ivanovic I think?) challenge a call because she or he thought it was just a way to distract the opponent or to gain unfair advantage.

Just to clarify another thing: Sam went to the baseline to receive Maria's "second" serve while Maria was on her way to proceed, so did she (Sam) tell him to call "game, set and match"?

moby
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Let's not forget the point where Kader told Maria Jo to challenge her second serve that was called out even though she had already shrugged it off and initially had no intention on doing so. It ended up actually being in. :rolls: That man is a legend. :bowdown::tape: Can you even do that?

If he wasn't sure, he could/should challenge the call himself. I've seen an umpire do that. I think it was Lynn Welch (might have been Alison Lang).

fantic
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Are you trippin? :tape: If Vika was having a good day she would have murdered her. Every player has a bad day every now and then, and that was just bad day for Vika. Not taking any credit away from MJMS but im just giving the fact.

If you didn't see the match, please stop assuming. 'If Vika was having a good day she would've

murdered MJMS?' How the hell do you know, since MJMS was having a good day, too?

Maybe Vika had an off day, if you insist, but MJMS had a

terrific day, unlike your first post alleging MJMS doesn't have a good day :help:

Let's quote your exact word, shall we?

'MJMS didnt have any good days. She is playing like she always does.'

:haha:

Golovinjured.
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Samantha :yeah:

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:54 AM
:tape: Can you even do that?

If he wasn't sure, he could/should challenge the call himself. I've seen an umpire do that. I think it was Lynn Welch (might have been Alison Lang).

Yea, they always go first asking the umpire about the call. I've heard multiple times umpires responding that they're not sure, or that the ball was very close and it could be in (when it was called out). The umpire overrules the call only when (s)he is sure about it. For other cases there are line judges.

But never ever have I seen the umpire taking the challenge :tape:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:55 AM
:woohoo: Sammy solidifies her her spot within the worlds Top 10 :worship:

Still a nice run for MJMS :bounce:

Keadz
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Not much to say about the quality of the match, Sam played well when she needed to. Let herself back into the match and then left it up to MJMS to screw up the rest. :)

Haven't lost a set yet Sammy :hearts:

Good luck in the semis, in with a chance.

fantic
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:07 AM
One of our regular posters on the Vika forum saw it there and said while MJMS played really well Vika was well out of sorts hitting a lot of stuff long and into the net and basically nothing was working for her. Vika said pretty much the same on her twitter too.

My personal thought was that MJMS pressured Vika to make all those UEs. Anyway Wicky had a better game
than Vika, Wicky's serve and movement was overall better than V..

ZODIAC
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Martinez is shady today she got bad karma because she is very dishonest.

Eduardo Oliveira
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Sam! Great..
MJMS didn't played well..:o

The 2nd Law
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:55 AM
OMG Sam! Did not expect a SF that's for sure. I don't know who I want to win in her semi with JJ.

Harvs
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:35 AM
WOOOOOOOOOO! legend

miss_molik
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Woohoo! Go sam :)

OZTENNIS
Mar 19th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Nice work Sammy :D
First Indian Wells semi :banana:

Good luck vs. Jankobitch :armed:

Ben.
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Congrats Sammy!!! :D :woohoo: Couldn't be anymore happier about her achievement of making the semis & reaching the Top 10. Hopefully it doesn't stop there :)

VIKA?
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Pepa:(:hug:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
This tournament isn't such a failure anymore :bowdown: All 4 players left are my faves :inlove:
Well done Sam :kiss: Good luck against JJ!

Bahu
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Good job Sam :yeah:

ivanban
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:09 AM

I totally agree :o haven't seen such ugly tennis in a long time, MJMS was horrendous :help:

Bronx19
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Was there a rally longer than 2 strokes in the entire first 4 games?

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Using the MTF slang, a mugs match.
Ok, MJMS's jurassic tennis could be nice to watch for a change (not today though) but how could anyone be a fan of Stosur's game?

P.S.
Now waiting for Shvedbarilescu to come in claiming MJMS's forehand proved to be a weapon once again last night.

propi
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Great week overall Pepa :bounce:
The best thing about your loss is I don't have to be split supporting Jelena in next round :bounce:

John.
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:03 AM
The last point :spit: Crap match, although glad am won. MJMS get's on my nerves :o

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Pepona... :weirdo:

Just Do It
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:07 PM
What an awful match. Fell asleep during 2nd set.

Pheobo
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:17 PM
how could anyone be a fan of Stosur's game?

I haven't seen her play much, but from what I have seen she has a great serve, a good forehand, decent athleticism...isn't afraid to come to net once in a while and mix it up...she's just a bit streaky. Is any of that incorrect? Like I said, I haven't seen many of her matches but I don't understand all the Stosur hate.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 19th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I haven't seen her play much, but from what I have seen she has a great serve, a good forehand, decent athleticism...isn't afraid to come to net once in a while and mix it up...she's just a bit streaky. Is any of that incorrect? Like I said, I haven't seen many of her matches but I don't understand all the Stosur hate.

She has the most flawed technique in the whole top-100 (yes, that's including Dulgheru). Her footwork is virtually non-existent. Her volleys are average at best. And she's not a "bit" streaky, she frames/overhits/dumps into the bottom of the net every second ball she hits. No comment on the "mixing it up" part as I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

I'll give you her huge arms though.

fantic
Mar 19th, 2010, 05:23 PM
P.S.
Now waiting for Shvedbarilescu to come in claiming MJMS's forehand proved to be a weapon once again last night.

Believe me MJMS was pretty good against Vika & Wicky :sobbing:

But yes, yesterday she was horrendous. No excuse.

fantic
Mar 19th, 2010, 05:25 PM
And she's not a "bit" streaky, she frames/overhits/dumps into the bottom of the net every second ball she hits.

I was counting on THAT, if MJMS was playing good like her last two matches, Sam would implode..so

predicted for 2 sets win for MJMS.

Had no idea MJMS would perform SO bad :sobbing:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:36 PM
She has the most flawed technique in the whole top-100 (yes, that's including Dulgheru). Her footwork is virtually non-existent. Her volleys are average at best. And she's not a "bit" streaky, she frames/overhits/dumps into the bottom of the net every second ball she hits. No comment on the "mixing it up" part as I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

If you repeat bullshit loud enough and with enough convinction you will always get some people to believe you. But it will still remain bullshit. And this is bullshit.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Hey, it was a tough match up for both players. Very often when players oppose someone of a similar style to themselves it does not end up bringing out the best in either player. But their results in their previous rounds still attest to how well both girls have played this tournament.

Maria Jose :sad: :hug:
Sammy, well done. :yeah:

Golovinjured.
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM

How do you explain her getting to TOP 10, then? Her mind of steel? :spit:

fantic
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:57 PM
and what does that make my fav Vera, who lost to Sam convincingly, then :sobbing:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:03 PM
and what does that make my fav Vera, who lost to Sam convincingly, then :sobbing:

Err...crap I guess. But in the skewed warped world of AnnaK4ever, pretty much everyone is crap. :shrug:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:05 PM
How do you explain her getting to TOP 10, then? Her mind of steel? :spit:

Cornet and Cibulkova almost broke into top-10 and Radwanska is still there. Top-10 means nothing these days. Neither does top-20 -- I mean Wickmayer got there despite having a negative W/L record at non-MM events.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Err...crap I guess. But in the skewed warped world of AnnaK4ever, pretty much everyone is crap. :shrug:

Not everyone. Mostly your faves, actually.
Then again, it's not my problem you for some :weirdo: reason once chose to support crap players instead of those who are able to deliver really good tennis.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Not everyone. Mostly your faves, actually.
Then again, it's not my problem you for some :weirdo: reason once chose to support crap players instead of those who are able to deliver really good tennis.

:lol:

Cheers :hug:

PS...I would actually be most curious to see a list of players you do actually like. ;)

youizahoe
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:24 PM
fucking fistpump :yeah:

youizahoe
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Cornet and Cibulkova almost broke into top-10 and Radwanska is still there. Top-10 means nothing these days. Neither does top-20 -- I mean Wickmayer got there despite having a negative W/L record at non-MM events.

You still need to get there though. You can't become top 10 by not winning.

hugo2004
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Thias was a unique match. With both players coming often to the net, very rare in women tennis.

Alizé Molik
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM

what do you mean "these days" like there's never been an awful person in the top 10 before? :rolleyes: