PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Stosur - Looking Good !

BluSthil
Mar 18th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Sam reminds me of another player, Martina Navratalova. (Sam)She's buff, lean & emotionless. I was gonna say lean and mean, but Sam is all work, no play. Martina was buff, lean & mean (would show emotion and vocalize her viewpoint). The first time I saw Sam play I said: "Here's a player who's got all the elements to dominate on the court". Having "guns" like she has, watch out Serena, Venus, Azarenka, Wozniacki, et el. I expected blistering serves and returns. Seeing her tonight, I expected to see some improvement from a year ago. She's technically good, has a better than average serve, and she's focused. If she wins tonight, she moves into the top 10. I don't see #1, but possibly #3.

Slutiana
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:07 AM
:spit:

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:09 AM
:spit: she is going to lose to Maria Jose in 3s :rolls:

Keadz
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Nice jinx...

Sam suffers from a thing called mental retardation. She doesn't understand how to close out a match. I don't think she will ever reach those heights, despite her capabilities...because she just doesn't have the mental state to deal with tough matches.

Plus she is incosistent. But who knows, she might do something amazing.

Noctis
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Her serve and her Fh can keep her in top 20. But futhet would be WTa setback

austennis
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:18 AM
ARRRGH dont curse Sam, shes not had the best start to this 2nd set but i think she can win the match and definitely challenge Jankovic in the SF, but also i think that this might be close to her peak, i dont see her top 3 or top 5 in the near future

Aaric
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:26 AM
ARRRGH dont curse Sam, shes not had the best start to this 2nd set but i think she can win the match and definitely challenge Jankovic in the SF, but also i think that this might be close to her peak, i dont see her top 3 or top 5 in the near future

Stosur top 3 ?? You serious ???

edificio
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Martina N. was not emotionless.

Noctis
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Only thing I think is similar is that they are both lesbians

Jajaloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:32 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

-dead-

Cosantoir
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Stosur is NOT technically good. Probably the most untrue thing not said by a politician.

Cosantoir
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM
But you saying she will be top 3 is a close runner-up.

jefrilibra
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:42 AM

oh snap!

I CAN NOT! :rolls:

pav
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Please refrain from posting threads containing both "Sam Stosur" and "Looking good" in the title, for the sake of world peace.

tennnisfannn
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:53 AM
She is not a lesbian, who outed her? Lisa Raymond or the ones who outed Kuznetsova?

skanky~skanketta
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Well, maybe not top 3, her BH and movement are not top notch. But top 10 definitely. I've been following her career on and off ever since she came on the scene and there's been so much improvement. After watching her at the FO last year, I was like, ok, this girl has finally gotten it together. I honestly thought she would start contending for bigger titles.

Of course, she didn't really do that. Which is surprising, cuz her game is there, she's fit as a fiddle and packs a lot of power and has such delicate volleys. But as mentioned earlier, she's a headcase. Similar to Kuznetsova, but Kuzzy manages to get it together once in a while.

Bronx19
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Sam is not looking good at all. Tomorrow, Janka is going to blow her away.

aussie_fan
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Stosur is NOT technically good. Probably the most untrue thing not said by a politician.

Her serve is. Technically one of the best in the game.

Patrick345
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:49 AM

:lol::lol::tape:

duhcity
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Stosur's ground game and net game is ridiculous. Sometimes all her shots go in at blistering speeds and painting lines, but usually its framed shots and a ton of wide ground strokes.

Super Dave
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:40 PM
http://gagethedog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/steroids.jpg

;););)

esquímaux
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:18 PM
:spit: *DEAD* I watched Sammy live in L.A. last year and I could've sworn I was watching an ATP match :scratch: :lol: I love her despite her 'buffness' anyway :p

Londoner
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Sam reminds me of another player, Martina Navratalova. (Sam)She's buff, lean & emotionless. I was gonna say lean and mean, but Sam is all work, no play. Martina was buff, lean & mean (would show emotion and vocalize her viewpoint). The first time I saw Sam play I said: "Here's a player who's got all the elements to dominate on the court". Having "guns" like she has, watch out Serena, Venus, Azarenka, Wozniacki, et el. I expected blistering serves and returns. Seeing her tonight, I expected to see some improvement from a year ago. She's technically good, has a better than average serve, and she's focused. If she wins tonight, she moves into the top 10. I don't see #1, but possibly #3.

I think 9 Wimbledon singles titles and titles for all other slams both in singles and doubles helps me tell them apart!

Just Do It
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:56 PM
She is like the worst basher on tour.