PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport won't show Wozniacki vs. Radwanska SF live :o (UPDATE: live on ES2!)

fouc
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Or at least that's what Polish ES commentator claims. Anyone can confirm that?

edit: Live on ES2! :worship:

toby345
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
well, I think not showing it live is better for their schedule, 'cause nobody knows how long this borefest could take, perhaps 3 hours + with each rally having 15 shots and more :spit: :help: :angel:

ce
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:56 PM
its live here in Serbia :shrug:
i think so

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:56 PM
TV Channels are not charity companies

As this boring match won´t bring audience , they don´t show it

Slutati
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Tragic. Completely tragic.

Cosantoir
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:01 PM
What a truly astute business decision.

is1531
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Both semifinals matches will be on the Tennis Channel and Tennistv.com.

Rafito.
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:05 PM
They are showing both Semifinals live in Australia, on eurosport.

olivero
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
fuck Eurosport :o seriously, same old shit :o

JJ's biatch
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
thank god :worship: push battle would kill a great number of people.. ;)

Princeza
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:11 PM

:devil:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Best decision ever

Eurosport :worship:

Jorn
The danish ES Commentator first think Caro-Aga would be the first SF tomorrow as MJSM-Stosur play last match today and did not have any rest day off. But he just said after today's QF that Caro-Aga SF will be last played tomorrow... will only be shown on ES 2 delayed Friday after midnight and replay in the morning.

But we can watch on €Eurosport player or Live Streams, so who cares....

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:14 PM
What a tragedy. A true crime against tennis.

Monzanator
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Like Jankovic vs Stosur could be any better :shrug: Haters invaded this thread :sobbing:

Jorn
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:18 PM
BTW, Anybody know the playing schedule? at what time will SF2 be played tomorrow?

LoLex
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:18 PM
They do the same thing every year. I rememeber two years ago they didn't show JJ vs. Ana semifinal live.. it was on saturday afternoon :o

MBM
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:19 PM
same as last year. and there is a very good explanation... they're ****s.

MBM
^^ wtf? i can't say "****s"???

matthias
thanks god ES is smart enough

MBM
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:20 PM
haha guess the word!!

MBM
can i say fuck???

MBM
so why can i say fuck but i can't say ****s???

adner
The danish ES Commentator first think Caro-Aga would be the first SF tomorrow as MJSM-Stosur play last match today and did not have any rest day off. But he just said after today's QF that Caro-Aga SF will be last played tomorrow... will only be shown on ES 2 delayed Friday after midnight and replay in the morning.

But we can watch on €Eurosport player or Live Streams, so who cares....

Well the thing is it's not on Player schedule :o

MBM
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:21 PM
i'm gonna test this out with a load of curse words!!

MBM
can i get banned this way??

Rafito.
Did you say ****.

MBM
maybe i did...

MBM
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:22 PM
actually i said "****s", not "****" teehee

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Bowdown eurosport

Slutati
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:24 PM
so why can i say fuck but i can't say ****s???
You have to say kunts now. :sad: This is more tragic than the fact we won't get to see Aga and Caro play. :tears:

Six Feet Under
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I think there trying to keep the psychiatric institutes open with spaces :)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I actually wanted to watch the match :o

MBM
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:27 PM
You have to say kunts now. :sad: This is more tragic than the fact we won't get to see Aga and Caro play. :tears:

i'm going for "kuntz"

KV
Understandable.

MBM
so here we are, once and for all: €Sport are KUNTZ!!!

:woohoo: :bounce: :yeah:

дalex
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Shame. I was planning to wake up at 3 am to watch this one. :awww:

fouc
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:31 PM
but seriously, is there any chance for a stream? If it's not even in ESPlayer schedule?

MBM
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:33 PM
but seriously, is there any chance for a stream? If it's not even in ESPlayer schedule?

the €sport streams have been russian and english, so if russia's getting it then there's a chance...

also a chinese link which hasnt worked for me so far...

donniedarkofan
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:34 PM

Let us know when you'll be done with jacking off and then rejoin the boards, most probably with some deeper points and brighter posts. Greets.

Joana
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Looking at the British Eurosport schedule, it depends whether they're first on court or not. Or if some pointless boring cross country biathalon skiing thingy over runs :rolleyes:

Otherwise it'll be repeated Saturday on Eurosport 2. Not sure how much British Eurosport differs from the rest of Europe though.

I can almost guarantee that more people in Europe would watch some pointless boring cross country biathlon skiing thingy than a Radwanska vs Wozniacki match.

MBM
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I'd like that guarantee please.

Anyway, regardless of how boring people may find this match, the likelyhood is that the 2nd SF was never planned to be scheduled for most of Europe because of the time difference. It's not a slam or anything, so they won't go out of their way to broadcast it - even if it was, say, Serena v Justine (I'm aware Serena doesn't play IW, that's just the first match I could think of that more people would want to see)

true. they didnt broadcast serena v venus in miami last year....

Nicolás89
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I can almost guarantee that more people in Europe would watch some pointless boring cross country biathlon skiing thingy than a Radwanska vs Wozniacki match.

lol Rich comment. I can almost = I can't. :shrug:

spriwi
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM

The quality of irony in your comments has reached a new low. Congrats! :help:

Joana
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:11 PM
lol Rich comment. I can almost = I can't. :shrug:

That's true, honey. I haven't done a research in the sports watching preferences of the Europeans. It has more to do with a thing called common sense.
I can almost guarantee that you'd have more of it too if you just tried a little harder.

Joana
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Jesus bloody Christ. Just because winter sports aren't popular in Britain or Chile doesn't mean they aren't in continental Europe.

Joana
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:19 PM
The Wimbledon final, yes. The Radwanska vs Wozniacki match at a WTA tournament, not as much.

St.Sebastian
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:26 PM
What are you on about?
British Europsort is showing live WTA tennis at 7pm and 11pm.

Apoleb
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:28 PM
My point still stands.

Tell her to have a seat.

Eurosport has stuck with biathlon for so many years, and has always given it a front spot with lots of ads. It'd be shocking if it's actually because the sport is very popular in the regions where they have lots of viewers. And this I believe is the last stop in the tour, in a trademark venue and one of the most popular stops (Oslo).

I'd take a biathlon race over a Wozniacki/Radwanska match too. But I have to say I'm sort of intrigued to see what kind of a mess it will be. :lol:

adner
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:29 PM
What are you on about?
British Europsort is showing live WTA tennis at 7pm and 11pm.
http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

adner
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Tell her to have a seat.

Eurosport has stuck with biathlon for so many years, and has always given it a front spot with lots of ads. It'd be shocking if it's actually because the sport is very popular in the regions where they have lots of viewers.

I'd take a biathlon race over a Wozniacki/Radwanska match too. But I have to say I'm sort of intrigued to see what kind of a mess it will be. :lol:

Your discussion is quite pointless as they don't show biathlon at that time. Actually their match is in middle of night so it would require just a little effort to broadcast it.

Apoleb
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Your discussion is quite pointless as they don't show biathlon at that time. Actually their match is in middle of night so it would require just a little effort to broadcast it.

My point was in reply to a poster that was making a general point about tennis being more popular than biathlon so it should have the priority, so it's not exactly pointless. I did not check the schedule. Obviously then there's a different reason for their decision.

Melange
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:33 PM

Yes, but will they show it live?

iPatty
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Can't help but laugh.

It must be a sign from above. These two are not meant to meet in an IW semifinal.

TTomek
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:44 PM
so unfair for Jelena and Sam or MJMS :help:

Nicolás89
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:46 PM
That's true, honey. I haven't done a research in the sports watching preferences of the Europeans. It has more to do with a thing called common sense.
I can almost guarantee that you'd have more of it too if you just tried a little harder.

Sure common sense. Also is of common sense to know that many people would indeed watch a biathlon over any tennis match.

KamilZ
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:54 PM

Exactly... :cool:

Cosantoir
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, but will they show it live?

Zing! You were splendid.

Melange
Mar 18th, 2010, 11:09 PM
:wavey:

edificio
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Sure common sense. Also is of common sense to know that many people would indeed watch a biathlon over any tennis match.

I would not. I'd even watch Pim-Pim vs Roddick before biathlon.

I hope I can find a stream of Woz vs Aga. Can't wait!

moby
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:07 AM
This match has been waiting for a long time to happen.

I want to see endless rallies and a friends-to-foes bitchfight, with histrionics from Woz and stony stares from Rad!

Broadcast it!

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:47 AM
wow, ES is partially justified as the OOP is out and they play at 3.30 am in europe...
I will definitely be up though

C. W. Fields
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Well, it makes it an easy choice for us in Central Europe whether or not to get up in the middle of the night. I'm gonna watch the match in the morning on ES2 or as ESP video (if they have it).

Corswandt
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:28 AM

I was actually curious about this Grand Pusher Derby, much the same way as I never miss a Nadal vs Roddick match - because any similarity between what will be played and tennis will be a mere coincidence.

Plus it's a Parker Lewis matchup for me as one of them has to lose.

Jorn
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Pusher vs Pusher a even match... :)

Now not on ES, but will ES2 show the match later on saturday?

and its live on tennistv.com and TTC so ES player may show the match as they did with Caro's QF...

PushniackiNeva#1
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:45 AM
They don't want to waste peoples lives with this match.

Boreas
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:51 AM
They don't want to waste peoples lives with this match.

That's a funny UN:happy:. Mods can you spare us with this troll and ban him?:angel:

Patrick345
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I don´t know why Eurosport would refuse to televise this match in the middle of the night. It´s a rating monster. After five rallies everybody will be asleep and Eurosport up and running for 7-8 hours. :p:devil:

TTomek
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Aga vs Caro live at 3:30 am on ES2 and ES player

replay on Saturday at 10 am on ES2 :bounce:

Agata.
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Aga vs Caro live at 3:30 am on ES2 and ES player

replay on Saturday at 10 am on ES2 :bounce:

:yeah: I've just read it too

Apparently "ES's headquarters in Paris changed their TV schedule because of Agnieszka and after all IW SF of the Pole with Wozniacki will be on TV". At least this is what Polish ES website says ;)

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:40 PM
my best jinx thread ever :hearts:
Eurosport changing their schedule only for Aga :hearts: ;)

fouc
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
well, I think not showing it live is better for their schedule, 'cause nobody knows how long this borefest could take, perhaps 3 hours + with each rally having 15 shots and more :spit: :help: :angel:

you really should be proud of yourself. such a witty, original comment. you pointed out something no one in this thread mentioned before!\:o

Jorn
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM
:) I hope its shown on ES 2 Nordic also! I'll try to get up at 3:30.

toby345
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM
you really should be proud of yourself. such a witty, original comment. you pointed out something no one in this thread mentioned before!\:o

Considering I was the first one to answer in this thread, I actually mentioned something new ;):wavey:

laurie
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Actually, when I heard yesterday that Jankovic's semifinal is on first and wil be live, I was overjoyed! Jelena v Sam should be a good match with both players prepared to take the net and make something hapen, Jelena was playing quite agressive yesterday - though Kleybanoa was doing a superb Nicole Vaiisova impersonation; that is hit the ball all over the place like there's no tomorrow.

But Wozniacki v Radwanska? No thanks, I can give that a miss, wonder how long it will last?

By the way, Jelena's new coach, Chip Brooks, I've never heard of him, has he come out of the army? "Jelena, change racquet! Yes sir!!"

Londoner
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:41 PM

How do you know? I would have watched it and would not have been bored. Both are bigger names than some matches shown and both potential big stars of the future.

Just because some people here might think a match will be boring doesn't mean everyone will!! It is purely subjective.

I would have thought this line up would have drawn as many if no tmore viewers than the Radwanska/Bartoli match which was shown.

Elwin.
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Dutch ES will broadcast it :yeah:
But i'm not really excited for it :lol:

TheAllan
Mar 19th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I bet 90 percent of those who say they won't watch this "push fest" because it's too boring will be glued to their TV.

Nicolás89
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Hatorz :nerner:

Marcelo.
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:06 PM

:weirdo:
As noone cares about what you think, shut the fuck up

Jorn
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Ithink 25% of danes been able to watch ES2 will watch the replay at 10:00 Saturday :)

But how many none danes or poles will watch may be the Q... ;)

adner
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Ithink 25% of danes been able to watch ES2 will watch the replay at 10:00 Saturday :)

I am going to wake up at 3:30 am and watch it live :p

laurie
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I bet 90 percent of those who say they won't watch this "push fest" because it's too boring will be glued to their TV.

I certainly and sincerely do not think that will be the case.

Gdsimmons
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I certainly and sincerely do not think that will be the case.

I second that