Who will dominate the tour
seeming pushers is doing well :shrug:
but they sucks against. Brainless ballbashers

monmonito
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I agree!!!!

King Halep
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM
If you want to be in top 30, easily collecting points, counter pusher is a good way to do it. A lot of head cases who will try for too much and hand wins to you.

Svetlana)))
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:59 PM
If you want to be in top 30, easily collecting points, counter pusher is a good way to do it. A lot of head cases who will try for too much and hand wins to you.

If you want to win the big prizes and get to the top, you need a consistent aggressive game or for the stars to align. coughcoughCarocoughcough.

goldenlox
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM
It used to Borg or McEnroe.
Baseliner or volleyer.
Now power baseliner or steady baseliner.
It depends how well you do it.
There are plenty of both, but players like Jankovic and Wozniacki have not won majors.
It could be coming, especially if Justine is too aggressive in Paris.

MechWarrior2k
Mar 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Baseline huggers vs all-courters vs counterpunchers vs wait-for-a-UE faction

Pushers like Woz will get wins, but not much for the big titles. Counterpunchers can pull off some upsets, but will never dominate. Baseline huggers are inconsistent, streaky, and injury-prone. All-courters should eventually find greatness. Now if there were any all-courters out there...

miffedmax
Mar 18th, 2010, 06:01 PM
It depends on how brainless the ball bashers are.

http://media.oregonlive.com/tennis/photo/dementievajpg-c7fdb481c3438519_large.jpg
"Strategy? What is this thing you call strategy? Nyet! I will go with human wave crosscourt assault like always!".

Mahon_Lorcan
Mar 18th, 2010, 06:59 PM
:haha: what's a fantastic thread..very clever. Tragedy..stupid bullbashers..How can they do it?

Malva
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
http://media.oregonlive.com/tennis/photo/dementievajpg-c7fdb481c3438519_large.jpg
"Strategy? What is this thing you call strategy? Nyet! I will go with human wave crosscourt assault like always!".

A perfect summary of Lena's game from Lena's most outstanding fan.

I can only feel sympathy. Unlike miffedmax the 'blondes' and 'bangs' don't cast a spell on me: I am addicted to a 'soft touch', 'variety' and 'playing cat-and-mouse' on court. At the same time I abhor 'power' in women's tennis (it doesn't fit my ideal of 'feminine' — it just isn't graceful; and men do that so much better, naturally).

Serenafan1
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:03 PM
love the anime ball bashers rule!

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Pushers/moonballers haven't won a GS title for nearly 20 years. I still have hope there will always be at least one real player left standing on their way at the latter stages of Grand Slams.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Gutless players (pushers) don´t win big titles

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Hopefully Ballbashers WITH brains and Counter Punchers WITH brains will dominate.

Leave the pushers at home.

Serenafan1
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM
yes maam!!!

Slutati
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
It depends on how brainless the ball bashers are.

Oh lord. :hysteric::haha:

Corswandt
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Gutless players (pushers) don´t win big titles

Correct.

Cosantoir
Mar 19th, 2010, 03:36 PM
A pusher hasn't succeeded in slam level for quite some time. All that really worries people is how much they win on the day-in day-out WTA tour which leads to people being overranked.

This in turn starts a cycle as for example,

Wozniacki will be #2 for the next two slams provisionally. 99.9% sure she won't make the final of either of them which is her seeded role as #2. This means she will be upset by someone and this will be a catalyst for another player with another unspectacular game to gain an irrational amount of ranking points in comparison to what they gain for the rest of the 52 weeks. Then they get upset by someone at tournaments they're now unjustly seeded at and it just goes on and on and on.

GracefulVenus
Mar 19th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Love the thread :yeah: Venus Williams the worlds Best Brainless Ball Basher!! :yeah: