PDA

View Full Version : TTC's Davenport, Corina Morariu: Where Are They?

tennisbum79
Mar 18th, 2010, 12:34 AM
What happen to Davenport and Corina Morariu as commentators on the TTC?

Did they leave the TTC?

I prefer them to Tracy and her current partner.

Uranium
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Corina just did Dubai and Lindsay doesn't commentate that often.

delicatecutter
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:29 AM
The better question is who are the anonymous foreigners they have calling matches? :help:

tennisbum79
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:18 AM
The better question is who are the anonymous foreigners they have calling matches? :help:
:lol:I thought it was only on TV infomercial they needed pitch mean with English accent?:lol:

To be fair, Aussies and British routinely hire Tracy, Connors and McEnroe during their respective tournaments.
We are just not used to seeing it that often in the US.
Although we have Drysdale and the other Aussie( former Agassi coach) on ESPN.

Edinboro
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Corina did Dubai and Paris Indoors. Katrina Adams did Sydney and Dubai. And the guy (Brian Webber?) did Sydney and Paris. It seems between those three they mix them up a lot. But during Paris Indoors Corina was totally hitting on her partner, maybe she got fired.?. : ( ....

Nah just kidding, she'll be back. And soon hopefully.

tennisbum79
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:23 AM
This is in California where Davenport lives, so I thought it would be more convenient.

Serena y Monica
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Tracy is enough to make me miss Corina.

tennisbum79
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Corina did Dubai and Paris Indoors. Katrina Adams did Sydney and Dubai. And the guy (Brian Webber?) did Sydney and Paris. It seems between those three they mix them up a lot. But during Paris Indoors Corina was totally hitting on her partner, maybe she got fired.?. : ( ....

Nah just kidding, she'll be back. And soon hopefully.
Hope the three women of them come back.

kalisita
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Davenport commentates for FSN in the US during IW and Miami. She's been on there all week for their coverage.

tennisbum79
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Davenport commentates for FSN in the US during IW and Miami. She's been on there all week for their coverage.
OK. That explains it

yukon145
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:54 AM
I think Tracey Austin is great.

Jeff
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:24 AM

I didn't even know it was on FSN this year lol.

Tennisstar86
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:36 AM
I didn't even know it was on FSN this year lol.

Yeah, they have it on for 2 hours 9:30 to 11:30... Lindsays commentating right now... She did Kims a couple nights ago and was talking about how the glam of coming back to the tour has ended and not all the little things about it start to bother you again... I know how that feels. Lol made me wonder if that second baby really WAS a mistake...

Slammer7
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Just like it has been already posted Lindsay does IW and Miami for FSN and she only does the slams and the YEC (from Studio mainly) for TTC along with the summer hardcourt tourneys in California. Shes got a pretty sweet deal. She gets to do the events that are in her home State and gets to be with her family, and gets to do a select few big tournaments for TTC and FSN from a studio in California. I'm not sure whether she is going to be on site at Miami, but that's not a bad place to work for a week. ;) :lol:

Also the British commentators you are hearing during the mens matches work for Sky Sport in Europe and TTC just carries the feed of that broadcast and insert their commercials. :shrug: They pay a rights fee, but those announcers don't work for TTC they work for Sky Sports and there broadcast is basically the international English language feed for all of the Masters Series events.

tonybotz
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:18 AM
probably scissoring if i know them!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 18th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I hope Lindsay commentates more, she is great! She has a great voice, is feisty, and doesn't throw shade at players (ala Tracy, Mary Carillo, Pat McEnroe etc)

Lindsayfan32
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:03 AM

Lindsay is commentating Indian wells amd Miami for FSN. Lindsay is what you'd call a free lance commentator. :)