PDA

View Full Version : wOZ wOZ wOZNIACKI Getting closer to SEWTA number *1* Jelena Saved Us For Now

Noctis
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM
:eek::eek::eek: her best friend Aga gunna make her a path to the final

closing on Serena,if Serena doesnt do well in Miami :tears:

rnwerner
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
If Zheng beat her, she doesn't win one single point.

Noctis
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Assuming jie hopefully beats her.

Milito22
NOOOOOOOOOOO :hysteric:

NA-GOAT
cmon Jie :shout:

Cosantoir
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Wozniacki actually could have been #2 if her results prior to Miami weren't so lacklustre.

FORZA SARITA
NOOOOOOOOOOO :hysteric:

:worship:

jefrilibra
I have faith in Golden Flower!

Kill her!

Uranium
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Congrats to her for "getting close", but even if Serena loses in Round 2 of Miami and Caro wins both IW and Miami, she wouldn't be #1. Then Caro has quite a lot to defend on clay while Serena has practically nothing.

Gdsimmons
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Congrats to her for "getting close", but even if Serena loses in Round 2 of Miami and Caro wins both IW and Miami, she wouldn't be #1. Then Caro has quite a lot to defend on clay while Serena has practically nothing.

Thank you

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM
She will be number two at least . I dont see a player able to beat her in Indian Wells , not that Wozniacki is too good , the rest of the field is very poor

Russianboy
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
im gonna root for serena for the first time in my life then

Tennisstar86
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:33 PM
she wont even be #2 for long....If Venus does well at Miami she will more than likely be #2 for the French Open.....If she wins Miami she will be #2....

Uranium
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM
she wont even be #2 for long....If Venus does well at Miami she will more than likely be #2 for the French Open.....If she wins Miami she will be #2....

Eh, depends on Caro at IW and Miami. If Caro makes Final of IW or makes SFs of both IW and Miami then Caro is #2 even if Venus wins Miami.

Jorn
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Caro will have to beat Zheng and Aga in IW or she won't get to No. 2 any time soon...I don't think she can more than defend her Miami points.

laurie
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:51 PM
:eek::eek::eek: her best friend Aga gunna make her a path to the final

closing on Serena,if Serena doesnt do well in Miami :tears:

Maybe no one has told you that Serena has only won Miami about 4 times! I have no doubt Serena will do well again if not win it.

The Dawntreader
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Maybe no one has told you that Serena has only won Miami about 4 times! I have no doubt Serena will do well again if not win it.

5;)

Mynarco
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Zheng please save WTA

Jorn
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Op wrote IF Serena does not do well in Miami... She has not won yet ;) But Caro also need to win to get many more points...

Uranium
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Op wrote IF Serena does not do well in Miami... She has not won yet ;) But Caro also need to win to get many more points...

Yes, but even if Caro wins both IW and Miami with Serena losing in round 2, Serena would still have a 505 point lead over Caro. Unless I did my math wrong. Then comes the clay where Caro has 1360 to defend and Serena about a total of what like 11 points.

Olórin
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Unnecessary thread. Caro won't be number one. No-one panic.

Cookie Power
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Salt and Pepa's here, and we're in effect!

Jorn
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM
The OP don't wrote she was No 1, but she was getting closer...

slamchamp
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM
it's hard not to when there's a slight chance of her being number 1:scared:

Gdsimmons
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Isn't Serena a good 2000+ points ahead of Safina?? And Serena has basically no points to defend from the clay season. Caroline made the final of Madrid right?? I agree, no need to panic

LightsOut!
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Wozzy as world #1 would be the biggest joke in tennis history :sobbing:

Nicolás89
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Yay Caroline. :hearts:

delicatecutter
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Wozzy as world #1 would be the biggest joke in tennis world history :sobbing:

Fixed. :sobbing:

Buitenzorg
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Caro has been playing good tennis for the past 12 months, if she reach #1 spot so be it....se deserved what she earned :p

AnywhereButHome
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Wozniacki ranked second in the world (even her being in top 3) is worse than Safina being number 1. If Safina didnt have that Grand Slam Tittle, Wozniacki doesn't even have the game.............................

The Daviator
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Go Caro Go :hearts:

~{X}~
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Wozniacki ranked second in the world (even her being in top 3) is worse than Safina being number 1. If Safina didnt have that Grand Slam Tittle, Wozniacki doesn't even have the game.............................

Atleast Wozniacki's Grand Slam Final... was more competitive than the 3 Safina's been apart of. :tape:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Go Caro Go :hearts:

Hypocrite. You only wish Wozniacki good so that Ivanovic will be redeemed of her "the worst #1 in history" curse.

Tennisstar86
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hypocrite. You only wish Wozniacki good so that Ivanovic will be redeemed of her "the worst #1 in history" curse.

:lol: wont ever happen.

treufreund
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Caro :hearts: You gotta love this girl's personality!

DefyingGravity
Mar 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
To someone who said that Safina wasn't competitive in her three finals, the RG 2008 final was pretty darn competitive. She did well for what she had left.

Midnight_Robber
Mar 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM

:lol:

Keegan
Mar 18th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Atleast Wozniacki's Grand Slam Final... was more competitive than the 3 Safina's been apart of. :tape:

At least Safina's been to more than one Grand Slam final :tape:

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 12:49 AM
At least Safina's been to more than one Grand Slam final :tape:

not at Caro's age she had

Lin Lin
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Caro:awww::yeah:

duhcity
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:12 AM
First, way to make a ridiculous thread Wolfy. It's statistically impossible for Caro to make Number 1 until the clay, and even then she'd have to pretty much win every event she's playing until then to have a chance as Serena is defending literally nothing.

Second, Caro would be the worst #1 in history because she has no winning record against any player currently in the top 10, and doesn't have a winning record over Stosur, the new top ten player, either. Now THATS ridiculous

delicatecutter
Mar 18th, 2010, 01:33 AM
First, way to make a ridiculous thread Wolfy. It's statistically impossible for Caro to make Number 1 until the clay, and even then she'd have to pretty much win every event she's playing until then to have a chance as Serena is defending literally nothing.

Second, Caro would be the worst #1 in history because she has no winning record against any player currently in the top 10, and doesn't have a winning record over Stosur, the new top ten player, either. Now THATS ridiculous

Her top 10 wins are abysmal, before or after she herself was in the Top 10. She must be the highest player to ever get to #3 with the fewest number of Top 10 wins. There are probably players who haven't even reached the Top 20 who have more Top 10 wins than she does. She is an official travesty.

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Her top 10 wins are abysmal, before or after she herself was in the Top 10. She must be the highest player to ever get to #3 with the fewest number of Top 10 wins. There are probably players who haven't even reached the Top 20 who have more Top 10 wins than she does. She is an official travesty.

At age 19 Caroline (18 even) has already proven she can beat pretty much any of the other top players (even had 4 match points against Serena) and on top of that she has way more consistency and heart than the rest of the tour (bar maybe Serena). That's not a travesty.

If you think her ranking is inflated, blame the WTA and their rules instead, not to mention the rest of the top players for crashing and burning when they shouldn't.

Caroline is just doing what she's supposed to: Playing her heart out and winning.

delicatecutter
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:22 AM
At age 19 Caroline (18 even) has already proven she can beat pretty much any of the other top players (even had 4 match points against Serena) and on top of that she has way more consistency and heart than the rest of the tour (bar maybe Serena). That's not a travesty.

If you think her ranking is inflated, blame the WTA and their rules instead, not to mention the rest of the top players for crashing and burning when they shouldn't.

Caroline is just doing what she's supposed to: Playing her heart out and winning.

Any of the other top players??? I'm way too tired or else I would do the research and give you an extended list of top players she has never beaten.

God, get a grip.

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Any of the other top players??? I'm way too tired or else I would do the research and give you an extended list of top players she has never beaten.

God, get a grip.

If you can have 4 match points against Serena and beat Azarenka, Dementieva and Kuznetsova repeatedly (all current top 7 players), then you can beat anyone. On top of that she has the consistency and heart that the rest of the tour lacks.

Row row, row your boat.

delicatecutter
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Or you can lose to Vesnina, Rybarikova, Martinez Sanchez (x2), Li Na (x2), Lisicki (x2), et al. STFU.

BTW, no one (but you) cares if she had MPs on Serena. She didn't win the match. It does not count. :wavey:

Yorker
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:44 AM
ahhh a new worst number 1

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Or you can lose to Rybarikova, Martinez Sanchez (x2), Li Na (x2), Lisicki (x2), et al. STFU.

BTW, no one (but you) cares if she had MPs on Serena. She didn't win the match. It does not count. :wavey:

Mostly competitive matches.

What about Clijsters losing 6-0 6-1 recently to Petrova whom Caroline just bagelled out of Indian Wells?

Venus lost to Lisicki too same tournament that Caroline first lost to her. Azarenka just lost to Sanchez too. Kuznetsova lost to Na Li recently as well.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Danish fans are newbies in tennis , with all the due respect

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Danish fans are newbies in tennis , with all the due respect

Women's tennis is an inferior sport to the sports I follow more closely. I'd be ashamed to call myself an expert of women's tennis or the like.

Cakeisgood
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Caro, gurl, I love you, but please don't get to #1.

Serena, play well please

delicatecutter
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Women's tennis is an inferior sport to the sports I follow more closely. I'd be ashamed to call myself an expert of women's tennis.

You never would have fooled me from your posts. You know jack shit about women's tennis. You think Pushniacki is hot. Fine. Just don't try to argue about her merits with those of us who do know the sport. Why can't you just admire her? Why do you have to defend her when there is no defense for her? Her other fans know better.

Gdsimmons
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Caro, gurl, I love you, but please don't get to #1.

Serena, play well please

THIS

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:13 AM
You never would have fooled me from your posts. You know jack shit about women's tennis. You think Pushniacki is hot. Fine. Just don't try to argue about her merits with those of us who do know the sport. Why can't you just admire her? Why do you have to defend her when there is no defense for her? Her other fans know better.

Why can't just blame the WTA rules and the rest of the tour for sucking instead of calling Wozniacki a travesty for doing exactly what she's supposed to?

I'll defend her against idiots like you any day. And don't use the "I'm an expert, you're not, so I'm right by default" argumentative fallacy. You might know more about women's tennis, but you clearly lack common sense.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Women's tennis is an inferior sport to the sports I follow more closely

What sports do you follow ? . Don`t tell me that handball :o

Tennisstar86
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:23 AM
If you can have 4 match points against Serena and beat Azarenka, Dementieva and Kuznetsova repeatedly (all current top 7 players), then you can beat anyone. On top of that she has the consistency and heart that the rest of the tour lacks.

Row row, row your boat.

"shes proven she can beat anybody" anybody can beat anybody and have a good or a bad day... Noone wins all the matches (unless your name is Henin and your opponent and Jankovic :lol:) but the fact that she has a losing record against everyone in the top ten is sad....

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:24 AM
What sports do you follow ? . Don`t tell me that handball :o

MMA and K1 mostly.

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:26 AM
"shes proven she can beat anybody" anybody can beat anybody and have a good or a bad day... Noone wins all the matches (unless your name is Henin and your opponent and Jankovic :lol:) but the fact that she has a losing record against everyone in the top ten is sad....

It's not sad when you're only 19 and most of the others are veterans or more experienced.

She's beaten 3 of the top 7 players repeatedly after only a few years on tour. Not "anybody" can say that.

Tennisstar86
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:33 AM
It's not sad when you're only 19 and most of the others are veterans or more experienced.

She's beaten 3 of the top 7 players repeatedly after only a few years on tour. Not "anybody" can say that.

its sad when you're about to be ranked #2.....

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:40 AM
its sad when you're about to be ranked #2.....

It might be sad for you that the rest of the tour wasn't able to stop her. Too bad :lol:

(admittedly she hasn't made #2 yet and might not make it for all we know)

btw. I was originally responding to the guy calling Caroline a travesty. I fail to see how winning matches and moving up the rankings as a result makes you a travesty. It seems that he should direct his beef toward the WTA rules or the rest of the horribly inconsistent field instead.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:48 AM
MMA and K1 mostly.

Pfff

Tennisstar86
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:53 AM
It might be sad for you that the rest of the tour wasn't able to stop her. Too bad :lol:

(admittedly she hasn't made #2 yet and might not make it for all we know)

btw. I was originally responding to the guy calling Caroline a travesty. I fail to see how winning matches and moving up the rankings as a result makes you a travesty. It seems that he should direct his beef toward the WTA rules or the rest of the horribly inconsistent field instead.

EXCEPT, the fact that she has a losing record against the top ten, so they HAVE been stopping her....:lol: but since she palys every week it doesnt matter how many times they beat her..... I like Caroline, but you arent making any sense.....

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 03:56 AM
EXCEPT, the fact that she has a losing record against the top ten, so they HAVE been stopping her....:lol: but since she palys every week it doesnt matter how many times they beat her..... I like Caroline, but you arent making any sense.....

Many of them obtained wins against her when she was still a greenling. In fact, she's STILL fairly green compared to the verterans and she's still beaten 3 of the top 7 players repeatedly. They have failed to stop her by crashing and burning at every other tournament and having no consistency at all.

For reference, Graf became #1 without winning a slam and started out being 0-6 against Chris Evert. She ended up being 8-6 against Chris Evert and winning a shitload of slams.

Caroline's head-to-head against other top 10 players will start to tilt more in her favor as well as she gains more experience.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:05 AM
A serious question kman ... Do you like the way Wozniacki plays or you support her cos she is danish ?

Singleniacki
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:15 AM

Want you to push it babe.

duhcity
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Caroline's head-to-head against other top 10 players will start to tilt more in her favor as well as she gains more experience.

But that's the problem. She can become #1 for all I care. But she has to do it by "tilting" those head to heads. A lot of people call Ana, JJ, and Dina the worst #1s ever. But they still have decent H2H's against top players, and they're impressive when they're playing their best. Caro's most impressive tennis (at least for me) at this point was dependent upon her heart and the mental fragility of her opponents (Referencing Vika@YEC).

Do you think Caro is really going out there and showing that she wants to take the #1 from Serena? As weak as some may call Ana, JJ, and Dinara, they all went and really earned their #1 ranking relative to what others were doing at that moment. Ana with the FO, JJ with a great indoor season, and Dinara with last years clay. I just don't feel that Caro is going out and really declaring "I'm a damn good player and should be #1".

Plus, I wouldn't say she's repeatedly beating 3 of the top 7. Two or three wins isn't repeatedly.

Tennisstar86
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Many of them obtained wins against her when she was still a greenling. In fact, she's STILL fairly green compared to the verterans and she's still beaten 3 of the top 7 players repeatedly. They have failed to stop her by crashing and burning at every other tournament and having no consistency at all.

For reference, Graf became #1 without winning a slam and started out being 0-6 against Chris Evert. She ended up being 8-6 against Chris Evert and winning a shitload of slams.

Graf won the French Open in May...she became #1 in August after making the finals of Wimbledon....WHAT are you talking about? The age different between Evert and Graf is 15 years...... Evert was beating GRaf when she was 16 and Graf was beating Evert when she was 32...... The other girls she cant beat were consistantly beating top players when they were her age... Some were winning slams...... some ARE her age...... so no. :lol: comparing her to Graf...:help:

Mynarco
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:18 AM
A serious question kman ... Do you like the way Wozniacki plays or you support her cos she is danish ?
you better ask this question to those aussies who support stosur
(edit: I can't think of any reason to support stosur besides being an aussie)

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Graf won the French Open in May...she became #1 in August after making the finals of Wimbledon....WHAT are you talking about? The age different between Evert and Graf is 15 years...... Evert was beating GRaf when she was 16 and Graf was beating Evert when she was 32...... The other girls she cant beat were consistantly beating top players when they were her age... Some were winning slams...... some ARE her age...... so no. :lol: comparing her to Graf...:help:

I've been misinformed then. Someone else here said yesterday that Graf became #1 without winning a slam. Shame on him. Apparently I'm not the only non-expert here.

As for the rest, yea, Evert obtained wins against Graf when Graf was still a greenling. Steffi turned it around when she got more experienced. I predict the same thing will happen with Wozniacki's head-to-head against top 10, to a lesser extent of course, seeing as Caroline is no Graf. I certainly don't expect Caroline to rake up all those slam wins. I'd be thrilled if she got even one. I don't expect Caroline to become #1 either. In fact, she's already surpassed my expectations in every way imaginable.

Now I want to enjoy the last set of this match so you'll have to excuse me.

janksta
Mar 18th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Is she like number 2 now?

Man, the WTA has definitely mastered the art of WTF. Lady Gaga is jealous

gc-spurs
Mar 18th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Now I don't really want Caro to get number one, but you can hardly blame her that everyone else besides Slamrena is so inconsistent.

Nina.
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Don't EVER compare Wozniacki to Graf :o

Pops Maellard
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Caro's results to defend during Miami and the clay season:

Miami: QF
Ponte Vedra Beach: W
Charleston: F
Stuttgart: R2
Rome: R3
Madrid: F
RG: R3

Serena's Points:

Miami: F
Marbella: 1R
Rome: 1R
Madrid: 1R
RG: QF

So I'd say Serena's chances at staying #1 are pretty high. :lol:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:11 AM

Graf is not that good

Beny
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Nothing against Wozniacki being No.1

She is a complete player and I just love her backhand :drool:

kman
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM

Was a reference. Not a comparison. Hence why I wrote "As a reference" and also wrote "Caroline is no Graf"

Noctis
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Who can we compare Caro too :scratch:

geoepee
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Want you to push it babe.

Yo, yo, yo, yo, baby-pop
Yeah, you come here, gimme a kiss
Better make it fast...or else i'm gonna get pissed
Can't you hear the music's pumpin' hard like i wish you would?
Now push it...

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Who can we compare Caro too :scratch:
Hingis? Hewitt? :scratch:

Now I don't really want Caro to get number one, but you can hardly blame her that everyone else besides Slamrena is so inconsistent.

She's reached the finals or better of the last 3 events she's played :shrug: Not bad, if you ask me...

Mostly competitive matches.

What about Clijsters losing 6-0 6-1 recently to Petrova whom Caroline just bagelled out of Indian Wells?

Venus lost to Lisicki too same tournament that Caroline first lost to her. Azarenka just lost to Sanchez too. Kuznetsova lost to Na Li recently as well.

None of these players are even close to being #1 :shrug:, so the comparisson is irrelevant.

And mps (in Sydney) against Serena mean nothing. Come to me when she's beaten a top player in a major.

...and I mean any top player, not specifically Serena.

Caro's a very pretty girl with a great personality and a great attitude, but she's NOT #1 status (or Top 5, for that matter), right now.

Cosantoir
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:57 PM

She's reached the finals or better of the last 3 events she's played :shrug: Not bad, if you ask me...

None of these players are even close to being #1 :shrug:, so the comparisson is irrelevant.

And mps (in Sydney) against Serena mean nothing. Come to me when she's beaten a top player in a major.

...and I mean any top player, not specifically Serena.

Caro's a very pretty girl with a great personality and a great attitude, but she's NOT #1 status (or Top 5, for that matter), right now.

Don't compare Wozniacki to Hingis and Hewitt. What an insult.

And I'm actually going to defend her because she did beat Kuznetsova in a major just months after Kuznetsova won a slam.

Slutati
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Go Caro! Get that number 1. :bowdown:

2Black
Mar 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
This thread was a joy to read ... SUCH COMEDY :lol:

I actually want the Woz to get to #2 ... Can you imagine the # of players that would be praying they end up in her quarter. :lol:

I can see players dancing in their hotel room at the sight of seeing their name on the same side as Caroline ... Each time her quarter would be deemed as "wide open" :lol:

NA-GOAT
Mar 18th, 2010, 10:32 PM
This thread was a joy to read ... SUCH COMEDY :lol:

I actually want the Woz to get to #2 ... Can you imagine the # of players that would be praying they end up in her quarter. :lol:

I can see players dancing in their hotel room at the sight of seeing their name on the same side as Caroline ... Each time her quarter would be deemed as "wide open" :lol:

that already happens right now with Caro at #3 or #4
for example in AO I was jumping up and down when I saw Na got draw into Caro's quarter :rolls:

the only difference will be people will be happy they get draw in Caro's half instead of Serena's half :haha:

The Dawntreader
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM

What a misguided comparison. Even comparing her to Hewitt is a stretch.

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:52 AM
What a misguided comparison. Even comparing her to Hewitt is a stretch.

:scratch:

Both managed to reach the top of the womens rankings without being able to blast their opponents off of the court with powerful shots. Both are consistent off of the ground. :shrug:

Of course Hingis had more success and was an amazing doubles player, but at least a comparison to Hingis is closer than the one to Graf made earlier in the thread :shrug:

AnomyBC
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Second, Caro would be the worst #1 in history because she has no winning record against any player currently in the top 10

That's only true if you don't count Fed Cup. If you count Fed Cup, Caro leads Vika 3-2. She's also tied 2-2 with Kuznetsova, 2-2 with Stosur and 1-1 with Radwanska, and she has a very respectable record of 2-3 against Dementieva.

Also, keep in mind that all of her matches against Top 10 players have been played when she was between the ages of 16 and 19, whereas most of her opponents were in their 20s, so give the girl a break. She's still only 19 years old!

Cosantoir
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:57 AM

Both managed to reach the top of the womens rankings without being able to blast their opponents off of the court with powerful shots. Both are consistent off of the ground. :shrug:

Of course Hingis had more success and was an amazing doubles player, but at least a comparison to Hingis is closer than the one to Graf made earlier in the thread :shrug:

No. Hingis at her best aggressive dictated play and was an immovable object on her own baseline. Wozniacki cannot even toast Hingis' bread.

The Kaz
Mar 19th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Eh, depends on Caro at IW and Miami. If Caro makes Final of IW or makes SFs of both IW and Miami then Caro is #2 even if Venus wins Miami.

:spit: @ Venus winning Miami.

~Eclipsed~
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:04 AM

Yeah because with the way Venus is playing lately, she has no shot at winning Miami. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Caro has a lot more to prove before she becomes number 2 and definitely shouldn't reach it anytime soon. At the same rate, it's not her fault that she's consistent compared to the majority of the WTA. She's just going out there and making the most out of what she has. Year long consistency like she displays, should be rewarded, but only so highly. That's the WTA for you.

shaktincredible
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:27 AM
don't worry guys.. serena is still number one..

Russianboy
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:05 AM
this thread :lol:

Pops Maellard
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Um, she's won it numerous times and reached the semis last year. :cuckoo:

MaBaker
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
:vomit: If Serena allows that, then she should get some balls down to her throat. The rest of top10 as well.

AcesHigh
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Both managed to reach the top of the womens rankings without being able to blast their opponents off of the court with powerful shots.

But you don't need powerful shots to hit your opponent off the court. At her peak, Hingis could hit winners on you all day.

Acinolbaj
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM
:help:

LoLex
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Serena please :o play some tennis if your body is still working.

Richie's
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Oh please................................ I both don't like Aga and Caro but I really wish Radwanska to stop Caro.

Uranium
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Um, she's won it numerous times and reached the semis last year. :cuckoo:

He's a bitter pathetic hater, ignore him:p

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 19th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Please... :scared: No!!! :eek:

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:14 PM
But you don't need powerful shots to hit your opponent off the court. At her peak, Hingis could hit winners on you all day.

Caro hits winners too :shrug:

In her match against Petrova, she had 8! That's 1 more than 7! :eek:

2Black
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Well, there was 1 winner on her racket at the 2000 US Open semifinal ... Up 5-3, 30-15 on Venus serve, she had an overhead, smash to put the point away. Would have given her 2 match points. Her smash was one of the softest I've ever seen. It landed like mid court. :lol: But I guess since the sun had gone down, this wouldn't count as "all day" :)

tonybotz
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:01 PM
its Caro's party and no one was invited!! Hotniacki will be the longest SEWTA #1 in history! :devil::devil:

Gdsimmons
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM
There are alot of things I see happening......Caroline Wozniacki as the WTA #1....I do not see

AcesHigh
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Well, there was 1 winner on her racket at the 2000 US Open semifinal ... Up 5-3, 30-15 on Venus serve, she had an overhead, smash to put the point away. Would have given her 2 match points. Her smash was one of the softest I've ever seen. It landed like mid court. :lol: But I guess since the sun had gone down, this wouldn't count as "all day" :)

OMG... like.. you're soooo funny :help:

2Black
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:58 PM
OMG... like.. you're soooo funny :help:

Nah, you just can't dispute it :lol:

goldenlox
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:03 PM
If this is true, it gets Caro closer

jonstennistweet (http://twitter.com/jonstennistweet)

Serena, del potro and sharapova all out of key biscayne...

homogenius
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Both Serena and Safina are injured.It sure helps.

goldenlox
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM
IW and Miami are a lot of points and Caro can beat anyone in these draws. And she made the Madrid final so she's okay on clay.
She will be tightening this race the next few months

slamchamp
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Serena out too???:tape:

goldenlox
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Serena missed that easy money in NYC about a month ago. So this knee has been a while. And clay wont help her any, with long points.

spencercarlos
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah, the description of that overhead is just right. Venus basically had that backhand winner handed by Martina IMO....

Hingis was too much of a pusher during that time, and especially against a top notch Venus, that was not going to get the job done.

Still you can watch 1997 circa Usopen final and watch Hingis toy around with Venus ALL DAY long :lol:

AcesHigh
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Nah, you just can't dispute it :lol:

:p I can watch that match ALLLL day. It's actually my second fave match of all time being a Venus fan.

However, I said PEAK Hingis. She was fairly defensive in that match although she did smack some amazing winners against Vee. Venus was just too good that day. :worship:

Pops Maellard
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:01 PM
If this is true, it gets Caro closer

jonstennistweet (http://twitter.com/jonstennistweet)

Serena, del potro and sharapova all out of key biscayne...
:scared: I'm not hating, but it's too soon. She doesn't have the results yet.

kman
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:10 PM
WOZ, WOZ, WOZNIACKI! :lol:

Lucemferre
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Serena missed that easy money in NYC about a month ago. So this knee has been a while. And clay wont help her any, with long points.

Shows how much you know about tennis.

Tennisstar86
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Shows how much you know about tennis.

very true...clay has less wear on the body.... it is however more frustrating to play on and you need more endurance, but it wont effect her knee as bad....

goldenlox
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I hope it doesnt affect her knee, but its more stop and start and turn, sprint and stop, turn, because the points are longer.

tea
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:37 PM
its Caro's party and no one was invited!! Hotniacki will be the longest SEWTA #1 in history! :devil::devil:
THIS.:bigclap:

Pops Maellard
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:47 PM
So just to spite her haters you're happy for her to become #1 without worthy results and receive the same backlash (worse probably) as JJ and Safina did? :cuckoo:

Noctis
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:51 PM
kd7ox62s8ZI

Pops Maellard
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Who the hell made that video, it's brilliant. :worship:

Jorn
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Caro won't be Slamless if she reach No. one... or it won't be before Serena retires...

Gdsimmons
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Dear God,

Caroline Wozniacki cannot become #1. The universe isn't ready for that type of chaos

That is all

harloo
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:haha::haha:Somebody please stop her!!

Noctis
Mar 20th, 2010, 03:15 AM
She's one step ever closer :o

janksta
Mar 20th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I blame you Vania King and Jie Zheng. And now I'm hating on Radwanska

Roookie
Mar 20th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Number two :drive:

poulao
Mar 20th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Congratulation Caro, best match so far. :bounce::bounce::bounce: Now the tittle.:devil::devil::devil:

kman
Mar 20th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:haha::haha:Somebody please stop her!!

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3833/noooo9us7on6wr.jpg

Gdsimmons
Mar 20th, 2010, 04:46 AM
#2 is where this travesty ends

AnomyBC
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:10 AM
So just to spite her haters you're happy for her to become #1 without worthy results and receive the same backlash (worse probably) as JJ and Safina did? :cuckoo:

If Caro wins this tournament (and she will!) she'll have a title at the same level as anything Jelena or Dinara has and a grand slam result at the same level as anything Jelena or Dinara has, and she'll have achieved it at a younger age. She also continues to maintain the best career win/loss ratio of any player born after 1987, she won more matches than any other player last year and she now has winning H2Hs against her two biggest rivals for the best player of her generation (Azarenka if you count Fed Cup and now Radwanska as well). So it sounds like she's getting some pretty worthy results to me :worship:

Of course, that being said, spiting her haters is as good a reason to cheer for her as any :)

Amalgamate
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:45 AM
How many times has the WORLD NUMBER 2 made it past a grand slam 4R? Oh yea... And why do people want her as number 1?

Gdsimmons
Mar 20th, 2010, 05:48 AM
How many times has the WORLD NUMBER 2 made it past a grand slam 4R? Oh yea... And why do people want her as number 1?

Your answer is as good as mine. I;m trying to figure it out myself

Inger67
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:03 AM
If Caro wins this tournament (and she will!) she'll have a title at the same level as anything Jelena or Dinara has and a grand slam result at the same level as anything Jelena or Dinara has, and she'll have achieved it at a younger age. She also continues to maintain the best career win/loss ratio of any player born after 1987, she won more matches than any other player last year and she now has winning H2Hs against her two biggest rivals for the best player of her generation (Azarenka if you count Fed Cup and now Radwanska as well). So it sounds like she's getting some pretty worthy results to me :worship:

Of course, that being said, spiting her haters is as good a reason to cheer for her as any :)

This.

slamchamp
Mar 20th, 2010, 03:21 PM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3833/noooo9us7on6wr.jpg

:haha:

AcesHigh
Mar 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM

winning records against Radwanska and Azarenka.. oh my, such powerhouses :rolleyes:

Safina>>>>Wozniacki
Jankovic>>>>Wozniacki

Noctis
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:45 PM
JJ Stopped her once again :cool:

Gdsimmons
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:46 PM
JJ Stopped her once again :cool:

Thank god

allrounder
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:52 PM

You should never jinx your favourites like that :lol:

Cookie Power
Mar 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM
winning records against Radwanska and Azarenka.. oh my, such powerhouses :rolleyes:

:lol::lol: You know Pushzilla's fans are getting desperate when they come out with garbage like that.

They're attempts to defend her total lack of diversity and talent is almost as embarrassing as Wozniacki's attempts at playing Tennis.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
First we had #1s who have never won a Grand Slam title
Now we have #2 who has never won even a Tier I title.
I guess the next step will be someone without even a MM title reaching #3. Maybe Kournikova should consider a comeback afterall?

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:01 PM
Can Caro reach #1 after Miami?

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM
Can Caro reach #1 after Miami?

Only over Serena's dead body. Literally.

Olórin
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:18 PM
My god this jinx thread nearly worked :mad:
Thank god for Jelena. I don't get why Wozniacki fans are so defensive in threads like these. She would be an abysmal number one. Fact.

Gdsimmons
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:22 PM
My god this jinx thread nearly worked :mad:
Thank god for Jelena. I don't get why Wozniacki fans are so defensive in threads like these. She would be an abysmal number one. Fact.

THIS

AnomyBC
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:32 AM
First we had #1s who have never won a Grand Slam title
Now we have #2 who has never won even a Tier I title.
I guess the next step will be someone without even a MM title reaching #3. Maybe Kournikova should consider a comeback afterall?

We don't need Anna for that. That's gonna be my girl Domi someday :inlove:

AnomyBC
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:34 AM
:lol::lol: You know Pushzilla's fans are getting desperate when they come out with garbage like that.

They're attempts to defend her total lack of diversity and talent is almost as embarrassing as Wozniacki's attempts at playing Tennis.

The point of comparing her to Vika and Aga is to show that she's statistically the best player of her generation, which she is :worship:

duhcity
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:45 AM
The point of comparing her to Vika and Aga is to show that she's statistically the best player of her generation, which she is :worship:

Her glaringly abysmal stats against top players is...

ivanban
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:00 AM

That generation isn't quite good then :tape:

goldenlox
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:33 AM
Wozniacki did not start this year well.
This tournament was a forward move for her.
The next few months have Tier I's and 3 majors.
If she stays healthy and in this form, she wont be falling from #2.
She is fit and consistent. And now in form.

I think you will see other girls starting to box as a training method. Because she is super fit.