4 in first
1 in second
3 in third

:tape:

Nadia :smash:

why did daddy tell her at 5-0? :o

iGOAT
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:22 PM
She hit 9 winners. Or Tennis Channel commentators were wrong, but they said 8 and then I saw her hit another one :p.

But yes, that match was a hot mess :tape: congrats Caro though :clap2:.

kaktusino
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:22 PM
8 winners def. 57 unforced errors

Hayato
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Oh my god some of you people are hard to please!! I'd like to see some of you do any better! She just bagelled Nadia Petrova.
You think to win matches everyone MUST do the same thing? How boring!

Who cares how many winners Wozniacki hits in her matches! She wins almost all the time anyway, she hits great groundstrokes, seriously, get over it.

fouc
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
She hit 9 winners. Or Tennis Channel commentators were wrong, but they said 8 and then I saw her hit another one :p.

But yes, that match was a hot mess :tape: congrats Caro though :clap2:.

defo 8. 4-1-3

Marty-Dom
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
He said, "you are up, now play to win, not to hang around."
It's about instilling more of a killer instinct in his daughter. I think this is the right coaching strategy. We all have seen players let up when they were up and subsequently lose. Things like that linger in player's psyche.

Cosantoir
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I've never seen anyone give a 5-0 lead away to Petrova. That's impossible to do.

Marty-Dom
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM

Marty-Dom
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I've never seen anyone give a 5-0 lead away to Petrova. That's impossible to do.

Sure, but this was a perfect situation for this type of coaching. She will win regardless, might as well ask something off her and not risk losing.

Bobisa
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:05 AM
8 winners :o Nadia :hug: :(

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:19 AM
I was watching Caro's last 2 matches very closely.
Caro hits with pace. She keeps the ball inside the lines, so her opponents can get to it.
That works because it forces errors and short balls.
She plays a smart game and she is going to be the 2 seed at the FO and Wimbly.

LightWarrior
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Wozniacki #2 in the rankings soon...She's a lovely girl but come on !

davidmario
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:11 AM
she can get creamed in wimbledon by players like razzano because grass wont fit her style of play.

davidmario
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:13 AM
however i see her going far at rg

LightWarrior
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Caro hits with pace. She keeps the ball inside the lines, so her opponents can get to it.

That works because players these days are just ball bashers with no brain. Monica Seles in her prime would have killed Wozniacki in the early '90s. Something like 61 61. Every time.

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Monica was one of the best players ever.
Caro plays a smart game. And her opponents know they have to win long rallies or go for winners.
Very few players can hit enough winners to beat her, when she is playing like this.

@danieln1
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:42 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Usually I hate those Caro winners jokes, but this one was the most funny ever!!!!

And I love to see those stupid haters eating their hearts out because CARO can still win with few winners... you should count the forced errors she did with petrova

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Sadly the best part of the match for me was when Nadia took off her dress on court in front of her coach and he got distracted. :lol:

WowWow
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Nadia, seriously, girl! :o

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Usually I hate those Caro winners jokes, but this one was the most funny ever!!!!

And I love to see those stupid haters eating their hearts out because CARO can still win with few winners... you should count the forced errors she did with petrova

Forced what?
57 out of 80 points Wozniacki won were Petrova's UEs.

Brooks.
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Good Job Caro! :)

Love her. Haters gon' hate.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:04 AM
That works because players these days are just ball bashers with no brain. Monica Seles in her prime would have killed Wozniacki in the early '90s. Something like 61 61. Every time.

you're hating because caro plays smartly KNOWING that the majority of players are BBB :scratch:

Serenita
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:29 AM
haters step back! welldone now win the whole thing.

iGOAT
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Forced what?
57 out of 80 points Wozniacki won were Petrova's UEs.
Just because someone misses in the middle of a rally doesn't make it unforced, yet that is how it is counted in stats. Many serve return misses are unforced, yet they are counted as forced. It's BS.

Ryan
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:44 AM
:hearts: Caro. Bagel!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:58 AM
The match was in Nadia´s racquet all the time
A real shame she lost

*Jean*
Mar 17th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Nadia :sad: :sad:

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 17th, 2010, 06:18 AM
With Caro', pretty soon, were going to have to start counting some of the other players errors as winners for Caro. :shrug:

Elwin.
Mar 17th, 2010, 06:29 AM
8 Winners :hysteric:

Nadia :o Really thought you would win this match.

Nikkiri
Mar 17th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Oh Nadia. I feel sorry for her fans. Painful.

Alizé Molik
Mar 17th, 2010, 07:57 AM
pathetic from petrova just completely gave up in the third...for no reason at all

thegreendestiny
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Sewta

madmax
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Oh Nadia, just when I though you were going to roll over that girl, you pulled off this crap again:bigcry: Is Pushniacki the luckiest player like ever? Some players are just missing their shots against her for no apparent reason...

donniedarkofan
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:25 AM
4 in first
1 in second
3 in third

:tape:

Nadia :smash:

why did daddy tell her at 5-0? :o

Her dad is a major looser. He doesn't have a clue about tennis. She's annoyed by his comments and yet he's rambling on and on and on. He isn't giving her any tennis tips, he's just a cheerleader, not a tennis coach.

Beat
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:49 AM
it's so funny to see the woz piss people off so constantly. seems she's not gonna leave the top 10 that soon.

Navratil
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Why doesn't Caroline retire instead of Nicole? Nobody would miss her! She plays the most boring tennis ever!
How could such a gifted player like Nadia lose to her? :-(

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Who cares how many winners she hit :lol: A win is a win :worship: Judging from the score, Nadia didn't care much in the 3rd set :o
Good luck Caro in the QF whoever there is to face next :D

markhingis
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:00 AM
You can win matches forcing your opponent to make errors or she/he produces them as well to earn you points. You don't have to hit winners from each and every corner. Same thing was with Martina Hingis - she didn't go for a winner, she just outplayed her rivals in her prime time.

madlove
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:04 AM
yawns

C. W. Fields
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Is Pushniacki the luckiest player like ever? Some players are just missing their shots against her for no apparent reason...

It's amazing to me how blind the Caro bashers can be. Even though her opponents miss tons of shots against her time and time again they just go on assuming it's luck/bad play. But I guess they don't have the necessary knowledge to recognise things such as spin and change of pace on Caro's shots which contribute to her opponents mistakes. In their eyes the only good shot is a power shot which the opponent can't touch. :shrug:

Seven2008
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Carolina is a smart player. Shen knows how to let the opponent become crazy and hit more and more UEs.

Seven2008
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:16 AM
You can win matches forcing your opponent to make errors or she/he produces them as well to earn you points. You doesn't have to hit winners from each and every corner. Same thing was with Martina Hingis - she didn't go for a winner, she just outplayed her rivals in her prime time.

I absolutely agree with you!

Beny
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM

Im pretty sure Lena did it (or 5-1) in the horrendous Wibledon QF? (or round16)

Noctis
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM
It was either she outplayed or error from Nadia.
She was never in control

kman
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Just because someone misses in the middle of a rally doesn't make it unforced, yet that is how it is counted in stats. Many serve return misses are unforced, yet they are counted as forced. It's BS.

It is indeed.

It's no coincidence that practically every time someone plays Caro they end up with a large stack of UEs.

Of course the haters are trying to spin it so that Caro only wins because her opponent has a bad day with lots of errors. EVERY time.

Personally, I love when Caroline bagels her opponent with the use of only 3 winners. She's like a sniper, using few bullets but making her shots count :cool:

GreenGrass
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:50 AM
winning matches >>> hitting winners :wavey:

Bronx19
Mar 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Nadia played an average first set, four great games in the second, and then an absolute shambles in the third. She simply couldnt hit the ball over the net.

Looking at the score I thought it was an impressive win over an inform Petrova, but watching the replay, I dont think it was very good. If Petrova played her A game, Woz was gone, she has no answer.

V.Melb
Mar 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Caroline doesn't actually hit that soft, I think she gets good pace on the ball, the only thing is, she doesn't go for the lines... she rallies with her opponent until they hit an error or she gets a very short ball to attack. She is smart, she doesn't go for anything too big... but she is talented and skilled, otherwise she wouldn't be where she is... she doesn't take risks...
I have seen her against consistent players, that dont have the same talent, she CAN hit winners and although she rallies with them, when she gets the short ball she can smack it.... she is talented and can hit hard, but she chooses to defend most of the time and quite frankly, it works for her.

VishaalMaria
Mar 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Well I think it's hard to hit more than 8 winners when your opponent is hitting a gazillion errors.

All Caroline had to do was to stay steady and she was. All that counts is the "W".

Well done Caroline. :) Tough luck Petrova, you need to reign in your game.

VishaalMaria
Mar 17th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Nadia played an average first set, four great games in the second, and then an absolute shambles in the third. She simply couldnt hit the ball over the net.

Looking at the score I thought it was an impressive win over an inform Petrova, but watching the replay, I dont think it was very good. If Petrova played her A game, Woz was gone, she has no answer.

But then you're discounting Carolines A game. She can manouver the ball well and REALLY make it difficult for her opponents. She can play much better than she did in this match, but incidentally she didn't have to play her A game because Petrova wasn't playing hers.

thrust
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM
She plays a smart game and she is going to be the 2 seed at the FO and Wimbly.

Well put and accurate. I have been very impressed from what I have seen of her this week. I think that she blew her chance to beat Kim in the USO final when she tried to get more aggressive in the second set. Had she continued her usual style, I think she could have worn Kim down by making the points longer.

Safe-From-Harm
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hahhahah

Yonexforever
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
WTF happened here????
I watched Nadia claw her way to a second set win, changed the channel and came back and they were shaking hands 6-0!!!
WTH???????

fouc
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM
as a thread starter, i need to defend myself. Those 8 winners are surely an indication of how many UE Nadia made, and how little effort you need to bring to bagelwin her. And tennis is not (only) about winners of course. I'm personally a big fan of Aga, who isn't exactly a shotmaker. But when it comes to Caro, she doesn't bring anything interesting to back-up her ultra-defensive game. It is very effective. But my question is - what's there to watch? :shrug:

Juanes
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:14 PM
8 winners..... during 3 sets.... honestly, i would hit more... :p

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM
The Wozniacki bashing on this board, is just ignorance.
Caro is strong and hits with decent pace. She controls plenty of points.
But she plays a smart game. You have to have a lot of long rallies or hit good winners to beat her.

Now that she is back in form, she is going to be a factor all year.
Smart and mentally tough. Nadia never had a chance

rucolo
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Nadia :sad::hug:

Amazing winners and ugly errors.
Not surprised.

Nadia played great in set 2 until 4-0.:hearts:

Congrats, Caroline!:D:yeah:

Good luck in QF! You will need it!
Caroline has lost both matches to Zheng, never won a set.:scared:
Li already beat Caro twice this year.
Caro has huge problems with Chinese players.:help:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 17th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Don't laught at Wozniacki for only hitting 8 winners, laugh at Petrova. Even Li Na beats Wozniacki when she hits hardly any winner!

serenafan08
Mar 17th, 2010, 04:18 PM
winning matches >>> hitting winners :wavey:

This. The scoreboard is all that matters at the end of it.

nicidle
Mar 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
WTA website managed to capture in the match highlight at least half of the winners that caro hit . hard work.

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I watched the match and Caro was controling most of the play.
I dont count winners when I watch a match, but I see the pace and placement.
Caro was always in control. Even when Nadia won the 2nd set, she was just holding on at the end. That 2nd set was very close to being wide open. Then Caro totally took control when the 3rd set started. Nadia was never in that set.

Monzanator
Mar 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM
As long as she wins this kind of matches, the number of winners is irrelevant :shrug: And the bagel in the decider :lol:

goldenlox
Mar 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I was not following this pushniacki talk when it started. But its total bullshit. She is much more aggressive than most baseliners.
She gives herself a margin for error, staying inside the lines, instead hitting of balls in the doubles alley, which is what most players do.

markhingis
Mar 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
as a thread starter, i need to defend myself. Those 8 winners are surely an indication of how many UE Nadia made, and how little effort you need to bring to bagelwin her. And tennis is not (only) about winners of course. I'm personally a big fan of Aga, who isn't exactly a shotmaker. But when it comes to Caro, she doesn't bring anything interesting to back-up her ultra-defensive game. It is very effective. But my question is - what's there to watch? :shrug:

Actually, it's entertaining to watch good defence and transmission from defence to attack.
Defensive skills matters to me, that shows good anticipation and good physical condition.

Joe.
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM
come on caro, u have to save this tournament from becoming even more of a joke :o

Dodoboy.
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I'm a big fan, and i normally attack the haters here.
But 8 winners in 3 sets, is pretty :unsure:

She won so that's all that matters, i'm happy don't get me wrong - but 8 winners? Such a low low number!

Doesn't really tell us she was being passive, but it's Petrova, she's no wall.

Slutiana
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Actually, it's entertaining to watch good defence and transmission from defence to attack.
Defensive skills matters to me, that shows good anticipation and good physical condition.
It sure is. But we get none of the latter part of that sentence from Wozniacki.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm a big fan, and i normally attack the haters here.
But 8 winners in 3 sets, is pretty :unsure:

Shocking, isn't it? I mean, it's Wozniacki -- who could've expected such a trick from her?

delicatecutter
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I think I predicted 9 in the Winners Watch thread. I gave her too much credit. :o