PDA

View Full Version : IW R4 : [2] Caroline Wozniacki sends [16] Nadia Petrova to the bakery 63 36 60

youizahoe
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Petrova *facepalm

Josh.
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:19 PM
That was a joke of a match.

kman
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM
easy

youizahoe
IKR bageled by someone who hit 2 winners? :haha:

Vee Williams
There was zero entertainment in this match. Nadia is such a headcase :help:

homogenius
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Disgusting...on all accounts

Ellery
Caro :worship:

Rafito.
:worship::bounce::clap2::woohoo: Well done Caro! Take the title.

allrounder
Nadia :help: how she even managed to win a set playing like that i'l never know

Marionated
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Nadia should be fined for such a pathetic performance.

roelc
happy to see nadia with a bagel!

Wiggly
Eurosport 2 commentators were trash talking over Wozniacki.

They said things like her whole game is to run fast as she can and let her opponents self-destruct. And she never controls a match.

Which is true.

I have to admire her mental strenght as it must be hard to know that it's never up to you.

Noctis
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Wozniacki hitted 8 winners
Nadia hit 3 times the amount but 57 errors :haha:

Vee Williams
Ladies and gentleman, your soon to be No. 2 in the rankings :help:

youizahoe
Well let them diss her, at least she has the results. If I could get results like that with a passive game, I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Smoothstuff
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:24 PM
:o That was beyond embarassing Nadia
Caroline hit 8 winners :bowdown:

youizahoe
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Apparentely wozniacki hit a huge amount of 2 winners to bagel petrova :rolls:

Hugh.
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Good stuff. Nicely done, Caro.

Sassy-Na
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:30 PM
close, but no golden flower cig... nadiagonggong :sad:

Hayato
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Well let them diss her, at least she has the results. If I could get results like that with a passive game, I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

I second that. People here sit on their bums posting on a tennis forum, critisizing how many winners she hits and for some reason think they're absolutely hilarious. She's the one who's nearly up to world #3 in the world, hitting hundreds of excellent tennis strokes per match, so what if the other player gets a racquet on them or not, she wins convincingly at the highest level.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Eurosport 2 commentators were trash talking over Wozniacki.

They said things like her whole game is to run fast as she can and let her opponents self-destruct. And she never controls a match.

Which is true.

I have to admire her mental strenght as it must be hard to know that it's never up to you.

They said that about this match. They were full of praise for her in her last match.

terjw
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:32 PM
happy to see nadia with a bagel!

And even happier for Caro to win and dish out another bagel. :worship:
WD bagel queen Caro. Love to see her get to the final.

Jorn
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Can she win 6-0 i na set who cares about the winners!? :)

BlackPanther.
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:33 PM
8 winners :haha:
Nadia, good try to push out Pushniacki :wavey:

homogenius
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I second that. People here sit on their bums posting on a tennis forum, critisizing how many winners she hits and for some reason think they're absolutely hilarious. She's the one who's nearly up to world #3 in the world, hitting hundreds of excellent tennis strokes per match, so what if the other player gets a racquet on them or not, she wins convincingly at the highest level.

Not talking about her results (she indeed wins a lot) : Her game is a nuisance and 9/10 of her matches are painfull to watch (and a really bad ad for women tennis).

The way she somehow manages to bring her opponents to play their worst tennis...(Nadia :help:)

Brena
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Oh, Nadia, Nadia, why are you Nadia... :sigh:

DragonFlame
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:37 PM
lol.

Cosantoir
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:38 PM

The highest level is Grand Slam play and there Wozniacki has only passed the Quarterfinal stage once.

Regardless Wozniacki's goal, and she has said so herself, is to be World Number 1 and to win Grand Slam events. Her game in its current state is unable to yield such results, yet she continues to play that way. Its not the standard or the approach to achieving what she wants to achieve.

young_gunner913
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:38 PM
ffs nadia. :lol:

Sassy-Na
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Can she win 6-0 i na set who cares about the winners!? :)

leave na alone :o

0-2 against na in this year. :ras:

kman
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Like I've always said...

Bagels > winners

And Caroline is a bagel and breadstick machine (see bagel/breadstick index thread).

She bageled Kirilenko too last match.

:worship:

Ellery
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:47 PM
leave na alone :o

0-2 against na in this year. :ras:

it's a typo, he meant in a set, and wrote i na set instead. FLOWER-GOAT :weirdo:

KamilZ
Wow...8 winners :lol: i didn't expect that she can hits so much winners :lol:

Nadia :help: UE->UE->UE->UE->winner->UE->UE->UE->UE :help:

Sassy-Na
it's a typo, he meant in a set, and wrote i na set instead. FLOWER-GOAT :weirdo:

oops :spit:

terjw
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM

Exactly. Not everyone can be a power player and hit outright winners all the time. We never hear about the many points she wins which are not an outright winner her oppenent cant't get a racket to or an UE by her opponent.

Slutati
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:49 PM
That's not true though. :lol:

Hayato
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:51 PM
The highest level is Grand Slam play and there Wozniacki has only passed the Quarterfinal stage once.

Regardless Wozniacki's goal, and she has said so herself, is to be World Number 1 and to win Grand Slam events. Her game in its current state is unable to yield such results, yet she continues to play that way. Its not the standard or the approach to achieving what she wants to achieve.

Yes, the highest level where she has already made a Grand Slam final at age 19 (and cruised to the final by the way). How old are you? She is nearly world #2 for your information. Not so far off achieving her goal. You wouldn't think that would be true from all the mindless crap you read about her game on this forum. LOL, and I remember some of the "experts" here didn't think she'd crack the top 10 last year. So you expect her to have won Grand Slams by now? Not everyone does it the same way like Maria Sharapova or Martina Hingis. You just might have to be patient.

I would rather watch a Wozniacki match than a Azarenka, Safina or Kuznetsova match. I see those players play and they don't have the brains, mentality or natural skill with the ball that I see with Caroline.

hdfb
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM
8 winners in a match with a bagel. :help: How can she be #2. Venus you should be stepping up to this!!

Hayato
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:53 PM

Yes it is. The difference is that you probably define an excellent stroke as only when the opponent doesn't get a racquet on it. I define it as an irretrievable stroke.

Jorn
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM
No I did not talk about Na Li, but I get database Errors all the time in here :o

Blu€
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Caro :hearts: I only watched the first set and half of the second, they were both playing crappy but Petrova just couldn't hit 2 balls in the court or over the net.
Caro keep going :angel:

Uranium
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Backery?:o

Nadia:smash:

Uranium
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:00 AM

:lol:

Cosantoir
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Yes, the highest level where she has already made a Grand Slam final at age 19 (and cruised to the final by the way). How old are you? She is nearly world #2 for your information. Not so far off achieving her goal. You wouldn't think that would be true from all the mindless crap you read about her game on this forum. LOL, and I remember some of the "experts" here didn't think she'd crack the top 10 last year. So you expect her to have won Grand Slams by now? Not everyone does it the same way like Maria Sharapova or Martina Hingis. You just might have to be patient.

I would rather watch a Wozniacki match than a Azarenka, Safina or Kuznetsova match. I see those players play and they don't have the brains, mentality or natural skill with the ball that I see with Caroline.

What skill with the ball does Wozniacki have over Azarenka, Safina, or Kuznetsova? If you watch any of those group of three matches on clay last year you can find more variety than Wozniacki has ever done in her life. I might agree with you on mentality, but the way Wozniacki plays is just as brainless as Mirza for example.

égalité
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:06 AM
caro :hearts:

Hayato
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:08 AM
What skill with the ball does Wozniacki have over Azarenka, Safina, or Kuznetsova? If you watch any of those group of three matches on clay last year you can find more variety than Wozniacki has ever done in her life. I might agree with you on mentality, but the way Wozniacki plays is just as brainless as Mirza for example.

Those players are quite erratic. Maybe it's because i've seen some terrible matches from all three of those players lately, but when they're off, they can be really off. Caroline doesn't miss nearly as much. It's hard to imagine her hitting 49 unforced errors in a match as Kuznetsova did just the other day. Sure, they might have more power behind their shots than her, but she is consistently good all the time. Well, I guess it's just a matter of not being able to please everyone.

~{X}~
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Go Caro!!!! My only hope left in this backwards tourny! :D Get through the next match please!!!! :D

Cosantoir
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Wozniacki consistently good all the time? This is her first QF at any event and its the middle of March.

Shuji Shuriken
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I hope Nadia goes to the bakery when she leaves the backery :hearts:.

Hayato
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Wozniacki consistently good all the time? This is her first QF at any event and its the middle of March.

Well, she's only lost 3 matches this year. This is only her 4th tournament. Again...so hard to please.

kman
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:20 AM

She's been a slow starter each year. But this year she actually made it further at the Australian Open than any other year and now with a good result at IW, this is perhaps the best start to a season she's had. And that's saying a lot considering her last two seasons have been excellent in their own right.

Njalle
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:23 AM
People who say that Wozniacki is bad for tennis tend to forget one thing: Tennis is about winning.

slamchamp
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Pushniacki:lol: Honestly, I like the girl but number 2??:tape:

Chakvenus
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:01 AM
DISGUSTING, PETROVA.
utterly disgusting.
Patty should have beaten you and then (hopefully...) trounced that good-for-nothing blonde.