PDA

View Full Version : Miami.

Ferg
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Not a disgraceful loss to Radwanksa by any means, I was shocked at her fight and her form but she never had a chance after missing a GPs for 4-4 in the first and a BP for 3-1 in the second.

With a nice draw in Miami, and the way she is playing, I think that she can get a good result!

Iceland
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:58 PM
You're right, this isn't actually a match to be disappointed about. Aga clearly was the better player. With some match practice, Marion could really do something in a draw. Im just afraid she hasn't enough confidence or references to do it. She wasted some opportunities with silly miss, which is something quite typical at the beginning of a season for example.
By the look of those first three tournaments, it seems that she won't lose to a player with a lower rank than hers but won't beat someone with a higher. Or she could desperately need to defeat an in-form player. It could give her the confidence she is currently lacking.

She really made a bad decision with this schedule. Her ranking is low and now are coming a very difficult tournament with Williams playing, Charleston with SF points to defend ... and the clay court season. :o

Ferg
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM
You're right, this isn't actually a match to be disappointed about. Aga clearly was the better player. With some match practice, Marion could really do something in a draw. Im just afraid she hasn't enough confidence or references to do it. She wasted some opportunities with silly miss, which is something quite typical at the beginning of a season for example.
By the look of those first three tournaments, it seems that she won't lose to a player with a lower rank than hers but won't beat someone with a higher. Or she could desperately need to defeat an in-form player. It could give her the confidence she is currently lacking.

She really made a bad decision with this schedule. Her ranking is low and now are coming a very difficult tournament with Williams playing, Charleston with SF points to defend ... and the clay court season. :o

Clay season is scaring me. I hope she just drops any clay MMs, and play the 4 main tournaments before the FO. (Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid) and then plays a lot of summer tournaments, since I dont think she'll be as tired this year with a reduced schedule. And we all know that the grass/ US hardcourt is her best place to pick up points.

Iceland
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Indeed, now we should expect her to rise again after the clay court season. She'd have either to have lucky draws or to learn how to play on clay. :o She really missed a big chance to enter top 10. Wish she didn't choke that match against Li...
Oh well, there's Miami. Hope she keeps her head positive.

bruce goose
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah,this was no surprise....Last year's win over Vera Z. notwithstanding,Marion usually goes ALL IN whenever she becomes someone's punching bag.As others have posted,though,I'm glad that she didn't roll over as with earlier losses:)....Time to shock the world,and France,by winning RG this clay season:p

Marionated
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Clay season is scaring me. I hope she just drops any clay MMs, and play the 4 main tournaments before the FO. (Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid) and then plays a lot of summer tournaments, since I dont think she'll be as tired this year with a reduced schedule. And we all know that the grass/ US hardcourt is her best place to pick up points.

I wanted her to do the opposite. She is not good enough on clay to go far in the top clay events as shown by her results in Rome and Madrid last year (imo indoor clay in Stuttgart and fast green clay in Charleston do not equal proper preparation for the slow courts at Roland Garrors) but she did well in 2007 playing the smaller proper clay events in Prague and Strasbourg.

Lighter
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Aga defeated Lena with exactly the same stats. Marion said she isn't disappointed because Aga played so well and surface was too slow.

Miami surface will suit her more than IW.

Marionated
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Aga defeated Lena with exactly the same stats. Marion said she isn't disappointed because Aga played so well and surface was too slow.

Miami surface will suit her more than IW.

You would think so but she's lost in R2 for the past three years. We'll just have to wait till the draw is released before we make any predictions.

Lighter
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:46 PM
You would think so but she's lost in R2 for the past three years. We'll just have to wait till the draw is released before we make any predictions.Last year, she was ill. And she loves Miami : 1/4 in 2003 and orange bowl u16 win in 2000.

Ferg
Mar 21st, 2010, 10:50 PM
Isnt Miami slower and heavier though?

Lighter
Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Draw out : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2010/902/MDS.pdf

R2 : Hradecka or Rybarikova
R3 : Alona Bondarenko
R4 : Svetlana Kutznetsova or Alicia Molik

bruce goose
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Marion is 0-2 vs. Kuzy...with their last meeting being in the 2006 Bali final.Typically,Sveta doesn't lose to lower-seeded players unless it's an early round.Once she gets some momentum in a tourney,it usually takes a top player to stop her.Marion SHOULD be able to advance to the Round of 16 with this draw.We'll see how she responds if she makes it that far....I'll be waiting with curious anticipation

Ferg
Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Fabulous draw. Sveta, though a legend, is so unpredictable I dont think she'll even make the 4th round. Bondarenko is my biggest worry. Out of Sveta, Wozniacki, Venus, and Vika, Sveta is the best we could have gotten.

Other side of the draw, as good as we could have hoped. Ill set my expectations for R3 because I dont want to be disappointed if she screws up. Na is not threat unless shes playing well. Marion shouldnt have lost that match in Dubai.

Iceland
Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:14 PM
Really a good draw. Marion has been blessed since the beginning of the year. She should really try to make some use of it.
I indeed fear Alona but somehow she could lose to Dulko first.
Well, as you said Ferg, let's take things one after the other. Last year she did lose to Yakimova :x.

Ferg
Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Exactly, I think if we look forward to her reaching the R4 or QFs, and she goes out before, it'll be so bad, especially since she has a history of screwing up great draws.

Chakvenus
Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:03 AM
good draw Marion!
take advantage please!
Bondarenko can be tricky, as so unfortunately displayed last year in Canada, but you should be able to attack her serve effortlessly and seal the victory.
of course, you will need to win your first match to even get there, but i am confident that you can!!!

bruce goose
Mar 23rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Marion hasn't played much this year...but she's due for a breakthrough:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Iceland
Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:29 PM
On a side note, Marion has committed to Stuttgart.

Ferg
Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Good, Stuttgart always suits her well, for a clay tournament at least.

Lighter
Mar 24th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Marion trained yesterday with Vera Zvonareva. Wait for next OoP.

Ferg
Mar 24th, 2010, 04:17 PM
She shouldve trained with Vika again, she did it at IWs and played great!

Lighter
Mar 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
She probably will. Sam Sumyk, current Vika and former Vera's coach is a friend of Marion's dad.

Ferg
Mar 24th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Second on Court 3 tomorrow.

Alizé Molik
Mar 25th, 2010, 12:59 AM
it's time for marion to snatch the cat back.

Iceland
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:20 PM
62 64 coming back from 14 down (yes, showing some mental strength again ! :D).
Some decent serving stats so we can all be happy, even though Rybarikova has been totally useless this year.
Allez Marion, don't stop!

Marionated
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hopefully Dulko beats Bondarenko.

Ferg
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Great stuff! :yeah: ^^ Yeah, Id b a bit worried for Marion to face Alona.

Drine
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Good job Marion !!! ;)

bruce goose
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:47 PM
62 64 coming back from 14 down (yes, showing some mental strength again ! :D).
Some decent serving stats so we can all be happy, even though Rybarikova has been totally useless this year.
Allez Marion, don't stop!She's given us a few negative surprises this season,so I'll be happy with any deep advance here and,honestly,she should be able to handle EITHER potential opponent if :hearts:Marion:hearts: plays to her potential

Chakvenus
Mar 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM
She's given us a few negative surprises this season,so I'll be happy with any deep advance here and,honestly,she should be able to handle EITHER potential opponent if :hearts:Marion:hearts: plays to her potential

so true!

Ferg
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Results going in Marions favour at the moment. Dulko and Bacsinszky sets up against Bondarenko and Li. Hopefully they can finish them off and then Peng can beat Sveta! :devil:

Lighter
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Gisela won 7-5 6-2.

H2H Marion-Gisela : 3-0

Iceland
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Great :D Pretty clear H2H. Yet a win isn't 100% guaranteed, Gisela is on some kind of form.
I don't want to get my hopes up but as Ferg said, everything goes in Marion's way! Allez Marion, time to give a new impetus to your season!

Ferg
Mar 25th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Na, Bondarenko and Rezai all seeded player losing in Marions quarter, with Sveta really struggling. Hopefully Marion plays and beats her (i want another top 10 win for Marion!) and someone takes out Wickmayer on the other side.

If Marion makes the quarters she looks set to overtake Sharapova, Pennetta and Na in the rakings. The #10-17 spots are really close.

Lighter
Mar 27th, 2010, 06:48 AM
OoP today Court 1 (from 10.00hrs)
1. Andrea Petkovic vs. Yaroslava Shvedova
2. ATP: Falla vs. Melzer
3. Polona Hercog vs. Timea Bacsinszky
4. Gisela Dulko vs. Marion Bartoli
5. Mattek-Sands/Yan vs. Kirilenko/Radwanska

Ferg
Mar 27th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Hopefully it doesnt rain again.

Ferg
Mar 27th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Theres the win, 7-6(2), 6-4. SHould have been so, so much easier, especially in the 2nd when she had points for 4-1 and 4-2, but did hold at 5-4* and 6-5* in the first so sh shoed mental strength. Broke to loveto finish it.

A win is a win, but this was too close for my liking. Sveta next, who beat Agi 6-2 6-3.

Lighter
Mar 27th, 2010, 09:51 PM
A win is a win. Remenber Stanford. Closed sets vs Oudin and a win at the end.

Don'forget that Gisela defeated Justine in IW.

Drine
Mar 27th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Nice performance Marion :)
Next match against Svet....tough one...

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2010, 10:14 PM
A win is a win. Remenber Stanford. Closed sets vs Oudin and a win at the end.

Don'forget that Gisela defeated Justine in IW.Lighter,I was busy teaching my dentist's kids an English lesson so I couldn't watch the match.Did you see it...and does Marion have a solid shot against Kuzy...or will she only win if Svet plays like crap?They've only met twice previously and both matches were several years ago.My concern is that Kuzy usually gets tougher as the tournament advances;she's often most vulnerable in the earlier rounds....I'm just not sure what to expect

Lighter
Mar 27th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Lighter,I was busy teaching my dentist's kids an English lesson so I couldn't watch the match.Did you see it...and does Marion have a solid shot against Kuzy...or will she only win if Svet plays like crap?They've only met twice previously and both matches were several years ago.My concern is that Kuzy usually gets tougher as the tournament advances;she's often most vulnerable in the earlier rounds....I'm just not sure what to expectI didn't see the match. I watched Cilic-Robert in order not to be on my nerves.

Don't forget that Gisela defeated Justine in IW. She's confident. And Marion finished 1st set with 6 points in a row and 2nd set with 8 points.

Dunno what to think.

Six Feet Under
Mar 28th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Marion can do it :D

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I'm thinking,and HOPING,that Marion will focus more intently since she's playing the #1 seed;she certainly was strong in her Stanford 2009 win over Venus

Iceland
Mar 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Well, I guess this is Marion's best win this year!

Now it's time to beat Sveta again. She seems to have picked some form this week so it is actually a good test for her. The last time they played, Marion was absolutely dead. Im quite confident in her chances of making the upset now that she is in decent shape. A new top 10 win would be soooo cool :hearts:
Fix that serve, baba and go for it!

Ferg
Mar 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Funny thing is she was doing well with her first serve, she won high 70s in it, and at one stage she was serving at about 70% 1st serve, but then had a game in which she didnt get a single 1st serve in so that brought her % down. :tape:

Lighter
Mar 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Marion said after her win that she enjoyed to play this match. So,.....

Iceland
Mar 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM
She's confident again :D

Lighter
Mar 28th, 2010, 10:46 AM
In French : "Je me suis régalée"

Leucoptera
Mar 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Et moi je dis:

Bravo,
Go , go et go!

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Well, I guess this is Marion's best win this year!

Now it's time to beat Sveta again.
Fix that serve, baba and go for it!Beat Sveta 'again'??They've only played twice and Marion lost both of them.Of course,she CAN do it,and she shouldn't have any major confidence problems b/c the last meeting was fairly close

Ferg
Mar 28th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Beat Sveta 'again'??They've only played twice and Marion lost both of them.Of course,she CAN do it,and she shouldn't have any major confidence problems b/c the last meeting was fairly close

She beat her in the junior US Open final.

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2010, 04:42 PM
She beat her in the junior US Open final.Thanks for filling in the gaps on my ignorance of Marion's early career:lol:

I doubt that a win from seven or eight(?)years ago will do much for Marion NOW...but I suppose that it's better than nothing

Ferg
Mar 28th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks for filling in the gaps on my ignorance of Marion's early career:lol:

I doubt that a win from seven or eight(?)years ago will do much for Marion NOW...but I suppose that it's better than nothing

Not really but we can hope!

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Not really but we can hope!The wTA website doesn't list Juniors stats,but it dOES show that Marion participated in the USO MD in 2002 and 2003...and Sveta won the tourney in 2004,so I couldn't find out precisely WHEN Marion won her USO juniors.Some young players play both MD and Juniors if they are eliminated early from the MD...so maybe that's what Marion did(??)

Lighter
Mar 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
The wTA website doesn't list Juniors stats,but it dOES show that Marion participated in the USO MD in 2002 and 2003...and Sveta won the tourney in 2004,so I couldn't find out precisely WHEN Marion won her USO juniors.Some young players play both MD and Juniors if they are eliminated early from the MD...so maybe that's what Marion did(??)You have to go on ITF site for juniors results, not wta : http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/

For example US open 2001 draw here : http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/drawsheetbyround.asp?Event=1100009852&Tournament=1100001925

H2H Marion-Svet in junior : http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/headtohead.asp?player=100000135&opponent=35013668

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM
You have to go on ITF site for juniors results, not wta : http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/

For example US open 2001 draw here : http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/drawsheetbyround.asp?Event=1100009852&Tournament=1100001925

H2H Marion-Svet in junior : http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/headtohead.asp?player=100000135&opponent=35013668Thanks,I followed your link and found out it was 2001

Drine
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Marion's playing first today on the Grandstand :bounce:
Come on Marion, tough task but you can do it ;)

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Match starts in 4 hours, so excited!!!

Hopefully there's a stream!

Joee
Mar 29th, 2010, 12:10 PM
2 hours to gooo!!

Joee
Mar 29th, 2010, 12:15 PM
grrr hate time change :( 3 hours.

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I had 2 dreams about this match last night. The first one was that she was 7-6(0) up, but 4-2 down in the second. In the second dream she was 7-5 6-5 30-15 up, and then I woke up because my dog went mad at some people at the front door. :tears:

BartoliBabes
Mar 29th, 2010, 01:06 PM
so excited:inlove:

Marionated
Mar 29th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Good luck Marion! This is going to be on Eurosport.

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I wonder if Sveta will be up for it after the situation in Moscow. Probably not but you never know. Especially after Beijing when she won it after her friend died.

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM
1 hour left, i hope it is streamed on the internet!

Drine
Mar 29th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Seems like there will be a livestream :bounce:
http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
yay half an hour :cheer:

just finished my enlgish assingment too :D
1:30 here in australia :lol:

BartoliBabes
Mar 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM
my stream is still football :O

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:00 PM
is it being delayed?

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Yesterday the matches didnt start until about quarter past.

Drine
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Rain delay :rain: :(
And the weather forecast is not really optimistic for the rest of the day :sad:
They're drying the courts in fact at the moment...

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Rain? Fuck it.

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
any idea of a starting time, it's 2 am here so if i can sleep for an hour that would be cool

Drine
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Can't believe it, they're drying the court and they put some music on. Guess what the song is.... "November rain" from Guns&Roses :lol:
What a sense of humour :haha:

Drine
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
any idea of a starting time, it's 2 am here so if i can sleep for an hour that would be cool

Well, it should start in about 30mn, that's what ES2 said. We just have to wait and see :awww:

BartoliBabes
Mar 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM
replay of Woz Kiri........

Joee
Mar 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Ive been waiting all day for this matchup...F*CK u rain!!!

BartoliBabes
Mar 29th, 2010, 04:23 PM
snap.

Drine
Mar 29th, 2010, 06:37 PM
The weather conditions are looking much better now, the courts are almost dry (for the 10th time today :lol:) and there are more and more people in the stands (without umbrellas :lol:) :)
Fingers crossed ;)

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Marion-Sveta still scheduled first for Grandstand.

Joee
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Our Lady first into QF's

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Fantastic stuff! I know Sveta was clearly hampered but I firmly believe Marion would have won this match anyway.

Drine
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Good job Marion !!! Keep it going now ;)

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
GOAT.

Please marionate nina or timea to go to the semi :hearts::drool:

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:27 PM
People writing off Marions chances of beating Venus again, despite there being 3 matches to play before then. :rolls: I remember the last time they wrote her off like that...

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:28 PM
bahahah, let's just hope marion can win her next match!

and radwasnka doesn't make it to the semis!

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
More Top 10 wins then Crapvetadze :hearts:

Iceland
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Let's take one match at a time :) Marion indeed was very determined today, she already was in Indian Wells but this time, there was no way she would give Sveta a single hope. I really liked how efficient and opportunistic she was. Plus it's the best I have seen her serving and retrieving for quite a while. Those last two return winners for example :hearts:.

The surface suits indeed Marion's game pretty well. I quite like her chances for this QF now. Two strong servers but Marion should figure them out. Hope she capitalizes on this win and reaches SF. She needs it!

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, both could be tough matches. She hasnt played Wickimayer and Im not sure how she'd shape up to her. But I think Marion could throw her off. Marion beat Timmy at Wimbledon and witout a doubt her dropshots are very dangerous against Marion but I think Marion culd take her again.

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Dani tearing Vee apart at the moment. I thought it was good until I saw who the winner is going to play next: Radwanska. :scared: I just hope the winner takes her out.

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Well, its going to be Wickimayer in the quarters.

leviathane
Mar 29th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Yanina def. Timea 6-0 6-1 :scared:

Joee
Mar 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Marion can beat her!

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I love GM. :rolls: Marion would lose a poll against Dulgheru.

Marionated
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:13 PM
A nice break for Marion here.
Please don't lose to Wickmayer :o

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Ugh, she better not, that girl pisses me off so much. Shes just like Murray.

Marionated
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Agreed. She's on my most disliked list.

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:30 PM
I love the big article on it on the website! :inlove: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/news/20100329/bartoli-brings-it-ousts-top-seed_2256076_2009422

MIAMI, FL, USA - Marion Bartoli pulled off the biggest surprise of the Sony Ericsson Open thus far on Monday afternoon, pummelling No.1 seed Svetlana Kuznetsova out of the tournament in the round of 16, 63 60.

Watch live matches from Miami this week on TennisTV.com!

Bartoli was hardly as unlucky as her No.13 seed, winning 10 games in a row from 2-3 in the first set to beat Kuznetsova for the first time in three Sony Ericsson WTA Tour meetings. The match got more and more lopsided as it went on - Bartoli surrended just eight points in the 26-minute second set.

"I felt from the first point that it wasn't my day," Kuznetsova said. "Then when I was serving at 3-5, I felt a pull in my shoulder. I still kept serving but it was so painful I almost had stars in my eyes. I probably should've pulled out earlier, but it was my choice to play. I'm not going to pull out at 4-0 in the second set... it would look ugly. Today was just a horrible day. I'll delete it from my head.

"She was playing tough - with the conditions and the injury, the only thing to make it worse was playing her when she's playing like that."

See some of Marion's best career moments in a special photo gallery!

Bartoli reached the quarterfinals of this tournament for the second time and first since debuting here in 2003. In her five other attempts she had won one match.

"I've had a couple of bad years here, so it feels great," Bartoli said. "This year I came a bit earlier from Indian Wells and practiced a lot more than I used to, to get used to the conditions. It's tough to play here. I think the work paid off."

Although she mostly hovers just outside of the Top 10 in the rankings, Bartoli has had particular success against elite players in the past. Against the world No.4 she earned her seventh win in her last 11 meetings with Top 5 opponents.

Although she was 0-2 against Kuznetsova on the Tour, the pair did have a few important junior meetings - most notably the US Open girls' final in 2001.

"It was a long, long time ago," the Frenchwoman, who won that title in New York, lamented. "We used to practice together all the time too. But she beat me here at the Orange Bowl. It was my first time playing the semifinals of the Orange Bowl and she beat me. She's such a great girl and so nice."

Joee
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Lovely article!

bruce goose
Mar 30th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Marion stomped a mudhole in the "diosa"s ass,but I'll give Sveta credit for being gracious in defeat...now it's time for a France-Belgium border war:p

Drine
Mar 30th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Marion's playing in 5th on Stadium tomorrow (at 7pm local time) ;)

Chakvenus
Mar 30th, 2010, 03:03 AM
oh Marion keep up your winning!
please beat Yanina - you're much better of a player and a person than she is!

Six Feet Under
Mar 30th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Marion, you can dooooooo it :kiss:

Iceland
Mar 30th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Oh no it's too late! :(

Marionated
Mar 30th, 2010, 08:35 AM
:sad: Midnight in the UK.

Ferg
Mar 30th, 2010, 10:43 AM
That is so late. :sobbing:

Drine
Mar 30th, 2010, 11:17 AM
That is so late. :sobbing:

Yep !!! Another short night for me as well :lol:

Leucoptera
Mar 30th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I will tell you (living nearly at Florida's time).

Moi je dis:

Bravo
Go, go et go!

Don't choke against Whoopymayer, please.

BartoliBabes
Mar 30th, 2010, 03:58 PM
midnight? oh noes:help: well, anything for Miss Bah-toh-lee:bounce:

leviathane
Mar 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Venus in semis :) Aga :wavey:
I prefer Venus for Marion ;)

Drine
Mar 31st, 2010, 01:09 AM
6/4 7/5 :woohoo:
Great performance, what a match !!!
I really thought Yanina would get the second set but Marion managed to come back, she's a real fighter :worship:
She really needs to improve on her first serve against Venus though, this is vital ;)

Congrats Marion :)

Ferg
Mar 31st, 2010, 01:14 AM
Times like these make me proud to be a fan. After this, I think we can safely say those matches in Australia and Dubai were only blips.

Lighter
Mar 31st, 2010, 01:15 AM
Dad was right as usual.

Marion knows how to play Venus.....

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2010, 02:00 AM
To me,the most impressive aspect is seeing :hearts:Marion:hearts: do well at a tourney where she's usually struggled badly....That shows me the champion's heart that we've been missing this season...now it's here,huh?:cool:

Marionated
Mar 31st, 2010, 06:23 AM
Awesome!

Some Wickmayer fans are such trolls :rolleyes:

Iceland
Mar 31st, 2010, 06:39 AM
Phew what a relief! I knew that she could really win that but I was a bit scared when I put the computer on. ^^
I'll definitely stay for her SF match is played at night. Today I have a very important presentation to make so I had to sleep!

So after a very late start this season, Marion is back in business! Im glad she fought back to win this 2nd set to prove us wrong about her mental issues! Though we don't know what would have happened in the 3rd if Yanina had converted one of those SPs. Marion still has to show us she can get through despite disappointment. But this year she has been able to bounce back after each tournament. She has really become hungry for wins with her limited schedule.

I can't tell anything about the match but Im sooooo pleased to have her in the SF. And with a 2nd top 15 win this year, it feels even better. :) Marion should feel confident to face Venus again, should bring her back nice memories!

Allez Baba and bravo :yeah:

Six Feet Under
Mar 31st, 2010, 06:45 AM
let's go marion you can do it against vee! :D

Marionated
Mar 31st, 2010, 07:57 AM
2nd premier mandatory semi of her career and gained lots of points too :hearts:

Alizé Molik
Mar 31st, 2010, 08:43 AM
marion is back at #11, so damage from the AO QF points coming off has been undone. actually feeling positive again :D

Lighter
Mar 31st, 2010, 09:04 AM
marion is back at #11, so damage from the AO QF points coming off has been undone. actually feeling positive again :DNext ranking will depend on Kim's results in Miami. And Marion should defend Charleston semi finals points in a short run.

Iceland
Mar 31st, 2010, 09:53 AM
Indeed, you're both right. Her position in top 15 looks safe but is not totally yet. Clijsters and Wickmayer are looming. This is why winning that SF wouldn't be a bad idea at all!!! She would win 250 points from this (almost as much as winning an Inter. event).
Marion retrieves really well this week, Im sure she'll make something out of Venus' shaky 2nd serve. If her own serve works, she could have a chance here!

Lighter
Mar 31st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Indeed, you're both right. Her position in top 15 looks safe but is not totally yet. Clijsters and Wickmayer are looming. This is why winning that SF wouldn't be a bad idea at all!!! She would win 250 points from this (almost as much as winning an Inter. event).
Marion retrieves really well this week, Im sure she'll make something out of Venus' shaky 2nd serve. If her own serve works, she could have a chance here!Agree with you.

She killed Yanina 2nd serve with many return winners. When Marion was broken, she was leading most of time 40-00 or 40-15. She only missed a 1st serve in order to win more serving games.

82 pts won vs 74 pts and more break points.

Semi will depend on serves statistics.

Ferg
Mar 31st, 2010, 10:33 AM
This boosted her right back up in the Race too.

Ferg
Mar 31st, 2010, 10:41 AM
Awesome!

Some Wickmayer fans are such trolls :rolleyes:

I know right??? I thought maybe since Nina is quickly turning into one of the most hated players on GM they'd tone it down but nope, Marion kicks them in the face. Love it when that happens. Didnt see GoDokic in the results thread. :lol:

Marionated
Mar 31st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Youizahoe is so delusional and don't get me started on GoDokic.

Alizé Molik
Mar 31st, 2010, 10:57 AM
Youizahoe is so delusional and don't get me started on GoDokic.

lol i dont even reply to them because they don't even debate with you, they just go nuts and start insulting you or in godokic's case accusing you of stalking him and calling you honey :lol:

Ferg
Mar 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM
Well, I should really reply to them but I do it to highlight their idiocy! Youizahoe is just plain psycho (like many of the people here who spend 90% of their time of those chat threads and have their own little cliques) and thts probably the last time Ill reply to GoDokic, considering what he did to BartoliBabes (Michael) :scared:

Ferg
Mar 31st, 2010, 11:13 AM
Oh and I forgot to say last night, all the people on MTF were shouting for Marion :spit:

Marionated
Mar 31st, 2010, 11:16 AM
Shouting for her to win? :hearts:- Minus Sammy01 of course :lol:

Ferg
Mar 31st, 2010, 11:21 AM
Shouting for her to win? :hearts:- Minus Sammy01 of course :lol:

Yeah, there were like 8 people in the livescoring thread waiting for Rger and they were commenting on the match from after she saved the SPs! It was so funny when she won, they were all delighted and congratulating her. :haha:

Marionated
Mar 31st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Well I didn't stay up to watch the match but I guess I'll watch the highlights at 4.30pm on British Eurosport. The stats I've seen show a pretty ugly match but apparently Marion hit some of her wonderful second serve returns :drool:

Marionated
Mar 31st, 2010, 11:28 AM
One of her best ever performances http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If19_c1T_6w&feature=player_embedded

I love the return at 10:28 :drool:

Six Feet Under
Mar 31st, 2010, 02:55 PM
I gave godokic a piece of my mind :lol:

Joee
Mar 31st, 2010, 03:00 PM
So excited about tomorrrrrowwww !

Chakvenus
Mar 31st, 2010, 08:19 PM
i hope she can make it close!

Lighter
Apr 1st, 2010, 07:25 AM
Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stadium (from 13.00hrs)
1. Marion Bartoli vs. Venus Williams
2. ATP: Berdych vs. Verdasco (NB 15.00hrs)
3. ATP: Almagro/Robredo vs. Dlouhy/Paes
4. ATP: Youzhny vs. Soderling (NB 19.00hrs)
5. Kim Clijsters vs. Justine Henin (NB 21.00hrs)

Drine
Apr 1st, 2010, 01:20 PM
So glad Marion's playing first and not at 3am (french time) :)
Come on Marion :bounce:

Ferg
Apr 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM
Very, very disappoitning end to the tournment. :tears: Vee was horrible, Marion was worse, didnt take any chances, 3-2* was a bust, the last game in that set too, the *3-1 lead sh had, and then the game at 4-3* where she should have broke. (couldnt do anything about the serve on BP but the returns after :tape:) Collapsed after that game.

Drine
Apr 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM
This match was just horrible to watch, uninteresting, ugly serve....too bad it has to end that way :sad:
She had her chances so, it's very disappointing indeed but let's take the positives, she was only beaten in the semis so overall, it's a good performance ;)

Six Feet Under
Apr 1st, 2010, 07:10 PM
charleston/stuttgart next?

bruce goose
Apr 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Though I'm sorry that Marion lost due to missed opportunities,it should be less demoralizing to lose to an elite player...PLUS :hearts:Marion:hearts: has beaten her recently so there's no stigma from a question such as,"Will I ever beat that girl?" Hopefully,Miami will be a springboard for our Corsican Queen

Lighter
Apr 1st, 2010, 07:34 PM
charleston/stuttgart next?Yes Charleston and Stuttgart.

Marionated
Apr 3rd, 2010, 08:21 AM
Well it was a great tournament, but the second serve needs to be worked on.

Iceland
Apr 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
Marion is still in a shaky form. I don't like the fact that she took the ball so late when she played Venus but overall she did very well this week. Hope she plays in Charleston as expected.

Ferg
Apr 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
I really hope she does play Charleston. She'd be a guaranteed a top 8 seeding, and losing SF points from here would be a big loss considering how tight the #10-#16 spots are right now. And lets face it, its not like she'll go that deep in Madrid and Rome... Depends how many play Stuttgart, indoor clay does suit her better.

Marionated
Apr 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I really hope she does play Charleston. She'd be a guaranteed a top 8 seeding, and losing SF points from here would be a big loss considering how tight the #10-#16 spots are right now. And lets face it, its not like she'll go that deep in Madrid and Rome... Depends how many play Stuttgart, indoor clay does suit her better.

I know :sobbing:

And Stuttgart has a really tough field this year. I wish she'd play some smaller clay events.