PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells 3R: [23]Alisa Kleybanova def. [14]Kim Clijsters 6-4, 1-6, 7-6(4)

Julian.
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Alisa :bowdown:

down 0-4 in that tie break and then 7 points in a row!! :eek:

Marty-Dom
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:23 AM
She could win the whole thing now.

Morning Morgan
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:24 AM
:spit:

espntennis
o no kim.

Potato
:lol:

urklerlay
bbooooooo!!!

Szczecin
7 Points in a row in the Tiebreaker ! ...

Well done! :)

BuTtErFrEnA
well...

Hashim.
wow that was quite a choke Kim:rolleyes: just pathetic!:tape:

Alisa:yeah:

Daniel K
Idiot losing that tiebreak!
Very disappointing

eck
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Alisa :speakles:

~{X}~
Kim played horribly. Everytime she went up, she didn't dictate and was too passive. She really needs to work on her serve and being consistent.

This semi-schedule of her's won't work for her. She is going to have to do something about it.

Marty-Dom
7 points in a row in the tiebreak! GOAT!!!

Caralenko
Kim was up 4-0 in the TB :smash:

VeeReeDavJCap81
http://brandysource.net/Smileys/default/thisbitchisnuts.gif

Cosantoir
This match was so depressing to watch. I thought I needed to be on Zoloft.

Clijsters cannot seem to hit her backhand anywhere other than crosscourt in an important moment. Furthermore, she comes so far around the ball on the extreme that if the execution isn't done perfectly someone with a backhand as deadly as Kleybanova can punish her seemingly at will. Clijsters serve has always been less than perfect, but she couldn't even get in middle pace first serves consistently. I already knew she was slumping. Mentally with a win over Justine and a slam there is no drive. She's already lost her hunger.

Wannabeknowitall
BIG BITCH KLEYBANOVA. :hearts:
Seriously she hustles out there like a hooker with a 10 day electric shut off notice.

Pheobo
That was awful. Kim didn't even look like she wanted to be there. Alisa fought back from 0-3 in the third and then 0-4 in the tiebreaker...glad she was able to because Clijsters looked downright sour.

young_gunner913
ALISA!! :bowdown: AMAZING IN THE TB, DOWN 0-4 WINNING 7 STRAIGHT. :hearts:

BlackPanther.
Alisa is on fire! :fiery::lol:
Well down big girl! :bowdown:
What's going on with IW :lol:?

Serenus Christ
all hail kleybanovoa
:worship:
GOAT

samsam4087
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:26 AM
so sad for Kim

Jolene
So exciting! I didn't think she could pull it off...

homogenius
:bowdown:

She really fought hard and seems fitter than the last time I saw her.A bit of a choke from Kim at the end tho.
Cherry on the cake : nice way to silence this annoying crowd

madlove
this is ridiculous! what's happening to the seeds....??

*Jean*
Alisa! :eek: :inlove: Well done girl!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Primetime match tomorrow on Center Court, Kleybanova vs Suarez :lol:

WonderfulLee
:help:

samsam4087
so sad for Kim

Thkmra
Kley-Kley :yeah: Actually had a very BIG inkling that she'd take this match...knew it would be a battle in ant sort. But big win for the Russian, even though the tennis at times was :help:

cellophane
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Kim continues to suck.

muniu
Kim ? lost 7 points in a row in the tb :worship:
well-done!!

aussie_fan
Kim had a numbe ro fchances to take this one, i don't understand why she passively sometimes in this match, you have to be moving Alisa around, that's her weakness. Too many up and downs in this match Kim

Serenita
Alisa:hearts: :kiss::bigclap:

M.P
at least she finally win it :lol:
at least no choking

janksta
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Seriously she hustles out there like a hooker with a 10 day electric shut off notice.

i havent LOLed this hard for a while! :lol: :lol:

Mistress of Evil
The WS had made some vodoo magic and as a result Indian Wells will suck forever.

brickhousesupporter
Oh Oh......the saviors need saving......Congrats Alisa. It sure wasn't pretty.

SELVEN
Kim you lose motivation

Marty-Dom
Kim played horribly. Everytime she went up, she didn't dictate and was too passive. She really needs to work on her serve and being consistent.

This semi-schedule of her's won't work for her. She is going to have to do something about it.

I disagree. Kim played really well. She was on top of rallies, showed her old defensive skills, constructed points, the works. Alisa is really good and has a great future- barring the unforeseen.

itzhak
with all the respect to Kim, Kleybanova was AMAZING....

égalité
oh my god this tournament :sobbing:

great comeback in the TB though :bowdown:

Thkmra

:lol::lol::tape: She actually is a VERY good mover!!

F-R-E-A-K
:hearts: :hearts: Alisa :hearts:

Kim :hug:

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:29 AM
:bowdown:

She really fought hard and seems fitter than the last time I saw her.A bit of a choke from Kim at the end tho.
Cherry on the cake : nice way to silence this annoying crowd

Her legs are thinner but she's still as frumpy around the core area.
She just knows how to put all that weight on the ball.
She werks with what God gave her and then some... :worship:
I still think she will be in the top 10 and win a slam someday.
I hope big bitch Kleybanova doesn't prove me wrong.

Orbis
You know what, this was kind of good to see. You sort of got the feeling that Clijsters just wanted to get the match over with, and when she got that 4-0 lead in the tiebreak, she got complacent. She can't afford to underestimate players like Kleybanova.

As for Kleybanova, she really impressed me today, not with her game (the match was pretty average) but with her determination and fighting spirit. She never mentally gave up, even losing badly in tiebreak, and she never lost faith in her game, even when she went through patches of bad errors. She was coming to the net sometimes and trying drop shots too, so she's willing to diversify her game, which is good to see. She will do very well in the future if she maintains this mentality.

Crowd was ridiculously partisan at times.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Fewer double faults, more winners, fewer unforced errors, and more points won overall, yet Kim still lost the match :lol:

Credit to Kleybanova. Kim was far from her best tonight, but Alisa rose up from the dead so many times that match it was scary. She was painting the lines whenever she went down a break point.

brickhousesupporter
I think people are going to see that it is not easy being a part time player. The WS are geniuses.

Thkmra
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:31 AM
The WS had made some vodoo magic and as a result Indian Wells will suck forever.

...Though you'd hate to admit it, there may be some truth to this!!:tape:

Keadz
To beat Klaybanova...take the ball early. Kim was refusing to do this. She then went on to lose, even though she had plenty of chances to win. Crappy match and a crappy first 1/4 of the season for Kimmy. (Besides Brisbane)

Everytime I have seen Alisa play, the crowd never really supports her. She is a good shot maker though and makes shitty matches some what bearable.

goldenlox
Alisa is a dangerous opponent. She has serious power and doesnt get tired

Julian.
Vera is gonna defend this title it seems :lol:

is1531
I loved this match. Back and forth, back forth. It was end to end action.

Arnian
I think people are going to see that it is not easy being a part time player. The WS are geniuses.

What does this have to do with the WS ? Crawl back into your cave please :rolleyes:

Sorry Kim =/, I expected her to win the tournament

Stamp Paid
http://brandysource.net/Smileys/default/thisbitchisnuts.gifLMFAOOOOOOO :haha:

~{X}~
I disagree. Kim played really well. She was on top of rallies, showed her old defensive skills, constructed points, the works. Alisa is really good and has a great future- barring the unforeseen.

As I said, when Kim was UP, she went into passive mode. I saw her in the third set, and especially that tie break.

She went passive really and allowed Kleybanova to dictate, especially in the tiebreak, once she got to 4-0.

garrosgrace
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Omg

Midnight_Robber
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:33 AM
I was getting ready to remark on what a horrible tie-break it was from Alisa with all those loose, sloppy errors - but then Kim intervened and decided to make it equally as horrible from her end... :lol:

Strange match and I have admit despite the sensational defense from both players, and some exceptional points there were far too many dull lulls and stretches in it to make it a good/great match. Congrats to Kleybanova though. It's a testament to her mental strength even though her play was often patchy and kind of average. Kim had more winners and more points overall, but she was over-defensive and made costly errors and gave away free points. Kim also didn't attack Kleybanova's second serve nearly enough and I agree that she got complacent during the 3rd set and even in the tie-break.

Kleybanova was pretty inconsistent herself, but she took nothing for granted. She got impatient sometimes but she didn't get discouraged. (Not sure what her coach said too her but it seemed to work.) She hung in long enough to win the points that mattered and I liked how she mixed it up on some of the big points (drop-shots etc.) It was a good show of nerve. She knew she was the underdog so didn't have to worry about choking etc.

Belmont Lad
That was one of the ugliest matches I have ever seen. :help: Kim looked like she couldn't give a shit even being there and blew several convincing leads with horrid play.

Julian.
None of the grand slam champions left btw :spit:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
The way Kleybanova plays tennis is ugly , plain and simple

Volcana
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM
wow that was quite a choke Kim:rolleyes: just pathetic!:tape:Not sure what 'choke' means where you're from, but Clijsters didn't choke, she got beat. She was up ONE service break in the third set. 3-0 looks scary, but it was just one break. She let herself get into a street fight with somebody who hits harder. Bad things happen....

Serenita
:haha::spit:fuck nooo

hingisGOAT
Terrible match from Clijsters. Anyone want to tell me why sometimes Kim will look away into the crowd before hitting a serve? She has no concentration at all :help: Clearly Kleybanova wanted to win more

brickhousesupporter
What does this have to do with the WS ? Crawl back into your cave please :rolleyes:

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af19/rudeboy77/Gifs/x2tlky.gif

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:35 AM
To beat Klaybanova...take the ball early. Kim was refusing to do this. She then went on to lose, even thouhg she had plenty of chances to win. Crappy match and a crappy first 1/4 of the season for Kimmy. (Besides Brisbane)

Everytime I have seem Alisa play, the crowd never really supports her. She is a good shot maker though and makes shitty matches some what bearable.

Everything about big bitch Kleybanova's game is ugly.
Her groundstrokes, the way she pounds the pavement with her heavy footwork, her net approaches, her grunts, her overall look.
But God bless her heart and dedication because she somehow puts it all together and is one of the most physically and mentally tough players on tour these days.

Dominic
OMG Clijsters :help: What the hell happened to her serve!? I can serve better than that and the serve is the weakest part of my game :lol: Also mentally at the end she SUCKED big time.

Adrian1092
Alisa :yeah: :cheer: Great win :D
Kim :hug:

Volcana
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Seriously she hustles out there like a hooker with a 10 day electric shut off notice.Hate the metaphor, but you're right.

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:36 AM
The way Kleybanova plays tennis is ugly , plain and simpleShe is kind of annoying because 1 great point, 1 terrible point.
She doesnt have good tennis instincts, but has athletic talent

delicatecutter
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:37 AM
It looks like Alisa might have lost a few lbs since last I saw her. But her profuse sweating is seriously distracting. :tape: To see sweat dripping off her cap is NOT CUTE. I do love her game though. She really has a bounce to the ounce. She fights really hard and has the game to be #1. In the past she has been horribly inconsistent, even after big wins. Maybe after her recent title, she can back it up. I'd much rather see her raise the dolphin than about most any girl left in the field. But I wouldn't be shocked at all to see her lose next round. Nice to see her repping for us big boned people. :hearts:

Orbis
Yeah like Kleybanova would hit an amazing winner and the crowd would barely give her a smatter of applause.

Julian.
Alisa's shots on the run are amazing!

thrust
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:39 AM
She could win the whole thing now.

I HOPE SHE DOES! SHE REMINDES ME OF A YOUNG CHUBBY DAVENPORT. SHE HAS GREAT GAME AND POSSIBILITIES. SHE MISSED SOME EASY OVERHEADS THAT HAD ME SCREAMING. AFTER THE SECOND SET I NEVER THOUGT SHE WOULD WIN. SHE NEARLY BEAT JUSTINE IN THE AO, BUT UNLIKE KIM, JUSTINE FOUND A WAY TO WIN. IF SHE LOSES ABOUT 10 LBS. SHE WILL BE DYMAMITE-LOL!! EVEN NOW, SHE HAS INCREDIBLE BODY FLEXIBILITY FOR A WOMAN HER SIZE. AGAIN, I HOPE SHE WINS THIS TOURNAMENT!!

Stamp Paid
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Please keep this level of play up through the clay season :sobbing:
Just let Serena win the French Open. Ya'll can win the other two slams :sobbing:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
She is kind of annoying because 1 great point, 1 terrible point.
She doesnt have good tennis instincts, but has athletic talent

You played like what player in your times goldie

Wannabeknowitall
OMG Clijsters :help: What the hell happened to her serve!? I can serve better than that and the serve is the weakest part of my game :lol: Also mentally at the end she SUCKED big time.

Big bitch Kleybanova is in it to win it unless her tank is on empty.
And these were perfect conditions for her.
It was cool and heavy conditions so she can stay out there for days.
Once it starts to get hot she sometimes gets Bartoli syndrome and wilts in the third set.
But not this time, she wasn't backing down.

Serenita
Alisa took it to Clijsters, plain and simple.

thrust
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Yeah like Kleybanova would hit an amazing winner and the crowd would barely give her a smatter of applause.

PERHAPS BECAUSE, SHE IS NOT A TALL GLAMOURS BLONDE?

tennisbum79
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Anyone want to tell me why sometimes Kim will look away into the crowd before hitting a serve? She has no concentration at all :help: Clearly Kleybanova wanted to win more
Well, kim has always been a "speedy player"

No matter the cricumstances( leading or trailing), she wastes no time between serves.
It comes second nature to her, it is a routine to her.
Like Sharapova fixing her hair.
Djokovic bouncing the ball 16 times.
Roddick fixing his shirt
Nada fixing his ass

Julian.
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Btw, the crowd hardly gave Alisa any applause for the points she won. :o

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Btw, the crowd hardly gave Alisa any applause for the points she won. :o

Smart people

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:47 AM

No because her groundstrokes are hideous.
Honestly I've seen wheelchair players with more fluid movement on their forehands than Alisa.
There's nothing aesthetically pleasing about someone awkwardly leaning into her shots usually on the wrong foot and placement in such an open stance.
The majority of the crowd doesn't even know if her ball is going to go in until they see it bounce and by that time they're shocked.

I think one day once people get use to her, Alisa will become a fan favorite at many venues including the US Open.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I would never have believed it possible a couple of years ago yet slowly but surely I am really warming to Kleybanova. Generally I'm not much of a fan of big-babe power tennis but the way Kleybanova does it is something else. She hits so many ridiculous winners that at a certain point one just has to give in and say "yeah that was pretty damn amazing." And it isn't like she does nothing but hit these pulverising groundies, she can hit the occassional defensive loopy shot, and she can produce some extraordinary angles too.

On top of that she has two things going for her that count for a lot with me, she actually has some lovely touch and can hit her dropshot with great diguise and she produces some absolutely wonderful volleys too. There was one dropshot today that as she prepared to hit it, looked for all the world like it was going to be bludgeoned quite viciously only for it to end up dancing over the net like a feather. That was cheeky. I liked that. And then you have this girl who undeniably is carrying a lot of weight with her, flinging herself around the court like her life depended on it. You got to admire that. Yeah, I think I am almost at the point of actually calling myself a fan and adding her to my favs list. One more cool match by her and I'm there. To repeat, I never would have thought that possible even a few months ago. Alisa is pretty damn cool, ok, I've admitted it.

Julian.
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:50 AM

It might be ugly to watch but it surely is effective. :hearts:

Jodie
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Alisa :D :yeah:

Pasta-Na
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:53 AM
kim :help:

friendsita
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:55 AM
wth is happening with the wta savors!

hingisGOAT
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Also Clijsters' transition game was garbage. She approached the net behind some weak, shallow slices and got played out by Kleybanova in most of the "cat and mouse" points -- she had a couple of sitters at net that she blasted right at Alysa's racket...

thrust
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:56 AM

I agree. When she played Justine in the AO, she was incredible for the first set and a half. Perhaps she tired, but then Henin is more clever than Kim, and managed to win. Alisa, if she really wants to, has a great future ahead of her. I have a tendancy to root for smaller an uncharasmitic players with great game-LOL!!

Serenita
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:01 AM
wth is happening with the wta savors!

They themselves needs some saving:lol:

shoparound
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Saint Kim loses again!

Even better with Justine losing early. Maybe this will get people off their a$$e$ of dominating again

Mikey.
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:16 AM
How could you Kim?! :hysteric:

Midnight_Robber
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Things I noticed about Kleybanova:

1.) Who cares if she's 'fat'? She can muscle, hustle, move her ass, and defend when she needs to. And I don't think her fitness is nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

2.) She has excellent cross-court passes, and she'll drill a bh dtl - but only if she is in perfect position to do that. She won't hit a fh dtl even when it's beckoning.

3.) I still think she has trouble maintaining intensity after playing really good points or winning a set. Thing is, she was playing Kim who has always been suspect when it comes to mentally meandering in and out of matches, as opposed to Justine so that may have made a difference.

4.) She desperately needs to work on her overheads - :help: - and to develop better timing on moonballs, defensive lobs, and junk. You can see her standing there trying to decide what she's going to do. :tape:

5.) Her serve can blow hot and cold.

6.) Win or lose, she gets impatient sometimes (and can spray errors and make hideous mistakes) but she doesn't panic or get defeated which is important.)

7.) She can transition from attack to defense, and along with the power angles, she also has touch.

8.) She was happy to win but wasn't hyperventilating with over-excited disbelief, which tells me that this is someone who isn't going to collapse over the idea of mixing it up with the elite players. She's not afraid or over-awed.

9.) I was embarrassed by just how partisan the IW crowd, They didn't even reward some of her great shots with polite/perfunctory applause.

All of which makes her interesting to me. I picked her over Pavlychenkova as a young up-coming talent, let's see of she goes any further at IW.

#kArLoS#
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:18 AM
:bolt::woohoo:.The draw is pretty open right now,everyone can win:p

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Kim :eek: :o
Alisa :eek: :bolt: :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Saint Kim loses again!

Even better with Justine losing early. Maybe this will get people off their a$$e$ of dominating again

Saint Kim of Bree decided that this was a martyr match. :lol:

thrust
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:27 AM
kIM THE CHOKER-LOL!!

Tennis Ball
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:36 AM
:eek: :rolleyes:

Congrats, Alisa!
Kimmie, wazup?

Serena y Monica
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:40 AM

So to each his own. I love the fact that she's not afraid to win. It takes alot more courage (in my opinion) to hit hard and deep w/authority than it does to retrieve hoping your opponent misses. Defending should only be done long enough to get in a position to take ur destiny in your own hands and go for the win...she does this on each and every point. It's a thng of beauty.

Apoleb
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Terrible from Kim. She had trouble hitting the ball with any kind of authority on all shots basically, especially the backhand. All she could do is loop and run, and even her movement looked suspect. Such a stark contrast to the form she showed earlier this season. I knew that the Petrova match was indicative of something more than a mere bad day because of how awful she was, and my doubts are getting confirmed. She also displayed very bad body language and had no confidence in her shotmaking at all.

The countdown for Kim's second worldwide farewell tour has started. Let's just hope Justine won't be the opening act. :tape:

Elwin.
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Kim :rolleyes:

Tennis Ball
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Bad job Kim!
Congrats Alisa, well done!

Daniel
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Alisa :)
Kim:smash: whats happening?

treufreund
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:56 AM

Nah, they love tall, boring brunettes like Ivanovic too :)

Midnight_Robber
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Terrible from Kim. She had trouble hitting the ball with any kind of authority on all shots basically, especially the backhand. All she could do is loop and run, and even her movement looked suspect. Such a stark contrast to the form she showed earlier this season. I knew that the Petrova match was indicative of something more than a mere bad day because of how awful she was, and my doubts are getting confirmed. She also displayed very bad body language and had no confidence in her shotmaking at all.

The countdown for Kim's second worldwide farewell tour has started. Let's just hope Justine won't be the opening act. :tape:

Well - there was one point, early on in the match when it looked like Kim was going to grab her knee but she didn't. Kim's play was kind of boring really and I started to get tired of all of the defensive junk she was throwing. To be fair though, Kleybanova met her defense with defense of her own. But it was the type of defense that tried to get in a winner rather than merely hoping that Kim would give up, get tired and miss. Also agree with Serena y Monica that defensive play should be used to get yourself into an attacking position rather than used as a single stratgey where you aim to wear your opponent down and wait for them to miss. I think that Kleybanova can over-do a bit and hit some wild shots when she loses focus but generally she's got the right mentality.

pav
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I can't believe the crowd was favouring the pudding face and not the talented Alisa:sad: She just needs a designer cap with a little reverse facing guttering set under the peak with a little hose leading off over her shoulder and into a reservoir( when she gets more famous it can be sold in tiny bottles)

Apoleb
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Well - there was one point, early on in the match when it looked like Kim was going to grab her knee but she didn't. Kim's play was kind of boring really and I started to get tired of all of the defensive junk she was throwing. To be fair though, Kleybanova met her defense with defense of her own. But it was the type of defense that tried to get in a winner rather than merely hoping that Kim would give up, get tired and miss. Also agree with Serena y Monica that defensive play should be used to get yourself into an attacking position rather than used as a single stratgey where you aim to wear your opponent down and wait for them to miss. I think that Kleybanova can over-do a bit and hit some wild shots when she loses focus but generally she's got the right mentality.

The problem is that she did try to be aggressive, but she was woefully inconsistent at it. It's why I think she retreated to defensive junk time and again in the match. Her timing and her rhythm were off, just like the Petrova match, but not as terrible. She had no confidence in her more aggressive game, maybe for good reason. At 5-5 in the tb, she dumped a BDTL that was supposed to be a more aggressive shot right in the middle of the net.

Thkmra
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:06 AM

...Are you done..I mean really?!!:rolleyes: Speaking of a world-wide tour, the only real problem Clijsters has is that she's been over-billed. Too much is expected of her,and it's just been too much, too soon. She may have even started believing in he own hype.:tape: Who knows?:shrug:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Oh Kimothy, what the hell :(

Marionated
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Wow Alisa.

tenn_ace
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Alisa well done sticking to all the haters :hearts:

altho some of them are still trying hard even in this thread :rolleyes:

treufreund
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Well done, Alisa :D

Kim :help:

The Witch-king
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:33 AM

omg

jefrilibra
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:36 AM

Kim brought her BJK exho form to IW!:tape:

Btw the IW crowd is really fawked! That's all I have to say!

allrounder
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:36 AM
WD Alisa :yeah:

Kim :sad: only a couple of days ago our Eurosport commentators were comparing her to Steffi Graf and then this result happens :weirdo:

Midnight_Robber
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:45 AM
The problem is that she did try to be aggressive, but she was woefully inconsistent at it. It's why I think she retreated to defensive junk time and again in the match. Her timing and her rhythm were off, just like the Petrova match, but not as terrible. She had no confidence in her more aggressive game, maybe for good reason. At 5-5 in the tb, she dumped a BDTL that was supposed to be a more aggressive shot right in the middle of the net.

Agreed. She tried at times but failed. But I don't think that Kim is a naturally attacking player anyway (aggressive defense is more her thing anyway), though she can attack better than she did tonight and usually tends to go into attack mode against more aggressive players. Otherwise she'll coast on defense if her opponent will let her. Some of Alisa's second serves were attackable but Kim did little with them. Anyway there was a match many years ago that she played against Schiavone (I think - or was it Conchita Martinez...) At any rate, they spent the whole match moon-balling each other till I started to pray that the match would end. So I know that there is that aspect to her game that can be less than scintillating.

madmax
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
well done Alisa, prove them all haters wrong and win this shit now:banana:

Betten
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Depressing result. I know she recently won a title and defeated Dementieva, but... Kim was 4-0 up in the TB.

Do I sense a lack of match rhythm here?

olivero
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:55 AM
jesus...
Kim :sad: what the f*** is going on?!
Very dissappointing

nevetssllim
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Alisa! :woohoo: :woohoo:

WhoAmI?
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM
thought so

Alisa:D just don't lose to CSN now:tape:

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Congrats to Kleyb'!

She hung tough!

Beat
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:50 AM
an odd result, somehow, but then kleybanova hasn't been too shabby recently.

looks like clijsters and sharpie aren't exactly gatecrashing the top 10 yet.

Mashabator
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Alisa :eek: Wow!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I just knew it :hysteric:

GrandMartha
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Alisa :banana::bigclap::bowdown:
someone please youtube the TB :drool:

Volcana
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:19 AM
...the only real problem Clijsters has is that she's been over-billed. Too much is expected of her,and it's just been too much, too soon. She may have even started believing in he own hype.:tape: Who knows?:shrug:Looking back, maybe winning the US Open was a mistake. :)

ce
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:31 AM
:inlove:

phase five
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:49 AM
is it just me, or does nobody else think that alisa reminds them of davenport? a big, ungainly girl with damn good skills. seriously, you just have to make the connection.

ivanban
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Expected :sad:

John.
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Kim :weirdo:

Congrats Alisa.

adrovi
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Alisa :bowdown::bowdown:

Clownslam
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
It's a truly a sad day for WTA and tennis in general when a great champion like Kim Clijsters loses to an all-serve, no footwork ball basher. I am feeling sick after this match...

Renalicious
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Oh God...come on Belgians...I thought you were supposed to save Women's tennis. :o :sad:

Singleniacki
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Expected :shrug:

I knew my girl could do it.

Well done Alisa :bowdown::kiss:

volta
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Alisa :worship:

Uranus
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:53 AM

Sad thing is that I don't think that's what she wants. I smell another early retirement. I can't see her go all the way to 2012 if her level of play and results can't improve much.
2010 has been bad so far.

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:58 AM
TennisReporters (http://twitter.com/TennisReporters)

Kleybanova dealing with a hip injury she got at Fed Cup, so I cant see her hanging with Kim deep into 3rd.

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Brad Gilbert
Not sure anybody hits the ball harder from the ground than Kleybanova - this girl cracks the ball - way under ranked-Destined for the top 10

Olórin
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Kim you n00b :mad:
Please don't retire again.

Sexysova
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
WTA :bigwave:

VishaalMaria
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Congrats :D

OohZuzana
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I love this woman :D

http://www.thedailyforehand.com/2010/3/16/1375299/a-love-letter-to-alisa-kleybanova

Lachy
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Wow.

ZODIAC
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I knew Kim was going to lose because Kleyba was playing lights out and outrunning Kim,she never let Kim dictate play.I think as the season goes on a lot of players will figure out the two belgians ...and they will be losing left and right.
I still think a young player will win IW..

austennis
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I agree with the people saying the semi-schedule dosnt work for Kim.. i think she needs to play week in and week out for a lil while to get her game on. At the US is was her 3rd tournament in a month and that was clear, otherwise she seems to be a lil rusty :S thats her 2nd bad loss this year.. she should be beating the Kleybanovas and Petrovas of this world.

The Witch-king
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I knew Kim was going to lose because Kleyba was playing lights out and outrunning Kim,she never let Kim dictate play.I think as the season goes on a lot of players will figure out the two belgians ...and they will be losing left and right.
I still think a young player will win IW..

they should give you an award. Your predictions are always spot on :worship:

ZODIAC
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I agree with the people saying the semi-schedule dosnt work for Kim.. i think she needs to play week in and week out for a lil while to get her game on. At the US is was her 3rd tournament in a month and that was clear, otherwise she seems to be a lil rusty :S thats her 2nd bad loss this year.. she should be beating the Kleybanovas and Petrovas of this world.Kim got lucky last year with the help of USTA,now reality is setting in and a lot of players are figuring out her game and its not going to be easy going forward.I think the young players also want to be recognised and are tired of the comeback story...plus Kim is older she cannot outrun the younger girls like she used to.
Congrats Kleyba!she deserved to win:worship:

2Black
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:53 AM
For some reason, I think Kim wants to win but it's not a die-trying type of thing. At any rate, Congrats Alisa! Job Well Done ...

hdfb
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Kim and Justine were meant to save the WTA. :lol:

New
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I know Kim and Elena D are two very different players, but those who watch Alisa vs Elena live in the KL final would not have been surprised at the accuracy of Alisa and her fighting spirit.:bounce:
So it wasn't that much of a shock to see Kim lose. Besides Kim's playing in Aus Open vs Tammy and Nadia wasn't that impressive either.:tape:
I used to be just neutral, but I must say that I'm leaning towards supporting her after seeing her live cos she is such a great fighter seriously..:worship:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
maybe Kim is just demonstrating what happens when everyone is fresh and not banged up after a long season :shrug:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:36 PM
:woohoo: :haha: :woohoo: :lol: :woohoo: :haha: :woohoo:

Finally a good day @ IW! :haha:

KamilZ
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Alisa :woohoo:

Noctis
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Saw It coming

Pops Maellard
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
:lol: Nice choke Kim.

adner
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:59 PM
It looks like Kim has a lot of troubles dealing with fat Russians.

Yarden
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Kim :sad:
She didn't do it in the past :(

It's a great result from Alisa :yeah:

Ellery
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Alisa :hearts: :bowdown:

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Kim will get Venus Williams syndrome in a minute..she's playing well then playing aweful. I watched some of this match and she just lost it at the end of the tiebreak. too patchy....kim had chances (just like venus will get) and didnt capitalize on them. I see why kim and venus us open match was so weird...they are both too patchy...oh and kleybenova played some good tennis too...some of her shots came out of NOWHERE. wow...AND the crowd was for kim as well...so good for her.

DefyingGravity
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Well done Alisa...from what I've heard, a match well deserved.

KIMBERLY ANN CLIJSTERS (not her actual name, obviously)!!!!!!!!! UGH...that was awful. She's really, really, REALLY patchy these days. Too defensive clearly. Wake up!!! You can't just meander around the world and have people fall apart anymore. That just doesn't work!!! You have to take it to these girls. 4-0 up in the tiebreak!!! Golly!!!!

ZODIAC
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I am happy Kim is gone,the hype can be sickening sometimes.There will be a new young winner at IW this year...

Joana
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I don't think this part time players act is going to work for either Kim or Justine.

harloo
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Kim is better when the pressure isn't on her to perform. That's the reason she won the US Open. She came into her matches without much expectation and was able to play freely. Now that the focus is on her and the commentators have treated her like she's the second coming of Christ you see her folding easily. This was Kim's problem before she left the game and it's going to haunt her for the rest of her career. She too good of a player to not win some of these matches though. I just want people to remember when things get tight and the pressure mounts during a match your best bet is on Kim's opponent. She shouldn't have lost this match despite Alisa's power.

Monirena Wiles
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM
is it just me, or does nobody else think that alisa reminds them of davenport? a big, ungainly girl with damn good skills. seriously, you just have to make the connection.
Both big girls with big groundstrokes but a few differences too. Lindsay has a much better first and second serve. Alisa is much better mover than Lindsay. Lindsay constructs points better. Alisa is more explosive off the ground. And the biggest difference of all is technique, Lindsay was standard text book and the best technique of all time, where as Alisa's technique is, well..ummm....:tape: But Alisa seems to be stronger mentally so she can have a great future. And maybe like Lindsay she can go to the next level by improving her fitness.

MechWarrior2k
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I am happy Kim is gone,the hype can be sickening sometimes.There will be a new young winner at IW this year...

I wouldn't write-off Zvonareva just yet. Her draw actually got easier with Azarenka losing.

Vlover
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Kim is better when the pressure isn't on her to perform. That's the reason she won the US Open. She came into her matches without much expectation and was able to play freely. Now that the focus is on her and the commentators have treated her like she's the second coming of Christ you see her folding easily. This was Kim's problem before she left the game and it's going to haunt her for the rest of her career. She too good of a player to not win some of these matches though. I just want people to remember when things get tight and the pressure mounts during a match your best bet is on Kim's opponent. She shouldn't have lost this match despite Alisa's power.

Defending should only be done long enough to get in a position to take ur destiny in your own hands and go for the win[/B]...
Harloo that is the BIG difference in mentality of great champions and good players. That is why I much prefer offensive minded players every time even if they make errors along the way.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:22 PM

this

DragonFlame
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:23 PM
eurosport just broadcasted the match... How kim lost that third set is beyond me, she did everything to lose besides some INCREDIBLE luck from kleybanova. :o

Totally disappointing match from kim, this was more then winnable multiple times in that third set.

Fantasy Hero
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Well done Alisa :worship:

Juanes
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
yeah, nice choke.... this Indian Wells is absolutely awful...

The Untouchable
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Kinda expected, nice to see Kleybs doing her thing. :wavey:

Monirena Wiles
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I only partly agree with you. This kind of match is NOT the kind of match that Kim would typically lose. Kim, more so than Serena, Venus, and a lot of other top players hardly ever lost to lower ranked players she was supossed to beat. Even when she was being tagged as mentally weak, she rarely had bad loses in her career. It was only the top players that would make her doubt herself. I don't think the "pressure" got to her at all. People just like to say things like that and others then repeat them because they sound good. This time around she just got outplayed. Her opponent took more chances and Kim has an agressive mindset but plays from defensive positions and unless your name is Nadal that is a tricky combination.

2Black
Mar 16th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Harloo, you might be on to something for once :lol:

DRAGONISLAND
Mar 16th, 2010, 03:10 PM
well done kley

Peplin
Mar 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Kleybanova :worship: Another good victory!

Slutati
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
OMG. :rolls::rolls:
Thanks, Alisa!

mdterp01
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:22 PM
So about all that Kim and Justine are coming back to save the tour comments..... :wavey:

Roookie
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:25 PM
So about all that Kim and Justine are coming back to save the tour comments..... :wavey:

They are saving the tour already: Slam, Brisbane, Slam final. I can't just wait for Miami :hearts:.

Uranium
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
They are saving the tour already: Slam, Brisbane, Slam final. I can't just wait for Miami :hearts:.

:lol: at you adding MM Brisbane, nice.

Anyways, :spit:. Expected loss for Kim, to me at least when I did my FITD. Limited scheduling will just not work for her.:o

ZODIAC
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:31 PM
they will not win Miami:p

youizahoe
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Kim you are retarded. You won 8 straight games and you could not just hold 3 more times :weirdo:

mdterp01
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:39 PM

But the way people were making it seem, the current state of the tour was nothing and just seat warmers for Justine and Kim to come back and win every title. I love when reality smacks people in the face. Yes they add to the depth incredibly since they are top players, but the way others were talking it was as if it was going to be Kim and Justine winning everything in sight.

Oh and I can't wait for Miami either :armed:

Uranium
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Why? Justine has only made it past the QFs of Miami once and that was in 2007. Has lost to the likes of Garbin, Smashnova, Rubin, and Shaughnessy. Then Kim after winning it in 2005 then lost to the likes of Craybas in 2006 and Na Li in 2007. They do better in IW.

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:54 PM

No.
Lindsay's groundstrokes were aethestically pleasing, crisp, and clean.
Big Bitch Kleybanova's groundstrokes are ugly. She has a bad hitch in her groundstrokes at times, especially her forehand.
Lindsay was able to hit early.
For a lot of Kleybanova's shots she hits late but since she has such good hands she comes up with winners.

Lindsay had great footwork but lacked speed. A lot of times she would go into "Fuck It. I'm not getting that." mode.
Kleybanova's footwork is subpar but she has surprising speed for her size.
She doesn't quit on a point ever.
Once big bitch Kleybanova sets her eyes on a ball on the other side of the court, she's not only going to get to it, she's going to do something with it.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Delusional.......

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Why? Justine has only made it past the QFs of Miami once and that was in 2007. Has lost to the likes of Garbin, Smashnova, Rubin, and Shaughnessy. Then Kim after winning it in 2005 then lost to the likes of Craybas in 2006 and Na Li in 2007. They do better in IW.

They don't like the conditions of Miami, especially Justine.
It can be humid with a layer of ozone and Justine doesn't do well fitness wise in those conditions.
For Kim her problem at Miami comes because the courts can be quite slow and heavy for her.

She does better on faster hard courts, most of the Cali tournis pretty much.
While the court conditions suit Justine, it's the atmosphere she hates.
That's why she does well on a slow gritty court like Toronto but not as well at Miami.

The Daviator
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Alisa :D Would love to see her win this.

changel
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM
They don't like the conditions of Miami, especially Justine.
It can be humid with a layer of ozone and Justine doesn't do well fitness wise in those conditions.
For Kim her problem at Miami comes because the courts can be quite slow and heavy for her.

She does better on faster hard courts, most of the Cali tournis pretty much.
While the court conditions suit Justine, it's the atmosphere she hates.
That's why she does well on a slow gritty court like Toronto but not as well at Miami.

Justine doesn't like this tournament at all, even when she had a chance to win, she choked, she had 2 mpoints against Serena in 2007 and she lost :help: she has absolutely no confidence in this tournament, ironically it's one of Serena's favorite tournament.

hablo
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM
:speakles:

I love women's tennis: not boring at all. :lol::o

The Witch-king
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:43 PM
No.
Lindsay's groundstrokes were aethestically pleasing, crisp, and clean.
Big Bitch Kleybanova's groundstrokes are ugly. She has a bad hitch in her groundstrokes at times, especially her forehand.
Lindsay was able to hit early.
For a lot of Kleybanova's shots she hits late but since she has such good hands she comes up with winners.

Lindsay had great footwork but lacked speed. A lot of times she would go into "Fuck It. I'm not getting that." mode.
Kleybanova's footwork is subpar but she has surprising speed for her size.
She doesn't quit on a point ever.
Once big bitch Kleybanova sets her eyes on a ball on the other side of the court, she's not only going to get to it, she's going to do something with it.

:lol: i love the commitment you display when you find a phrase you like

propi
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Awful tennis :o

Diesel
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Alisa :D Would love to see her win this.

Agreed. I'm liking what she brings.

The Witch-king
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:48 PM
One thing I love about Alisa is her smile. Even when she loses she has this broad friendly smile and wave to the crowd. She seems to have a great attitude and it doesn't compromise her hunger to win and cause upsets which i think is great. Unlike some of these miserable young players who look like "i cant believe i just lost to this" even when you're playing the defending and 5x Wimbledon champ :o

gmak
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Kim :( this schedule is not working :shrug:
should've won that TB from 4-0 :(

Alisa :yeah:
now make the semis :rocker:

homogenius
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:55 PM
After her Ao run last year, this forum was all "look at this sweating fat pig.Disgusting".
One year later she's becoming the ultimate bandwagon to jump on.

Nice :cool:

The Witch-king
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:00 PM
^I take it this is the first time a player has gained new fans in the history of tennis?

debby
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:04 PM
:speakles: Kim :tape: :tape:
Actually I knew it would happen. She trains not that much, 2 hours per day. It is not that impressive since she plays a very short schedule for her standards... Usually she was stronger and stronger a la Jankovic 2007/2008 by playing more and more tournaments.
I hope she will sort it herself.

Congrats Alisa ! I like to watch her during matchs, she hits the ball so clean and her movement is excellent, when we see her body. Impressive. I think she will be top 10 by the end of the year.

Justine doesn't like this tournament at all, even when she had a chance to win, she choked, she had 2 mpoints against Serena in 2007 and she lost :help: she has absolutely no confidence in this tournament, ironically it's one of Serena's favorite tournament.

Yes because her mother died on March, so it is a terrible month for Justine. I don't make excuses, my mother is like her, at the moment, she is sad because she remembers her mum.

rucolo
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:16 PM
:eek:
Amazing win, Alisa!:D:banana:

Clijsters was leading 3-0 in Final set!:o
Also was leading 4-0 in TB only to lose the next 7 points!:haha:

Keep going, Alisa!
She really is a BIG talent.

Craig.
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Oh Kim :spit:

WD Alisa though :hearts: :yeah:

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Clijsterskim (http://twitter.com/Clijsterskim)

Bummed I lost last night took my foot off the gas and Kleybanova played really tough. Was high level match which I can take lot of positives

mykarma
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM

:rolleyes:

roelc
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Clijsterskim (http://twitter.com/Clijsterskim)
Was high level match which I can take lot of positives

is this true? (didnt see the match)
but hantuchova also said she played 5 good matches in monterrey :uhoh:

mykarma
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
:worship::worship::worship:

None of the grand slam champions left btw :spit:
Ain't that a bitch.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af19/rudeboy77/Gifs/x2tlky.gif
:rolls::rolls::rolls:

NeoZod19
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:24 AM
What happen KIM??

Corswandt
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Expected result (not that calling this offsets my LOL prediction of both Henin and Shriekarenka doing well here).

Again, good for the game. Players retiring to breed and then coming back as part-timers yet winning at will is terrible for the image of the Tour. Also good that a member of Generation Suck played more clutch than a multiple GS champion when it mattered. And the 3rd set was very well played from both.

After her Ao run last year, this forum was all "look at this sweating fat pig.Disgusting".
One year later she's becoming the ultimate bandwagon to jump on.

Tournament goers still despise her though. I saw that highlights pack ES1 showed today and Kleybanova didn't get more than a polite yet half-hearted golf clap - if not stony silence - in return for any of her (many) dazzling shots. I admit that she isn't glamourous and that her strokes are ugly as sin, but as far as the spectators are concerned it's as if she was a lump of smegma instead of a person. I'm sick of it. The crowds don't have to love her, but they could at least respect her.

mykarma
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Again, good for the game. Players retiring to breed and then coming back as part-timers yet winning at will is terrible for the image of the Tour. Also good that a member of Generation Suck played more clutch than a multiple GS champion when it mattered. And the 3rd set was very well played from both.

I hope that English isn't your primary language because that statement is insulting to women.

A breed is a group of domestic animals with a homogeneous appearance, behavior, and other characteristics that distinguish it from other animals of the same species. When bred together, animals of the same breed pass on these uniform traits to their offspring, and this ability—known as "breeding true"—is a definitive requirement for a breed. The offspring produced as a result of breeding animals of one breed with other animals of another breed are known as crossbreeds or mixed breeds. Plant breeds are more commonly known as varieties, or cultivars, and crosses between plant cultivars (or species) are referred to as hybrids.[1]. Breeds are usually not classified scientifically; instead being grouped by breeders according to similar characteristics.

ZODIAC
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Kim was outclassed by Kleyba last night,her 09 win at the Open looks flukish now because most players were tired from a long season .I think she will have heartbreaking losses this year at slams that will affect her confidence.I think Serena and Venus will be tossing her around this season a la pova fashion.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 17th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Expected result (not that calling this offsets my LOL prediction of both Henin and Shriekarenka doing well here).

Tournament goers still despise her though. I saw that highlights pack ES1 showed today and Kleybanova didn't get more than a polite yet half-hearted golf clap - if not stony silence - in return for any of her (many) dazzling shots. I admit that she isn't glamourous and that her strokes are ugly as sin, but as far as the spectators are concerned it's as if she was a lump of smegma instead of a person. I'm sick of it. The crowds don't have to love her, but they could at least respect her.

this

bandabou
Mar 17th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Well, well...I guess it's easier to come and win when nobody expects you to than when you're the favorite.

Halepsova
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I think Kim might become bored again. She achieved some goals, winning more slams and banging out Justine. :shrug: