PDA

View Full Version : Question: Who is in the worst situation: Sharapova or Safina?

NeoZod19
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:46 AM
You know, I've been talking so much about Maria how terrible it is for her right now but Safina is not in a better situation here. I mean she has been number 1 but has never won a GS.

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Safina is worse off. I would rather play crappy than not be healthy enough to play.

s_j
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I'd much, much rather lack confidence and be inconsistent, yet know I can improve, rather than have a back injury.

$uricate
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks for putting it in perspective.

Sure Maria sucks right now, but it could be worse - she could be Safina! :shudder:

Serena y Monica
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:55 AM
It really depends on the severity of Safina's injury. I think Dinara still has loads to prove. Hopefully she'll be focused fit and fighting for that slam she should have won. Maria really has nothing to prove.
Maria may or may not still be struggling w/pain and if she can't fight through it she has been there done that as far as tennis excellence goes...(no I'm not saying she doesn't care), If Dinara can't come back of course I'd say she is worse off.

Uranium
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Safina isn't even on court playing, so I'll say her.

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Its true that on clay, 2 months from now, Dinara might be rolling while Maria is still losing early.
But right now, I would rather lose early than not be able to play at all

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:12 AM
I still have believe Maria will get her mojo back.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Safina is worse off. I would rather play crappy than not be healthy enough to play.

Is Safina your fave player goldie ?

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Is Safina your fave player goldie ?Federer's my fav:hearts::hearts:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:49 AM

I'd much, much rather lack confidence and be inconsistent, yet know I can improve, rather than have a back injury.

So true.

Caralenko
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Tatiana Golovin v2.0

Tennisstar86
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Maria, At least she had Mojo to begin with....Let alone sponsors out her ass....

tennisbum79
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Maria.
Because some of what is happening is beyond.

Safina can still totally controll her destiny

Volcana
Mar 16th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Depends on the nature of the back injury. Mauresmo had to change her entire game because of a chronic back injury. Or it could be something minor, that rest will fix.

Sharapova, OTOH, is dealing with a shoulder that will never be what it was. Doesn't mean she can't learn to be an elite player with what she's got, but the people saying she just lacks confidence have never had rotator cuff surgery. Your shoulder rotates in the joint differently, it makes noises it didn't make before, it changes angles in mid-swing for no apparent reason, and it fatigues differently than it did before.

A rotator cuff isn't one muscle, it's four muscles, plus connective tissue, all surrounding the shoulder joint. You tear it, and then keep putting stress on it, it tears more and more. Sharapova played at least six months with that shoulder seeming to bother her.

up!
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Well, if both already had their best moments on court and never come back at their best, I'd rather like to be in Sharapova's situation as she won 3 slams.
As for the seriousness of the injury, I am not a doctor so I'll shut up.

PLP
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Dinara.

She still has yet to win a career defining title while Maria has 3 GS's. Even if their injuries are career threatening, Maria has won enough major title to secure her place in tennis history, while Safina will remain a #1 w/o a slam.