PDA

View Full Version : Are IW & Miami on US TV?

RFSTB
Mar 13th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Or is it just on TennisTV.com online? I think some of it is on the Tennis Channel which I don't get because I don't have a sports package with Comcast. I know their 2 year contract with FoxSports ran out last year but did they not renew with another basic cable channel like ESPN2 or Versus?

This is a real bummer. I'm not a big enough fan to subscribe to TennisTV.com or pay for a higher sports tier to get the Tennis Channel, but I would've liked to see these 2 tournaments. If the WTA/ATP can't even get combined Tier 1 tournaments in the US on a network or basic cable channel like ESPN2 or Versus, what is the future of tennis in the US? Will these 2 tournaments even survive? How is attendance?

Chippy88
Mar 13th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Or is it just on TennisTV.com online? I think some of it is on the Tennis Channel which I don't get because I don't have a sports package with Comcast. I know their 2 year contract with FoxSports ran out last year but did they not renew with another basic cable channel like ESPN2 or Versus?

This is a real bummer. I'm not a big enough fan to subscribe to TennisTV.com or pay for a higher sports tier to get the Tennis Channel, but I would've liked to see these 2 tournaments. If the WTA/ATP can't even get combined Tier 1 tournaments in the US on a network or basic cable channel like ESPN2 or Versus, what is the future of tennis in the US? Will these 2 tournaments even survive? How is attendance?

I was thinking the same thing...this is :bs:. In the metro Detroit area, you have to subscribe to the most expensive premium high definition package to get the Tennis Channel. I may be addicted to tennis...but if I paid that much per month just to watch it, I believe my family would stage an intervention and send me to Betty Ford. :)

I thought the USTA was trying to expand the popularity of tennis...then they go and switch IW to an exlusive channel and reduce viewership. Makes perfect sense. (rant over)

Kipling
Mar 14th, 2010, 01:01 AM
How is attendance?

Re: Miami: never better. Last year it was packed. Expect more of the same in 2010.

Serena y Monica
Mar 14th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Geez guys how much more is it to get tennis channel . Bleve me it's worth it. Esp. during Slams there's a week and a 1/2 of blessed relief from Carillo McEnroe Fowler et. al. where you can watch any match you want and actually hear the match and not their inane chatter.

In The Zone
Mar 14th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Finally, Tennis Channel is being a, you know, tennis channel. Opening to ending coverage of IW and Miami. This is amazing. AND, not just ATP this time!

Bout damn time. :D