PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a Canadian movie!

apple123
Mar 11th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Not sure of my luck here. Since many Canadians on board, I'll give it a go. I'm looking for a Canadian movie I watched a couple of years ago, but I forgot the name. Damn it! Now I wanna see it again.

The movie is a bit like Superbad/American Pie, growing-up theme. A group of boys are going to celebrate their last year in high school by throwing a huge party. I remember one of them is a rich black kid who is a rebel, deals drugs and has conflict with his family. Another one is a footballer or sth, struggling with his relationships with gf, teammates, friends from his small circle and a geeky girl fancying him. And there is also a shy boy who fancies a beauty queen but has no courage to approach. So they send out the invitations for the party at the rich black kid's. The shy boy got the booze with a fake ID and became a hero. As the party goes on, a lot of drama and twists. The footballer got into a fight with a jock from another team because he thought his gf cheated on him with this guy. The shy boy finally worked up the courage to talk to the girl with the power of a cristal champagne. The rich kid found out his dad's watch collection got stolen. The party went out of control. The next morning they all had to deal with the aftermath. But happy ending nevertheless.

Pretty much that's it. For a teenage movie, it has its moment and the acting is actually good, which is why I wanna see it again. Anyone to the rescue? Just tell me the name, please. Thanks!

Barrie_Dude
Mar 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Try this database:

http://www.northernstars.ca/

apple123
Mar 11th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks man. The only problem is I can't remember the name of the movie nor the actors. I clearly know I checked it out on imdb when I first saw it. Now with no clue I can't search it again.

Barrie_Dude
Mar 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Wish I could help further

apple123
Mar 12th, 2010, 02:52 PM
No problem, man. I really appreciate it. Funny thing, this site constantly went down. Just my luck, I guess, lol.

XaDavK_Kapri
Mar 12th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Do you remember around what years the movie was made ?

apple123
Mar 13th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Do you remember around what years the movie was made ?

I vaguely remember it's released in 2007 or 2008. I really should pay more attention...

apple123
Mar 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Anyone got a cule? Thanks