PDA

View Full Version : Actor Corey Haim Found Dead, Suspected Overdose

young_gunner913
Mar 10th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Eighties teen idol Corey Haim died Wednesday morning of an apparent drug overdose, according to Los Angeles police.

The Canadian-born actor, who starred in "The Lost Boys" but was probably best known for his roles with fellow actor Corey Feldman, was 38.

He was found unresponsive at his Oakwood apartment around 3:30 a.m.,according to KTLA-TV. His mother was at the apartment at the time of his death.

The actor, who has struggled with drug addiction, was pronounced dead at Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank.

Police were called to the hospital just before 4 a.m. to investigate his death.

Police sources told CBS Haim's death appeared accidental. Haim has been in and out of rehab and starred in a reality show with Feldman in 2007 called "The Two Coreys."

He talked about his struggle with drugs - specificially prescription drugs.

"I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck. But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day - the doctors could not believe I was taking that much," he told a reporter in 2007.

"And that was just the Valium - I'm not talking about the other pills I went through."

Haim's official website was last updated on Jan. 18 and promotes his upcoming film, a thriller titled "American Sunset."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/03/10/2010-03-10_actor_corey_haim_dead_at_38_overdose_suspected_ reports.html

Wowzer. RIP. :awww:

Rocketta
Mar 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM
yeah another celebrity who was suffering from 'flu' like symptoms before they died... :tape:

RIP Corey...

Kipling
Mar 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
85 valiums a day?

WTF?

delicatecutter
Mar 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
This is very sad news. :sad: Being an addict sucks.

Beat
Mar 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM
oh ... :sad:

just recently i watched "the lost boys", a great 80ies movie and the only movie joel schumacher didn't fuck up.

Freakan
Mar 10th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I can't remember when was the last time a celebrity died in a 'traditional' way :o

kwilliams
Mar 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM
R I P

Super Dave
Mar 10th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Sad...wonder what Corey Feldman's reaction was...

harloo
Mar 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM
So sad, I remember him from some of the 80's teen movies. It seems like most child stars from the 80's ended up with a substance abuse problem. RIP Corey!

slamchamp
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Child stars and drugs:rolleyes:

Frode
Mar 10th, 2010, 06:04 PM
So sad:sad:

R.I.P.

winone23
Mar 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Rip

saul1333
Mar 10th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Such a shame :sad: R.I.P.

I loved the Lost Boys and The Two Coreys..

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 10th, 2010, 06:50 PM
RIP Corey :sad:.

He showed so much promise as a child/teen actor. It;s too bad drugs got in the way of his career. One of my fave Corey movies as a kid was License To Drive. :drive:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM
You know, i was just taking a look at his Filmography on IMDB.com and was amazed at how many projects he'd just completed and had in the works. He even had a couple movies in pre-production that he was producing and directing. These films may not have been A-class films, but it seems he was heading in the right direction. Corey :hug:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000433/ << Filmography

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Sad...wonder what Corey Feldman's reaction was...

I was awakened at 8:30 this morning by my brother and sister knocking on my bedroom door. They informed me of the loss of my brother Corey Haim. My eyes weren’t even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face. I am so sorry for Corey, his mother Judy, his family, my family, all of our fans, and of course my son who I will have to find a way to explain this to when he gets home from school. This is a tragic loss of a wonderful,beautiful,tormented soul, who will always be my brother,family, and best friend. We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference. Please respect our families as we struggle and grieve through this difficult time. I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived. ~ Corey Feldman :sad:

zvonarevarulz
Mar 10th, 2010, 08:15 PM
:sad:

young_gunner913
Mar 10th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I was awakened at 8:30 this morning by my brother and sister knocking on my bedroom door. They informed me of the loss of my brother Corey Haim. My eyes weren’t even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face. I am so sorry for Corey, his mother Judy, his family, my family, all of our fans, and of course my son who I will have to find a way to explain this to when he gets home from school. This is a tragic loss of a wonderful,beautiful,tormented soul, who will always be my brother,family, and best friend. We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference. Please respect our families as we struggle and grieve through this difficult time. I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived. ~ Corey Feldman :sad:

awww poor corey feldman.

A Magicman
Mar 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
RIP

Another one from the Golden Generation of my youth died way too early.

Keadz
Mar 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I just watched the Lost Boys, completely randomly the other day. Straannnggee.

Sad loss.