PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm being watched

dementieva's fan
Mar 10th, 2010, 08:37 AM
This is not a joke. Every night at around 2 am I go out for a walk and everytime I reach a specific point, one specific street light always turns off. Initially I thought it was a motion detector or something but I've been paying close attention for the past few days and the light seems to turn off only for me and not for any other pedestrians or cars. It's the same street light and it always happens when I reach the same point it is not always the xeact same point but it is usually withing 10 feet. It's starting to creep me out. :scared: Anyone has a normal explanation for what this is about?

Pasta-Na
Mar 10th, 2010, 08:41 AM
first ghost rxxx ... then stalker... now "being watched". :o

Petkorazzi
Mar 10th, 2010, 08:42 AM
^ We already had a similar topic :lol: Some guy was saying the neighbour was watching him masturbating :spit:

So Disrespectful
Mar 10th, 2010, 09:20 AM
If you leave for your walk at different times, you probably won't have this problem.

ampers&
Mar 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
This is not a joke. Every night at around 2 am I go out for a walk and everytime I reach a specific point, one specific street light always turns off. Initially I thought it was a motion detector or something but I've been paying close attention for the past few days and the light seems to turn off only for me and not for any other pedestrians or cars. It's the same street light and it always happens when I reach the same point it is not always the xeact same point but it is usually withing 10 feet. It's starting to creep me out. :scared: Anyone has a normal explanation for what this is about?
You know it's weird, but I've had a similar thing happening to me. :eek: Every morning, at around 6:30AM, this weird alarm sound (sort of a "BEEP BEEP" sound) wakes me up. Initially I thought it was an emergency alert of a serious accident or something but I've been paying close attention for the past few days and the sound only seems to go off for me (the noise is coming from my night stand) and not for any of my roommates. It's always the same alarm sound and it always happens at the same point in the morning. Sometimes it occurs every 15 minutes in the morning too (STARTING AT 6:30AM :unsure: ). Anyway, it's starting to creep me out. :scared: Anyone has a normal explanation for what this is about?

Hayato
Mar 10th, 2010, 09:46 AM
It's probably just Dumbledore trying to tell you that you're a wizard. ;)

Seriously, maybe take your walk at a different time. And if it happens again, then it really is Dumbledore.

dementieva's fan
Mar 10th, 2010, 10:05 AM
If you leave for your walk at different times, you probably won't have this problem.

I do, as I said I go out around 2. Sometimes it's 1:30 sometimes 2:15, 2:30. It's not like I make a point to get out exactly at 2. The funny thing is that the light behaves funny both while I'm leaving and while I'm coming back.

Even if we assume that nothing creepy is going on and this is a motion detector is there any logical reason why the light would go off? The motion detectors in the houses usually switch the flood lights on when someone passes, I've never heard of lights turning off esp street lights.

Noctis
Mar 10th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Go out there,ragsack him and give him a good wack.

Sally Struthers
Mar 10th, 2010, 01:51 PM
First of all why are you walking every night at 2 am? :shrug: ...

It's probably a problem with the photoreceptor that is responsible for detecting light levels to tell the light to turn on and off. I would guess that while it does turn on when you walk by, it is doing that at all hours of the day intermittently.

delicatecutter
Mar 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Go out there,ragsack him and give him a good wack.

What kind of a wack? :speakles:

Kart
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:42 PM
The police have you under surveillance.

With your late night street walks, they probably think you're a prostitute.

Barrie_Dude
Mar 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
You know it's weird, but I've had a similar thing happening to me. :eek: Every morning, at around 6:30AM, this weird alarm sound (sort of a "BEEP BEEP" sound) wakes me up. Initially I thought it was an emergency alert of a serious accident or something but I've been paying close attention for the past few days and the sound only seems to go off for me (the noise is coming from my night stand) and not for any of my roommates. It's always the same alarm sound and it always happens at the same point in the morning. Sometimes it occurs every 15 minutes in the morning too (STARTING AT 6:30AM :unsure: ). Anyway, it's starting to creep me out. :scared: Anyone has a normal explanation for what this is about?
Either a watch alarm is on or your phone alarm. :cuckoo:

spiritedenergy
Mar 11th, 2010, 04:39 PM
why on earth do you go for a walk at 2 am? Don't you sleep at night? It also can be very dangerous depending on where you live...

ampers&
Mar 12th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Either a watch alarm is on or your phone alarm. :cuckoo:
:sobbing:

I would have never figured it out without you.