PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear when you play tennis?

bruintennis
Mar 10th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Not sure which forum does this belong to? But I realize we talk a lot about what the player wears when they play, but what about us? What about the people who are the market of all these tennis ad campaign? I'm interested to see what everyone wear when they play? Do you wear just whatever t-shirts, or do you have your favorite shirt or shorts and for the ladies, do you have a lucky tank or lucky dress that makes you feel special when you're on the court?

If you don't mind, take a picture and post it up here and share. My favorite so far is an ombre zip up jacket I got from urbanoutfitter. I'm not quite traditional when it comes to attire, but this is quite sporty but stylish at the same time.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y08jPYphm4A/S5b2KEBYTRI/AAAAAAAAAEU/nGStfTtmMwQ/s1600-h/DSC04509.JPG

~{X}~
Mar 10th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I wear Adidas stuff. Currently I'm sporting the same shirt Verdasco wore last US Open, but in a red, not the yellow orange he had.

darrinbaker00
Mar 10th, 2010, 04:48 AM
I am a Nike man through and through. :bounce:

Lin Lin
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Anta:lol:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:23 AM
With the shirt of my football team , brand Umbro

AcesHigh
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I wear shorts.. as long as their mesh and comfortable but I usually go with Adidas.
For a shirt, my favorite is an Under Armour shirt I have from my school. I sweat a lot and get tired fast so anything that keeps me as cool as possible is good.

zvonarevarulz
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Absolutely nothing. In.The.Nude.

Obviously I'm joking. I'm a Nike girl;)

Tennisstar86
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Dry-fit Shorts and then Depending on what kind of workout I'm looking for....Either a lightweight dry fit shirt of a heavy one....... Nike's the best. though they have a basic dry-fit shirt that pretty much feels like you arent wearing anything for 15 bucks.....

I like to play and play better in just normal t-shirts, but i sweat too much and I have no desire to be that tool changing shirts every 4 games...

one armband to wipe the sweat from my forehead before serve...

Lin Lin
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:34 AM

Obviously I'm joking. I'm a Nike girl;)

Wow,that's would be so cool:D,you should try not just joking:yeah::lol:

zvonarevarulz
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Wow,that's would be so cool:D,you should try not just joking:yeah::lol:

:eek: I'm a mom! That would be scandalous!:p

thegreendestiny
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:50 AM
To be fair, Adidas outfits worn by Ivanovic are wearable and good looking without drawing sandal or attention. No decent and morally upright woman in their right mind would wear something like the ones Maria, Serena or her sister wear.

~Eclipsed~
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I usually wear old t-shirts and basketball shorts.

I tried getting into dry fit shirts that is made for tennis, but I find that when you start sweating the smell becomes pretty potent. Not sure why, but in any case I avoid wearing them. :p

saska77
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:56 AM
NIKE from top to bottom, but I am a proud owner of Prince jogging bottoms that I wear if it is freezing cold with my big fat Nike comfy hoodie! (It has been stupidly cold in UK and our tennis hall does not have a heating) I actually considered wearing a glove on the hand not holding tennis racket, but that was playing havoc with my ball toss...

Nike Zoom trainers, same as Maria wears. They are fab lightweight and fit like a glove on my ridiculously narrow foot. They were hard to find and now I can not find another pair anywhere

Caralenko
Mar 10th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Whatever's comfortable. Usually just black work out clothes.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vv1ceb.png

Svetlana)))
Mar 10th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I come from a super conservative society and my dreams of being a professional tennis player are pretty much zilch or laughed at. I play against my wall at home alot and i taught myself to play tennis. I am expected to become a lawyer or doctor or something but being a professional athlete is unheard of.

Cakeisgood
Mar 10th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Love Nike Clothes, but I can't break away from my barricades :hearts:

Keegan
Mar 10th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I wear a light blue/dark blue Adidas top, shorts from Loughborough University which belonged to my brother and blue and white Adidas shoes. Sometimes I'll wear a black jumper or black trousers or both on top of that. If I don't wear that, I wear a white shirt with red Nike shorts.

s_j
Mar 10th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm a Nike boy through and through. I love my Nadal/Federer style clothes.

Noctis
Mar 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Nothing but my pants usually we play strip tennis in our own court

Rix643
Mar 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
:eek: I'm a mom! That would be scandalous!:p

No, that would be enticing.. ;)

Richie's
Mar 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Currently, stuff from Asics! Just super and unique lines!

rockstar
Mar 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I come from a super conservative society and my dreams of being a professional tennis player are pretty much zilch or laughed at. I play against my wall at home alot and i taught myself to play tennis. I am expected to become a lawyer or doctor or something but being a professional athlete is unheard of.

as a fellow singaporean, what nonsense are you sprouting? you make singapore sound like the middle east. and lotsa ppl take tennis lessons, maybe since you had none that's why people laugh at your dreams

LudwigDvorak
Mar 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
When it's hot, a pair of regular shorts and a t-shirt. If it's cold, a pullover and a pair of thick pajama bottoms.

I'm classy.

fouc
Mar 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
some shorts + some t-shirt :cuckoo:

miffedmax
Mar 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Whatever's clean. Mostly t-shirts and old shorts. When it comes to labels, I'm more likely to spend the money on my son. He used to wear Reebok, but since they killed their tennis line he wears more Nike stuff now. We are lucky enough to live near a Nike outlet. On the other hand, he's growing. Every tournament it seems we're popping into said outlet for a new shirt, sweats, shoes, something.

My stuff comes from the House of Tarjay.

youizahoe
Mar 10th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Nike.

Juanes
Mar 10th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Nike :D

GracefulVenus
Mar 10th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Thrift Store Clothes. I get meshlike tops for 1.99 (sleeveless and sleeves)and mesh Reebok shorts for 3.99. Most of the clothes have no logos though. I'm cheap, but you couldn't tell if you were playing me. ;)

The Witch-king
Mar 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I just rock my stunna shades, a t shirt, shorts and my lucky red underwear :p

maha789
Mar 29th, 2010, 05:40 AM
i play tennis. you can get a tennis skirt from nike or lululemon athletica. they are cool because they have the little pocket underneath the skirt where you can keep an extra ball. and of course there are built in shorts underneath.

or you could just wear regular running shorts or something. it's good to have a pocket though so that you can always have an extra ball with you. have fun!

no-hay-igual
May 5th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Nike through and through. Love Nadal's style.

Sean.
May 5th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Where did you say you practiced & when? :devil::p

fufuqifuqishahah
May 6th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Thrift Store Clothes. I get meshlike tops for 1.99 (sleeveless and sleeves)and mesh Reebok shorts for 3.99. Most of the clothes have no logos though. I'm cheap, but you couldn't tell if you were playing me. ;)

this is hot :D

i love wearing short shorts when i play ;)

and i also had this one shirt once and i cut it so it opened completely on the side lol, it was hot ;)

Joe.
May 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Depends...I have an Adidas outfit and a Nike outfit for matches.

For training, I'll just wear a cotton t-shirt with my shorts and beautiful Nike Court Ballistic Trainers. :inlove:

Carotastrophe
May 10th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Nike dresses. Particularly the ones in pink, such as the Break Point Dress. Thats for matches and special training sessions. For normal training, just a cotton T-shirt and a long skort.

Shafanovic.
May 15th, 2010, 03:09 AM
adidas or nike.

i have about 3 pairs of each and just wear whatever i feel like that day. always nike shoes though ;)

Ben.
Dec 15th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Most of the time a white w/navy blue stripes Adidas Clima Cool shirt & white Adidas tennis shorts with an Adidas hat & Adidas Barricade shoes.

S'times I'll wear Lacoste shirts with either Puma, Nike or whatever pants are available.

Sammo
Dec 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
adidas shorts, and I've got lots of polo shirts and t-shirts, now in winter I wear a black termic shirt under the t-shirt, also I use adidas shoes.

Uranium
Dec 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Adidas.

程如是
Dec 29th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Nike through

Jess-Avery
Dec 29th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I wear all Adidas stuff like t-shirts and short nicker. But in color there is no choice, I wear always black. . . :D

Corona personal training gym (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAcpLnaK8I)

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Lacoste Polos (Red, Blue, or Black) or Hollister Polos (Green, Orange, White) with White Unbranded Shorts, Nike Trainers.

Moveyourfeet
Dec 30th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I wear a variety of brands but my favourite is addidas.
My shoes of choice are the Adidas barricades, which are simply the best tennis shoes I've ever worn.

ezone
Jan 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM
Yonex

Sombrerero loco
Jan 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
adidas^^

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
I love the polo shirts from Nike. I think they look nice on me and they're comfy too.

UltimateAmelie
Jan 3rd, 2011, 04:43 AM
I wear climacool adidas shorts and adidas climacool t-shirts (usually red).
I guess that's my Canada side.
As for shoes, I wear Adidas Barricade yellow/black.

PlayByPlay
Jan 10th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I do love Puma gears. Racer back tops are very hot and shorts does it for me.

Costagirl
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:07 PM
i love this thread actually. I am 5.0 30something player/teaching pro...i see it all on the courts. I typically play in skirt, barricade, and street graphic T or tank....
I sometimes laugh when people spend so much on the technical properties marketers drill into us to pay more for their product. The fact is many of don't play to the level of needing breathability, moisture wicking, coolmax, quick dry. And so many times the big manufactures look the same or are boring. So, I just roll on my own and try to lend a little of my own 'flavor' out on the court. Long live street & sport mixed!!
www.costagirl.com

Costagirl
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:09 PM
oh ya i do love me some puma or adidas originals tees!

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 12th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I take the Bethanie Mattek-Sand approach to tennis wear, short shorts and a tank.
Of course the short shorts are Wilson and the tank is Diesel.

Lunaticalm
Jan 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM
In my perfect world I would love to play in Adidas, Adidas and Adidas Y3. And also Yonex, very nice quality clothing.

goat
Jan 17th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I wear clothes that tennis players don't usually wear.
I am a bit of a weirdo. I like to play in black xxxl jumpers and bright coloured shorts.
When I liked wearing brands (when I thought that's what made a tennis player) I wore nike but I think it is pointless it didn't make me play better tennis. I just got back from tennis about 3 hours ago and I haven't got changed (lazy) I'll take a photo of what I am wearing.

SwissMiss19
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I mostly wear Nike - but I can't stand the crap they're making nowadays so I wear the old Maria Sharapova dresses. I've been blessed with her figure so they fit me great. I wear the 3 quarter length fall Nike shirts in the winter and black leggings that stop below my knees with a skirt or shorts over them. During the summer I wear nothing but shorts, skirts, and dresses (for tournaments).

goat
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:40 AM
>During the summer I wear nothing but shorts, skirts, and dresses (for tournaments).
>I wear nothing but shorts, skirts, and dresses
>I wear nothing but shorts, skirts
>Nothing but shorts and skirts

:eek::lol:

nikole
Jan 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
I usually wear old t-shirts and basketball shorts.

I tried getting into dry fit shirts that is made for tennis, but I find that when you start sweating the smell becomes pretty potent. Not sure why, but in any case I avoid wearing them. :p

NIKE from top to bottom, but I am a proud owner of Prince jogging bottoms that I wear if it is freezing cold with my big fat Nike comfy hoodie! (It has been stupidly cold in UK and our tennis hall does not have a heating) I actually considered wearing a glove on the hand not holding tennis racket, but that was playing havoc with my ball toss...

Carotastrophe
Jan 24th, 2011, 11:44 AM
For tournaments and matches, Nike. Mostly Vika's Line.
For training...Nike as well, with track suit pants

Vincey!
Jan 24th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I wear my normal clothes :p lol Boardshorts and tshirt lol

Sammo
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I would definately love to play tennis naked, you know you just lock yourself on an indoors tennis court and that's it :lol:

Adrian.
Jan 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Adidas Shirts and Jako shorts :) :hearts:
Shirts in red, blue, black and yellow/orange :) :)

Shanerio
Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
I love to play tennis and love to watch all the matches. I wear Head Tennis Shoes, t shirt, shorts when play tennis.

Zoran :)
Nov 3rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Adidas always because Ana and Novak before ;)

tennispro711
Dec 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM
ALWAYS Nike clothes and ascics footwear and OF COURSE my Eaziace

uchickenvn
Dec 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM
I go to the tennis court straight from my office without changing. (My W/L record is 30+/5 :devil:)

The Kiwi Fan
Mar 19th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Puma or Addidas shorts, and Addidas Shirts.

Have a red and blue shirt made of that material that I never remember what its called, but the pro's wear it always. Soft, kinda silky, but sport material.

scolars
Apr 16th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I start playing in 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Easter 2014!
RSorder Pandora's Box - Find Easter Eggs at rsorder.com

Kiwi Claire
May 2nd, 2014, 04:41 AM
I like to wear shorts and a singlet. When it's colder I like to wear a couple of layers on my chest, but still prefer short sleeves and shorts as I can get hot quick. I don't have to wear brands but found some nice gear and all the tennis requirements I wanted actually, on a website exerciseandtennis.com

volley collie
May 10th, 2014, 03:13 AM
No decent and morally upright woman in their right mind would wear something like the ones Maria, Serena or her sister wear.

Quite. I favour a traditional cotton gown with lightweight hoop bustle, ankle-length skirt and wide brimmed hat. On wretched sultry summer evenings I find I can switch from hat to bandeaux without receiving the sanctimony you justly serve on Serena and her sister. Still, if truth be told I feel palpably sequestered in the male changing room.

Idemo
May 10th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Quite. I favour a traditional cotton gown with lightweight hoop bustle, ankle-length skirt and wide brimmed hat. On wretched sultry summer evenings I find I can switch from hat to bandeaux without receiving the sanctimony you justly serve on Serena and her sister. Still, if truth be told I feel palpably sequestered in the male changing room.

GOAT first post. :spit: :hysteric: Welcome to TF. :wavey:

volley collie
May 23rd, 2014, 12:14 AM
Says you! Hatless in loathsome Amarantine ruffles. A fugue of undergarment, perspiration and blithe effervescence. Senior Member? Go chase yourself. Hardly the cancelled-stamp are you? And the grip is all wrong.

Not wishing to appear a bluenose I steer male neophytes to the implausibly capacious Nike Net Short, inside which I habitually pocket ELEVEN tennis balls while practicing my serve.

ELEVEN!

bsza
May 23rd, 2014, 01:20 AM
Adidas, big time, I always love playing in flashy, bright outfits.

Andersen2708
Jul 9th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Hi

Anyone have any experience with the new Adidas Barricades 8+? Also i prefer playing with the old V-classic, but i think the new model is very good but haven't tryout yet.

link: http://tennisexpress.7eer.net/c/96852/124234/2591?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tennisexpress.com%2Fcatego ry.cfm%2Ftennis%2Fadidas-mens-tennis-shoes

The Kiwi Fan
Jul 13th, 2014, 02:31 AM
So many fake accounts here. GTFO no one is clicking your links

Cominupshort
Jul 16th, 2014, 02:13 AM
I generally try to pick something that'll even out my tan. Haha. I just usually wear some comfortable - usually mesh - shorts or my adidas track pants that i've had forever and a comfortable t-shirt or tank top. Also, can't play tennis without my Nike visor or ball cap. It's a big help keeping my eyes free. lol