PDA

View Full Version : The SOAP OPERA thread!

Monirena Wiles
Mar 9th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I can't be the only person on this board who loves to watch Soap Operas- so here is our soap thread. Through the years I have seen most of the current soaps that are on air. But the best soap of all time was Santa Barbara!!! Soaps are not as good as they used to be but they still are good source of mindless entertainment. Sad to see 'As The World Turns' get cancelled. Last year 'Guiding Light' was canceled so soaps are becoming extinct. Pretty soon there will be no more. 'Days of Our Lives' is in talks to extend there contract but if it doesn't happen that soap will be off the air at the end of the year.

So what soaps do you guys watch and who are your favorite couples and storylines?

doni1212
Mar 9th, 2010, 05:39 PM
General Hospital hands down, :worship:

I love anything with Sonny and his mob boss scenes, :lol:
:drool:

WowWow
Mar 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM
:inlove:

I love the ones from South America :hearts:

Monirena Wiles
Mar 9th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I heard that Soap Operas from other countries end. They don't drag out for 25 years like they do in America. That would be cool if they did that hear, then again I am so attached to some characters it would be sad to see them go.

timafi
Mar 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
All My Children for me:bowdown:

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I heard that Soap Operas from other countries end. They don't drag out for 25 years like they do in America. That would be cool if they did that hear, then again I am so attached to some characters it would be sad to see them go.

of course they end.

most Soap Operas in Latinamerica last less than a year. of course the ones that become a success last longer, but at most for 2 years.

my favorites are Thalia´s soap operas.:o

I grew upt with them...........Marimar is the best :rocker::lol:
my favorites are:
Cuna de Lobos
Quinceañera:o
Esmeralda
Mirada de Mujer
Mientras Haya Vida
Yo soy Betty la Fea:worship:
Corazón Salvaje (the 1994 version, the new one fucking sucks)
Pedro el escamoso :rocker:
Los Ricos también lloran:worship:

but my all time favorite is :
Café con Aroma de mujer :worship::worship:
by far the best one I´ve seen, beautiful history, beautiful Colombian places and lovely Colombian accent:inlove:

Milito22
Mar 9th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Brasil
O Clone :worship:
A duas Caras
Señora del Destino
Cobras e lagartos
Isaura la Esclava
Roque Santeiro

Mejico
Quinsiañera
Los ricos tambien lloran
Los parientes pobres
Dos mujeres un camino
Maria Mercedes
Marimar

Argentina
Muñeca Brava
La extraña Dama
Soy Gitano

Venezuela
Niña Bonita
Topasio
Cristal

Colombia
Betty La fea
La tormenta
Escalona

Chile
La fiera
Jaque Mate

:hearts:

Julian.
Mar 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I'm following Kyle Lewis and Oliver Fish (Kish) gay storyline in "One Life To Live" at Youtube. :rolls:

http://tvguidemagazine.com/images/uploads/2009/10/8678.soaps_lg_fish_kyle.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fa/Fishkyle.PNG/220px-Fishkyle.PNGhttp://media.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/118217_0085_pre-550x391.jpg

The guy on the left in the 1st and 2nd pics is Scott Evans (as oliver Fish) who is Chris Evans' little gay brother, btw.

Infiniti2001
Mar 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Damn Proctor& Gamble. First they canceled Another World and Guiding Light , and now As the World Turns :fiery: I'm not sorry I stopped purchasing their products all those years ago :rolleyes:

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Brasil
O Clone :worship:
A duas Caras
Señora del Destino
Cobras e lagartos
Isaura la Esclava
Roque Santeiro

Mejico
Quinsiañera
Los ricos tambien lloran
Los parientes pobres
Dos mujeres un camino
Maria Mercedes
Marimar

Argentina
Muñeca Brava
La extraña Dama
Soy Gitano

Venezuela
Niña Bonita
Topasio
Cristal

Colombia
Betty La fea
La tormenta
Escalona

Chile
La fiera
Jaque Mate

Es México no Mejico

Niña Fea:(:p

Freakan
Mar 9th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I watched Maria La Del Bario when I was little :lol:

Milito22
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Es México no Mejico

Niña Fea:(:p

:lol: no soy MeXicana nena mala :ras:, q se Yo siempre crei q era Mejico!!! :awww:

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Para los españoles si es Méjico, así lo escriben, pero para el resto de los hispanoparlantes la única grafía considerada correcta es con la "x".
En Argentina también se escribe con "x" :shrug:
Es algo complicado eso del nombre de mi país, de acuerdo al uso de la "x" en Náhuatl y español de México se debería pronunciar Meshico y no Mejico, por eso muchos lo escriben con "j" :lol:

Niña Fea :( :p

Milito22
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Para los españoles si es Méjico, así lo escriben, pero para el resto de los hispanoparlantes la única grafía considerada correcta es con la "x".
En Argentina también se escribe con "x" :shrug:
Es algo complicado eso del nombre de mi país, de acuerdo al uso de la "x" en Náhuatl y español de México se debería pronunciar Meshico y no Mejico, por eso muchos lo escriben con "j" :lol:

Niña Fea :( :p

Nena Mala :ras:

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I watched Maria La Del Bario when I was little :lol:

:rocker2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTPrgTbxhg

Thalía and her Marías trilogy :worship::hearts:
María la del Barrio
Marimar
María Mercedes..........pa´ servirle a uste´ :lol:

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Nena Mala :ras:

:rolls:

soy la mala Rodríguez:lol::lol:

Niña Fea:p:kiss:

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Brasil

Isaura la Esclava

I totally forgot about this one:worship:

what a good telenovela:worship:

wich one did you see???
the old one or the new one??:D

Milito22
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:52 PM
:rolls:

soy la mala Rodríguez:lol::lol:

Niña Fea:p:kiss:

Amo a la Mala Rodriguez :hearts:

Pureracket
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Clearly, Young & The Restless is the best soap opera of all time. Anywhere. Ever!

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM
oh and "Más sabe el diablo" is by far the best telemundo soap opera I´ve seen.

:inlove:

Jeancarlos Canela, Gaby Espino and Miguel Varoni :inlove: :drool: I don´t think we´ll see such hot 3 leading roles like that

Milito22
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I totally forgot about this one:worship:

what a good telenovela:worship:

wich one did you see???
the old one or the new one??:D

both, im too old :sobbing:

Danči Dementia
Mar 9th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I only saw the old version like 4 years ago in a soap opera channel 24 hrs :eek:

I´m young Niña fea :p :lol:

:kiss:

Slutati
Mar 10th, 2010, 01:13 AM
La Mujer De Judas was THE SHIT. OMG it was soooooo goood!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hs3fb6.gif

Danči Dementia
Mar 10th, 2010, 01:37 AM
oh La Mujer the Judas is awseome I´m in chapter 75 and its going gooooood :drool:

:worship:

Mattographer
Mar 10th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Home and Away - an Australian soap opera that going on since 1988. It has many Australian actors before they became famous in Hollywood such as Melissa George, Naomi Watts, Guy Pearce, Isla Fisher, Stephanie Chaves-Jacobsen, Tammin Sursok, Chris Hemsworth, Ryan Kwanten, Julian McMahon, Christopher Egan, Heath Ledger. That's all I can think of :lol:

Milito22
Mar 10th, 2010, 02:09 AM
O Clone, :drool:

0kDIUEGnkcE

Danči Dementia
Mar 10th, 2010, 02:24 AM
OMG.....Telemundo is showing a "refrito"of O Clone right now:o :lol:

PlayByPlay
Mar 11th, 2010, 01:48 AM
I remember the good old days of Dynasty and Santa Barbra.

tdot.
Mar 11th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Clearly, Young & The Restless is the best soap opera of all time. Anywhere. Ever!

:yeah:

Sir Stefwhit
Mar 11th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I remember the good old days of Dynasty and Santa Barbra.Yeah those were the good ol' days. I haven't watched soaps in over 10 years- they all suck now, but Santa Barbara used to be my shit!!! Cruz & Eden, Mason & Julia, and Kelly & Quinn. Now that was one hell of a soap. As for nighttime soaps I loved Dynasty too, also enjoyed the Colbys, but the best nighttime soap was Knotts Landing- damn that was good!!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9d/Santabarbaratitle.jpg/250px-Santabarbaratitle.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/Knots2.jpg

Monirena Wiles
Mar 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/soaps/one-life-to-live-kos-kish-4337.html

http://www.soapcentral.com/oltl/news/2010/0310-claywell_evans.php

Damn, I've been following the Kish storyline at youtube. :o They are such an adorable couple :lol:
Scott Evans is Chris Evans little gay brother who is publicly out, btw.

ABC has announced that it's made the difficult decision to bring to an end one of its most-talked about storylines. Brett Claywell and Scott Evans are out as Kyle and Oliver. The pair will remain in Llanview, but their on-screen time will come to an end in April.

It's the end of the line for one of One Life to Live's most popular couples. The ABC soap has confirmed that Brett Claywell (Kyle Lewis) and Scott Evans (Oliver Fish) will exit the show next month. The news comes only a few days after Evans denied talk that he wanted out of the show.

"We are concluding the story that we set out to tell with Kyle and Fish," executive producer Frank Valentini said in a statement. "We are very proud to have broken new ground with a same-sex couple on daytime."

Earlier this week, soapcentral.com first reported on the rumors stating that Evans was looking to leave the show. Evans, who has reportedly auditioned for at least one primetime project, took to Twitter to let fans know that he did not want to leave the show. Ultimately, though, Evans acknowledge that the decision was out of his hands.

"I have no plans to leave OLTL, everyone," Evans tweeted. "It's not even really in my hands!"

The pairing of Kyle and Fish -- known affectionately as Kish -- has helped to raise One Life to Live's visibility since their journey began last year. The two former frat brothers' blossoming relationship helped draw new viewers to the 41-year-old soap, viewers who might not have previously watched a soap, but tuned in because they were intrigued by a storyline that dealt with a topic they hadn't before seen addressed on daytime television. Mainstream gay and lesbian publications, including the Advocate and Instinct, also featured regular coverage of the story.

However, network officials reportedly were concerned that the couple did not catch on with a larger audience. TVGuide reports "the decision to drop the duo didn’t come easily."

In future story, Oliver will learn on March 29 that he's Sierra Rose's biological father. Oliver will eventually get custody of the infant, and he and Kyle will start their family together... off-screen. The pair is expected to last air sometime in mid-April.

Evans has been on recurring status since he made his One Life to Live debut in January 2008. Claywell, a contract player, bowed the following month, on February 24, 2009..Thanks.

Milito22
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:35 AM
:drool: "soy gitano", the best "telenovela" from Argentina!
zzO9CGXYDw4

dybbuk
Apr 10th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Emmerdale is my favourite. :sobbing: I download most episodes, saddo. Eastenders too, but I've gone off it since the New Year. All those stupid teenagers who can't act with their awful storylines.

cellophane
Apr 10th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Soaps suck (and I've seen lots :P) I loved this soap when I was a kid...

A Próxima Vítima

I liked that it was a mystery soap...it made it stand out IMO

This scene is seriously scary :scared: and so soapy but well acted.

cn6OzUsbRAk

Joana
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I loved the Argentinian "Resistiré". :rocker2:

Milito22
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I loved the Argentinian "Resistiré". :rocker2:

"Resistire" was very successful :)

Joana
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
That's because it rocked.

дalex
Apr 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I liked Laços de Família. Damn that was long time ago. :lol:

Talula
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:32 PM
When I lived in America I loved The Young and The Restless and sometimes wonder what happened to the characters. I loved Nicky - she was beautiful.

British SOs are dire - I can't watch them, though I do have a soft spot for Barbra Windsor as a performer and person.

Talula
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Soaps suck (and I've seen lots :P) I loved this soap when I was a kid...

A Próxima Vítima

This scene is seriously scary :scared: and so soapy but well acted. I can't believe that violence made it to TV though :scared:

cn6OzUsbRAk

:eek: No one stopped him kicking her!

Shinjiro
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Sometimes I watch Neighbours and Home and Away ahah, just indulging, freeleeching and bettering my ratio on private trackers. lol

cellophane
Apr 10th, 2010, 08:17 PM
:eek: No one stopped him kicking her!

If you think that's :eek:, it's kind of nothing compared to this :eek:

j88ckBSPl_k

I have to say I don't remember all the details... the actress who played Isabela was really good... she was such a good villain. But, yeah, the violence is a bit scary... the character had a scar in the rest of the series I think.

What made the show good was the mystery... it was really suspensful with all the serial killings going on (that's why it's called The Next Victim).

dybbuk
Apr 10th, 2010, 08:40 PM
When I lived in America I loved The Young and The Restless and sometimes wonder what happened to the characters. I loved Nicky - she was beautiful.

British SOs are dire - I can't watch them, though I do have a soft spot for Barbra Windsor as a performer and person.

I am the opposite. :lol: I think American soaps are awful and pander to their largest demographic, housewives. British soaps are far superior in my view.

moon
Apr 12th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah those were the good ol' days. I haven't watched soaps in over 10 years- they all suck now, but Santa Barbara used to be my shit!!! Cruz & Eden, Mason & Julia, and Kelly & Quinn. Now that was one hell of a soap. As for nighttime soaps I loved Dynasty too, also enjoyed the Colbys, but the best nighttime soap was Knotts Landing- damn that was good!!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9d/Santabarbaratitle.jpg/250px-Santabarbaratitle.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/Knots2.jpg

This :)
except i loved Dynasty and Dallas 20x more than Knots.
And besides Santa Barbara, GENERAL HOSPITAL was the best daytime soap in the 80s/90s!

Milito22
Oct 23rd, 2010, 11:03 PM
Lalola :inlove:

4hCPAYCW6uw

Kitten63
Oct 23rd, 2010, 11:19 PM
The young and the restless fan here. I love me some Chloe :hearts: