PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Bullock is the best and worst actress of 2009!

Julian.
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Isn't it funny that she won both awards in the same year? :rolls:

30th Golden Raspberry Awards
Worst Actress - Sandra Bullock in All About Steve

82nd Academy Awards
Best Actress - Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side

Has this happened before?

eck
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:26 AM
No :angel:

M.P
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM
this is awesome

young_gunner913
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM
:lol: is there anything you dont make threads about? :p

eck
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Whilst I'm happy for Sandra...I must say I'm a bit disappointed Meryl didn't win it.

No one should get snubbed like she. What, do we have to wait till 2013 (her last win was 1983) to see her win? :o

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Sandra :rocker: :bowdown:

Kovalchuk
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM
also the worst best actress of all time :p

Raiden
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:43 AM
:cheer:Yesssssssssssssssssss!:cheer:

That sudden standing ovation proved that she is not just respected but adored by her peers. Such a sweet woman.

And the fact that she came and accepted the Razzie award the previous day shows that she's good sports. She carries no hard feelings (quite unlike many previous, pompous and humorless primadonnas who think they're all that and only want to receive praises and ass-kissings.

So Disrespectful
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Well she does play the same character in every film, and in real life.

McPie
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Halle was done that before but not same year :rolls:

Julian.
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Halle was done that before but not same year :rolls:

The same year is more fascinating :hearts:

How could you be the best and worst actress of 2009 at the same time? :lol:

McPie
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:54 AM

god only knows :haha:

van£ss
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:01 AM
:woohoo: I've been a fan of Sandra Bullock for over a decade now , i'm really happy for her that she got that Oscar and for such a beautiful movie as The Blind Side .

She deserves it even though she had pretty bad movies in her career( like All about Steve ) but who did not ? :lol:

Well done Gracie Lou :yeah:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I don't know how anyone could be bitching about Bullock when the likes of Witherspoon, Berry, Jolie and, on top of this, Zellweger won Oscars in the past. At least Sandra seems to be a clever, funny and down-to-earth person.

MLF
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM
More impressed that she turned up in person to collect both awards. :D

timafi
Mar 8th, 2010, 12:22 PM
congrats Sandra:hatoff:

spec7er
Mar 8th, 2010, 12:49 PM
And she had two great speeches that accompanied those awards. :D

Beat
Mar 8th, 2010, 01:23 PM

oh, it's absolutely possible. even the best actors can deliver horrible performances under the wrong director or with a überbad script.

Freakan
Mar 8th, 2010, 02:00 PM
No it's not possible, they only give it to the biggest stars and popular movies because otherwise no one would give a shit about this "awards".

Michael!
Mar 8th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Congrats Sandra! :D
Oscar for half German at least :hearts: :lol:

Yarden
Mar 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM
haha, that's funny.
glad for her she won the best actress :worship:

kwilliams
Mar 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Whilst I'm happy for Sandra...I must say I'm a bit disappointed Meryl didn't win it.

No one should get snubbed like she. What, do we have to wait till 2013 (her last win was 1983) to see her win? :o

I'd love to see Meryl win again, too but she hasn't been snubbed. She has the most nominations of any actor, male or female, EVER! She gets nominated every couple of years, so the academy obviously quite like her.

Meryl never puts in a bad performance. She's solid and she's great in any genre of film. However, as much as it pains me to say it, she didn't deserve the win for J&J or The Devil Wears Prada. They were both very good performances that were comedic and quite nuanced but there wasn't a whole load of characterisation or depth of emotion. In the past few years she has taken lighter, more fun roles like these and roles in Mamma Mia and It's Complicated. When she returns to some meatier material in a big dramatic film, she'll get another oscar nod.

Regarding the subject of the thread - of course it's possible for an actor to put in a shit performance and a great performance in one year! I'm sure Sandra deserved both awards! She's underrated as a dramatic actor and maybe a little overrated as a comedic actress. I think people are really starting to see the oscars as awards based somewhat on a single performance and somewhat on career credentials and sometimes even based on potential. The oscar should be awarded to people based on a single piece of work.

ZODIAC
Mar 8th, 2010, 03:27 PM
who did Meryl Streep piss off in Hollywood,she has lost countless times and yet she is one of the best actresses ever.

Dodoboy.
Mar 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM
SO happppppppy!

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Do you really think the Oscars are a meritocracy?

I think the only nominated movies I saw were An Education and The Hurt Locker. They were both good, but will anybody still be watching them in 10 years? I kind of doubt it. Meanwhile, I introduced the youths to the Oscarless Rear Window the other night...

In The Zone
Mar 8th, 2010, 07:31 PM
who did Meryl Streep piss off in Hollywood,she has lost countless times and yet she is one of the best actresses ever.

She is one of the best. That's why she is getting nominated countless times, simply based on her name. This year, it was between Sandra and Gaby, easily. Getting nominated and winning are two different things. ;)

KournikovaFan91
Mar 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Do you really think the Oscars are a meritocracy?

I think the only nominated movies I saw were An Education and The Hurt Locker. They were both good, but will anybody still be watching them in 10 years? I kind of doubt it. Meanwhile, I introduced the youths to the Oscarless Rear Window the other night...

Rear window is amazing. :worship::worship:

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Rear window is amazing. :worship::worship:

That's what the boys said.

Nicolás89
Mar 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I don't know how anyone could be bitching about Bullock when the likes of Witherspoon, Berry, Jolie and, on top of this, Zellweger won Oscars in the past. At least Sandra seems to be a clever, funny and down-to-earth person.

So? Care to elaborate deeper?

PlayByPlay
Mar 8th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I guess it all boils down to the type of movies that an actor or actress chooses.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:24 PM
More impressed that she turned up in person to collect both awards. :D

This. Her Razzies speech was pretty funny too :worship:

Caralenko
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:31 PM

It's not like it was for the same movie :lol: Everyone is hyping it up like it means something.

Renée Zellweger and Angelina Jolie didn't win Best Actress you bint, they were Supporting. Did you even see Cold Mountain and Girl, Interrupted? :weirdo:

darkchild
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I'd love to see Meryl win again, too but she hasn't been snubbed. She has the most nominations of any actor, male or female, EVER! She gets nominated every couple of years, so the academy obviously quite like her.

Meryl never puts in a bad performance. She's solid and she's great in any genre of film. However, as much as it pains me to say it, she didn't deserve the win for J&J or The Devil Wears Prada. They were both very good performances that were comedic and quite nuanced but there wasn't a whole load of characterisation or depth of emotion. In the past few years she has taken lighter, more fun roles like these and roles in Mamma Mia and It's Complicated. When she returns to some meatier material in a big dramatic film, she'll get another oscar nod.

Regarding the subject of the thread - of course it's possible for an actor to put in a shit performance and a great performance in one year! I'm sure Sandra deserved both awards! She's underrated as a dramatic actor and maybe a little overrated as a comedic actress. I think people are really starting to see the oscars as awards based somewhat on a single performance and somewhat on career credentials and sometimes even based on potential. The oscar should be awarded to people based on a single piece of work.

I don't think comedy is the reason, last year she got nominated for Doubt and still lost.
I think because she has been consistently delivering high-quality performance, people don't have surprise any more and take it for granted.
I think Oscars is really different from Golden Globe, where they have two separate categories. Personally, I think comedy will always lose to drama. You just can't win without a good monologue. For instance, if Mo'nique had more time in Precious and Lionsgate pushed her for the leading nomination, she would have beaten both Sandra and Meryl.
Anyway, I am really not that impressed by the leading actresses this year. The actors have way better performances and it's always more competitive in that category, even though one usually ends up winning by a landslide in the end.

darkchild
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:35 PM
It's not like it was for the same movie :lol: Everyone is hyping it up like it means something.

Renée Zellweger and Angelina Jolie didn't win Best Actress you bint, they were Supporting. Did you even see Cold Mountain and Girl, Interrupted? :weirdo:

Jolie was also supporting.

van£ss
Mar 9th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Well thank god it's not for the same movie or it would be really ridiculous :unsure:
But it does mean something , like others said already it shows that your performance in a movie can go from awful to spectacular depending on lots of things . You can fail once but succeed the next time , there's hope for all the previous winners of the Razzie's Worst Actors/Actresses award :lol:

Petkorazzi
Mar 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Yay :banana: I adore her. :hearts:

--

Zellweger deserved that Oscar for sure! :rolleyes: She did flawless in Chicago.

So Disrespectful
Mar 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM

Watch Angelina in Girl, Interrupted! :hearts:

Slutiana
Mar 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM

Stop calling people bints. :rolleyes:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Bint is a rather good word...

Harju.
Mar 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Sandraownage <3

http://i46.tinypic.com/dpw8zq.gif

van£ss
Mar 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Haha awesome ! Sandra and Ellen together are just hilarious :

qY8irKq5yTA
s4XJVCdkBkU

Love her entrance :lol:

saul1333
Mar 9th, 2010, 05:52 PM
:haha: I wansn't aware she also got a Razzie..

At least she paid for her mistake by accepting it..

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Sandraownage <3

http://i46.tinypic.com/dpw8zq.gif

:bowdown:

stefi62
Mar 14th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I've seen both movies, and All about Steve is as terrible as The Blind side is very good. In my opinion, she deserves her Oscar. About Meryl Streep, honestly, I like her a lot, she is brilliant, but in Julie and Julia, come on! All she does in that movie is so overacted! I dont know that woman, Julia Child, I guess she is very famous in the USA but not here, and that tone of voice Meryl had for the whole movie really bothered me.
Anyways, well done Sandra!

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm anxious to see what type of role Sandra takes on next. She has allot of films listed as IN DEVELOPMENT (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000113/), but nothing that seems to be close to shooting. I just hope she stays away from rom-coms for awhile as she's been there done that :p.

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Haha awesome ! Sandra and Ellen together are just hilarious :

qY8irKq5yTA
s4XJVCdkBkU

Love her entrance :lol:

Indeed.:bowdown:

Deck
Mar 14th, 2010, 07:20 PM
She's neither.

stefi62
Mar 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I'm anxious to see what type of role Sandra takes on next. She has allot of films listed as IN DEVELOPMENT (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000113/), but nothing that seems to be close to shooting. I just hope she stays away from rom-coms for awhile as she's been there done that :p.

Same here. You can consider that after 46, it's time to stop Romantic Comedies, and consider another type of roles. Maybe then she'll start competing for roles with "her lover Meryl Streep"!!! ;)

van£ss
Mar 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Here's a short video of Sandra talking about her love for women's tennis :lol:

_YQpi1qBiCo

It's 50% off topic i know :angel: