PDA

View Full Version : Scotland :)

ce
Mar 8th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I need to make a presentation about Scotland :D
I am really excited i got this part of Europe :D
I need to write anything interesting about it, so if there is someone from there who can help me please do :D
anything interesting, business economy tourism anything
Thanko you :D
:wavey::bounce::cool:

Mina Vagante
Mar 8th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Haggis :p

kwilliams
Mar 8th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I've been to Glasgow and Edinburgh. They're both pretty nice.

Feel free to use any of my photos in your presentation. I'm sure you'll find better photos elsewhere but I might have a picture of something particular you would like. Idk.

Edinburgh:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/sets/72157601439224609/

Glasgow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/sets/72157601396358117/

Some not-so-general things I picked up on while I was there.
1) The weather is pretty horrendous...and that's coming from an Irish person!
2) People are thought of as being in poor shape in Scotland, especially in Glasgow. The city is famous for serving deep-fried Mars bars (Snickers, Twix etc.) in Fish and Chip shops. I did find the food in Glasgow very, very greasy.
3) In both cities I saw graffiti stating "Scots not Brits". Lots of Scottish people really don't like being called or thought of as British...think Andy Murray!
4) Some of the place names and urban planning in Edinburgh are quite interesting. Glasgow's industrial history is also quite interesting.

ce
Mar 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
thank you so much :inlove:
:dance:

Vanity Bonfire
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Talk about the Edinburgh Comedy Festival too.

Certinfy
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Andy Murray :shrug:

azdaja
Mar 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM
i was there back in 2006. the most interesting thing for me was people's palace, which is a sort of museum about the history of working class in glasgow. it would be a good topic for a presentation since glasgow is one of the oldest industrial cities in the world.

shirley
Mar 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM
We don't all support Rangers and Celtic. The Isle of Arran is beautiful and is known as Scotland in miniature because the north of the island is very like the highlands with mountains and the south of the island is like the south of scotland :)

Off the coast of Arran (nearby the village of Lamlash) is the Holy Island which is owned by the Samye Ling Buddhist Community. They have two buildings on the island. On the north side of the island is the centre for world peace and health and on the south side of the island is where nuns live undertaking a 3 year retreat. Apparently Richard Gere has visited the island.

ce
Mar 9th, 2010, 04:31 PM
thanks so much people :dance:

daniela86
Mar 9th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Send a PM to Chris 84 :p