PDA

View Full Version : Prop 8 Supporting Senator Caught Leaving Gay Club With Another Man

Tennisation
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Anti-Gay Lawmaker Reportedly at Gay Club Before DUI Arrest
FOXNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/ashburn2_monster_397x224.jpg

State Sen. Roy Ashburn is seen here in his booking photo at Sacramento County Jail.

A California state senator who reportedly has voted against every gay rights measure since he took office eight years ago was charged with driving under the influence on Wednesday, reportedly after leaving a gay nightclub in Sacramento.

Sen. Roy Ashburn, a Republican from Bakersfield, was spotted driving erratically at about 2 a.m. Wednesday in downtown Sacramento, officials said. He was arrested after taking a sobriety test, and he was taken to Sacramento County Jail, where he was administered a blood-alcohol test prior to being booked and released.

He was charged with two misdemeanors: driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 percent or higher.

Ashburn, a 55-year-old father of four, apologized for his actions.

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment," he said in a statement. "I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me -- my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

He was arrested after leaving Faces, a gay nightclub in midtown Sacramento, according to cbs13.com. A male passenger, who was not identified as a lawmaker, was also in the car but was not detained, the TV station reported.

A spokesman for Ashburn declined to comment to FoxNews.com regarding the nightclub allegations.

Ashburn, who served in the state Assembly from 1996 to 2002 before he was elected to the Senate, has voted against every gay rights measure since he became a senator, according to Project Vote Smart, a Web site that tracks voting records.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/04/anti-gay-lawmaker-reportedly-gay-club-dui-arrest/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fpolitics+%2528T ext+-+Politics%2529&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

mckyle.
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:57 PM
:worship:

Melange
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Republican in gay scandal :eek:

Certinfy
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:08 PM
:haha:

slamchamp
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:16 PM
lol what an idiot

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:21 PM
:happy:

PatrickRyan
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM
:haha: :bounce: That's karma bitch!

kwilliams
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM
^ Indeed.

moby
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I feel sorry for him.

Daniel K
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:54 PM
*smh* Good.

Mynarco
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Busted

mykarma
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:16 PM
FOXNews.com

State Sen. Roy Ashburn is seen here in his booking photo at Sacramento County Jail.

A California state senator who reportedly has voted against every gay rights measure since he took office eight years ago was charged with driving under the influence on Wednesday, reportedly after leaving a gay nightclub in Sacramento.

Sen. Roy Ashburn, a Republican from Bakersfield, was spotted driving erratically at about 2 a.m. Wednesday in downtown Sacramento, officials said. He was arrested after taking a sobriety test, and he was taken to Sacramento County Jail, where he was administered a blood-alcohol test prior to being booked and released.

He was charged with two misdemeanors: driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 percent or higher.

Ashburn, a 55-year-old father of four, apologized for his actions.

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment," he said in a statement. "I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me -- my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

He was arrested after leaving Faces, a gay nightclub in midtown Sacramento, according to cbs13.com. A male passenger, who was not identified as a lawmaker, was also in the car but was not detained, the TV station reported.

A spokesman for Ashburn declined to comment to FoxNews.com regarding the nightclub allegations.

Ashburn, who served in the state Assembly from 1996 to 2002 before he was elected to the Senate, has voted against every gay rights measure since he became a senator, according to Project Vote Smart, a Web site that tracks voting records.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/04/anti-gay-lawmaker-reportedly-gay-club-dui-arrest/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fpolitics+%2528T ext+-+Politics%2529&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Same shit different day.

Milito22
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:20 PM
stupid man

tennisbum79
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Same shit different day.
:tape:
I am beginning to believe the GOP is full of sexually repressed individuals whose way of coping is to public oppose anything having to do with sex, but privately engage in what they condemn publicly

MBM
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:27 PM
this has made my day!!! i love it!

tennisbum79
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I see him re-affriming hit faith to God and his wife (if hes has one) the next few days.

antonella
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe he was doing feeled research.

young_gunner913
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:26 PM
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :bowdown: I LOVE IT when this shit happens to anti-gay lawmakers. :drool:

I wonder if he went to Faces...

Tennisation
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I see him re-affriming hit faith to God and his wife (if hes has one) the next few days.He has a wife and 4 kids :tape:

Melange
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:09 AM
:tape:
I am beginning to believe the GOP is full of sexually repressed individuals whose way of coping is to public oppose anything having to do with sex, but privately engage in what they condemn publicly

:D just beginning to? Its nothing really, just shows how human he is. Like Sarah Palin campaigning about traditional family values while her high school daughter has a baby.

tennisbum79
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:29 AM
He has a wife and 4 kids :tape:
Well, there you go!

Next..
Prayer meeting at Crystal Cathedral to have his sin forgiven, therapy, then Larry King to talk about how much the family is now closer than ever, kicking off the start of (political) rehabilitation

Melange
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Maybe he can hire Tiger's speech writer

tennisbum79
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Maybe he can hire Tiger's speech writer
Depending who the audience would be.

If he is to give a speech (repent ask for forgiveness) in a church, preachers have no competition.
They are the best.
If he wants to be back in politics, Tiger Woods speech writer(Tiger Wood himself) would be an overkill.

Spitzer, Larry Kraig, Sanford are still around, although i the case of Sptizer he is no longer governor, but he is appearing on TV as "expert" again.

young_gunner913
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Well, there you go!

Next..
Prayer meeting at Crystal Cathedral to have his sin forgiven, therapy, then Larry King to talk about how much the family is now closer than ever, kicking off the start of (political) rehabilitation

you forgot the parts where he claims that hes an alcoholic and was molested as a child.

Melange
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Yeah, Tiger said the drug usage impaired his judgement

M2k
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Well I guess now I know why he was always so thoughtful and nice too me :tape::tape: Bakersfield is full of closet cases!

égalité
Mar 5th, 2010, 03:45 AM
expected

Bijoux0021
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Same shit different day.
EXACTLY!

I see him re-affriming hit faith to God and his wife (if hes has one) the next few days.
Yep, in a few days, we will read that he has entered a sex, drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. :lol: rolleyes

tommyk75
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Poor wife and kids... As for the guy himself, time for a hard look in the mirror...

HippityHop
Mar 5th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Depending who the audience would be.

If he is to give a speech (repent ask for forgiveness) in a church, preachers have no competition.
They are the best.
If he wants to be back in politics, Tiger Woods speech writer(Tiger Wood himself) would be an overkill.

Spitzer, Larry Kraig, Sanford are still around, although i the case of Sptizer he is no longer governor, but he is appearing on TV as "expert" again.

Craig is gone too, isn't he? And I believe that the only reason that Sanford wasn't impeached and removed is that (according to some) the Lt. Gov. of SC is an undercover gay man. It appears that the SC legislature prefers a straight ho to a gay ho.

Infiniti2001
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM
This is almost TOO predictable :o If they're anti-gay, they are either in the closet or hiding their adultery. The only real surprise here is that Fox News covered it :eek:

Golovinjured.
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I feel sorry for him.

Me too...

miffedmax
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:22 PM
FOXNews.com

"Can't you see I'm a fool
In so many ways?
But to lose all my senses...
That is just so typically me.
Baby, oh.

Oops!
... I did it again."

Singleniacki
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Lol!!!

hablo
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I don't feel sorry for him: you reap what you sow...

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 5th, 2010, 08:22 PM

Looking at his face, I'm surprised he likes anyone over the age of 16. :tape:

Daniel K
Mar 5th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I definitely don't feel sorry for him. He's a coward and a hypocrite that has now ruined the lives of his wife and children. I feel sorry for his family.

Direwolf
Mar 6th, 2010, 01:26 AM
doesnt really mean he is gay...
but whyis he against gay rights
when he has gay friends...

woosey
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/08/roy-ashburn-california-st_n_490605.html

Roy Ashburn, California State Senator, Says He's Gay After DUI Arrest
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Republican state Sen. Roy Ashburn said Monday he is gay, ending days of speculation that began after his arrest last week for investigation of driving under the influence.

Ashburn, who consistently voted against gay rights measures during his 14 years in statewide office, came out in an interview with KERN radio in Bakersfield, the area he represents.

Ashburn said he felt compelled to address rumors that he had visited a gay nightclub near the Capitol before his DUI arrest.

"I am gay ... those are the words that have been so difficult for me for so long," Ashburn told conservative talk show host Inga Barks.

The 55-year-old father of four said he had tried to keep his personal life separate from his professional life until his March 3 arrest.

"When I crossed the line and broke the law and put people at risk, that's different, and I do owe people an explanation," he said.

Ashburn was arrested after he was spotted driving erratically near the Capitol, according to the California Highway Patrol. Shelly Orio, a spokeswoman from the Sacramento County district attorney's office, said a breath test showed the senator's blood-alcohol level was .14 percent, or .06 points above the legal limit.

The next day, reports surfaced that Ashburn had left Faces, a gay nightclub, with an unidentified man in the passenger seat of his Senate-owned vehicle.

"The best way to handle that is to be truthful and to say to my constituents and all who care that I am gay," he said. "But I don't think it's something that has affected, nor will it affect, how I do my job."

woosey
Mar 8th, 2010, 09:44 PM
i don't generally think outing is a good thing, but for hypocrites like him, maybe it is.