PDA

View Full Version : North Korea tours :O

Just Do It
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
I believe this is the only tourist agency that is allowed to take foreign tourists to North Korea http://www.koryogroup.com/
1400 Euros for 5 nights or 1700 euros for 7 nights.
You get a guide who is following and video recording you ( !!! ) wherever you go :lol:
Tourists who came back said international airport and roads are completely empty, the whole country is out of electricity after 10 pm. Only a hotel where you are staying ( a huge 47 floor building ) has electricity ... well, only 2 floors where guests are staying :sobbing:
The best month to visit is august because that is a festival month in DPRK.
You also get to see Pyongyang metro ( the deepest in the world ). You go to two luxury stations which are overcrowded but locals are not allowed to look at you so you will see hundreds of people passing by with their heads turned in the other direction. No one saw other stations in Pyongyang but it is believed they are in ruins.
A must visit is a huge statue of Kim Il-sung where you will be forced to bow down 3 times and a US marine ship that was captured in Korean waters in 1968 :lol:

P.S From this year even US citizens can go :worship:

Anyone interested :scratch:

Barrie_Dude
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
:eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

KournikovaFan91
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
I actually was interested in that. I saw that site a few months ago, they have also expanded into Turkmenistan also.

I think it would be interesting.

Rising Sun
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Definitely something I'd love to do one day!

Hachiko
Mar 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
I went to the border which was enough. It would be a great thing to be able to say you've done though.

kris719
Mar 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
watch "The Vice Guide to North Korea" on youtube.

Halardfan
Mar 2nd, 2010, 09:36 PM
Would be incredibly grim, touring such an Orwellian state. Hopefully the regime will collapse peacefully one day, or undergo Gorbachev style reform...and then it's Korea can unite. Hope so.

ce
Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:01 PM
:spit:

barboza
Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:14 PM

Yes!!!!!

kris719
Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Yes!!!!!

I like the tea girl :cool:

Super Dave
Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
http://www.mattwardman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/q-icon-no.gif

KournikovaFan91
Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM

They made it into a major issue trying to get in :rolleyes: They should have just booked.

My parents visited the USSR back in the day so I would like to visit a country like North Korea. Although in the USSR they were allowed to walk around relativly freely.

I have visited Cuba but that's also nothing like North Korea. Although FOX News attempt to make it seem that it is.

Just Do It
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
I like the tea girl :cool:

Me too. For some reason a scene when guys are leaving and she is waving to them from the balcony made me extremely sad :(
She looked like a princess imprisoned in the castle :awww:

Dementieva_Dude
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
I watched the entire thing last night, and it was interesting. Definitely not somewhere I would go personally.
I also watched the Vice guide to Liberia, which is just plain scary. Makes North Korea seem like a walk in the park. :eek:

kris719
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
I watched the entire thing last night, and it was interesting. Definitely not somewhere I would go personally.
I also watched the Vice guide to Liberia, which is just plain scary. Makes North Korea seem like a walk in the park. :eek:

cool I need to watch that one too.

^^ yeah, i want to go to NK just to visit the poor tea girl. she's cool :)

barboza
Mar 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM
cool I need to watch that one too.

^^ yeah, i want to go to NK just to visit the poor tea girl. she's cool :)

Lol you crack me up

Dexter
Mar 4th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I'm so going there one day. :devil:

kwilliams
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:19 PM
The border was closed for most of the time that I lived in South Korea but you used to be able to take tours to Kaesong. Kaesong is just some industrial town just over the border though, where South Korean companies set up shop to provide employment to North Koreans. South Koreans also used to be able to go to some area of outstanding natural beauty not too far from the border either - an inlet along the east coast but a South Korean woman was shot dead in this area and if I remember correctly, that was the main reason the border was closed completely.

I'm going back to Korea for another year in a few months. If I get the chance to go into the North I'll take it. I went to the DMZ but that was underwhelming.

Wiggly
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:44 PM

Oh. That was !"/$%?&*(%&/&/&% insane.
I wouldn't go to Liberia for one billion.