PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Zone!!!

anton
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:55 AM
post about mp3 players and files and urls for songs in here!!

per4ever
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:04 PM
I adore mp3 :hearts: :D

anton
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:30 PM
do you have any fav sites from which you download?

per4ever
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:52 PM
I use Kazaa Lite for all my mp3's never on sites..

E. Blackadder
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by per4ever
I use Kazaa Lite for all my mp3's never on sites..

same over here :bounce:

Poe
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:54 PM
can somebody post a link for kazaa lite again pls

JonBcn
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Can anyone else still access www.winmx.com ? It doesnt work for me any more and I was wondering if it had been shut down? I much preferred it to kazaa.

JonBcn
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:57 PM
www.kazaalite.com

Dahveed
Oct 4th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Whats the difference between kazaa and kazaalite then? And should i upgrade my Kazaa? And should i upgrade my msn too? :D They all want me to upgrade dammit!

Maajken
Oct 4th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Apparently kazaa lite has no spy ware.

anton
Oct 4th, 2002, 10:08 PM
thanks !! Im going to check out klite now. im assuming its a software but what about hardware like a small player to wear on the go.

Oasiatic
Oct 4th, 2002, 10:40 PM
I use Kazaa. Looks like I need to ge the 'liter' version of it. ;)

Poe
Oct 4th, 2002, 10:43 PM
i dont understand the download instructions cuz i'm an airhead like that

it says the host file isn't correct so download that separately? :confused: which files am i supposed to download?

CB
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Kazaa 2 is cool.

I'm a guru in participation, 232 points :)

per4ever
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:54 PM
Poe..go to http://www.k-lite.tk

Monique
Oct 5th, 2002, 01:11 AM
same over here, Jon! I used to love Winmx but I can't get it on now...I had to download a new software called Blubster that was highly recommended by CNET...:confused:

anton
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:47 AM
mp3.com

you can download music files here. And I have found that some sound better with media player than kazza. I just drag them into media player. mp3.com will ask you for info but just give them bogus info and then you can download. if you have a telephone connection there is even a low speed half quality type file option so you can download fast. it does not sound as good but it is much faster.

I downloaded and I'm listening to LL Cool J's Luv U Better now! This song is SO cool!!

lrg bllt
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by CB
Kazaa 2 is cool.

I'm a guru in participation, 232 points :)

Kazaa 2 is good, its way better than the older version.
I'm deity with 543 points :p :)

a few good sites I recommend are..
http://www.21century-mp3.com
http://www.mp3-albums.com

Poe
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:56 AM
ok i downloaded kazaa lite and i have to say it's rather fabulous

so simple and fast

Candy946
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:11 AM
What kind of mp3 players do you guys have?

Just got one today, and still trying to figure out how to download songs to it. :o :(

anton
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:26 AM
thanks for the links!
Im gonna check em out now.
do you guys also have a little walkman type mp3 player that connects to you computer. that is what I want to get but didnt buy yet,

anton
Oct 5th, 2002, 07:42 AM
this is SO cool!! I have downloaded so much good tunes. I may never leave my home again!!

Princess Fiona
Oct 5th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Hmm, no WinMx problems heeere... I'm sorry you can't access it. I had trouble a few weeks ago so hit this "upgrade" button and now everything is fine (knowing me I'm probably paying for it or something :o ;)).

The Vampiress
Oct 5th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Anton, Have you tried ShareBear?? It's just as good as Kazaa and has no spyware apparently on it, I use it alot for snippets of movies, and general music, it's good and easy to use:)

anton
Oct 5th, 2002, 11:14 AM
no i did not try it yet. a few things i've found annoying with mp3 just the last few hours:
1-sometimes downloads are not what they say they are going to be. I tried to download IM REAL_J Lo, JaRule Remix and it was the original which sucks!
2-or it may download in a format which is unplayable after youve waited for it to download
3-somttimes the file is only like 30 seconds of a song

but overall this seems a good thing..free music in a permenant, compact, share-friendly format

The Vampiress
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Im noticing that on Kazaa at the moment.

per4ever
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Poe

so simple and fast

yep..it's really good :D

I have Winamp3 on my computer (not that great..imo)...and I have a Samsung Discman/MP3 player too..

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Poe

so simple and fast

So is it better than Kazaa? Should i d/l kazaa lite and can i bring all my mp3s there? It's just cos Kazaa always crashes my computer :rolleyes: and i'd like something better.

JonBcn
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Monique:

I downloaded a newer version of winmx last night, and it works fine. I think that was the problem. Maybe you have an older version too?

per4ever
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Dahveed

So is it better than Kazaa? Should i d/l kazaa lite and can i bring all my mp3s there? It's just cos Kazaa always crashes my computer :rolleyes: and i'd like something better.

Kazaa Lite is lots better then Kazaa...Kazaa is full of spyware and adware...and there are no qualitylimits in Kazaa lite :D

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Okay i d/led it.

A stupid question though: it asks me to uninstall kazaa before installing Kazaa lite, what i want to know: if i uninstall kazaa do i lose all my mp3 files, i have 450 so i don't want to d/l them again :eek:

per4ever
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Dahveed..your mp3's are in a directory called My Shared Folders.

It's in your Program Files -> Kazaa -> My Shared Folders. You should put those files somewhere else (they won't get deleted imo just to be sure).

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Okay thats what i thought, lol thanks i'll do that then, just to be sure!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:31 PM
:bounce: I have Kazza Lite 2 too! :D it's veryyyy goooooood!!! :D thank you julien and K! ;) :kiss:

oh.. dunno if its in this topic.. but i play my music with MusicMatch! ;) it very good, orgazines and easy to use! (even i get it....) ;)

CC
Oct 5th, 2002, 02:50 PM
I use Morpheus. It doesn't seem that popular.:confused:

I just extracted a few Holes, Eykah Badu/Common's "Love of My Life," and Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun.":)

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:14 PM
I've d/led kazaalite and it doesnt work very well, keeps crashing, very slow, i don't see anything better than the previous one :confused:

Now i'm even thinking of d/ling Kazaa back or watching at some other alternatives: Morpheus, WinMx??

Giuliano
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Are you sure you don't have spyware anymore btw?

JonBcn
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Dahveed; use winmx, its the prettiest (!). I'm not all that impressed with kazzalite, although I do use both.

per4ever
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Dahveed
I've d/led kazaalite and it doesnt work very well, keeps crashing, very slow, i don't see anything better than the previous one :confused:

Now i'm even thinking of d/ling Kazaa back or watching at some other alternatives: Morpheus, WinMx??

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

anton
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:37 PM
whats winmx, my normal windows player that I use to read CDs plays my mps3 better than kazzalite. The sound is better and there are more features it seems. kazzalite seems to be just a big blank white box that links to google.

per4ever
Oct 5th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Kazaa Lite isn't a player....it's a file sharing program...

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Well it also has a player, i use it to listen to the songs, kinda lazy to have another programme just for listening.

Though i'm gonna check that winmw programme if it is that pretty ;)

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 04:50 PM
:eek: don't type winmW.com in your browsers!! It's not what you think lmao (unless you like bjs).

Ahh i typoed :sad: and i had to watch that.. stuff :sad:

Maajken
Oct 5th, 2002, 04:51 PM
I was fully and utterly shocked :eek: :angel:

anton
Oct 5th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Kazaa Lite isn't a player....it's a file sharing program...

so how do you get it to work and to go to anything?

I have went to website to download music. kazaa has been useless so far

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:17 PM
lol... hm.... as K said - Kazaa/Kazaa Lite are downloading/sharing programs.
you get whatever you want there, and then PLAY your songs for example with media player, winamp, musicmatch etc.

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Marri
lol... hm.... as K said - Kazaa/Kazaa Lite are downloading/sharing programs.
you get whatever you want there, and then PLAY your songs for example with media player, winamp, musicmatch etc.

Huh? There's a player in the programme, so i use it, why would i go d/l some other programme? :confused:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:23 PM
well, i don't know about the quality you get from the Kazaa players.... but the players i have are pretty fancy and nice to look at... and very very easy to use. with Musicmatch for example - you can burn cd directly from the playlists. that may be a huge pluss for ppl who burn cds.

Dahveed
Oct 5th, 2002, 05:25 PM
aaah ok then i don't burn cds, i just listen :) So yeah the quality is not great but it's just music i listen to while i'm online so that's enough for me.

per4ever
Oct 5th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Dahveed..you can only play one song at the time with Kazaa...you can make playlists with programs like winamp..so you can listen to all your songs..without having to push play everytime you want to hear something.

Anton...I don't know what you are looking for..but I really don't know a program that's better then Kazaa Lite.. It's the fastest and best one atm.

Direct Connect is good too...but that's for other files too, rather complicated..

anton
Oct 6th, 2002, 12:38 AM
how do you download music from the internet with kazaa? I have been using websites

per4ever
Oct 6th, 2002, 12:40 AM
install Kazaa Lite..

then you just have to search the songs...and you'll see a list appear of all songs found..then you click the song you want and download it :)

anton
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:02 AM
im talking about kazaa lite. that is what i have. i will try it again. thanks.

anton
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:07 AM

have to search the songs...and you'll see a list appear of all songs found..then you click the song you want and download it :)

OHHHHHH!!!

I did this and typed one song and tthere are so many choices. this is so cool!!!

per4ever, do you use a walkman type mp3 player that connects to your laptop for on the go?

Poe
Oct 6th, 2002, 02:14 AM
i've also found the kazaa player skips and stutters sometimes

plus i don't want to load that resource hog of a program just to listen to my music... winamp is a small simple program that launches instantly and is just a small window with my songs compared to the big ugly kazaa full of ads... i only load that when i need to get a new song

Jetta
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Poe
i've also found the kazaa player skips and stutters sometimes

plus i don't want to load that resource hog of a program just to listen to my music... winamp is a small simple program that launches instantly and is just a small window with my songs compared to the big ugly kazaa full of ads... i only load that when i need to get a new song

Kazaa player only skips and stutters if you're downloading something else while playing it. But Kazaa player does suck. Sometimes it won't play my songs. :sad:

Winamp is good :D

MusicMatch is good too....and you can download your songs onto those mp3 players with it. :D

anton
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:09 AM
is there a way to get music files out of kazaa and onto the desktop so you can put them into a portable mp3 player or so you dont have to open kazaa eveytime? thanks

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:19 PM
anton - i recommend Musicmatch - Basic, it's FREE and www.musicmatch.com

One of the options there is like Music to portable devices, in your case you MP3-player.
But i don't know how it works.... but i just download and try! :)

I love Kazaa Lite and my Musicmatch;)

per4ever
Oct 6th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by anton

OHHHHHH!!!

I did this and typed one song and tthere are so many choices. this is so cool!!!

per4ever, do you use a walkman type mp3 player that connects to your laptop for on the go?

no..it's a discman..it plays mp3-cds too. So about 170 songs on one CD.

anton
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:43 PM
per4ever, so how do you get mp3 out of kazaa?

per4ever
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:17 PM
those mp3's are saved in a folder My Shared Folders. You can find it on your hard disk (prob C: ) Program Files -> Kazaa Lite -> My Shared Folders.

Just copy and paste them to the folder you want :)

anton
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:35 PM
thanks. i figured it out! I cant wait to get a portable mp3 player so I can take listen without booting up the computer!

The quality is amazing!
I just downloaded "The Windmills of Your Mind" by Sting

per4ever
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:46 PM
:bounce: have fun with it anton :)

anton
Oct 7th, 2002, 05:24 PM
I AM!! I love all of you 4ever!! mp3 is so much fun!! and so is free music!! I downloaded j lo, ja rule, im real. i love this song. alexandra stevenson likes it too.

Candy946
Oct 7th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by anton
thanks. i figured it out! I cant wait to get a portable mp3 player so I can take listen without booting up the computer!

The quality is amazing!
I just downloaded "The Windmills of Your Mind" by Sting

I just got an mp3 player for my b-day a few days ago and it's great. I have the Samsung YP-30SH; it's light, compact, holds 128 MB built in flash memory, and small like a cigarette lighter. I would reccomend it to anyone.

http://www.samsungusa.com/images/prod/product/yp30s_med.jpg

anton
Oct 7th, 2002, 11:06 PM
I GOT A PORTABLE A MP3 PLAYER TODAY ALSO!!! THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

anton
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:09 AM
using kazaa lite and downloading a tune, what exactly does it mean when in "status" it says "more sources needed"? this is the most annoying thing. the song download stops and sometimes you have to start all over:(

Jetta
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:18 AM
try to find the highest bandwidth to download from.....the higher the better :D usually like 795 :D

Jetta
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:19 AM
When it said more sources needed, it means it needs to have a new user to download from

anton
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:14 AM
what about when status says "remotely queued". I was almost finished downloading "every breath you take" and this happened:(

anton
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:16 AM
oh, i forgot. thanks to eveybody who has helped!!

anton
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:23 AM
i also forgot to ask is it faster to download one song at a time? i think so but not sure.

and for quality 128 seems to be best?

per4ever
Oct 9th, 2002, 12:31 PM
128 is a minimum when you want to write them on CD...the higher the better (but the bigger the files).

You can download as many songs at a time as your connection can handle ;)

anton
Oct 9th, 2002, 12:56 PM
COOL!!! Thanks!! I downloaded this morning songs Tower Records said were "out of print"!! Take that Tower!!

King Satan
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:38 PM
You guys wanna hear something funny?

Download this one song called Mexican Thong Song

Jetta
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Did you sing it Jose? :o

King Satan
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:53 PM
No I didn't sing it allie lol

You can call me Joe, k

Jetta
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:54 PM
okay JOE ;)

anton
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:21 AM
I downloaded ll cool j "luv u better" twice and both are imperfect. maybe the 3rd time is the charm

King Satan
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:32 PM
THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWNLOAD THIS VIDEO CLIP!!!: Jason Becker, Paganini's 5th Caprice

IF YOU DON'T I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND CHOP OFF EACH ONE OF YOUR LIMBS.

ASV_FAN
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Hmm, no WinMx problems heeere... I'm sorry you can't access it. I had trouble a few weeks ago so hit this "upgrade" button and now everything is fine (knowing me I'm probably paying for it or something ).

Funny you should say that Franziska, I had a very similar sounding thing happen to me. But I hit random keys for a few weeks until it suddenly started working again. No problems at all now :) .

I have a broadband connection and winmx works fantastically, but when I only had my 56kbps line winmx was rubbish with that.

anton
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:46 PM
what is in that clip we need to see?