PDA

View Full Version : Ellie Goulding - New Album 'Halcyon' Oct.8th 2012!

Ciarán
Mar 1st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Not sure if Ellie has a thread yet. If she does please merge this post :wavey:

Love Ellie :hearts: I got tickets today for her Belfast show on March 15th!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rfn4peALtlY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rfn4peALtlY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoGeH6lIqc4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoGeH6lIqc4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5SSRLWh0uU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5SSRLWh0uU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Living_Legend
Mar 1st, 2010, 03:13 PM
I wasn't a fan of her album...its all a bit bland especially when compared to Marina's album which is full of character!

I think for now I'll skip it but maybe after a few more singles when I can see what she's all about I might change my mind!

Ciarán
Mar 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM
I wasn't a fan of her album...its all a bit bland especially when compared to Marina's album which is full of character!

I think for now I'll skip it but maybe after a few more singles when I can see what she's all about I might change my mind!

I did judging by the previews. I bought the album the other day when the store I work at leaked it early and it's truly fantastic. The songs are like depression clouded by happiness, hard to explain but I love what I am hearing :)

Elwin.
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:17 PM
Ellie :bowdown:

Europe rocks
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
Ellie's music is much more based in electronica, synths and such than Marina's, but they're both beautiful albums. Hope they can have successful careers, given the amount of mindless drivel out there at the moment

Vanity Bonfire
Mar 1st, 2010, 08:03 PM
We've had this album on in our office today and I thought it was very bland. Disappointing when compared with last year's BBC Sound winner Little Boots, who is :worship:

eck
Mar 1st, 2010, 10:17 PM
I like it. It's not a strong album as I thought it'd be, but when she gets it right, it's pretty damn good.

Her iTunes exclusive song is amazing. It should have been on the album.

Poova
Mar 1st, 2010, 10:22 PM
Ellie's album is shit. Boring as, completely lacking in any personality, no sign that it is HER album. Just awful, and crap lyrics that you could find in a Saturdays song. :/

Marina shits all over her, let's face it. Ellie is the same league as Little Boots in terms of blandness.

eck
Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqLGuRX_nLM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqLGuRX_nLM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Imperfect Angel
Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
:hearts:

mckyle.
Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:58 AM
Ellie's music is much more based in electronica, synths and such than Marina's, but they're both beautiful albums. Hope they can have successful careers, given the amount of mindless drivel out there at the moment

Yes please! Download link anyone? :)

Ciarán
Mar 2nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Ellie's album is shit. Boring as, completely lacking in any personality, no sign that it is HER album. Just awful, and crap lyrics that you could find in a Saturdays song. :/

Marina shits all over her, let's face it. Ellie is the same league as Little Boots in terms of blandness.

I disagree :lol: How can you compare a singer/songwriter to that of the Saturdays? :o The lyrics are (IMO) are far from crap :spit: If you actually listen you may also discover that. There are actually quite a few brilliant metaphors. I honestly don't understand how anyone can find it bland, although I do agree you really need to listen to enjoy it. One thing I don't like I can actually hear Frankmusiks input in the album :hysteric:

Poova
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
I disagree :lol: How can you compare a singer/songwriter to that of the Saturdays? :o The lyrics are (IMO) are far from crap :spit: If you actually listen you may also discover that. There are actually quite a few brilliant metaphors. I honestly don't understand how anyone can find it bland, although I do agree you really need to listen to enjoy it. One thing I don't like I can actually hear Frankmusiks input in the album :hysteric:
Umm, I have listened. I would hardly make an opinion on it without listening, would I? Think you should drop the condescending attitude... o_O

Perhaps "crap" was the wrong word to describe the lyrics - they are a step above most disposable pop, yes. But they're dull and very pedestrian about simple subject matters. I just don't see any personality or any of Ellie in them, which is what I meant by my previous comment. Some people may enjoy them, but it's just not for me really. I look for a bit more in the lyrics than that, and Marina's lyrical style is much more for me (obviously the comparisons between them are bound to happen for obvious reasons ;))

But yes, I shouldn't have called them crap or awful. It was probably my disappointment in the album really showing through.

Ciarán
Mar 8th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Lights charts at #1 in the UK :)

Imperfect Angel
Mar 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM
:worship:

Shuji Shuriken
Mar 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I friggin' LOVE this album :hearts: :bounce:.

Ciarán
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Just back from Belfast show! Ellie was fantastic, very cute and a bit shy :lol: I was at the VERY front literally inches from her. Her voice is gorgeous and so much more than it is on 'Lights'. She's like Florence, she shits over her recorded stuff with her live performances. Amazing on the drums :hearts: I got her personal set-list :inlove: She wrote on it and counted the songs wrong :sobbing: I also got a drumstick but some asshole from her crew snatched it off the security guard as he was giving it to me saying 'She needs that'.

darkchild
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:00 AM
My favorite is Starry Eyed.
So simple, yet so beautiful.

WowWow
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:09 AM
She's much better than Marina imo.
(heard someone was comparing them)

Ciarán
May 17th, 2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDwbHeR0UYc

I'm a bit late with this one, but here is the official 'Guns + Horses' video.

Ciarán
Aug 9th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Sorry I haven't update this in a while :eek:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-ru2glqXAg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-ru2glqXAg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Writer is a nice song but I don't think it should have ever been a single :help:

Ciarán
Nov 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AFMVMl9qE&feature=player_embedded#!

Cover of the famous Elton John song. Stunning :shrug:

Also Lights will be re-released with 7 brand new tracks on the 29th November!

eck
Nov 14th, 2010, 02:46 AM
A reworked version of Lights:

sL7Zjpnf69c

I still think this is her best to date.
Should have been released.

Ciarán
Nov 27th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Your Song has a massive chance of going to #1 tomorrow in the UK. I hope it does as I'm seeing her tomorrow night :D

eck
Nov 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM
ACvDbDeCV1A

Lush.

Carotastrophe
Dec 1st, 2010, 07:49 AM
Ellie!!! Love her :hearts:

Mary Cherry.
Dec 1st, 2010, 08:06 AM
I love how X Factor spent a whole night attempting to do even just decent covers of Elton John songs, then Ellie's version of Your Song comes on the John Lewis advert and blew them all away :lol:

Really love the new tracks on the re-release, especially Home and Human. Hopefully she'll get a bit more recognition now :)

Six Feet Under
Dec 1st, 2010, 08:12 AM
I like Ellie :hearts:
But i prefer Diana Vickers.

Starry Eyed is my favorite still :lol:
Although Lights was alright.

Uranium
Jan 2nd, 2011, 02:16 AM
DsRTr-KEtIE

Blows Rihanna out of the water.:bowdown:

Ciarán
Jan 2nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Love it :D
Also anyone in the UK 'Bright Lights' is now available for £4.99 from HMV & Amazon.

SVK
Jan 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
bVAUlaq1iDc?fs=1&amp;hl=sk_SK

I´m in love with her Starry Eyed LIVE performance...Stunning

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Ciarán
Jan 16th, 2011, 08:10 PM
http://vimeo.com/18844502

The 'Lights' video! Exactly how I imagined and reminds me of 'Under The Sheets' :lol: I love it!

Michael.
Jan 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Amazing video. :hearts:

Ciarán
Jan 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Ellie just replied to me on a friends facebook page :tears: Apparently the video isn't supposed to be out until March. She's not best pleased :lol:

Michael.
Jan 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Oh no. :sobbing:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
^ :lol: :o

Ellie :bowdown:
she's great

Ciarán
Mar 12th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Ellie did two great covers today on BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge.

The Knife - Heartbeats:
wU_TxQrK370

Lights:
D3E9QJphrO4

Uranium
Mar 13th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Ellie just replied to me on a friends facebook page :tears: Apparently the video isn't supposed to be out until March. She's not best pleased :lol:

What did she say to you?:oh:

Ciarán
Mar 13th, 2011, 12:40 AM
What did she say to you?:oh:

Not directly to me but just under my comment :p, he posted the video too and she was like 'For fuck sake, that was just shot! Last I heard it was supposed to be out in March???!! GAH!!!'. She uses a fake name on Facebook, but my friend (who I know in real life) has met her on numerous occasions and has had the privilege of being accepted by her on facebook. Yet to accept me though :(

mckyle.
Mar 13th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Amy, Adele, & Florence have all found US success. Jessie J will probably too. Where's Ellie? :sad:

Uranium
Mar 13th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Not directly to me but just under my comment :p, he posted the video too and she was like 'For fuck sake, that was just shot! Last I heard it was supposed to be out in March???!! GAH!!!'. She uses a fake name on Facebook, but my friend (who I know in real life) has met her on numerous occasions and has had the privilege of being accepted by her on facebook. Yet to accept me though :(

:rolls:

duhcity
Mar 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I LOVE this girl. Starry Eyed is amazing

ArturoAce.
Mar 13th, 2011, 11:08 PM
:)

eck
Apr 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Guess who is performing at the wedding reception at William and Kate :angel:

Obviously she's gonna sing Your Song :lol:

Ciarán
Apr 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I can't wait til this fucking wedding is over, sick to death of hearing about it :hysteric: The Royals are merely a tourist attraction now :o Anyway, happy Ellie is getting such recognition :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Anyone going to her US tour ??

Oermi
Jul 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Ellie did two great covers today on BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge.

The Knife - Heartbeats:
wU_TxQrK370

OMG :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Ciarán
Jul 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I can't believe how little attention Ellie gets here :sobbing:

Break My Rapture
Jul 18th, 2011, 01:24 PM
She is so good live, love her voice and songs.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I can't believe how little attention Ellie gets here :sobbing:

So true :sad:
Must be cos she doesn't dress like a slut :o

Ellie much nicer as a girl next door, couldn't think of her like anything else.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Anyone else think Vika & Ellie look a bit alike ??

Ciarán
Jul 18th, 2011, 03:16 PM
So true :sad:
Must be cos she doesn't dress like a slut :o

Ellie much nicer as a girl next door, couldn't think of her like anything else.

Yea, she relies on talent not tits! She needs to release an acoustic album...

Anyone else think Vika & Ellie look a bit alike ??

Now that you mention it, a bit :sobbing: I think it's the nose...but Ellie is prettier :tears:

borrowedheaven
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Ellie covered Hanging On of Active Child with Tinie Tempah: http://soundcloud.com/elliegoulding/hanging-on-ft-tinie-tempah

I love her vocal delivery, but god, the part that Tinie raps bugs me so hard.

She said on Facebook it's the beginning of her new journey, so the new album is near :cheer: I'm so excited, but also a bit scared, cuz first this song with tinie, she's in the studios with Calvin Harris ... I know she has always brought mainstream pop, but I hope she won't get too mainstream.

ArturoAce.
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
^^yeah tinie ruined the song :o

supergrunt
Jul 11th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Anyone else surprised by her sudden success stateside?

Uranium
Jul 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFdtbywhyFc
Without Tinie.

Loves it.

And yes, I'm surprised that her US success is thanks to 'Lights':lol:

delicatecutter
Jul 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I love Lights but I'm surprised it took so long to catch on considering when it was released as a single and when she performed it on SNL. It also wasn't very successful in the UK compared to some of her other songs.

I love her cover of Hanging On also. Ellie is a treasure. :inlove:

borrowedheaven
Jul 11th, 2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFdtbywhyFc
Without Tinie.

Loves it.

Thank you! Much better. It's amazing how much she has improved vocally. Stunning cover.
I love Lights but I'm surprised it took so long to catch on considering when it was released as a single and when she performed it on SNL. It also wasn't very successful in the UK compared to some of her other songs.

I love her cover of Hanging On also. Ellie is a treasure. :inlove:

I think her performance on Ellen earlier this year helped a lot.

ArturoAce.
Jul 11th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah I'm surprised it took so long to get popular. Considering the rise of electronica/dance music, I thought it would've been faster since a lot of producers and DJ's were using a lot of samples from her songs. It was popular among the rave group, but took a while to jump the hurdle into the general public.

Ciarán
Aug 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
'Halcyon' preview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39a4D_md3bk

Uranium
Aug 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
I liked the second song there...:(

borrowedheaven
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Love Anything Could Happen. So fitting for the summer :)

eck
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I think that last song on the preview sounds smashing.

delicatecutter
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM
So stoked for her new album!! And Lights is #2 on the Hot 100!! :cheer:

Harry.
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I seriously cannot wait for it Halcyon to release. Heard "Anything Could Happen" yesterday. Brilliant really, can't get enough of it. Just love how much she puts emotionally into a song. You can almost feel it coming through. And the lyric video is pretty darn amazing.

1zvzWsrS3JE

Svetlana)))
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I LOVE Ellie. She deserves all the success she's enjoying atm.

borrowedheaven
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I can't even get the snippets from the Halcyon trailer out of my head :lol: Anything Could Happen is on instant repeat.

eck
Sep 21st, 2012, 07:42 AM
If you head over to iTunes Australia, you can listen 1:30 secs of her album.
My Blood is fucking amazing.
Whilst the first album was kinda disappointing, gotta say the first 4 songs of this album is killing me. And that's all I heard so far :d

borrowedheaven
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:08 PM
thank you! They all sound great, Halcyon is probably my favorite from the previews.

You thought Lights was disappointing? It's one of my favorite pop albums.

eck
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:32 AM
thank you! They all sound great, Halcyon is probably my favorite from the previews.

You thought Lights was disappointing? It's one of my favorite pop albums.

There were a few highlights, but there were also a few songs that I found grating :o.
Lights the song was the best, IMO.

delicatecutter
Sep 22nd, 2012, 01:07 AM
There were a few highlights, but there were also a few songs that I found grating :o.
Lights the song was the best, IMO.

I agree that Lights is uneven, but I think Guns and Horses is a masterpiece.

I have high hopes for Halcyon. Anything Could Happen is just amazing. So much eargasm!!! :inlove:

Stadia
Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:59 AM
Just discovered Ellie last April. Love her :hearts:

There are new previews of her songs from her new album. This one is my favorite :hearts:
eB8X-8eVCg4

eck
Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Just discovered Ellie last April. Love her :hearts:

There are new previews of her songs from her new album. This one is my favorite :hearts:
eB8X-8eVCg4

It's 1 minute longer on iTunes. And it's much clearer too. Been pressing replay over and over :oh:

borrowedheaven
Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I was listening to the 30 secs, found the 1.30 now. I'm only listening to the songs of the Halcyon trailer, because I don't want to spoil the album for me, but they sound absolutely brilliant. My Blood, Only You and Halcyon are so good.

eck
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
(Figure 8 is supposedly single #2)

borrowedheaven
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
I thought Explosions came out on the 30th?

eck
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
I dunno, thats what I heard from PJ forums.

Never mind it is Explosions :p

Stadia
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
It's 1 minute longer on iTunes. And it's much clearer too. Been pressing replay over and over :oh:

I don't think it's available over here, I've been searching for it all over iTunes and it's not there :[

Svetlana)))
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Holy shit, My Blood and several other tracks sound amazing.

eck
Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I don't think it's available over here, I've been searching for it all over iTunes and it's not there :[

Change your region to Australia or UK. :angel:

eck
Sep 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
I got so obsessed with the clips I decided to record all the preview :tears:

borrowedheaven
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
I got so obsessed with the clips I decided to record all the preview :tears:

:lol: I've listened to them way too much too.

And every time someone posts in this thread I'm hoping there's a leak :p

eck
Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Me too :angel:
I know I'm going to buy the album, but I can't wait any longer. iTunes has generally posted previews this early prior to release.

Break My Rapture
Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
My Blood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

eck
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:58 PM
http://www.telly.com/D85UT

borrowedheaven
Sep 25th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I think it's gorgeous. Very simple, but it really touched me.

eck
Sep 27th, 2012, 01:51 AM
She sang 10 songs off Halcyon at the iTunes festival including figure 8 and my blood. "Only You" is immense. :)
I don't like the way she dressed and the way she acted at the start though, it came off as chav to me.
And she butchered the lyrics to "Your Song" :o

eck
Sep 27th, 2012, 08:09 AM
rE0c1ukh24g

Djdm-9FLsJ0

borrowedheaven
Sep 27th, 2012, 07:45 PM
It seems Figure 8 has leaked. I'm so tempted ...

EDIT: http://datadynedaz.tumblr.com/post/32406380509/figure-8-ellie-goulding-leak-complete-studio

Decided not to listen to it 'though. But from what I've heard from the preview, the chorus is massive.

eck
Sep 29th, 2012, 12:43 AM
More preview:
9VjPABmvlfY

In My City is so fucking good I don't know why it's not in the actual album.
Need Your Love too.
Actually, the additional songs in the deluxe album should have been on the actual. They all sound so good.

borrowedheaven
Sep 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I don't care much for the Calvin Harris song, but the bonus tracks sound indeed amazing. I love her voice in 'In my City' :)

Can't believe the album hasn't already leaked though.

eck
Sep 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
IKR :tears:
Only Figure 8 :o
But really, I'm more pumped for the iTunes track now.

Ferg
Sep 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
She performed at one of my favourite pubs on Thursday for Arthurs Day. Sadly I missed it as it had a guestlist but heres a clip!

EfrDqBqD2lM

borrowedheaven
Oct 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM
Explosions out now too.

eck
Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Standard Version is leaked

borrowedheaven
Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
I was just gonna post it :p Downloading it now, can't wait!

eck
Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
Every song before Explosions is pretty fucking amazing.
I don't get I Know You Care.....

Need Your Love is surprisingly good.

Can't wait for deluxe now. In My City/Without Your Love!!

eck
Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:03 PM
(Only You is so underrated)

Umberella
Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:10 PM
Explosions :hearts:

Uranium
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:23 AM
(Only You is so underrated)

I love that song. It's my favorite of the 5 I have heard (Only You, My Blood, Hanging On, I know You Care, and Anything Could Happen).

borrowedheaven
Oct 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I've only listened up to JOY (taking it slow) but they're all amazing so far. I love how every song exceeded my expectations even after the previews. Especially JOY, it's so much better than I thought it would be :hearts:

Edit: Dead in the Water is haunting.

eck
Oct 4th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Isn't it coming out in about 54 mins in Ireland :p

Ciarán
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I live in the North! It wont be out until Monday. :tears:

eck
Oct 5th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Without Your Love is immense. I'll see if I can upload a direct link for you later ;)

Uranium
Oct 5th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I live in the North! It wont be out until Monday. :tears:

Tuesday for me:angel: Looking forward to it.

Harry.
Oct 5th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Only You is my favourite from the whole album. Dying in anticipation tbh. This should be great.

eck
Oct 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM
The Deluxe tracks are so amazing, I'm so sad they didn't make the actual album. :o

delicatecutter
Oct 12th, 2012, 05:59 PM
What does everyone think? I love it! Tracks 2-5 alone are better than the entirety of Lights.

borrowedheaven
Oct 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM
What does everyone think? I love it! Tracks 2-5 alone are better than the entirety of Lights.

The one track I didn't immediately like, Explosions, has finally grown on me, so yeah, I absolutely love it. I love that she didn't try to make the most catchy hooks and such, but instead tried to create an atmosphere.

delicatecutter
Oct 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Ohh I love Explosions. :hearts: The only song I haven't gotten into yet is Don't Say a Word. And I was so used to the single edit of Anything Could Happen that it's taking a while to get used to the album version. Only You is so dancey; I love to jam out to it. And I absolutely love Halcyon. I really relate to the lyrics.

eck
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:49 PM

Yeah. That's what I realised too. Tracks 2-5 just scream of "awards".

But I really hate Joy.

Uranium
Oct 12th, 2012, 10:28 PM
A great album. Dead In The Water, Atlantis, Joy and I Know You Care are alright though. Other 13 Songs = Love. Absolute Love.

And I agree, it is taking some getting used to album version of Anything Could Happen.

borrowedheaven
Oct 12th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah. That's what I realised too. Tracks 2-5 just scream of "awards".

But I really hate Joy.

No :sobbing: It's one of my favorites.

delicatecutter
Oct 12th, 2012, 11:30 PM
It seems on ATRL a lot of people didn't like Joy at first, but it's a grower. I haven't really heard enough of it yet to have an opinion.

I am kind of over Hanging On though. Maybe it's because I prefer the original. Not sure. And I hope I Know You Care is a grower because I really didn't like it the first time I heard it.

eck
Oct 12th, 2012, 11:49 PM
If I had a choice I'd remove Don't Say a Word, Joy, I Know You Care for the three bonus tracks. :tape:
It's just too sappy for me, and I'm really an emo guy too.

delicatecutter
Oct 13th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I haven't heard the bonus tracks yet. I didn't see any Deluxe versions for sale (not that I could have afforded it anyway). :tears: The CD I bought has the Calvin Harris song (I am not a fan of him) and Lights as bonus tracks.

Uranium
Oct 13th, 2012, 03:26 AM
^Ritual, In My City, and Without Your Love are the ones you are missing.

If I had a choice I'd remove Don't Say a Word, Joy, I Know You Care for the three bonus tracks. :tape:
It's just too sappy for me, and I'm really an emo guy too.

I love Don't Say a Word, the first 6 songs are great IMO! Then it starts to tail off a bit....until the bonus tracks.

eck
Oct 13th, 2012, 04:29 AM
vfjvrKgvUBs

It sounds a bit distorted but not as bad as what some people did to Florence :o

MH0861
Oct 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I saw her live on Thursday night in NYC, she was amazing :worship: My favorite songs on the album are Figure 8, My Blood and Halcyon.

rafal15ok
Oct 13th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I need you love makes me crazy

borrowedheaven
Oct 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Stay Awake and The Ending are pretty good too :)

If I could make one change, I would've swapped Hanging On for Ritual.

Reptilia
Oct 21st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Figure 8 is my jam at the moment :hearts: Can't get enough!

The Witch-king
Oct 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM
I'm loving this Azarenka looking bish :inlove:

but I'm afraid I'm turning intto such a TF hipster...next I'll be opening a tumblr page and paying for a premium account :unsure:

ETA: or stanning for Kirilenko or something

Umberella
Oct 22nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Somewhat obsessed with Figure 8, Halcyon, My Blood and Only You. She's amaaaaaazing :D

delicatecutter
Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:04 AM
I love how you can listen to the whole thing without wanting to skip a track. I Know You Care has even grown on me. Not many singer/songwriters make such a drastic improvement from their debut but Ellie is firmly in that camp. :inlove:

The title track is the standout for me though. I love how it addresses the sadness of the end of a relationship but also the optimism that can come out of that as well.

The Witch-king
Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
I love how you can listen to the whole thing without wanting to skip a track. I Know You Care has even grown on me. Not many singer/songwriters make such a drastic improvement from their debut but Ellie is firmly in that camp. :inlove:

The title track is the standout for me though. I love how it addresses the sadness of the end of a relationship but also the optimism that can come out of that as well.

Speak for yourself, gurl. There are a number of wack tracks on this album that I can not listen to. But the good ones make up for it.

I wanted to ask as well. Is this girl okay? You know, mentally? She seems based on her voice anyways a bit special.

taloki
Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
I only found out about Ellie from this thread. :inlove:

My blood is amazing.

borrowedheaven
Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:16 AM

It's probably my favorite too. I wish it was longer.

I'm a bit disappointed she didn't get that UK #1 but there are lots of good/popular albums coming out now ... It it seems like her promotion is more centered about the US anyway.

delicatecutter
Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Speak for yourself, gurl. There are a number of wack tracks on this album that I can not listen to. But the good ones make up for it.

I wanted to ask as well. Is this girl okay? You know, mentally? She seems based on her voice anyways a bit special.

If you bothered to listen to any of her interviews you could answer that question for yourself. She's perfectly normal.

The Witch-king
Oct 23rd, 2012, 06:46 AM
If you bothered to listen to any of her interviews you could answer that question for yourself. She's perfectly normal.

Now why would I do that :confused:

eck
Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Now why would I do that :confused:

Because you asked the question whether she was OK or not without reading anything up on it. :o

The Witch-king
Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Because you asked the question whether she was OK or not without reading anything up on it. :o

That's why I was asking :weirdo:

ugh you all are making my head eck!!:mad:

The Witch-king
Oct 25th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Oh God I saw her on Ellen yesterday. Poor thing cannot sing live to save her life. But she do look thick as a you know what in them hotpants :drool: :lol:

In other news, I love 'Hanging On'. The version without Lupe Fiasco or whatever the hell that black guy's name is., Listening to it right now :inlove:

delicatecutter
Oct 25th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I listened to her performance on Ellen. She sounded fine. :shrug:

borrowedheaven
Oct 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I thought the performance on Ellen was OK, but the one on Jimmie Fallon (I think) was much better. She did an acoustic of ACH somewhere in Germany and that was just fab.

delicatecutter
Oct 25th, 2012, 05:29 PM
This one? :inlove:

hGrhS2IHZ68

borrowedheaven
Oct 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Yes, that's the one :)

I'm really hooked on Explosions and Atlantis right now.

delicatecutter
Oct 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I love Explosions a ton! And Atlantis almost sounds like Cocteau Twins to me. :lol:

eck
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
She has split with Skrillex apparently.

Cookiecrusher
May 2nd, 2013, 04:47 AM
So addicted to INYL :hearts: Ellie :hearts:

jc3SXFuQl7o

0 dislikes :oh:

borrowedheaven
May 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
I saw her in Brussels last night, she was amazing. Only You is one of the best live songs I've heard.

Willam
May 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
I didn't go when she was only an hour in Orlando and I hate myself for that. Now im desperately trying to find someone to drive with me up to Atlanta for the may concert.

pov
May 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
I like her voice lots but the sterile electro-pap that's often used as the backing tracks isn't my thing. On youtube I listen to her acoustic performances which I prefer much.

dmONb7JfsUc

eck
Jul 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM
CGyEd0aKWZE

She is going to rerelease Halcyon, entitled "Halcyon Days", and includes this gem.

Another song was also on Skins Fire

5947LjTyW1A

borrowedheaven
Jul 9th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Burn is the most commercial song she's done so far, but I love it. There's no denying her voice is perfectly suited for dance-pop. Very excited for Halcyon days!

eck
Jul 9th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Oddly enough, I think it's one of the few that she actually didn't write. :lol:

Edit: Leona recorded her version earlier
https://soundcloud.com/elliegouldingbrasil

I don't know what to think... :o

Super Dave
Jul 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I like her. "I Need Your Love" gets a lot of play here right now. I'm going to check out more. Damn, when someone said "Atlantis" I was thinking she did a Keane cover, but that's "Atlantic" :lol:

borrowedheaven
Jul 9th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Oddly enough, I think it's one of the few that she actually didn't write. :lol:

Edit: Leona recorded her version earlier
https://soundcloud.com/elliegouldingbrasil

I don't know what to think... :o

Yeah, Leona recorded a demo earlier but she let it pass (stupid decision if you ask me). It does say Ellie is a co-writer ... I don't mind her trying a song she didn't write herself, it's just a bit strange considering most of her lyrics are good to amazing. I think she really wants another hit single so she doesn't become a one hit wonder in the US... If it's as fun as Burn I really don't mind though.

You, My Everything is a real grower. Loving it now.

eck
Jul 9th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, the Leona version irks me. I like the fact Leona is doing more upbeat tone, but I feel like Burn is more for Ellie.

You, My Everything is vintage Ellie and just watching Skins and listening to the song makes me feel emotional :hysteric:

Alice
Jul 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Burn is the only song I found which is good in her new album.

She should go back to her old music like Guns and Horses and The Writer.

Oh yeah and she looks so much better without the shave head.

Mikey.
Jul 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I really like Burn and You, My Everything. My Blood is still my jam though. :tears:

Willam
Jul 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Burn is the only song I found which is good in her new album.

She should go back to her old music like Guns and Horses and The Writer.

Oh yeah and she looks so much better without the shave head.

What??? Halcyon is different, but just as good IMO.

I need your love, Anything could happen, Hanging On, Only You, Figure 8, Halcyon are amazing tracks! :drool: :bounce:

Inger67
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Love Figure 8 :hearts:

Womp Up The Jamz
Jul 10th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Womping up I Need Your Love majorly right now.

Only You is my warm-up jam of choice actually.

It took Fifth Harmony's performance of Anything Could Happen to teach me how much I love this lady.

Valanga
Aug 28th, 2013, 06:10 AM
I cannot help listening to Ellie Goulding after seeing Spring Breakers last night :lol:
Might buy the re-released album this week