PDA

View Full Version : Team Canada: Who Else Is Happy For Them?

tennisbum79
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM
They beat the USA, but you got to give it them.

Certinfy
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'm very happy for them, well deserved :)

mckyle.
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I am not happy for them.

tennisbum79
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I don't really care for hokey, but this team seems to personify what people love about Canada
Humble, understated and fair. This is rare in today's athletes

Crazy Canuck
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I don't really care for hokey, but this team seems to personify what people love about Canada
Humble, understated and fair. This is rare in today's athletes
The whole team isn't like that. We just don't let the bad seeds near the camera ;)

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I am. I was rooting for them. :bigclap:

The only thing that would have made me happier would have been if Sweden had won.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Hockey needed US as champion , thus the sport could be back on ESPN or FOX . Now it will remain in the shadow , which it is a shame

tennisbum79
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hockey needed US as champion , thus the sport could be back on ESPN or FOX . Now it will remain in the shadow , which it is a shame
For me it does not realy make a difference. I don't care for hockey.

I just like the Canadian story.
A perfect end to the Olympic games for Canada, winning in holywood-scripted fashion

Canada started the games with the modest goal of winning the first gold medal on canadian soil, ended up winning the most gold medals of any country, the last being in their national sport.

Michael.
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I am. :inlove:

Melange
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Have to be happy for them considering how well the previous times they hosted went. USA doesnt have to win every time. It was good that they just managed to avert another miracle on ice or the US media would have jumped on it and done it to death for a day, then moved onto the next news sensation. This win means a hell of a lot more to Canada than it ever would to the small American hockey market. It should never have been that close for such a talented squad, but in the end they got it done eh.

Ryan
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I am not happy for them.

We don't care. :D

Hockey will survive without the US as its "champion". Their teams win the Cup every year, if thats not enough, too bad.

delicatecutter
Mar 1st, 2010, 12:05 AM
I am happy for Tessa and Scott and my favorite Canadian posters.

jefrilibra
Mar 1st, 2010, 12:44 AM
I am happy for the Canadians.:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Dont be so bitter. It's not like they get to win so many golds in other global sporting events.

miffedmax
Mar 1st, 2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I was bummed the US lost, but it's hard to hate on Canada. (Then again like half my family is Canadian and I'm not a hardcore hockey fan, so maybe I'm not typical).

Miller was amazing though. He kept us in it.

hablo
Mar 1st, 2010, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I was bummed the US lost, but it's hard to hate on Canada. (Then again like half my family is Canadian and I'm not a hardcore hockey fan, so maybe I'm not typical).

Cool. I didn't know that. :p

Justin SW
Mar 1st, 2010, 01:07 AM
Je suis fier du Canada :D

mckyle.
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:46 AM
We don't care. :D

Oh no!

kris719
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:00 AM
of course. Canada is a much better team and deserves gold. if the u.s. won today, that wouldn't have changed the fact in my mind that Canada has the best players in the world.

LoveFifteen
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:05 AM
I was sad the USA lost, but I couldn't be happier for Canada. Great country, wonderful people, beautiful winter games. It was a fitting end and a great hockey match. The US team, especially the goalie, should be proud of their silver medals.

I'm sad the Games are over! :sad:

Xian
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:06 AM
well done Canada, super happy :bounce:

hankqq
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:49 AM
well i wish USA could have won and I was annoyed they tied up the game only to lose in overtime :lol: :p but at the same time it's a nice story to see the host country win the gold medal they most wanted :) and Canada has a great team so it's all good.

olivero
Mar 1st, 2010, 08:52 AM
It was great to see Canada winning in front of home crowd. Wonderful way to finish these Olympics.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM

Agree. Miller was a fitting MVP for the tournament.

Barrie_Dude
Mar 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
I thought it was a great game, but am disappointed

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 1st, 2010, 06:19 PM
Canada = BOW.

tennislover
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
I'm very happy! :bounce:

and I'm in love with these two

GBVli-xfJK0

:hearts::hearts::hearts:
they are wonderful

RFSTB
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM
I am. I wanted them to have a perfect ending. Couldn't have happened to a nicer country and a nicer people. Canada is the only country I will accept a defeat from though. Any other country I'd be :mad:. Hopefully we can get our revenge in 2014 :devil:.

Ryan Miller is awesome. :hearts: I wanted to give him a :hug: after the game. He looked soooo dejected. Poor thing.

DragonFlame
Mar 1st, 2010, 08:44 PM
I´m really happy for the canadian posters. :yeah: Really hope they enjoyed their moment and had a thrilling 2 weeks. They got the win they wanted most, in the last event played! They deserve it. :hug:

V's a star
Mar 1st, 2010, 10:32 PM
Im so sad its over guys. :sad:

My aunt said the funniest thing to my little cousin the other watching the game. He was like "im gonna cheer for America" (hes little :rolleyes:) and she said "hun the only people cheering for America are in America. the rest of the world wants us to win" :lol:

hablo
Mar 1st, 2010, 10:43 PM
80% of Canada watched part of the game, while half watched the entire hockey game!!!
That's how much this sport matters to Canadians! :haha::hearts:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312025

It was an epic game that delivered an epic audience.

Sunday's gold medal Men's Hockey game has become the most-watched television broadcast ever in Canadian history, with an average audience of 16.6 million viewers.

Nearly half of the Canadian population watched the entire game on average, while 80 percent of Canadians watched some part of the game (26.5 million). The game aired live on nine television networks in eight languages via Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium.

Ryan
Mar 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM
80% of Canada watched part of the game, while half watched the entire hockey game!!!
That's how much this sport matters to Canadians! :haha::hearts:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312025

:bowdown: Thats insane and awesome.

I feel like the 8+ million people who didn't watch any of it need to be expelled from the country.

kris719
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
huge ratings in the U.S. too. I'm quite happy so many people decided to watch hockey here finally, but hate it when the people who watch it for the first time pretend they have know the sport for their whole life. blah

PlayByPlay
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:48 AM
They sure worked hard.

Barrie_Dude
Mar 2nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
:bowdown: Thats insane and awesome.

I feel like the 8+ million people who didn't watch any of it need to be expelled from the country.
:fiery:

darkchild
Mar 2nd, 2010, 01:02 PM

He's talking about you Phil.
You had the nerve to cheer for US on facebook. :p

Crazy Canuck
Mar 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Im so sad its over guys. :sad:

My aunt said the funniest thing to my little cousin the other watching the game. He was like "im gonna cheer for America" (hes little :rolleyes:) and she said "hun the only people cheering for America are in America. the rest of the world wants us to win" :lol:

I used to cheer for the USA when I was a kid, too :angel: Not usually over Canada, though :tape:

I'm pretty sure that my reasoning was: they're like us, but they have more!

I was a smart kid.

abercrombieguy23
Mar 2nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
couldn't be prouder of Canada...I was at the games and the spirit was incredible from everyone around the world
so lucky to live in this amazing country

young_gunner913
Mar 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM
not me. team canada can suck it.

but congrats on the gold.

Drake1980
Mar 2nd, 2010, 08:59 PM
not me. team canada can suck it.

but congrats on the gold.

Suck what?:cool:

Ryan
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:37 PM

I don't take it back - even if you hate hockey, what on earth were you doing that was BETTER than that game? Nothing. ;)