PDA

View Full Version : Even more accusations against Beyonce...

Brooks.
Feb 26th, 2010, 06:45 PM
http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-26-beyowulf-accused-of-taking-credit-for-tracks-she-didnt-writeagain#respond

...more proof that Beyonce is a fake and a liar. How this woman can be so well regarded, in the music industry, is just beyond me.:o

Andreas
Feb 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Perez Hilton's blog is now considered as proof? :spit: Oh, what has the world come to...

Oneofakind0490
Feb 26th, 2010, 06:53 PM
^ He got it from this article on Billboard:
http://www.billboard.com/features/producer-rob-fusari-dishes-on-lady-gaga-1004070301.story?page=1#/features/producer-rob-fusari-dishes-on-lady-gaga-1004070301.story?page=2

And it doesn't surprise me. Beyonce name is always on song writing credits when we really know she isn't doing much.

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
^ He got it from this article on Billboard:
http://www.billboard.com/features/producer-rob-fusari-dishes-on-lady-gaga-1004070301.story?page=1#/features/producer-rob-fusari-dishes-on-lady-gaga-1004070301.story?page=2

And it doesn't surprise me. Beyonce name is always on song writing credits when we really know she isn't doing much.

Exactly. Thief. :rolleyes:

*running and hiding from Dodoboy* :bolt:

delicatecutter
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I should have known better than to ever think she was anything other than a singing puppet.

Brooks.
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Sad thing is this woman has like 16 Grammys. At least Taylor Swift beat her for Album of the Year. An album that Taylor actually wrote herself and didn't try to steal writing credits. Beyonce is pathetic.

Donny
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Sad thing is this woman has like 16 Grammys. At least Taylor Swift beat her for Album of the Year. An album that Taylor actually wrote herself and didn't try to steal writing credits. Beyonce is pathetic.

Swift wasn't the main writer on any of her songs.

LucyFromLondon
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I don't like gossip websites and magazines as they are always so negative about people. I saw Beyonce live in London and she was wonderful - she sang and danced beautifully and was very exciting. That is enough for me. I don't think she is a fake. Britney Spears mimed when I saw her and Madonna was nearly 2 hours late on stage and I suspect she mimed in parts too. Beyonce didn't. Anyway, maybe I just am a fan of hers, but people can write anything about anyone and there is not much someone like Beyonce can do about it to defend herself, other than the testimony from her fans!

Vanity Bonfire
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:21 PM

*Vomits*

I like her stage presence but 16 Grammies is far too much for such mediocre songs.

ce
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:24 PM
16 grammys :sobbing:

jefrilibra
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Again?:rolleyes:

ampers&
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
:yawn:

What an obnoxious phag Periz is. :o Oh and who cares? Almost all musicians steal from others now and days. Even that saint Gaga.

Vaidisova Ruled
Feb 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Swift wasn't the main writer on any of her songs.
False, on her CD, there are 13 songs. She wrote and composed alone 7 and the other 6 she wrote it/composed it with one person. (I just checked wiki)

Now, I see for exemple, Single Ladies: here are the writers Beyoncé Knowles, Terius "The-Dream" Nash, Thaddis "Kuk Harrell" Harrell, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart: that's 4 persons just for one song.

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 26th, 2010, 09:22 PM
*Vomits*

I like her stage presence but 16 Grammies is far too much for such mediocre songs.

ITA. but you have to understand modern day grammy awards are nothing but a popularity contest and the 3 or 4 major labels basically congratulationg themselves.

where's Dodoboy? :unsure:

ivanban
Feb 26th, 2010, 10:17 PM
ITA. but you have to understand modern day grammy awards are nothing but a popularity contest and the 3 or 4 major labels basically congratulationg themselves.

where's Dodoboy? :unsure:

:scared: plotting

In The Zone
Feb 26th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Same old Beyonce. Nothing new. Greedy, greedy.

hankqq
Feb 26th, 2010, 10:34 PM
It's certainly not nice or fair, but nothing different from what Madonna has done throughout her career for the last 30 or so years :shrug:

young_gunner913
Feb 26th, 2010, 10:42 PM
*waits for Dodoboy to come in here in a fiery rage of death glitter and rainbows and destroy everyone whose made a negative comment about Beyonce*

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 26th, 2010, 10:58 PM
It's certainly not nice or fair, but nothing different from what Madonna has done throughout her career for the last 30 or so years :shrug:

leave madonna outta this. :armed: and no she doesn't steal. :fiery:

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 26th, 2010, 10:59 PM
:scared: plotting

:scared:

Slutati
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Who is this Perez person?

Anyways, I didn't read the article, but I'm sure I agree. :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:12 PM
*waits for Dodoboy to come in here in a fiery rage of death glitter and rainbows and destroy everyone whose made a negative comment about Beyonce*

:rolls:

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Who is this Perez person?

Anyways, I didn't read the article, but I'm sure I agree. :lol:

:hug:

perezhilton.com. he's a blogger.

still no dodo? :o

Donny
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:18 PM

Her whole career is based on "borrowing" from black culture. She's the modern day Elvis. Yet for some reason, she has never gotten called on it.

Midnight_Robber
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:25 PM
But is this really "news"? I know hard-core Beyonce fans have managed to convince themselves that accusation after accusation and a trail of out-of-court settlements doesn't suggest that there just *might* be a genuine problem with her song-writing credits, and that people are just jellus haterz or mean to Beyonce or whatever.

I can tell that someone like Sade writes her own songs - not only because she tends to take 10-year intervals in between albums and has stated that she won't make an album unless she feels she has something to say, but because there is a signature style to her lyrics, (a familiar turn of phrase) the music and running themes that she likes to sing about. It has her unique stamp on it. I certainly don't see that with Beyonce which suggests to me she has a stable of people writing for her.

What I don't understand is why it matters whether or not a singer is also a song-writer - it's not as if I hold Holliday, Vaughn, Washington and others in less esteem because they weren't Kurt Cobain or David Bowie. I think it's great if you can write your own songs but I think that being a greater interpreter and having the ability to convey emotion is every bit as important as being able to pen a lyric. (It's not as if I think less of Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U" because I know that Prince wrote it...)

I think it's bizarre for someone to be so discontented with their own abilities that they'd try to lay claim to talents that they don't actually have. (It's like Beyonce and the acting ambition and the embarrassing hints she drops in her videos about winning Oscars. Not that I take Oscars seriously anyway but I don't understand why she thinks that she's Oscar-worthy in anyway...:confused: It's like wanting accolades despite lacking the talent for it.)

As for the Grammys. Well Hendrix and Bob Marley never won any and Beyonce with her "Freakum Dress" or whatever has 16. Which, tells me everything I need to know about the worth of one those statuettes.

Her whole career is based on "borrowing" from black culture. She's the modern day Elvis. Yet for some reason, she has never gotten called on it.

Yes black culture in general and the sub-set of black gay culture as well. She was pretty silent when she was credited with 'inventing' Vogueing of all things. :rolleyes: Then people carried on as if she 'owns' Kabbalah. Ugh. I find her very, very creepy.

young_gunner913
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:32 PM

to be honest, what culture hasnt she taken from? :lol:

hankqq
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:33 PM

:spit: :rolls: oh oliviasmith :hug: she's stolen more ideas than winona ryder has clothes.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM
:spit: :rolls: oh oliviasmith :hug: she's stolen more ideas than winona ryder has clothes.

:happy: This thread has more one liners than a Joan Rivers stand up show :p

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:48 PM
:happy: This thread has more one liners than a Joan Rivers stand up show :p

:haha:

oh I know, she's the original culture vulture. but I'm a huge fan of hers so it's okay. :ras:

Dodoboy.
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:41 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mqpxjl.jpg
Y'all fake ass BITCHES (cept you Olivia :kiss:) Stay pressed, riding Perez's gossiping dick. I ain't even mad.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2d0xvtf.jpghttp://i45.tinypic.com/nx8dn8.jpg

Paneru
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Is anyone really surprised at this point?

Beyonce & Daddy are two peas in a pod.

spiritedenergy
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:45 AM
She's done this so many times, I remember during the Destiny's Child time all of a sudden two members were replaced without any notice and filed a lawsuit:tape: In the following video there were these 2 new girls nobody knew about:tape: I guess that's what it takes to be "successful"... Can't understand still how she won all those grammies:help:

Tennisation
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:56 AM
At this point it's not considered "accusations" anymore, it's pretty much a fact. I mean, I enjoy her as an entertainer and she's had some wonderful hits, but why is it so hard for her to give credit where credit is due?

égalité
Feb 27th, 2010, 03:14 AM
So this guy is saying that Beyonce stole the credit for using someone else's music in one of her songs :spit:

God, who CARES? :weirdo:

Apoleb
Feb 27th, 2010, 03:18 AM
So this guy is saying that Beyonce stole the credit for using someone else's music in one of her songs :spit:

The Brittards care. :lol:

doni1212
Feb 27th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Y'all fake ass BITCHES (cept you Olivia :kiss:) Stay pressed, riding Perez's gossiping dick. I ain't even mad.

:lol:

I love Timaya's videos!! I'm a subscriber on youtube, :rolls:

moby
Feb 27th, 2010, 04:36 AM
That's apparently how you make it big.
And the more you steal, the bigger you are.

Which commercial mainstream artist hasn't blatantly stolen?

Brooks.
Feb 27th, 2010, 04:53 AM

I've seen her in numerous interviews claim that she had the idea for using the Stevie Nicks' song, which is a bold-faced lie. She's delusional about her own talent. I actually like her music, but it pisses me off how the music industry kisses her ass, like she is some gift from God. She's really just cut-throat thief, who will do anything to get ahead.

Say what you want about Britney, but she has never tried to steal credit for other people's ideas.

Oh, and it has already been said, but the original source is actually Billboard. Not Perez. But nice try delusional Beyonce fans.:lol: How can you people worship someone is so pathetic? Too bad she can't steal an acting credit, so she can get an Oscar :tape:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 27th, 2010, 05:05 AM

Vartan
Feb 27th, 2010, 06:06 AM

Gaga?

tommyk75
Feb 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I actually think Madonna's been pretty straight up about her collaborations, at least from the 90's on. She's been quoted about how she saw a Vogueing performance and was blown away ("I didn't know where to look") and ended up hiring two of the dancers for her Blonde Ambition tour. I've never heard her claim to invent vogueing, and she's also talked quite a bit about how people like Mirwais and William Orbit have helped to shape her sound.

Now, Beyonce on the other hand... I still remember watching her on TV (might have been MTV) talking about how the word "Bootylicious" just came to her when she was on a plane ride somewhere, and she didn't mention anybody else coming up with the song. Also, I read that Ne-Yo was upset about her talking about "writing" the song "If I Were a Boy" while on stage, since he was the one who actually came up with it. I don't know, but it does come off rather shady. Beyonce's a great entertainer, no doubt, and she should be happy with that, though.

The Witch-king
Feb 27th, 2010, 11:45 AM

there's a difference between borrowing and being influenced by a culture ( and acknowledging it as Madonna has) and straight up STEALING. Not that Bee has done such a thing :angel:

Dodoboy.
Feb 27th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I've seen her in numerous interviews claim that she had the idea for using the Stevie Nicks' song, which is a bold-faced lie. She's delusional about her own talent. I actually like her music, but it pisses me off how the music industry kisses her ass, like she is some gift from God. She's really just cut-throat thief, who will do anything to get ahead.

Say what you want about Britney, but she has never tried to steal credit for other people's ideas.

Oh, and it has already been said, but the original source is actually Billboard. Not Perez. But nice try delusional Beyonce fans.:lol: How can you people worship someone is so pathetic? Too bad she can't steal an acting credit, so she can get an Oscar :tape:

http://i45.tinypic.com/ojfjiu.jpg

rockstar
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
dodoboy has nothing to say :haha:

but i still think beyonce's great as a performer and singer

Dodoboy.
Feb 27th, 2010, 01:36 PM
This is kindergarten level Stan Assessment, not even bothered.

Dandy_Warhol
Feb 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM

This is kindergarten level Stan Assessment, not even bothered.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24b2frq.jpg

however, i'm not surprised such things are coming out:o

Joana
Feb 27th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Now, I see for exemple, Single Ladies: here are the writers Beyoncé Knowles, Terius "The-Dream" Nash, Thaddis "Kuk Harrell" Harrell, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart: that's 4 persons just for one song.

What? It took four people to come up with "If you like then you shoulda put a ring on it! If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it! If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it! If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it! Oh-oh-oh oooh-oh-ooh!!! Oh-oh-oh oooh-oh-ooh!!!"?

gentenaire
Feb 27th, 2010, 04:04 PM
there's a difference between borrowing and being influenced by a culture ( and acknowledging it as Madonna has) and straight up STEALING. Not that Bee has done such a thing :angel:

and then flat out lying in interviews about how she supposedly came up with the ideas.

What? It took four people to come up with "If you like then you shoulda put a ring on it! If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it! If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it! If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it! Oh-oh-oh oooh-oh-ooh!!! Oh-oh-oh oooh-oh-ooh!!!"?

Beyoncé may have written the oh-oh-oh-oooh part.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
At this point it's not considered "accusations" anymore, it's pretty much a fact. I mean, I enjoy her as an entertainer and she's had some wonderful hits, but why is it so hard for her to give credit where credit is due?

cause she won't rake in the millions she does if she gives someone else credit

harloo
Feb 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM

:haha::haha:Apparently most of the posters in this thread have little knowledge about the music business because it's standard industry practice for a major artist to rearrange lyrics,write a line or small verse and receive a writing credit. Most songwriters will forfeit a small credit for international exposure of their talent that only a superstar can bring. Songwriters come a dime a dozen in the industry but if you have one successful mainstream hit the offers flood in. So the benefit of working with a major artist, even giving that point away, can be profitable ten times over. However, since Beyonce has always been public enemy #1 her detractors will act like she's the only artist in the history of music ever to engage in this practice.

As for the article,the dispute was over a guitar riff stolen from Stevie Nicks(the original creator). First of all Beyonce doesn't make beats so why he would implicate her in this mess is beyond me. Secondly, the guy is upset because he wanted to play the riff (as a cover) in the studio which would have given him more publishing. Being that they just sampled the riff Stevie Nicks received the proper credit and even appeared in the video so obviously she was elated.

How are you going to get upset because you can't receive more publishing for something you sampled anyways? :tape: He only wanted to maximize his share by stealing from Stevie. It's interesting because after the track was completed he stated Beyonce was a great songwriter. :) I guess since things haven't quite worked out with his career it's time to throw Beyonce and under the bus. The music industry is so shady. :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 27th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I used to love Beyonce but now finding out all these years she's been a liar is very off-putting. Her dad has a lot to do with it though :fiery:

So I guess when ever you read production notes and there are like 5 writers named you can pretty much assume the artist did nothing.

Monica_Rules
Feb 27th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Wow about 6/7 years too late

Who cares?

Chrissie-fan
Feb 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM
:lol: I wonder why some of those pop stars even WANT people to believe that they wrote such stuff. A far more natural reaction to the question of "Who wrote that song?" would be, "It wasn't me! I deny it! They did it!"

Stamp Paid
Feb 27th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Gaga?
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ciarán
Feb 27th, 2010, 07:04 PM
:yawn:

What an obnoxious phag Periz is. :o Oh and who cares? Almost all musicians steal from others now and days. Even that saint Gaga.

Obnoxious people as deep as puddles don't care :) The rest of the intellectual world do :wavey: Finally more people feel towards Beyoncé as I do :bowdown:

Stamp Paid
Feb 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2rn7msw.gif

Olórin
Feb 27th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Wow about 6/7 years too late

Who cares?

LOL as far as Grammys are concerned yes. She's already managed to rack up 16 of those little cereal box awards now.

I wish she would just admit she is what she is: a performer.

Olórin
Feb 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM

Got an itch there :hehehe:

The Witch-king
Feb 27th, 2010, 10:47 PM

you realise that song writing isn't just about the lyrics right?

Slutati
Feb 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Gaga?
:spit:

Kinda disappointed with Dodoboy not defending her properly. He's a terrible stan.

Tennisation
Feb 27th, 2010, 10:53 PM
An itch to steal?

Dave.
Feb 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM

This. :yeah:

Not sure who exactly Donny was implying Madonna has stolen from.

Dodoboy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:34 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/j603zr.gif

Obnoxious people as deep as puddles don't care :) The rest of the intellectual world do :wavey: Finally more people feel towards Beyoncé as I do :bowdown:

Finally? Where you been? :haha:

Yassss!

:spit:

Kinda disappointed with Dodoboy not defending her properly. He's a terrible stan.
Boy please, sit your tired ass down! Don't come for me, you don't know SHIT. This is for a stan? bitch please you think i've been a stan for what, 5 minutes? BYE!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wez97n.jpg
I'd be mad too, the 'insignificant' have been mentioned again and again and again and again in this thread.

Donny
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM
This. :yeah:

Not sure who exactly Donny was implying Madonna has stolen from.

s3bksUSPB4c

7Ev1RV6e3Ns

Notice any similarity? She basically took the 3 note bassline from that Four Tops song and altered it a little bit so it wouldn't sound exactly alike and wouldn't have to give sample credits.

Slutati
Feb 28th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Boy please, sit your tired ass down! Don't come for me, you don't know SHIT. This is for a stan? bitch please you think i've been a stan for what, 5 minutes? BYE!

http://i38.tinypic.com/344avso.jpg

Owned!

PlayByPlay
Feb 28th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I am not surprise. She is good at performing excluding the singing, but have you ever watch her do an interview ? Its like she has no personality and she really isn't that intelligent either. The Larry King interview she did last year was disturbing. Its like she is programmed to just sing and dance but to hold an intelligent conversation and be articulate is too much for her brain. By the way most of the songs she has sung will not be remembered or played as classics in the next 10 yrs.

Dave.
Feb 28th, 2010, 02:03 AM
s3bksUSPB4c

7Ev1RV6e3Ns

Notice any similarity? She basically took the 3 note bassline from that Four Tops song and altered it a little bit so it wouldn't sound exactly alike and wouldn't have to give sample credits.

Madonna does not deny there are similarities between the two songs. She even incorporates that one into her performance here from 2:00: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6K5SYEsEI

So, there is some acknowledgement and credit given. Anyway, Madonna has been around for so long, has done a whole range of music and set so many trends I wouldn't say her career is based on this kind of thing. More of her work is original.

I don't understand what the big problem is about Beyonce either btw.

Donny
Feb 28th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Madonna does not deny there are similarities between the two songs. She even incorporates that one into her performance here from 2:00: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6K5SYEsEI

So, there is some acknowledgement and credit given. Anyway, Madonna has been around for so long, has done a whole range of music and set so many trends I wouldn't say her career is based on this kind of thing. More of her work is original.

Altering someone's beat and then not including them in the liner notes is Bush League.

delicatecutter
Feb 28th, 2010, 02:10 AM

Beyonce claiming that it was her idea to use the Edge of Seventeen sample, when in reality she had NOTHING to do with it, is a pretty big problem in my book. I used to think she actually did have some kind of songwriting talent. But now I realize she has probably written almost no words that she actually sings. Yet she is almost always on the song credits. :o

mckyle.
Feb 28th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I wonder if Beyonce had ever even heard Edge of Seventeen before she did Bootylicious?

delicatecutter
Feb 28th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I wonder if Beyonce had ever even heard Edge of Seventeen before she did Bootylicious?

I wonder if she had ever even heard of Stevie Nicks? :o

Donny
Feb 28th, 2010, 03:41 AM
I wonder if she had ever even heard of Stevie Nicks? :o

Who the hell is Stevie Nicks?

mykarma
Feb 28th, 2010, 03:44 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/j603zr.gif

Finally? Where you been? :haha:

Yassss!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wez97n.jpg
I'd be mad too, the 'insignificant' have been mentioned again and again and again and again in this thread.
Thanks Donny, I've never noticed before.

The Witch-king
Feb 28th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Altering someone's beat and then not including them in the liner notes is Bush League.

y'all are talking about like a virgin right?
Madonna is not even credited for writing that song so I'm not sure how that furthers your "she stole from black culture and took credit for it" argument. I'd also like to add that a LOT of popular eighties songs share similar basslines, guitar riffs, synth lines etc. Even Billie Jean is similar to this song. And my god there are so many songs with similarities to "Holiday"...

Donny
Feb 28th, 2010, 04:53 AM
y'all are talking about like a virgin right?
Madonna is not even credited for writing that song so I'm not sure how that furthers your "she stole from black culture and took credit for it" argument. I'd also like to add that a LOT of popular eighties songs share similar basslines, guitar riffs, synth lines etc. Even Billie Jean is similar to this song. And my god there are so many songs with similarities to "Holiday"...

They took that Four Tops song and altered it. The producers admitted as much, Madonna's even implicitly admitted it. When you sample a song, you give credit in the album notes. That's not rocket science.

ampers&
Feb 28th, 2010, 05:53 AM
LOL @ the insinuation that you belong to the "intellectual world." :sobbing:

The Witch-king
Feb 28th, 2010, 06:17 AM
They took that Four Tops song and altered it. The producers admitted as much, Madonna's even implicitly admitted it. When you sample a song, you give credit in the album notes. That's not rocket science.

as if she doesnt do that.

Also, this thread is about Beyonce allegedly taking credit for and earning money for other peoples ideas/compositions while claiming them as her own. Madonna was not credited as the producer or songwriter of Like A Virgin. She would have benefited/been paid in the same way as the performer whether or not the Four Tops were given songwriting or sample credit. :shrug:

RYNJ
Feb 28th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I used to love Beyonce but now finding out all these years she's been a liar is very off-putting. Her dad has a lot to do with it though :fiery:

So I guess when ever you read production notes and there are like 5 writers named you can pretty much assume the artist did nothing.

Yeah, I kind of stepped out of the Beyonce bandwagon after the whole "If I Were a Boy" and "Smash Into You" came out on her album and she got writing credit for it even though the songs came out before the album probably was even started :rolleyes: I still like her as an artist, but thats low. I remember she would say how she wrote "Irreplaceable" and Ne-Yo called her off on it...

SO GLAD GAGA CAME AROUND!! :hearts: That night when my friends dragged me to the gay club to see unknown gaga and she was performing and never heard of her before will always be one of the best days of my life! :hearts::lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
Feb 28th, 2010, 08:13 AM
at least the girl can saaang

unless that's fake too xD
perhaps she is machine

RYNJ
Feb 28th, 2010, 08:18 AM
at least the girl can saaang

unless that's fake too xD
perhaps she is machine

You are alive!

volta
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM
what's new ? :lol:

doni1212
Feb 28th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Oh shit @ 1:12!! :rolls:
Just listen to the first 1:30...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRtRwLf2ROU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRtRwLf2ROU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dodoboy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM
That interview is a hot damn MESS!

Look how shit Ne-Yo makes the song :rolls: Shows how much Bee MAKES the song, he even copies her runs :rolls:

Adal
Feb 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/xxAgainstTheRest/ONTD/stfdbeyonka.gif

hankqq
Feb 28th, 2010, 07:01 PM
For those of you who don't believe Madonna has "stolen" a lot, you're clearly mistaken :lol: She's no different than Beyonce. Madonna has stolen lyrics, beats, concepts for her videos, outfits/styles.. I'll just give a few examples:

-"Justify My Love". She didn't write this. It was originally a poem written by Ingrid Chavez, a protege of Prince. Chavez was tinkering around with recording an album. Kravitz wrote the hook and chorus of it with her. Somehow this got on Madonna's album (she and Kravitz were having a fling at the time). Originally, Madonna and Kravitz were listed as the sole writers, even though Madonna didn't really do anything except maybe alter a line here or there. After the album came out, Chavez sued them both and won the case. All albums made after the settlement now list Chavez as a co-writer.
Additionally, the beat to "Justify My Love" was taken from Public Enemy's "Security of the First World".

-Madonna's video for "Hollywood" was a rip off of a French artist named Guy Bourdin. His son sued Madonna, and Madonna chose to settle the case out of court by paying up a large sum.

-the beat you hear in the verse portions of "Material Girl" are directly taken from the chorus portions of Melissa Manchester's "You Should Hear How She Talks About You", which came out a year before Madonna's track.

-Madonna's song "Sky Fits Heaven"-some of the lyrics were taken from a GAP commercial :spit: she made a deal with the commercial's writer, Max Blagg, that he would be paid off well but would not appear as a co-writer on the song.

There are many other instances of this throughout her career...so let's not say Madonna only "borrows" from cultures. She takes ideas, just like Beyonce. If you're gonna slam Beyonce, then slam Madonna too, who does and has done the same thing for a longer time :lol:

Dodoboy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 07:23 PM

Love that!

LeRoy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM
God, you have got to love the logical reasoning here. If Madonna did it, so its ok for Beyonce to do it. :haha:

hankqq
Feb 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM
God, you have got to love the logical reasoning here. If Madonna did it, so its ok for Beyonce to do it. :haha:

I never said that :shrug: I haven't defended Beyonce :lol: It's just some posters in this thread seem to think Beyonce is the only singer doing these kinds of things, when in fact, many other artists do it, and the queen of copy is Madonna. There were some older threads in which posters were saying "Beyonce isn't original but Madonna is..." and so I'm just stating in my posts that Madonna is not as original as some people believe and that a lot of her work did not start out as her own. Both she and Beyonce have done some shady stuff, but on wtaworld, only Beyonce gets slammed for it. I think that has to do with the age of some posters here, since Madonna has been around for so long:shrug:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 28th, 2010, 09:19 PM

Fucking death! :rolls:

Beat
Feb 28th, 2010, 09:20 PM

and that's 4 people for one song without a fucking tune.

Beat
Feb 28th, 2010, 09:31 PM
What I don't understand is why it matters whether or not a singer is also a song-writer - it's not as if I hold Holliday, Vaughn, Washington and others in less esteem because they weren't Kurt Cobain or David Bowie. I think it's great if you can write your own songs but I think that being a greater interpreter and having the ability to convey emotion is every bit as important as being able to pen a lyric. (It's not as if I think less of Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U" because I know that Prince wrote it...)

that's a very intelligent paragraph :worship: but i might add: a good interpreter is an entertainer - just as beyoncé is, arguably -, but not an artist.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM
that's a very intelligent paragraph :worship: but i might add: a good interpreter is an entertainer - just as beyoncé is, arguably -, but not an artist.
What if someone writes 50% of his/her own songs? Is he/she an artist half of the time and an entertainer the rest of the time? How about, say, the Rolling Stones? Are Richards and Jagger artists because they write the songs and the other two entertainers because all they do is play them? Is Martha Argerich not an artist because she didn't compose the Rachmaninov and Chopin piano concertos she plays? Was Maria Callas not an artist because Bellini and Verdi composed the operas she excelled in? How about actors/actresses? Not many of them write the scripts of the movies they perform in. Same thing goes for the directors. I understand what you're saying, but it seems to me that the word artist implies that one is creatively involved, and one can be just as creative in interpreting existing material as in coming up with new stuff.

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:08 PM
:haha::haha:Apparently most of the posters in this thread have little knowledge about the music business because it's standard industry practice for a major artist to rearrange lyrics,write a line or small verse and receive a writing credit. Most songwriters will forfeit a small credit for international exposure of their talent that only a superstar can bring. Songwriters come a dime a dozen in the industry but if you have one successful mainstream hit the offers flood in. So the benefit of working with a major artist, even giving that point away, can be profitable ten times over. However, since Beyonce has always been public enemy #1 her detractors will act like she's the only artist in the history of music ever to engage in this practice.

As for the article,the dispute was over a guitar riff stolen from Stevie Nicks(the original creator). First of all Beyonce doesn't make beats so why he would implicate her in this mess is beyond me. Secondly, the guy is upset because he wanted to play the riff (as a cover) in the studio which would have given him more publishing. Being that they just sampled the riff Stevie Nicks received the proper credit and even appeared in the video so obviously she was elated.

How are you going to get upset because you can't receive more publishing for something you sampled anyways? :tape: He only wanted to maximize his share by stealing from Stevie. It's interesting because after the track was completed he stated Beyonce was a great songwriter. :) I guess since things haven't quite worked out with his career it's time to throw Beyonce and under the bus. The music industry is so shady. :lol:

This :worship:

He basically wanted to rob Stevie by playing the riff himself to avoid copyright infringement and people are bashing Beyonce. :lol:

Dd the people in this thread actually read the article. im glad they sampled the original song. If anyone should be profiting from the riff it should be Stevie not Fusari.

Living_Legend
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Beyonce is and will always be a great vocalist and good dancer, but as far as I am concerened that's all she is...personally I don't care whether or not an artist writes a song, if its a good song that I enjoy I'll buy it (I'm a Britney fan aren't I)...but all this stealing does leave a bitter taste, its a shame that people who have worked hard are basically being ripped off by this woman.

Since GaGa has come along to me Beyonce is becoming more irrelevant to me anyway, I just love her songs more...plus she actually can write a hit!!!

Donny
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Beyonce is and will always be a great vocalist and good dancer, but as far as I am concerened that's all she is...personally I don't care whether or not an artist writes a song, if its a good song that I enjoy I'll buy it (I'm a Britney fan aren't I)...but all this stealing does leave a bitter taste, its a shame that people who have worked hard are basically being ripped off by this woman.

Since GaGa has come along to me Beyonce is becoming more irrelevant to me anyway, I just love her songs more...plus she actually can write a hit!!!

If they don't want Beyonce to get writing credits for their song, don't give her permission to use their songs. Beyonce isn't holding anyone at gunpoint.

dybbuk
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Why is Beyonce being defended so much? Isn't this the same woman who tried to get writing credits for O Holy Night or some other classic Christmas carol?

youizahoe
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:28 PM
That's a quite well known fact :)

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Why is Beyonce being defended so much? Isn't this the same woman who tried to get writing credits for O Holy Night or some other classic Christmas carol?

PLEASE tell me that you're kidding? Please. :hysteric:

youizahoe
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:37 PM

MORE please :inlove:

dybbuk
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:42 PM
PLEASE tell me that you're kidding? Please. :hysteric:

Yes, according to Wikipedia Beyonce has writing credits for Silent Night on a Destiny's Child Christmas album.

youizahoe
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:43 PM
For real? :rolls:

Slutiana
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, according to Wikipedia Beyonce has writing credits for Silent Night on a Destiny's Child Christmas album.
She PuT LoAdSa AdLiBs Init so she deservz it!!!!111

Living_Legend
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:55 PM

:eek: You're kidding right???

Does this woman have no shame??? :haha:

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:58 PM

The pain...oh the pain. I can't...I just can't. :sobbing: :sobbing: :tears:

delicatecutter
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised she didn't try to add her name to the Bee Gees cover DC did. Oh wait, didn't she first try to act like she wrote it?

LeRoy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:03 PM
OMG She and her dad are shady as hell.

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Did she "write" Emotions as well? I'm scared to look. :happy: :rolleyes:

LeRoy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Its a crying shame that someone as talented as Beyonce will go down as the biggest copycat in the music industry who tried to take credit for someone else's work. She may have done this to get more credibility as an artist but, thus far, it has hurt her far more than it has helped her. Time to wisen up, Bey.

delicatecutter
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Apparently she co-wrote Ave Maria as well. :help:

Living_Legend
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:14 PM

:haha: please...this is killing me :haha:

Does she think we're all thick as shit???

Has she tried to claim credit for 'You Oughta Know'??? I mean she sang it at the Grammys, is that not the same as writing it??? :confused::haha:

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:20 PM

Arent the lyrics from her version different than the original?
I've only heard her version

Below are the lyrics to Beyonce's verison:
She was lost in so many different ways
Out in the darkness with no guide
I know the cost of a losing hand
Never thought the grace of God go high

I found heaven on earth
You were my last, my first
And then I hear this voice inside
Ave Maria

I've been alone when I'm surrounded by friends
How could the silence be so loud?
But I still go home knowing that I've got you
There's only us when the lights go down

You are my heaven on earth
You are my hunger, my thirst
I always hear this voice inside
Singing Ave Maria

Sometimes love can come and pass you by
While your busy making plans
Suddenly hit you and then you realize
It's out of your hands, baby you got to understand

You are my heaven on earth
You are my last, my first
And then I hear this voice inside
Ave Maria, Ave Maria, Ave Maria

youizahoe
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Arent the lyrics from her version different than the original?

If there are parts that are the same with another song, you can't claim it, that's what I know :)

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
If there are parts that are the same with another song, you can't claim it, that's what I know :)

You cant fully claim but wouldnt you get credit the lyrics that you wrote making you a cowriter?

LeRoy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM
The best example of Beyonce "writing" songs is "Smash into you". Jon McLaughlin wrote and performed a song "Smack into you". Beyonce changed the word "Smack" to "Smash" and claims she wrote the song. :haha:

LeRoy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:31 PM
A former Sony employee is sending emails to internet sites claiming that Knowles has not written a single song on her latest “I Am…Sasha Fierce” CD.Here is the email that has been flying around.

A lot of these artists claim to be songwriters, but don’t always write a thing. Some, like Beyonce, serve as vocal arrangements, which points to part of the song’s composition, and thus, receive a songwriting and production credit. Others, like Beyonce, can demand credit based on their name alone. I myself have heard of new song writers looking for placement with Beyonce’s last album being told Beyonce demands a certain amount of publishing upfront (and it’s substantial) or they could “be paid handsomely” to politely remove their name from the song altogether. Fact is, Beyonce didn’t write one song on “I Am…Sasha Fierce.” Beyonce and her team have bought the rights from the songwriters and then Beyonce took credit for it. I have no idea about previous albums but it’s obvious that Beyonce never had a pen in her hand, which is a shame because Beyonce claims something she isn’t.

delicatecutter
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:31 PM
You cant fully claim but wouldnt you get credit the lyrics that you wrote making you a cowriter?

I'm sure she wrote the lyrics the same way she wrote the ones for Irreplaceable.

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
The best example of Beyonce "writing" songs is "Smash into you". Jon McLaughlin wrote and performed a song "Smack into you". Beyonce changed the word "Smack" to "Smash" and claims she wrote the song. :haha:

youizahoe
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Yeah but the thing is, Beyoncé doesn't write songs herself, She probably buys the credits, which is also possible.

The Dawntreader
Feb 28th, 2010, 11:40 PM
This is Beyonce people!

She'd try and pass gravity off as her own discovery.

Dandy_Warhol
Mar 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM

http://i45.tinypic.com/zv1qv4.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/33bihvs.jpg

Brooks.
Mar 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM
This would be a NON-ISSUE, if Beyonce didn't claim to be the mastermind behind all of her hits. Which she does,in every freaking interview that she gives. She tries so damn hard to get people to believe she's something that she's not. The mainstream media has largely ignored these claims. It's unfortunate.

I have a feeling, it will all blow up in her face one day.

The media will report that Britney lip syncs, or Christina gives bj's for tracks; the fakest bitch out there, is Beyonce. And her fans can't say anything to defend her, so they resort to posting gifs. It reeks of desperation.

doni1212
Mar 1st, 2010, 03:50 AM

That really pisses me off everytime I hear that. DISGUSTING.

A former Sony employee is sending emails to internet sites claiming that Knowles has not written a single song on her latest “I Am…Sasha Fierce” CD.Here is the email that has been flying around.

A lot of these artists claim to be songwriters, but don’t always write a thing. Some, like Beyonce, serve as vocal arrangements, which points to part of the song’s composition, and thus, receive a songwriting and production credit. Others, like Beyonce, can demand credit based on their name alone. I myself have heard of new song writers looking for placement with Beyonce’s last album being told Beyonce demands a certain amount of publishing upfront (and it’s substantial) or they could “be paid handsomely” to politely remove their name from the song altogether. Fact is, Beyonce didn’t write one song on “I Am…Sasha Fierce.” Beyonce and her team have bought the rights from the songwriters and then Beyonce took credit for it. I have no idea about previous albums but it’s obvious that Beyonce never had a pen in her hand, which is a shame because Beyonce claims something she isn’t.

SMDH. She seriously needs to be exposed so she can stop doing shit like this and then claiming that SHE wrote all her songs, :rolleyes:

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:39 AM
For those of you who don't believe Madonna has "stolen" a lot, you're clearly mistaken :lol: She's no different than Beyonce. Madonna has stolen lyrics, beats, concepts for her videos, outfits/styles.. I'll just give a few examples:

-"Justify My Love". She didn't write this. It was originally a poem written by Ingrid Chavez, a protege of Prince. Chavez was tinkering around with recording an album. Kravitz wrote the hook and chorus of it with her. Somehow this got on Madonna's album (she and Kravitz were having a fling at the time). Originally, Madonna and Kravitz were listed as the sole writers, even though Madonna didn't really do anything except maybe alter a line here or there. After the album came out, Chavez sued them both and won the case. All albums made after the settlement now list Chavez as a co-writer.
Additionally, the beat to "Justify My Love" was taken from Public Enemy's "Security of the First World".

-Madonna's video for "Hollywood" was a rip off of a French artist named Guy Bourdin. His son sued Madonna, and Madonna chose to settle the case out of court by paying up a large sum.

-the beat you hear in the verse portions of "Material Girl" are directly taken from the chorus portions of Melissa Manchester's "You Should Hear How She Talks About You", which came out a year before Madonna's track.

-Madonna's song "Sky Fits Heaven"-some of the lyrics were taken from a GAP commercial :spit: she made a deal with the commercial's writer, Max Blagg, that he would be paid off well but would not appear as a co-writer on the song.

There are many other instances of this throughout her career...so let's not say Madonna only "borrows" from cultures. She takes ideas, just like Beyonce. If you're gonna slam Beyonce, then slam Madonna too, who does and has done the same thing for a longer time :lol:

wow how do you know all this stuff?:eek:

But you can't compare Madonna's Hollywood video with this, most take ideas from others for the videos...

Also I guess Madonna was more original in copying, she had a broad interest in diverse stuff and took ideas from here and there (the whole concept of the blond ambition tour for example), Beyonce I'm not sure she doesn't even know what she's talking about, it's probably her dad behind everything.

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:50 AM
this thread :hysteric:

pokey camp
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:12 AM
Beyonce claiming that it was her idea to use the Edge of Seventeen sample, when in reality she had NOTHING to do with it, is a pretty big problem in my book.
:lol: Yes. Here she is lying through her teeth to her fans about how she came up with the idea to use the Stevie riff for Bootyilicous:

mcLwSrZS3pQ

“It’s 2000 and we were on a long flight to Japan and I came across this Stevie Nicks sample… Something about this guitar riff reminded me of a voluptuous woman.” :o :o :o

She also tried to steal Des’ree’s song “Kissing You.” So Des’ree sued her thieving ass:

British singer Des'ree is suing Beyonce Knowles, claiming she ignored copyright rules when recording a cover of her hit Kissing You. Des'ree filed a lawsuit in Manhattan yesterday, alleging Knowles never obtained proper clearance to use the song she wrote. According to the suit, obtained by TMZ.com, Des'ree claims the terms her team submitted to Knowles for use of the song were not satisfactory, and as a result the former Destiny's Child star ignored copyright law and recorded her own version. The terms stated Knowles couldn't re-title the song or film a video using the track. Knowles recorded the track as Still In Love (Kissing You) for the new Deluxe Edition of her B'Day album. Des'ree is seeking $150,000 in damages. Link (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/04/19/beyonce_knowles_sued_over_missing_you).

pokey camp
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:17 AM
Aaaand in other Beyonce Theft News:

A German court recently found that Beyonce and Sony infringed on this company’s copyright and upheld the injunction barring Sony from playing Video Phone in Germany. Beyonce and Sony of course claim that they (just like the original designer) were only inspired by Picasso and otherwise there were few similarities. :o :weirdo: :help:

http://i46.tinypic.com/29zrgb9.jpg

The design was created by student who won a competition and the underwear was featured in Vogue and on Triumph’s site long before the video ever came out.

German article (http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/panorama/Beyonc-und-Lady-Gaga-tragen-die-falsche-Unterwaesche-id2542576.html).

hankqq
Mar 1st, 2010, 06:42 AM
wow how do you know all this stuff?:eek:

But you can't compare Madonna's Hollywood video with this, most take ideas from others for the videos...

Also I guess Madonna was more original in copying, she had a broad interest in diverse stuff and took ideas from here and there (the whole concept of the blond ambition tour for example), Beyonce I'm not sure she doesn't even know what she's talking about, it's probably her dad behind everything.

:lol: because like most people, I grew up thinking Madonna was really original and I was curious how she got all her ideas. Then 1 day while online I stumbled on to a couple websites that list all of her rip offs/lawsuits against her :lol: I can't think of anyone who has been successfully taken to court as often as Madonna.

here's something else interesting-her song "Frozen"? It's banned from being distributed or played on the radio in Belgium because a Belgian court ruled she plagiarized parts of the song from a song by some Belgian singer :lol:

and about the Hollywood video-she was sued because most of the scenes were direct copies of that French artist's work :lol:

and I certainly agree that Madonna seems to know more what she's doing than Beyonce does, but that doesn't make it any more right :lol: It's one thing to be a painter and paint something that inspires you. It's another thing entirely to call yourself a painter and paint a copy of a picture someone else has made :lol: :p IMO, Madonna and Beyonce are performers, and not artists since they don't usually come up with their own material.

and I could go on and on about the various lyrics, beats, outfits, visual concepts etc that Madonna has stolen throughout the years, I could show the videos and lyrics and pictures that prove Madonna is just as guilty as Beyonce, but I see this is more of a "let's hate Beyonce" thread, and a lot of posters are ignoring what i'm saying so it's pointless to continue :lol: If anyone else is curious about other stuff Madonna has ripped off, just pm me :lol: :wavey:

and just to repeat my point-I'm not defending Beyonce. All I'm saying is she is not the only, or biggest copycat out there. Maybe she's the biggest rip off of her generation, but not in history :lol: Madonna was inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and has won numerous awards, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that Beyonce is headed towards that same path :lol:

tommyk75
Mar 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM
About the "Justify My Love" situation, Madonna addressed that in an interview (again, I believe it was on MTV) a long while ago. She said that she was "innocent of the whole situation" and explained that Lenny Kravitz had come to her with the song and never mentioned Ingrid Chavez's contribution to the song. So when the news hit, Lenny ended up receiving pretty much all the blame from the media, which to be honest seems rather justified (no pun intended). Apparently, Lenny was furious with Madonna, and they stopped being friends for some time before they somehow patched things up.

About the "Frozen" story, I'm not really familiar on that, so I can't comment. However, yes, Madonna is definitely guilty in the "Hollywood" video situation. That was indeed artistic robbery, and she should have gotten permission from that photographer before "borrowing" the images.

That being said, I guess the thing that bugs me more about Beyonce is how she so often makes comments like "I wrote that song to..." and "I write my songs because..." in a way of aggrandizing herself (like in the video posted above). I actually have more respect for people like Celine Dion and Whitney Houston who are happy to sing songs other people write and don't try to claim otherwise.

RYNJ
Mar 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1479/gaagbee.gif

rockstar
Mar 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM
omg dead at all that gif :haha: :sobbing:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 1st, 2010, 02:33 PM

o.....em....geeee!!!!!!!!!!!

:hysteric:

delicatecutter
Mar 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
It's funny because you know Beyonce would steal that song in a heartbeat if she could get away with it. :hysteric:

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM

:hysteric: :worship::lol: :happy:

Living_Legend
Mar 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
It's funny because you know Beyonce would steal that song in a heartbeat if she could get away with it. :hysteric:

I was about to say about to say exactly the same thing.

As someone said before, I have more respect for artist that sing songs written by other people and just take the stigma that comes with that, than I do Beyonce, I really used to rate her but now I see her as just a performer plain and simple!!!

Slutati
Mar 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM
OMG. :rolls:

Renee
Mar 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM
oh shit:worship::D
and I can't stand Madonna for the same reason I am beginning to dislike Beyonce--two of the biggest copycats out there:o

Direwolf
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:06 PM
hate her all you want, but
she is still the one with
the great voice right now!!

dont think people would care in ten years...

plantman
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:15 PM

:spit:.....:haha:

Living_Legend
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM

And that makes it OK???

She's not even got the best voice out there right now, there are several singers who could sing circles around Beyonce!!!

Andrew Laeddis
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
And that makes it OK???

She's not even got the best voice out there right now, there are several singers who could sing circles around Beyonce!!!

As far as mainstream artists there is about two who are vocally superior (Christina, Leona) and one who used to be (Mariah).

Living_Legend
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM
As far as mainstream artists there is about two who are vocally superior (Christina, Leona) and one who used to be (Mariah).

Even shitty modern day Mariah, if caught on a good day, could give Beyonce a run for her money...I'm not saying Beyonce's a bad singer, she is one of the best, but there are singers out there who are superior, 3 have been mentioned!

youizahoe
Mar 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Beyoncé can sing well, but her singing is more about screaming and shouting.

And don't be fooled, Beyoncé's songs are also digitally remastered, just like everyone else.

Dodoboy.
Mar 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM

GENIUS!

GENIUS!

:haha:!!

Dodoboy.
Mar 1st, 2010, 09:24 PM
There's one of these threads every few months, people stay mad. Bee gets dragged through the dirt.

Next day, she does it again :haha:

Move on with your lives people, or just stay mad :shrug:

dybbuk
Mar 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM
Beyonce is only considered a great singer because other pop singers are awful and need auto-tune to sound half-decent. There's so many indie and lesser known singers who are far superior singers to her though.

AlejandroRuiz22
Mar 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
We never really know the whole truth... Only Beyounce knew the whole story... Despite of that rumors beyonce would still remain famous and a great performer. This accusations might affect her popularity but beyounce's fans will always be there to support her, as well as cherish all her music... :)

Dunlop1
Mar 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM
My only problem with Beyonce is she sounds dumb as dirt when she speaks.

Her body is :drool::drool::drool:

Apoleb
Mar 2nd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Just in...

Beyonce fires Dodoboy after reading this thread.

GracefulVenus
Mar 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
:bs: Ya'll better get of B!!! Just like the world to try to tear someone down after building them up. Freakin' haters!!!

gentenaire
Mar 2nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
About the "Frozen" story, I'm not really familiar on that, so I can't comment. However, yes, Madonna is definitely guilty in the "Hollywood" video situation. That was indeed artistic robbery, and she should have gotten permission from that photographer before "borrowing" the images.

That whole Frozen thing is absolutely ridiculous. I think it was more a case of a coincidence rather than actual copying. I doubt Madonna ever heard the song she supposedly copied. When I went to her concert last year, everyone was wondering if she was going to play Frozen. We all hoped she would but she risked having the concert stopped right away or face a huge fine.
She did play Frozen, got loud cheers for it, and as far as I'm aware, nothing came of it.

That being said, I guess the thing that bugs me more about Beyonce is how she so often makes comments like "I wrote that song to..." and "I write my songs because..." in a way of aggrandizing herself (like in the video posted above). I actually have more respect for people like Celine Dion and Whitney Houston who are happy to sing songs other people write and don't try to claim otherwise.

Spot on.
Beyoncé is flat out lying to her fans. She shows a complete lack of respect for the people who buy her records, who come to see her show when she's lying like that.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Beyonce is only considered a great singer because other pop singers are awful and need auto-tune to sound half-decent. There's so many indie and lesser known singers who are far superior singers to her though.

this

youizahoe
Mar 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM

LeRoy.
Mar 2nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
Here is what Beyonce's dad told producer Rob Fusari who came up with the idea of to use Stevie Nicks riffs from her 1982 hit, "Edge of Seventeen."

Fusari said he approached Mathew Knowles, Beyoncé's father and manager, who supposedly told him no one wanted to know about his part in the song. "People don't want to hear about Rob Fusari, producer from Livingston, New Jersey," Knowles reportedly told the producer. "No offense, but that's not what sells records. What sells records is people believing that the artist is everything."

Unfortunately in this case, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. :o :help: :sad: Well, eventually the truth comes out and makes people like Beyonce and her dad look like the sketchy, shady people they really are.

AlejandroRuiz22
Mar 2nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
i so agree!

doni1212
Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:00 AM
:lol: Yes. Here she is lying through her teeth to her fans about how she came up with the idea to use the Stevie riff for Bootyilicous:

mcLwSrZS3pQ

“It’s 2000 and we were on a long flight to Japan and I came across this Stevie Nicks sample… Something about this guitar riff reminded me of a voluptuous woman.” :o :o :o

She also tried to steal Des’ree’s song “Kissing You.” So Des’ree sued her thieving ass:

Link (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/04/19/beyonce_knowles_sued_over_missing_you).

Aaaand in other Beyonce Theft News:

A German court recently found that Beyonce and Sony infringed on this company’s copyright and upheld the injunction barring Sony from playing Video Phone in Germany. Beyonce and Sony of course claim that they (just like the original designer) were only inspired by Picasso and otherwise there were few similarities. :o :weirdo: :help:

http://i46.tinypic.com/29zrgb9.jpg

The design was created by student who won a competition and the underwear was featured in Vogue and on Triumph’s site long before the video ever came out.

German article (http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/panorama/Beyonc-und-Lady-Gaga-tragen-die-falsche-Unterwaesche-id2542576.html).

:o :o :o

:lol: :worship:

sabandborg
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Video killed audio.Beyonce could screech like a banshee vandalizing a chalkboard, I'd still stop channel surfing to check out her magnificent structure. Scantily clad, gyrating suggestively ---> softest porn out there & still sells.

The problem for her die hard critics? Audibly, she ain't terrible.

~Eclipsed~
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:38 AM

:worship: :lol:

Golovinjured.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:58 AM
Did Beyonce make up the Single Ladies dance?

Slutiana
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
No, Frank Gatson did, creative director of both Beyonce and Alexandra Burke. :bowdown:

Donny
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
Video killed audio.Beyonce could screech like a banshee vandalizing a chalkboard, I'd still stop channel surfing to check out her magnificent structure. Scantily clad, gyrating suggestively ---> softest porn out there & still sells.

Co-sign to the fullest.

Slutiana
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hmm, I think that Beyonce is a great vocalist, but she is certainly overrated. She has had SO MUCH vocal training from such a young age, compared with so many of her more talented contemporaries who have had barely any but can still sing rings around her. I do think she is the best performer out there though an dhas the best singing/dancing package.

Golovinjured.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
No, Frank Gatson did, creative director of both Beyonce and Alexandra Burke. :bowdown:

Well, I read a comment from Jay-Z today saying that he made it up. :rolls:

mckyle.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:07 PM

Well, I read a comment from Jay-Z today saying that he made it up. :rolls:

What about those three old ladies from that 60s variety show? Funny how that video can't be found on youtube any more...

Golovinjured.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
The Supremes? :bigcry:

mckyle.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
The Supremes? :bigcry:

No :lol: It's these three old white women who performed a dance on some variety show or something like that. It was called "Mexican Breakfast" and it used to be on youtube, but it isn't any more. Just a coincidence, I guess...

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
What about those three old ladies from that 60s variety show? Funny how that video can't be found on youtube any more...

Yeah I saw that too. But I don't remember the details since Bey made the dance much better.:tape: :happy:

Dodoboy.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
Hmm, I think that Beyonce is a great vocalist, but she is certainly overrated. She has had SO MUCH vocal training from such a young age, compared with so many of her more talented contemporaries who have had barely any but can still sing rings around her. I do think she is the best performer out there though an dhas the best singing/dancing package.

Who the FUCK is 'singing circles' around Beyonce?

delicatecutter
Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Jojo?

Pheobo
Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
Did anybody actually think that she wrote her own songs? What's the surprise here?

LeRoy.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
Did anybody actually think that she wrote her own songs? What's the surprise here?

Deluded Mrs B and her equally deluded father think they have the world convinced that she writes her own songs, composes the music and choreographs her own dances. There is absolutely nothing that Mrs. SuperB can't do. :shrug:

Apoleb
Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:41 PM

This, that, and everything in between.

She's still a cunning liar for making up "plots" about how she comes up with her music to make a selling image of hers.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
i read something about soft porn in her videos... one thing that irks me about her also is that she basically started this soft porn trend in music videos that today is the norm. Jennifer Lopez was already going in that direction but she took to a whole other level, in Crazy in love (and all subsequent videos) she acts like a s***:o. Compared to her Madonna in Erotica looks chaste:tape: I bet in 20-30 years it will be normal to have true porn in music videos...

Dodoboy.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
i read something about soft porn in her videos... one thing that irks me about her also is that she basically started this soft porn trend in music videos that today is the norm. Jennifer Lopez was already going in that direction but she took to a whole other level, in Crazy in love (and all subsequent videos) she acts like a s***:o. Compared to her Madonna in Erotica looks chaste:tape: I bet in 20-30 years it will be normal to have true porn in music videos...

The difference between her and the other hoes you have mentioned, including the one in your avatar, is that she doesn't HAVE to do that.

And seriously? That's the LAST thing i thought people would come at Bee for, like seriously. I can't even think off my head any OUTRAGEOUS videos she has done.

Soft porn? Seriously?

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
:happy: :hysteric: @ Dodoboy.

:sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
The difference between her and the other hoes you have mentioned, including the one in your avatar, is that she doesn't HAVE to do that.

And seriously? That's the LAST thing i thought people would come at Bee for, like seriously. I can't even think off my head any OUTRAGEOUS videos she has done.

Soft porn? Seriously?

Did you watch Crazy in love? Can you find any mainstream video before it that was so much sexually provocative? In the video all she does is basically moan and move on the floor in very sexual positions... I actually liked that video when it came out because it was totally new, but you can't deny it was slutty as hell. Then after that you have Rihanna's SOS which is very similar, Gaga's videos extremely slutty and of poor taste (like in Bad Romance she rides a guy:tape:), and basically now every female mainstream singer does that. I'm sure if it wasn't her someone else would have started that trend, so I'm not blaming her particularly, it's just degrading to see how the pop industry uses women...

Slutati
Mar 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Did you watch Crazy in love? Can you find any mainstream video before it that was so much sexually provocative?
Dirrty by Floptina. :eek: That shit was nasty!
Beyonce stealing Floptina's ideas too. :o

Ciarán
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:05 PM

:sobbing::worship:

Dodoboy.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:10 PM
Did you watch Crazy in love? Can you find any mainstream video before it that was so much sexually provocative? In the video all she does is basically moan and move on the floor in very sexual positions... I actually liked that video when it came out because it was totally new, but you can't deny it was slutty as hell. Then after that you have Rihanna's SOS which is very similar, Gaga's videos extremely slutty and of poor taste (like in Bad Romance she rides a guy:tape:), and basically now every female mainstream singer does that. I'm sure if it wasn't her someone else would have started that trend, so I'm not blaming her particularly, it's just degrading to see how the pop industry uses women...

THANK YOU! Are you SERIOUS, CRazy in Love? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

CRAZY in FUCKING Love? Just, BYE!

That's a Roman Catholic Seminar compared to the smut we normally see.

Ciarán
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
I love how, no matter what Beyoncé does, she stole it from somewhere :tears:

Dodoboy.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
You damn right, i hear God is asking for his greatness back. :drive:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wggg38.gif

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:29 PM

OMG :sobbing: :hysteric:

Dirrrrty is my song!:hearts:

"....ring the alarm...and I'm throwin' elbows...sweat until my clothes come off..." :bounce:

Oh...oh...Ring The Alarm..... didn't beyonce title one of her songs that? The thieving heffa strikes again. :o

delicatecutter
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:30 PM
OMG :sobbing: :hysteric:

Dirrrrty is my song! ring the Alarm...and I'm throwin' elbows...Sweat until my clothes come off :bounce:

Oh...oh...Ring The Alarm. Didn't beyonce title her song that? The thieving heffa strikes again. :o

:hysteric: That bitch is shameless! :o

Vanity Bonfire
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM

Soft porn? Seriously?

Beyonce acts like Lolita whn you consider she spends so much of her time pretending to be a good 'ole regular Christian girl.

Slutati
Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM
Did she seriously have a track called Daddy? :unsure:

Midnight_Robber
Mar 3rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
What if someone writes 50% of his/her own songs? Is he/she an artist half of the time and an entertainer the rest of the time? How about, say, the Rolling Stones? Are Richards and Jagger artists because they write the songs and the other two entertainers because all they do is play them? Is Martha Argerich not an artist because she didn't compose the Rachmaninov and Chopin piano concertos she plays? Was Maria Callas not an artist because Bellini and Verdi composed the operas she excelled in? How about actors/actresses? Not many of them write the scripts of the movies they perform in. Same thing goes for the directors. I understand what you're saying, but it seems to me that the word artist implies that one is creatively involved, and one can be just as creative in interpreting existing material as in coming up with new stuff.

Exactly! (Excellent post btw). Like I a said, the ability to interpret a song and to bring emotion to it is a legitimate gift and an ART in it's own right. Lyrics without interpretation mean nothing. (Holliday may not have written "Strange Fruit" but the song has far less resonance without her interpretation of it.) There is a reason why some singers can create what is considered the definitive version of a song (even though many others have sung it before), and others can't.

Agreed with the last part at any rate. In ten years time who, in their right mind, is going to care about "Check up On it" (and I find it hilarious that she's so desperate to actually claim credit it) "Videophone", "Freakum Dress", the obnoxious "Single Ladies" or most of her songs for that matter?

Well, J-Lo was the one who got the ball rolling with her "If you Want my Love" watch-me-on-the-internet/take-a-cold-shower routine, but Beyonce stepped it up with "Crazy in Love". (I remember on the old tennis site that I used to be a member of, even the people who liked the video admitted that she was seriously trying to channel J-Lo's image.) And most people wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the video if they hadn't been treated to sanctimonious numbers like "Nasty Girl" which all but advises other women to "put some clothes on". :happy:

And seriously what part of pretending to hump a toy gun doesn't qualify as soft porn?

And as for the whole "Bootylicious" thing? It's not just claiming to have found the riff and wanting to use it. This woman actually claims to have invented the word "bootylicious" and is proud that a word that she invented is in the dictionary... :o Snoop Dogg and half of the rappers who were slinging the word around in the early nineties (before Beyonce even had a real career) need to get the memo STAT! (And no, I'm not suggesting that Snoop or anyone else invented it either, but they're not claiming that they did! :rolleyes:) I watched her in that interview and she came off as if she were slow... :help:

Mexican Breakfast was choreographed by Bob Fosse and one of the "old white ladies" _ :rolleyes: - who danced the lead is Gwen Verdon - a famous Broadway dancer. (i.e. Someone who could have technically danced circles around Beyonce, especially when she was younger.) The video is on google though not to the original music. There's also a quite balanced article on it as well:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8720940378960547975#docid=-5185774723143522826
http://www.playbill.com/features/article/126460-Channeling-Fosse-Beyonc-and-Beyond

"Get Me Bodied" also channels Fosse's choreography and even the costumes of his dancers, albeit in a very clumsy way. She only claimed that she was inspired by Fosse once she got caught out. The idea that Beyonce is a songwriter (she co-wrote "Silent Night" y'all! :rolleyes:) is laughable but not news. What I find so interesting is that not only has she managed to claim that she's a 'choreographer' :happy: but that she's managed to convince people that her wild, borderline un-co herky-jerky and flailing is actually great dancing. Heck the BET list of great dancers ranked her ahead of the likes of Aaliyah :help:, Chris Brown, and Ciara. Beyonce dances like someone enlisted in pop camp who has studied it religiously day and night but is still counting steps in her head. She's worked incredibly hard at it but even stiff-as-a-board Britney is a better dancer than her.

This is Beyonce people!

She'd try and pass gravity off as her own discovery.

This.