hellas719
Feb 26th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Moving on to Monterrey now :drive:

iGOAT
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I wonder if she'll play.

iGOAT
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Maybe hakapeszi or someone from her official fan club has heard the official word on her participation?

iGOAT
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Also, I wonder about doubles. Dulko isn't playing, so they couldn't play together.

Vinci is playing, but so is Errani, so presumably they would team up again. IDK.

Gregorio87
Feb 26th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Also, I wonder about doubles. Dulko isn't playing, so they couldn't play together.

Vinci is playing, but so is Errani, so presumably they would team up again. IDK.

I think doubles is out of the question. Her coach said, they will decide at the weekend, whether she will play in Monterrey or not. She already felt this thigh injury after her first match, but it got worse.

hellas719
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I just hope she's ready for IW and Miami :)
But Jankovic is playing in Monterrey, and I really want Agi to beat her again! :lol:

iGOAT
Feb 26th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I think doubles is out of the question. Her coach said, they will decide at the weekend, whether she will play in Monterrey or not. She already felt this thigh injury after her first match, but it got worse.
Okay, good choice.

IMO Ági will probably reach quarterfinals again, especially since she is fifth seed (assuming she plays).

iGOAT
Feb 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM
The draw is coming out today I think, let's hope she's in it ;).

iGOAT
Feb 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Okay, the draw is out! Ági will play....

Julia GOERGES.

iGOAT
Feb 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM
In her section is Cibulkova, Hantuchova in her half.

Beijing final rematch against JJ :hehehe: (with the same result :angel:).

iGOAT
Feb 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM
So hopefully this means that Ágnes will play.

hellas719
Feb 28th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hopefully Agi will get past the SF and not become QF Agi after 2R Agi (QF in Paris and Acapulco)...

mralas
Feb 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I like this Draw...

iGOAT
Feb 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Hopefully Agi will get past the SF and not become QF Agi after 2R Agi (QF in Paris and Acapulco)...
Yeah that's what I was thinking :tape: although can't say I made if she made QF here, IW, and Miami :angel:.

Just to confirm, Ági isn't in the doubles draw, so she definitely is taking it slow this week.

iGOAT
Feb 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hopefully she won't play tomorrow because a) it gives her more time to recover, meaning she's more likely to play and b) I'm busy tomorrow so probably wouldn't be able to watch :angel:.

Tuesday and Wednesday would be better.

hellas719
Mar 1st, 2010, 03:26 AM
^Yeah, I'm going to the BJK cup :banana:

iGOAT
Mar 1st, 2010, 01:17 PM
^Yeah, I'm going to the BJK cup :banana:
OMG you are SO lucky!!!! Blah, spring break starts next week for me :sobbing: if only it had been this week I could have taken a weekend trip to NYC and gone maybe. Maybe in the next few years it will be at the right time :unsure:.

And it is confirmed, she isn't playing tomorrow :angel: but still Wednesday is probably better so she gets better recovery.

iGOAT
Mar 2nd, 2010, 01:31 AM
Here (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/headtohead/agnes-szavay_2255881_11168/0,,12781~11168~12610,00.html) is the h2h btween Ági & Julia. Ági needs revenge for the last meeting :armed: hopefully she won't be too bothered by the adductor!

iGOAT
Mar 2nd, 2010, 01:43 AM
:woohoo: the schedule is out for tomorrow and Ági is on it :aparty: so hopefully this means she will play indeed (hopefully she won't retire again:().

Her match is second at 3pm on center court, and the tournament has a livestream :inlove: so this means we can watch :D I hope to see other people in the livestream thread, it has not been very interesting lately ;).

And for Europeans, there is definitely a livestream for it, so consider staying awake :angel:.

Blackeagle
Mar 2nd, 2010, 02:55 AM
And for Europeans, there is definitely a livestream for it, so consider staying awake :angel:.

It will be around midnight , i am so waiting for this :D I hope her injury is not serious and she can show us some good game and hopefully will finish this up with a win ! Go Agi ! :hearts:

mralas
Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
C'mon Ágnes!

hellas719
Mar 2nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
Can't wait! :D

iGOAT
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Yes! She's playing :banana:.

hellas719
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:43 AM
6-3 3-6 6-3! :bigclap::cheer:
R2 vs. Groenefeld :bounce:

iGOAT
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:44 AM
Great, she beat Goerges 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 :banana::woohoo: I wasn't sure she would play or finish, so I'm very glad she did :bigclap: now she will play Groenefeld, who beat Hradecka, so this will be a tough match, but hopefully she can win again :D.

iGOAT
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:45 AM
Ági said she likes playing this tournament, and the crowd went crazy for autographs, they were making the most noise I've heard them make this week ;).

iGOAT
Mar 3rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
Good, she isn't scheduled tomorrow, so that can be a day of rest and recovery, and she will play Groenefeld Thursday.

iGOAT
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Ági and Groenefeld have never played, so hopefully she can win the first meeting.

iGOAT
Mar 4th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Why does no one ever post in this thread :sad:?

Ági-Groenefeld will be the first match on Center Court tomorrow, at 15:00 local time.

Hajra!

hellas719
Mar 4th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Good Luck! I saw on a Greek tennis website that the odds had ALG at 1.73 and Agi at 1.99 so does that mean that ALG is the favorite? :unsure:

Gregorio87
Mar 4th, 2010, 10:36 AM
First match on Center Court - perfect, 10 pm for us:)
I read in an other forum, that it's maybe because lots of Germans bets on Groenefeld and that's why will be less paid if she wins. I think it's reasonable. Or just because her result in Dubai:shrug:
Hajrá Ági:bounce:

#kArLoS#
Mar 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Oh I wasnt unable to post because I have been sick for ages!:help:.Well I am glad Agi passed her 1st round again,Goerges is tough,(but for her serve mostly,really) and Agi has passed so far all the 1R she has played:inlove:
Today she plays against another german and it seems the match starts at 10.00PM,not the best time but still I will be able to watch her:woohoo:

iGOAT
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Yesss she won :bigclap::woohoo: played like an idiot in the second set, she thought she had won at 4-2 :o but amazing in the first and third :inlove:.

Errani or Cibulkova next... Definitely will be tough, but if she can keep playing this way, she will certainly win.

#kArLoS#
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Altough it looked like an easy match it wasn´t easy at all,maybe because Agi tried hard to making another of her chokes,but fortunately it wasn´t worked and she pulled it out very easy in the final set.Delighted about it,definitely she has improved a lot in mentality:cool:
Good luck in the next round,she can win it!;)

Gregorio87
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Altough it looked like an easy match it wasn´t easy at all,maybe because Agi tried hard to making another of her chokes,but fortunately it wasn´t worked and she pulled it out very easy in the final set.Delighted about it,definitely she has improved a lot in mentality:cool:
Good luck in the next round,she can win it!;)

Agi always has some mental problem... Now she can't end her matches in 2 sets (against somewhat good players), but her good serve and fitness helps a lot to pull it out:)

I hope Cibulkova wins now, it's revenge time:devil:

iGOAT
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Cibulkova won 3-6, 6-4, 6-1. Hopefully that will make her tired tomorrow :angel:.

In Acapulco, Ági lost to the first non-Czech opponent she played. Hopefully she will not lose her to the first non-German :scared:.

hellas719
Mar 5th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Agi :yeah:
What was the fus about in the second set? :unsure:. Agi kept complaining but why?

iGOAT
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Bad calls. Ági got mad when she aced down set point and they called it out. There were a bunch of other ones though :rolleyes:.

iGOAT
Mar 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
She is playing second on Center Court, which is not before 17:00 local time. Livestream again :cheer:.

iGOAT
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:36 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/headtohead/agnes-szavay_2255881_11168/0,,12781~11168~12135,00.html is the head-to-head against Domi. Obviously Ági can beat her again, and she needs revenge for Roland Garros :devil:.

Ofen
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Cibulkova is a strong opponent. I assume it will be a great match!

#kArLoS#
Mar 6th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Quartervay showed(once again) why she is called like this:hysteric::mad:

iGOAT
Mar 6th, 2010, 01:37 AM
And it's over :weirdo: she showed some very good play this tournament, just in the end was pathetic :o Served like shit in the final set :mad:.

A pretty good tournament on the whole :rolleyes: Secondroundvay lasted three tournaments and now Quartervay has too, so maybe Semivay can begin in Indian Wells :angel:.

hellas719
Mar 6th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Quartervay :sad:
But Cibulkova IS ranked higher anyways :shrug:
I really wouldn't mind if Quartervay showed up in Indian Wells and Miami :cool:

Hajrá Ági!
Mar 6th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Hey guys. I'm new here, although I've been on the site for a while as a guest reading through your thoughts and news on Ági.

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed how upset Ági was getting with Dominika's behaviour last night? By her behaviour I mean when she was cheering Ági's unforced errors and double faults. She even complained to Karl-Heinz about how much it was getting to her during the changeover between the 2nd and 3rd set. I'm fairly sure that's why she couldn't concentrate on holding serve towards the end of the match. For one Domi was meant to be her friend, but by the end Ági didn't even want to shake her hand. Some of her Hungarian fans seem to have noticed it going by the comments on her official site.

I just find it a bit unsportsmanlike that someone would go out of their way to upset their opponent to put them off their rhythm, because it's probably the only way she could make up for the difference in ability.

Anyway apologies for the negative nature of my first post, and I'm sure my future ones will be of a more positive overtone, but I'm just curious to know what you guys think?

PS. I should probably add that I actually liked Domi before last night, even after R4 at RG2009 when put Ági out by being better on the day (although Ági's virus had a lot to do with that result too), so it's not a case of sour grapes. But last night has really changed my mind about her.

Hakapeszi
Mar 6th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Hey guys. I'm new here

How nice username :)

Hajrá Ági!
Mar 6th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Köszi Hakapeszi,

Magyarul tanulok, és Ági az a ok, amihez csatlakoztam, úgyhogy ennek volt értelme. Elnézést, hogy rosszul beszélek Magyarul.

Gregorio87
Mar 7th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Hey guys. I'm new here, although I've been on the site for a while as a guest reading through your thoughts and news on Ági.

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed how upset Ági was getting with Dominika's behaviour last night? By her behaviour I mean when she was cheering Ági's unforced errors and double faults. She even complained to Karl-Heinz about how much it was getting to her during the changeover between the 2nd and 3rd set. I'm fairly sure that's why she couldn't concentrate on holding serve towards the end of the match. For one Domi was meant to be her friend, but by the end Ági didn't even want to shake her hand. Some of her Hungarian fans seem to have noticed it going by the comments on her official site.

I just find it a bit unsportsmanlike that someone would go out of their way to upset their opponent to put them off their rhythm, because it's probably the only way she could make up for the difference in ability.

Anyway apologies for the negative nature of my first post, and I'm sure my future ones will be of a more positive overtone, but I'm just curious to know what you guys think?

PS. I should probably add that I actually liked Domi before last night, even after R4 at RG2009 when put Ági out by being better on the day (although Ági's virus had a lot to do with that result too), so it's not a case of sour grapes. But last night has really changed my mind about her.

It's very sad, that they aren't friends now. I thought it will happen after the RG. Agi just lost a great chance to a GS SF, but then it wasn't nice from her to not give credit to Cibulkova and just say, she was sick again... That was a fishy story for me.
Maybe yesterday Cibulkova was unsportsmanlike, but Agi shouldn't loose focus because of this and not this was the main problem. I think the stupid defensive game was the main problem and she was very tired at the end and that's why her serve gone away too. After the coaching (after the second set) I knew she will loose:(
I hope she learned from this match and play well in Indian Wells. We need Quartevay at the bigger tournaments too:)

Egyébként sok szerencsét a magyarhoz!:wavey:

hellas719
Mar 7th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Introduce yourself in the Introductions thread :wavey:

hellas719
Mar 7th, 2010, 03:59 AM
And yeah, I guess Agi and Domi are no longer friends :shrug:

iGOAT
Mar 7th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Well, while I agree it was bitchy of Domi to do, Ági needs to focus on herself, it's not an excuse. Too bad they aren't friends anymore though :sad:.

On a different note, Ági was a bit bitchy this week (which is good, shows she wants it) with throwing her racquet, blowing at the umpire, and the disagreement with Domi. She was also really pissed in the Goerges match, which helped her concentrate in the third.

Hajrá Ági!
Mar 7th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I totally agree. It's good to see her fighting and showing she wants to win. She used to be too nice (which I think is what most people love about her so I hope she doesn't change too much) and quite often it was what made the difference between a win and a loss. But hopefully now, as you say, she can use her frustration as a positive a lot more often, like she did in the Goerges match. She definitely seems to be growing as a player under Karl-Heinz. I'm quite excited to see just how far he can take her, because she definitely has the talent to beat any player in the world when she's playing well, she just needs a bit more consistency. But even this season she seems to be playing at a much higher standard for a lot longer during matches. Hopefully we'll see her closing out matches without doubting herself in the not too distant future.