PDA

View Full Version : For Italian Posters...

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 25th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Hi!! I'm Adri from Barcelona. I'll move to Italy in September for 6 months for an university exchange (ERASMUS). I have a lot of options (Rome, Firenze, Milano, Bologna, Torino, Siena..), but I have to choose 3. What would you recommend me to live for 6 months? I'm especially interested in Rome, Firenze and Milano. Try to be as objective as you can :p Is it expensive to travel around the country? (I mean, for example, if I am in Florence, how expensive is going to Rome? there are trains? How much time more or less?), and what about going to other countrys (close ones, like Switzerland, Belgium..)

I would very much welcome any help :) Thanks!

SloKid
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:48 AM
What exactly makes you think Belgium is close to Italy? :confused:

SloKid
Feb 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM
For a Chinese, Belgium & Italy are practically neighbours :p
Where in China is Barcelona? If Barcelona is the starting point then Belgium is almost just as close from there as it is from Italy.

The Witch-king
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:33 PM
:lol: barca, china.

Ellery
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Well, from a North American perspective, where I have to travel 4 hours by plane or something to get to a neighboring country, I would say most European countries are pretty close to one another :p

Belgium isn't that far from Italy.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM
:haha: I checked maps and belgium os not as close as I thought :rolleyes: sorry, i never have been a prodigy in geography :lol: thx jerryi for the info.. :) and Im catalan yeah lol

A Magicman
Feb 26th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Having been in Italy as a tourist for several times, I'd suggest not going to Milan. It's an ugly city living from its reputation as a fashion capital, but that's already about it.

Rome easily, if I had to choose. Best city in the world. :hearts:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Having been in Italy as a tourist for several times, I'd suggest not going to Milan. It's an ugly city living from its reputation as a fashion capital, but that's already about it.

Rome easily, if I had to choose. Best city in the world. :hearts:

Yeah, a lot of people tell me that about Milan, so I think I'm going to decide between Rome and Florece. Some people say me Florence, some say Rome. I really don't know what to do :tears:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Belgium is nice, The best advantage of Belgium is that you can live there (For example Brussels) and you will be at the center of Western Europe: in less than 2 hours you are in London, Amsterdam, Cologne and in even less time than that 1.5 hrs. you are in Paris!

You can chose to either got to the big cities (Brussels, Antwerp) or to real "university cities" like Ghent and Leuven. Switzerland is boring unless you're very rich.

But if I were you I'd choose Amsterdam. You'd have more fun there. There are plenty of young Chinese/Hong Kong folk over there (more than in Belgium).

I can choose both Ghent and Leuven, because they only require FCE to go there. I think the classes there are in english :) Can u say me a little more about these cities? Which one do u think it's better?

spiritedenergy
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:38 PM
is your choice dictated by academics (good courses/university) or just by fun/travel? In the first case you should check the faculty you will be in, but in general of the ones you mentioned, the best universities are in Milan>Rome/Torino>Siena/Bologna>Florence.

About the city itself, i'd say Rome > everything else. Florence/Siena are pretty but not that active for students, Milan there is a lot going on but it's ugly and has bad weather.

For traveling in Europe, Florence and Milan have the best train connections, Milan and Rome probably the best connections by air.

Pasta-Na
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM
welcome to italy, adrygfgonggong. :wavey:

Mynarco
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I always thought OP is chinese :lol:
I agree with what spiritedenergy said. The ranking of the university is important even though you just stay there for six months.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:25 AM
is your choice dictated by academics (good courses/university) or just by fun/travel? In the first case you should check the faculty you will be in, but in general of the ones you mentioned, the best universities are in Milan>Rome/Torino>Siena/Bologna>Florence.

About the city itself, i'd say Rome > everything else. Florence/Siena are pretty but not that active for students, Milan there is a lot going on but it's ugly and has bad weather.

For traveling in Europe, Florence and Milan have the best train connections, Milan and Rome probably the best connections by air.

Thx :) About Rome, I could choose btw La Sapienza and Maria SS... seems like Maria SS is better because it is private?? I heard that Firenze is more expensive city than Rome too...

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:26 AM
I always thought OP is chinese :lol:
I agree with what spiritedenergy said. The ranking of the university is important even though you just stay there for six months.

OP? :confused:

Andreas
Feb 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
You should choose Florence!

Lin Lin
Feb 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM
OP? :confused:

Original Poster,it's you here specifically:lol::lol: