PDA

View Full Version : The *Worlds* Funniest Joke

AjdeNate!
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:59 AM
(Mind, you I don't think so.....)

IN A PROJECT described as the largest-ever scientific study into humor, the British Association for the Advancement of Science asked Internet users around the world to submit their favorite jokes and rate the funniness of other people’s offerings.

More than 40,000 jokes from 70 countries and 2 million critiques later, this is it:

“A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn’t seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head.
“The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: ‘My friend is dead! What can I do?’
“The operator, in a calm, soothing voice, says: ’Just take it easy. I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.’
“There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy’s voice comes back on the line. He says: ‘OK, now what?”’

Keith
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:01 AM
I saw that...

I saw a funnier one though.

Patient: Doctor, I have a strawberry stuck in my bum

Doctor: I have some cream for that.

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:44 AM
its kind of funny,but ive heard better.

The Vampiress
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:45 AM
:rolleyes: Heard that on BBC

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:09 AM
aparently in this survey thing they found the following...
>of the countries rating the highest number,germans perhaps surprisingly,laughed the most.canadians laughed the least
>if you want to tell a funny animal joke,make it a duck
>the most frequently submitted joke,at 3000 times,was:"whats brown and sticky?"-a stick."researchers said no one ever found it funny.

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:26 AM
oh and these are a few of the other jokes by area...
america and canadians liked:
TEXAN:"where are you from?"
HARVARD GRAD:"i come from a place where we do not end our sentences with prepositions."
TEXAN:"ok-- where are you from ,jackass?"

the fave in scottland was:
"i want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grand father.not screaming in terror like his passengers"

another top american joke was:
"a man and a friend are playing golf one day.one of the guys is about to chip onto the green when he sees a long funeral procession on the road next to the course.
"he stops in mid-swing,takes off his golf cap closes his eyes and bows down in prayer.His friend says:'wow that is the most thoughtful and touching thing i have ever seen.you are a truly kind man.'
"the man replies:'yeah,well,we were married 35 years.'"

ok,and people from the u.k ireland nz and aussie apoparently preffered gags involving word play,such as:
PATIENT:"docter,ive got a strawberry stuck up my bum"
DOCTOR:"i've got some cream for that"

quite frankly ,if they wanted to find the worlds true funniest jokes they would have to be un-censored and look at the sex jokes!:)