PDA

View Full Version : Marathonists Thread

Nicolás89
Feb 24th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Is there anyone here who compete in marathons?

I'm plannig on doing my first full marathon in October so far I've only been competing in 21 km, this year I'd like to compete in the 42 km division, as of now I run 15 km twice a week I need to get to 21 km to be able to compete in full condition for the marathon, I think I've got time. :)

My last mark in 21 km was of 1:34 hrs, not too bad. What are your marks?

woosey
Feb 24th, 2010, 04:49 PM
i don't compete in marathons but i do run them.

in fact, i'm currently training to run my third marathon next month. i did my 18 miler this past sunday and i will do a 20 miler this weekend.

i've been running in the hills/mountains because that's the terrain of the marathon i'll be running.

saul1333
Feb 24th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I did a few in my prime like age 17-19, now I'm too lazy to train :lol:

It was a 26 miler (LA marathon) and did it in about 2:35

As for the training I usually ran 6 times a week with monday/tues being just a normal run of a certain distance and wed/thurs had some hills and running for a certain amount of time(like half an hour). Friday had rest. Saturday was a trying to run like 10 miles at a good pace. And Sunday was a random distance at any pace I wanted.

Doesn't work for everyone but I liked the variety. Good luck with your training :yeah:

Valanga
Feb 24th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I really want to run 10km (sorry but I am just a beginner) if there's any race like that near London

Nicolás89
Feb 24th, 2010, 05:55 PM
i don't compete in marathons but i do run them.

in fact, i'm currently training to run my third marathon next month. i did my 18 miler this past sunday and i will do a 20 miler this weekend.

i've been running in the hills/mountains because that's the terrain of the marathon i'll be running.

That's what I meant, It's not like I make any profit on competing on marathons. :p

woosey
Feb 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM

As for the training I usually ran 6 times a week with monday/tues being just a normal run of a certain distance and wed/thurs had some hills and running for a certain amount of time(like half an hour). Friday had rest. Saturday was a trying to run like 10 miles at a good pace. And Sunday was a random distance at any pace I wanted.

Doesn't work for everyone but I liked the variety. Good luck with your training :yeah:

all marathons are 26.2 miles. :rolleyes:

why does this not ring true?

your time of 2:35 would put you around the top 30 of elite male finishers of just about any year of that race. you do realize that results from 2000 to present are posted on the web don't you?

the names, ages, country, times of participants are there, including mine. care to share the year you ran? don't tell me, it was before 2000:rolleyes:

are you saying you were an elite racer when you were 19? cuz there are few of those listed.

Nicolás89
Feb 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
all marathons are 26.2 miles. :rolleyes:

why does this not ring true?

your time of 2:35 would put you around the top 30 of elite male finishers of just about any year of that race. you do realize that results from 2000 to present are posted on the web don't you?

the names, ages, country, times of participants are there, including mine. care to share the year you ran? don't tell me, it was before 2000:rolleyes:

are you saying you were an elite racer when you were 19? cuz there are few of those listed.

That's what I thought too it couldn't be true, I wasn't sure how many kms 26 miles were though. FAKE. :lol:

saul1333
Feb 24th, 2010, 06:01 PM
:haha: obviously I'm not elite..the 2 is close to the 3. :p

I am obviously not going to lie because the times are all available. And since you quoted me there is no point in going back and editing my first post so I am going to do it here:

It was a 26 miler (LA marathon) and did it in about 3:35

Sorry for the miss type and incurring your wrath :bigcry:

Nicolás89
Feb 24th, 2010, 06:01 PM

This is not how you train for a marathon AT ALL. :rolleyes:

woosey
Feb 24th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I really want to run 10km (sorry but I am just a beginner) if there's any race like that near London

there's a runnersworld uk edition. they have a website, but it's not as big as the american one. i'm sure they have resources that list races in london. there must be several.

do a google search. i came up with this:

http://www.thebritish10klondon.co.uk/

it looks like fun. start training now!

Nicolás89
Feb 24th, 2010, 06:03 PM
:haha: obviously I'm not elite..the 2 is close to the 3. :p

I am obviously not going to lie because the times are all available. And since you quoted me there is no point in going back and editing my first post so I am going to do it here:

It was a 26 miler (LA marathon) and did it in about 3:35

Sorry for the miss type and incurring your wrath :bigcry:

Sure hon. :p