PDA

View Full Version : Woman Admits Selling 2 Kids for 1 Bird, $175.00

meyerpl
Feb 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
updated 7:55 a.m. CT, Tues., Feb. 23, 2010
VILLE PLATTE, La. - A 52-year-old Louisiana woman has pleaded guilty to two counts of sale of a minor for trading two children to a couple in exchange for an exotic pet bird and $175.

Donna Louise Greenwell received 15 months of hard labor on each count on Monday, which she will serve concurrently.

The Evangeline Parish Clerk of Court's Office tells The Advocate newspaper that Greenwell will begin serving her sentence March 25.

The couple, Paul James Romero and Brandy Lynn Romero, each pleaded guilty to the same charges in October.

Greenwell was accused of selling the couple a 4-year-old girl and 5-year-old boy in return for the cash and a cockatoo. Both children were in Greenwell's care after their biological parents had left them with her.

meyerpl
Feb 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
That had better be ONE SPECIAL bird, that's all I can say. I mean, that bird better be 1,000 times cuter than the bird on that show, Baretta, with Robert Blake.

Vartan
Feb 23rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
It's still wrong to sell children...

But I am wondering... what if the children were better of with their new family?

Pureracket
Feb 23rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
Please show pic of bird.

miffedmax
Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:12 PM
See, Paul, the mistake we made was hanging on to ours until they were teenagers. You can't get $175 for a pair of teenagers, let alone a good bird.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:43 PM
Please show pic of bird.

Exactly.

I will withhold judgement on this case until I see just how impressive this cockatoo is. If it really is that amazing a cockatoo then fair enough but to justify giving up two kids for it well, lets just say it had better have the most extraordinary crest and plumage imaginable.

And I should add, if, by chance, the cockatoo's crest doesn't cut it then all I can say is this is one of the most immoral shameful acts I have heard of in a long long time and the woman who sold these kids should have been sentenced to far more than 15 months hard labor.

Timariot
Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Really, I would have negotiated to $200, but whatever...

young_gunner913
Feb 23rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
Exactly.

I will withhold judgement on this case until I see just how impressive this cockatoo is. If it really is that amazing a cockatoo then fair enough but to justify giving up two kids for it well, lets just say it had better have the most extraordinary crest and plumage imaginable.

And I should add, if, by chance, the cockatoo's crest doesn't cut it then all I can say is this is one of the most immoral shameful acts I have heard of in a long long time and the woman who sold these kids should have been sentenced to far more than 15 months hard labor.

she's doing 30 months. :p 15 months for each count.

but this is somewhat hilarious. i feel horrible for the children but 175 bucks and a bird?! WTF. :sobbing:

meyerpl
Feb 24th, 2010, 12:15 AM
See, Paul, the mistake we made was hanging on to ours until they were teenagers. You can't get $175 for a pair of teenagers, let alone a good bird.Max, we're out a helluva lot more then $175 and a bird by hanging on to them. You can feed a bird for what, six months for what it costs to feed one teenage boy for a day? I don't even want to think about what it costs to buy football cleats, baseball cleats and basketball shoes every year. Hell, I think I'd GIVE anyone $175 and a bird to take them off my hands!

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 24th, 2010, 01:10 AM
she's doing 30 months. :p 15 months for each count.

but this is somewhat hilarious. i feel horrible for the children but 175 bucks and a bird?! WTF. :sobbing:

Not that it matters, in case you didn't pick it up my original post was strictly tongue in cheek, but actually for what its worth she is infact doing 15 months not 30 as her two 15 month sentences are running concurrently. ;)

meyerpl
Feb 24th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Not that it matters, in case you didn't pick it up my original post was strictly tongue in cheek, but actually for what its worth she is infact doing 15 months not 30 as her two 15 month sentences are running concurrently. ;)BUT, since she's serving two concurrent 15 month terms of hard labor, she's going to have to work twice as hard.

égalité
Feb 24th, 2010, 02:16 AM
:spit: oh my god

i hope it was one of these
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/05/22/13/483-UP_06.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

Daniel K
Feb 24th, 2010, 02:50 AM
:spit: oh my god

i hope it was one of these
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/05/22/13/483-UP_06.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

Kevin! :hearts: