PDA

View Full Version : US Director And Producer Bruce Paltrow Dies At 58

lizchris
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:39 PM
He succumbed to lung cancer in Italy. For those of you who don't know, he was the farther of Oscar winner Gwyneth and the husband of Blythe Danner, who starred in St. Elsewhere and in the 2000 hit movie with Robert De Niro "Meet The Parents" I will have a full obituary when I find one.

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:41 PM
condolences to the Paltrow family. :sad:

Hurley
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:41 PM
Oh no. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Poor Blythe and Gwynnie :sad:

My heart goes out to the Paltrow family.

lizchris
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:43 PM
Director Bruce Paltrow dead at 58

In Rome for
daughter Gwyneth’s birthday, Paltrow reportedly has heart attack

MSNBC NEWS SERVICES

ROME, Oct. 3 — Producer and director Bruce Paltrow, the father of Oscar-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow, died in Rome on Thursday at age 58, an official at the U.S. Embassy said. Paltrow, who was the husband of actress Blythe Danner, was known for the quirky karaoke road movie “Duets” (2000) and the TV drama “St. Elsewhere.”

Paltrow worked on some of television’s best-regarded series of recent decades, including ‘Homicide: Life on the Street,’ hospital drama ‘St. Elsewhere’ and ‘The White Shadow.’

A U.S. DIPLOMATIC official said on condition of anonymity that Paltrow died in Rome, and that the American Consulate was informed of the death Thursday.
“The consular section of the Embassy was contacted by the hospital where Mr. Paltrow died. It is the embassy’s responsibility to help with the return of the remains,” the official said, adding no further details.
Paltrow suffered a heart attack and died at a Rome hospital before dawn Wednesday, the “Entertainment Tonight” television program reported earlier. Paltrow, who had been battling throat cancer, traveled from his Los Angeles home to Italy to celebrate his daughter’s 30th birthday on Sept. 27, the show said.
He had made several public appearances in Italy in the last week, including at the Italian premiere of the film “Minority Report,” starring Tom Cruise.

FATHER-DAUGHTER TEAM
In “Duets,” Gwyneth Paltrow co-stars as a Vegas showgirl who hits the highway with her long-lost dad, a karaoke hustler played by pop singer Huey Lewis.
In the original script, her character did not sing, but her father added it to the story.
“I wrote it in because I felt it was essential for the character to sing,” Bruce Paltrow said at the time. “I thought it would be a way for her to connect with her father. And I knew how well Gwyneth could sing. When she and her mother sing together, you just can’t believe it.”
Paltrow worked on some of television’s best-regarded series of recent decades, including “Homicide: Life on the Street,” hospital drama “St. Elsewhere” and “The White Shadow.”
The Brooklyn-born Paltrow began his career in theater in the late 1960s. He married stage actress Danner in 1970, and the couple had two children, Gwyneth and Jake.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

shirley
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Poor Gwyneth and Blythe.

I never knew he had cancer.

Condolences go out to family and friends.

YSL
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:11 PM
Oh good grief..

Condolences to the Paltrow family. My father died 4 months ago so I have vivid memories of that too. :sad: :sad:

Irish
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:29 PM
Very sad for the Paltrow family. :sad: :sad:

gentenaire
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:32 PM
58 is waaaaayy too young to die. Poor Blythe and Gwyneth.

LittleTennisFan
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:35 PM
Very sad for the Paltrows.

:sad: condolences to Bruce's family and friends

Evey
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:57 PM
Very sad for the Paltrows. :sad:

Condolences to family and friends

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:29 PM
OMG, His niece Hillary Blyth Danner was in my class in High School in Jersey...Poor Hill...

*Bubbles*
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:01 PM
Condolences to the Paltrow family. Poor Blythe, Gwyn and Jake :sad:

King Satan
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:06 PM
That's weird, I had a dream about Gwyneth today

King Satan
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:11 PM
I just remembered something. In that dream I had, she was dressed in all black.

Pretty weird huh?

Richie77
Oct 4th, 2002, 04:35 AM
That's so sad. Condolences to the Paltrow family :sad:

Hagar
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Poor Gwyneth.