PDA

View Full Version : Why do you dislike Lady Gaga?

esquímaux
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:05 AM
This is honesty. Personally, I feel no need to dislike/hate her. Why are you so adverse to her? Her music exemplifies what we all want/need.

P.S. don't dislike Stefani for being an entrepreneur.

Apoleb
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I don't dislike her. I dislike the ridiculous hype and worshipping around her. I think her music is good electropop, but it's absolutely nothing groundbreaking. Her image is overly done, and while her performances are still good/very good, they aren't that great from a musical arrangement perspective, and are simply too cluttered in terms of choreography. Basically, she's a very good pop star/entertainer.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I don't hate her.
I just think that she's gone so far left of her singer-songwriter style in her NYU days, that for her to go back to it in her performances all the time with the "Look at me!!! I can play the piano. I'm more than just looks. Really!!!" screams desperation to have depth.

woosey
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I don't hate her.
I just think that she's gone so far left of her singer-songwriter style in her NYU days, that for her to go back to it in her performances all the time with the "Look at me!!! I can play the piano. I'm more than just looks. Really!!!" screams desperation to have depth.

but this is part of the schtick.

it's saying - oh you won't like me unless i clown myself in a way. and it's true, people wouldn't like her if she were the normal girl with the "imperfect" features.

and what pop star does not do the look at me thing? beyonce, britney, and them all do look at me in some way.

gaga is just doing glam pop - like elton john, iggy pop, grace jones, david bowie, etc.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Her "music" is garbage

eck
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I love her, but I think I'm getting sick of her piano. :help:

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:35 AM
I don't dislike her. I dislike the ridiculous hype and worshipping around her. I think her music is good electropop, but it's absolutely nothing groundbreaking. Her image is overly done, and while her performances are still good/very good, they aren't that great from a musical arrangement perspective, and are simply too cluttered in terms of choreography. Basically, she's a very good pop star/entertainer.

:worship:

although i haven't been able to stop listening to papparazzi and poker face as of late.

meyerpl
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:44 AM
I hate her because when I played one of her songs backwards, she told me to kill that nurse. Now, I have to carry the guilt with me for the rest of my life.

Brooklyn90
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I hate her because when I played one of her songs backwards, she told me to kill that nurse. Now, I have to carry the guilt with me for the rest of my life.

:lol:

gc-spurs
Feb 18th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Because this 'Lady' has a penis.

Kidding.

I don't hate her, but I dislike her style of music. What I do hate is the evolution of her image from different to WTF?! However Paparazzi is so freaking catchy!!

Paneru
Feb 18th, 2010, 07:06 AM

Ditto.

Slutati
Feb 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I hate all the hype too. :tape: Some of her fans act like she's the most original thing ever to happen to the universe, but honestly she's just doing what has been done before. All her songs sound the same too.

Stefani is a very talented singer, but Lady Gaga is just a gimmick. :shrug:

Halepsova
Feb 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM
She is a freak. :shrug:

Kworb
Feb 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
No one truly dislikes Lady GaGa. Her music is immaculate. Some people are just anti-GaGa because they like being different.

Avid Merrion
Feb 18th, 2010, 11:03 AM
She's all style and no substance.
I guess she needs all the flamboyance to detract from her very average songs :)

rockstar
Feb 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM
The five stages of Lady Gaga fever
Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer

Over the course of the last 12 or so months, America has become infected with what can only be described as Lady Gaga Fever.

In 2009, the 23-year-old dance-pop diva-in-the-making scored two of iTunes' 10 top-selling songs with "Poker Face" (No. 3) and "Just Dance" (No. 6), while her debut album, "The Fame," ranked as the year's third-best seller on the iTunes charts.

She's also up for five awards at this month's Grammys, including Album, Record and Song of the Year; and she won three awards at last year's MTV Video Music Awards, including Best New Artist.

But more than awards and accolades, Gaga has captivated the music world by getting people to talk -- about her outrageous sense of style, her over-the-top performances and yes, her music. That avalanche of buzz led to her selling out two shows at Detroit's Fox Theatre which, due to production concerns, were shuffled to Joe Louis Arena.

We, too, have found ourselves coming under a spell of Lady Gaga fever, which is less deadly than the swine flu but just as contagious.

As best as we can tell, it hits in five stages, which we've detailed here. Consider the following information a guide to help you identify what stage you're in, and to see where you're soon headed:

1. Confusion

The first thing you tend to ask when you are confronted with the artist born Stefani Germanotta is who or what is a Lady Gaga?

It's a lot to take at first, and anyone who sees the native New Yorker wearing an outfit made of bubbles or dressed head to toe -- literally, head to toe -- in red lace might simply shake their head in bewilderment. Her look is confrontational, and she's not carved out of the same supermodels-as-singers mold as the Beyoncés, Britneys and Christinas of the world. And what's with that name -- Gaga? What does that even mean? This mystified state then leads to ...

2. Dismissal

The jaded music fan is quick to write off Gaga as all style, no substance. She needs to wear those outfits to make people talk! She needs to create controversy to overshadow the fact her songs are idiotic dance-pop trifles! (Similar criticisms have belied Gaga's forebears, including Madonna.)

You see the existence and popularity of Gaga as an affront to your esteemed, finely honed musical tastes. Yet as soon as you become indignant enough to say she epitomizes everything that's wrong with music today, you've already fallen into her vortex. Because soon that dismissal leads to ...

3. Curiosity

You simply can't believe how far she goes in some of those live performances, whether she's staging her own assassination at the MTV Video Music Awards (complete with copious amounts of fake blood) or breaking bottles over a piano at the American Music Awards, so you seek out more examples to build your case against her. (That's what YouTube is for, isn't it?) And suddenly you start to realize, hey, those songs you first sloughed off aren't so bad after all.

Take "Poker Face," which on the surface is another in a long line of empty, synth-laden club tracks, but in actuality is a bi-curious lament about pining after women when you're with a man, or vice versa. Or "Paparazzi," a love song wrapped in a metaphor for our fame-obsessed, celebrity-driven times, with the relationship in the song mirroring the paparazzi/star dynamic.

In short, they're smart -- plus they're amazingly catchy. A few spins of either and they'll be stuck in your head, rattling around your brain, until you realize you don't really mind so much anymore. Your defenses are starting to fall. Your Gaga curiosity has now led to ...

4. Acceptance

You download "Poker Face" and probably "Bad Romance," too, and come to grips with the fact they're really good pop songs. And when you overhear others who are in the Confusion or Dismissal phases of Lady Gaga Fever, you find yourself defending her, and arguing how you were once there, too, but have overcome your initial doubts and turned into a fan. Heck, maybe you even bought a ticket to one of her concerts. You then recognize your acceptance has lead to ...

5. Obsession

Gaga has got you in her trap, and there's nothing to feel ashamed about. She is an ambitious performance artist with a striking visual style and an image that is totally of her own volition. She writes her own hits, and is not a product of some Swedish pop conglomeration with nefarious plans of world domination. She's in-your-face and provocative, she demands attention and earns the strong response she gets from people. She's a risk-taker.

Yes, Gaga is a confluence of her influences, a direct descendant of David Bowie, Madonna, Liberace, "Project Runway" and Us Weekly. But apart from that, she's an original.

So if there's a cure for Lady Gaga Fever, keep it, we're not interested. This romance is so bad it's good.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100107/ENT04/1070309/The-five-stages-of-Lady-Gaga-fever#ixzz0ftBa2XUV

=================================================

some ppl get stuck on stage 2 longer? :p

ZODIAC
Feb 18th, 2010, 01:07 PM
she seems not to have personality,its the clothes that wear Lady Gaga O.She will never be Grace Jones..the queen of camp.

PalomaPiccaso
Feb 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I do not dislike but I do not like her either.
She tries to hard to be like Grace Jones/David Bowie/Madonna and everything just comes of way to forced, its not genuine.
And after like and album and a half her fans have hyped her up to be the second coming of Christ or something, its annoying.

Haimar
Feb 18th, 2010, 01:56 PM
The five stages of Lady Gaga fever

:lol: I've never had those phases, went straight to 5 with Just Dance, but I recognise a lot of my friends in it :worship:

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I hate all the hype too. :tape: Some of her fans act like she's the most original thing ever to happen to the universe, but honestly she's just doing what has been done before. All her songs sound the same too.

Stefani is a very talented singer,but Lady Gaga is just a gimmick. :shrug:

very true. especially agree with bolded.

She's all style and no substance.
I guess she needs all the flamboyance to detract from her very average songs :)

!!!!!!

Haimar
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:08 PM
very true. especially agree with bolded.

!!!!!!

Are your ears destroyed by all the church music or what? Lady Gaga's songs don't all sound the same, get your ears checked and listen to it again :wavey:

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Are your ears destroyed by all the church music or what? Lady Gaga's songs don't all sound the same, get your ears checked and listen to it again :wavey:

:happy: :hysteric: :sobbing:

anyway I just this morning added Disco Stick to my work-out music rotation on top of paparazzi and poker Face, and yes they all have the same beat with very little variation IMO.

Uranus
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I love GaGa. She's a talented singer (yeah, she definitely is), she has her own style, her performances are as creative as they are amazing and her songs are absolutely catchy. Not saying it's the best quality music either.

The only thing that could be annoying for those who don't (try to?) like her is all the hype she gets - and does everything to get.

Haimar
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:28 PM
:happy: :hysteric: :sobbing:

anyway I just this morning added Disco Stick to my work-out music rotation on top of paparazzi and poker Face, and yes they all have the same beat with very little variation IMO.

:lol: If you say that Lovegame and Paparazzi have the same sound then the whole elektro scene has the same sound :tape: They are two different songs with different rythms and variations

Volcana
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM
It's not Lady Gaga. It's the whole entertainment industry, and it's constant repacking of the old as new. There's an old industry ine, that I fist heard watching an inteview with Dustin Hoffman. It's the arc of the career of an entertainment 'star'.
"Who's Dustin Hoffman?"
"Get me Dustin Hoffman!"
"Get me a Dustin Hoffman type."
"Who's Dustin Hoffman?"
It's the 'type' part. The idea that you can just find a person who can be made to fit a type, you can sell whole lot of refridgerators. Or cars. Or watches. Or whatever. Okay so it's true. It doesn't have to be so obvious as to be insulting.

mckyle.
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I don't dislike Lady Gaga!!

spiritedenergy
Feb 18th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I don't "hate her", some of her hooks are catchy a nice to listen to for a while, but i think she's pure garbage... But I mean it's not her fault, she and her label know where the money is especially in the states, and they go for it with repetitive music and whack lyrics and outfits. She'll be replaced by Kesha or whoeverelse trainwreck will come after that... But what irks me is that she tries hard to be compared to Cindy Lauper, Madonna, David Bowie, The Queens, etc. rather than Britney, i mean come on, you're not all that:rolleyes:

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I've only heard one of her songs(Bad Romance), which I give about a 5 or 6 on a scale of one to 10. However, I give her bangs a 9.5.

(There can only be one perfect 10, and I think we all know who SHE is).

moby
Feb 18th, 2010, 04:25 PM
As far as mainstream radio artists go, she's the only one who is:

- interesting
- musically talented
- smart
- not Beyonce

Hence her relevance. Obviously lots of indie artists produce better music, but we're talking about mainstream pop, which is almost always crap anyway. :tape:
I will resist from going into more detail as I have many times prior, but I like the idea of kitschy unabashed explicit fame-whoring as a joke on the music industry.

~{X}~
Feb 18th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I don't "hate her", some of her hooks are catchy a nice to listen to for a while, but i think she's pure garbage... But I mean it's not her fault, she and her label know where the money is especially in the states, and they go for it with repetitive music and whack lyrics and outfits. She'll be replaced by Kesha or whoeverelse trainwreck will come after that... But what irks me is that she tries hard to be compared to Cindy Lauper, Madonna, David Bowie, The Queens, etc. rather than Britney, i mean come on, you're not all that:rolleyes:

Your opinion is moot in regards to musical taste since you have Rihanna in your avatar... if you want to talk about pure garbage just look there. ;)

floco
Feb 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM
One word. OVERRATED.
The thing that makes me mad about her, is that with her provocative and edgy style, you would expect her music to kick ass - or at least have some edge.
But I'm sorry to say, her music is NOTHING new. All her melodies are incredibly easy (catchy if u want...), as are the electronic arrangements. If you like real electronic music, Lady Gaga will make you puke.
I mean really, its teen music, thats it.
Now dont get me wrong, I like mainstream artists too. Somebody mentioned Beyonce, well she is 10 times more talented than Gaga to me. Even somebody like Gwen Stefani is way edgier and has more personality than Gaga's overhyped music.
Really, as a music fan, Lady Gaga's success makes me sad. Or let me rephrase that. I can understand success. But the way some fans act like she's the next big thing, and she's soooooo creative and edgy.. errr NO!!!!

ZODIAC
Feb 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM
she has made Akon a rich man for sure..

Brooks.
Feb 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM
the hype.

Mrs. Peel
Feb 18th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I don't hate her. I just don't get the hype.

Her music is average at best. She reeks of inauthenticity. Good that she can play piano but I don't see any remarkable musicianship on level of someone like Tori Amos, where her piano electrifies. That Elton John duet only was decent becasue Elton was rocking the piano. Her licks were limited and Elton showed he is the master.

GaGa is all flash and very little substance. People like that sort of thing. :shrug:

ZODIAC
Feb 18th, 2010, 06:09 PM
she is a flash in the pan..she will fizzle in the future,that madness is not sustainable.
The true queen of outrageous is Grace Jones and she has the personality for it...and stayed true and aunthentic all these years.
Rihanna and Gaga are copying Grace..

Golovinjured.
Feb 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Stefani is a very talented singer, but Lady Gaga is just a gimmick. :shrug:

No doubt about it. :spit:

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I don't hate her. I just don't get the hype.

Her music is average at best. She reeks of inauthenticity. Good that she can play piano but I don't see any remarkable musicianship on level of someone like Tori Amos, where her piano electrifies. That Elton John duet only was decent becasue Elton was rocking the piano. Her licks were limited and Elton showed he is the master.

GaGa is all flash and very little substance. People like that sort of thing. :shrug:

Yes, but given the number of "musicians" these days who can't even do that much, I guess it's enough to impress some people.

I mean I've just seen too damn many one-hit wonder bands who don't even know how to hold their fucking instruments--if they even bother to play them instead of relying on pre-recorded crap. Maybe I'm turning into my parents, but it does seem to be getting worse these days. And some of that I base on the grousing of my 17-year-old guitar/sax/bass-playing son.

Mary Cherry.
Feb 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I don't.

Crying at the Brit Awards was a bit much though :weirdo: Those awards have no prestige whatsoever.

The Dawntreader
Feb 18th, 2010, 11:38 PM
This is honesty. Personally, I feel no need to dislike/hate her. Why are you so adverse to her? Her music exemplifies what we all want/need.

Don't speak on my behalf, she offers nothing to me personally via music.

Every scrap of her career is based on the self, image, more image, self, self, self. Where's any hint of resonance, connectivity? Music and singing is a communicative tool chiefly. As a medium it has an obligation to reveal something to you.

Unless grinding in bizarre outfits and resorting to non-sensical lyrics is giving people wordly some kind of universal clarity and understanding, then by all means she's a talented artist. However, i cannot see this being at all true.

Music shouldn't just be about being 'catchy' or 'accessible'. The same notion that relationships shouldn't just be about sex.

floco
Feb 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Look at somebody like Bjork for example. Yes she was odd, had some weird outfits and behaved strangely at times. But she was not trying to be weird. She just was. And all that strangeness fit her music, unlike Lady Gaga who's just trying to sell as much as she can (but will never be Madonna though...).
She was an artist, and she wasnt all image like Gaga (though the Bjork imagery was great as well but more subtle) Her music was a million times more creative than this wanna be weirdo's.
I think what it is, is that in the creative void of today's popular music, (young) people are easily impressed by a few crazy outfits and hairdos, some easy electronic arrangements, and somebody who can play a little piano. :rolleyes:

By the way I know Bjork is not dead, I just used the past tense as she has been keeping a low profile lately. God I miss those days...

DontGetItTwisted
Feb 19th, 2010, 12:10 AM
She tries way too hard and are off scene outfits are RIDICULOUS. Have some class, damnit

doni1212
Feb 19th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Because I don't like people who try soooooooo hard to be different. Be different because you are, not because you want to appear that way, :rolleyes:

DontGetItTwisted
Feb 19th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Oh and she looks dirrty and trashy, like a walking STD which can fuck you up anytime

Dandy_Warhol
Feb 19th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Her "music" is garbage

She is a freak. :shrug:

Oh and she looks dirrty and trashy, like a walking STD which can fuck you up anytime

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ic5c9w.jpg

at least back up your dislike with rational reasonings like the others here :shrug:

ZODIAC
Feb 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM
most performance artistes have this uncanny ability to hold anyones attention,Gaga is too much and I usually change the channel...she doesnt hold my attention.
When Grace Jones,Madonna and David Bowie perform they are mesmerising...Gaga doesnt have that quality

AleOrtu
Feb 24th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I only dislike her name. "Gaga" is an insult in spanish.

When an old person says nonsense, acts silly ways, has alzeimer, we said "Ése viejo está gagá" (this old man is gaga) to say he has not his brain in order.

I like the rest fo her :hearts: :singer:

Bayo
Feb 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I was indifferent until "Bad Romance." That's just an amazing song. And the video is one of the best I've seen in years.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 25th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I think her image makes the music come to life. I remember when The Fame first came out and my friend was always blasting it in his car, I was unimpressed until I saw the video for Poker Face and it gave the music a different life. Now I love all her music :hearts:

LudwigDvorak
Feb 25th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I don't like her music.

Living_Legend
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:09 AM
I love GaGa but according to this crazy, God hates her:

TEgxBOtAOIM

miss_molik
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Look at somebody like Bjork for example. Yes she was odd, had some weird outfits and behaved strangely at times. But she was not trying to be weird. She just was. And all that strangeness fit her music, unlike Lady Gaga who's just trying to sell as much as she can (but will never be Madonna though...).
She was an artist, and she wasnt all image like Gaga (though the Bjork imagery was great as well but more subtle) Her music was a million times more creative than this wanna be weirdo's.
I think what it is, is that in the creative void of today's popular music, (young) people are easily impressed by a few crazy outfits and hairdos, some easy electronic arrangements, and somebody who can play a little piano. :rolleyes:

By the way I know Bjork is not dead, I just used the past tense as she has been keeping a low profile lately. God I miss those days...

Because I don't like people who try soooooooo hard to be different. Be different because you are, not because you want to appear that way, :rolleyes:

Totally agree. She just tries so hard to be different, her outfits are so annoying and her music isn't that great, i mean some of them are catchy, but mostly not the best quality.

I respect that people like her, you can't really help it when an artist/song grabs you, but she is just too left of centre for me:o

I had a friend at school that hated conforming and trends and everything like that, and she wanted to be different in every way, like when we got our yr 12 jerseys she wouldn't wear hers because everyone else wore them, and we had these graduation rings and she wouldn't wear it just because everyone else wore them, and we were like - you should not wear it because you DON'T WANT to wear it, just be yourself.

espntennis
Feb 26th, 2010, 02:56 AM
"Bad Romance." That's just an amazing song. And the video is one of the best I've seen in years.

I 100% agree. She's made music actually interesting again.

ZODIAC
Feb 26th, 2010, 03:02 AM
she needs a lot of props to be interesting...dancers ETC,she doesnt hold my attention ...too much going on ,unlike Grace Jones who is mesmerising you cant take your eyes off her.She doesnt gyrate ..her presence on stage is amazing and all these wannabes will never be Grace because she is a force of nature...

Optima
Feb 26th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I like her because she has an interesting way of creating images and themes - IMO, of course. Who the hell cares if she's image based? It's part of the package. I don't especially think she's trying "extra" hard to be different either. I mean, who are we to say she is or isn't? I think she has a nice ability of creating catchy and unique phrases and snippets of lyrics that sound appealing - notice, I did not use the word "good" anything related to that sentence, but she has a way of creating phrases and sentences to create a unique take on subject matter. I can't imagine anyone else singing about stars in our eyes, blowing your heart up, riding on disco sticks, ice cream topped with honey or hairspray everywhere. Maybe I'm just deluded, but whatever.

Oermi
Feb 26th, 2010, 02:34 PM
the music is just annoying, imo :o po-po-po-pokerface-po-po-pokerfaaace
um... no :o

harloo
Feb 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I don't necessarily have a dislike of Lady Gaga. She's an excellent live performer and her songs are pretty catchy. My gripe is her delusional stans who pretend she's artistically superior to her peers because of her innovation.:lol: When presented with facts they become defensive as if this chick is the greatest artist in the universe. Roisin Murphy and Madonna did EVERYTHING Lady Gaga is doing right now (and might I add) ten times better. She's a gimmick much like the pop fluff that's out today. The fact that she sings dance songs doesn't make her any better.:tape:

LucyFromLondon
Feb 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I like her music, but don't like watching her. When seeing her I think she lacks something and I can't put my finger on it. She appears a bit vacant - but as I say I don't know exactly what it is.

Kart
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I don't mind her.

She's not the second coming though.

Super Dave
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Outside of "Bad Romance" and "So Happy I Could Die", I consider her music pretty average. I really like those 2 songs though.

I've seen pics of her pre-Gaga and she didn't seem ugly, but what she does to herself now is not attractive at all. But perhaps she's not trying to be attractive, just creative and different...

Solitaire
Feb 27th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I tried to get into her but I just couldn't. She does have some catchy songs but nothing I would listen to over and over again. However I do like her persona and the crazy outfits she wears just don't care for her music all that much.

esquímaux
Feb 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM
No one truly dislikes Lady GaGa. Her music is immaculate. Some people are just anti-GaGa because they like being different.
And that's what I like about ole gurl. Lady Gaga is the epitome of difference. She touches boundaries that other artists are afraid to venture. She encompasses all of her fans from every spectrum.

(Bad Romance overture insert)...I want your love and I want your revenge..
...I want your love..
I don't wanna be friends.
Je ton veux amour et je veux ton revenge
Je veux ton amour

Olórin
Feb 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I must admit Lady Gaga is actually quite good. Still a bit over-hyped by her fans though imo - they're starting to overtake the crazy Beyonstans.

So Disrespectful
Feb 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I don't think she's particularly creative. Her arrangements are all similar, and she can't write a verse to save her life. All of her music builds up to these hooky choruses that her songs would be absolutely nothing without. None of her music makes me feel a thing, it all comes across as insincere and contrived.

All of that said, she's a quite above average vocalist, possesses the musical talent (piano skills) to get her songs down in raw form and have someone step in to help make them hits, has some very interesting costume choices and of course, the smarts to make her mediocre pop music endearing to the dumb masses. I guess you could say she's the total package in terms of writing accessible music, putting on a show and selling herself.

Dodoboy.
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I must admit Lady Gaga is actually quite good. Still a bit over-hyped by her fans though imo - they're starting to overtake the crazy Beyonstans.

OH hell no!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2gsfin7.jpg

Elwin.
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM
OH hell no!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2gsfin7.jpg

OH hell yes!

http://i27.tinypic.com/23mwink.jpg

Stamp Paid
Feb 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
She aight.

Certinfy
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Can't sing and I don't like her songs.

mckyle.
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Certinfy
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
:lol::lol::lol:That's from what I've seen from her performing live tho. :p

mckyle.
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
That's from what I've seen from her performing live tho. :p

Interesting.

Certinfy
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Interesting.Hehe, may look up some of her live performances later though, only have seen a few, and shouldn't really judge from them I guess.

volta
Feb 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM

:spit:

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:08 AM
oMG I can't stop listening to lovegame and bad romance. :sobbing:

Dandy_Warhol
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:28 AM

http://i47.tinypic.com/nnu0er.jpg

Dominic
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:37 AM

Can't sing haha. She sings very well. I actually love her music, the definition of catchiness, but I really dont like her super weird and fugly outfits and the fact that she makes herself look ugly on purpose.

Pasta-Na
Mar 1st, 2010, 04:57 AM
is lady gaga a man or not? :p

mckyle.
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:08 AM
^ Yes

Carotastrophe
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM
Well, shes better than Ke$ha and some others...

Pasta-Na
Mar 1st, 2010, 05:19 AM
^ Yes

:speakles:

Apoleb
Mar 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
I don't think she's particularly creative. Her arrangements are all similar, and she can't write a verse to save her life. All of her music builds up to these hooky choruses that her songs would be absolutely nothing without. None of her music makes me feel a thing, it all comes across as insincere and contrived.

All of that said, she's a quite above average vocalist, possesses the musical talent (piano skills) to get her songs down in raw form and have someone step in to help make them hits, has some very interesting costume choices and of course, the smarts to make her mediocre pop music endearing to the dumb masses. I guess you could say she's the total package in terms of writing accessible music, putting on a show and selling herself.

I think I would agree with that the most, particularly the part in bold. Poker Face remains her catchiest tune, and I absolutely hate Bad Romance.

Mynarco
Mar 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Her "costume" is just awful, her "song" is just boring. Period

Serenus Christ
Mar 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM
Well, shes better than Ke$ha and some others...

Most of these arguments against lady gaga should be used for this Ke$ha, please she is sooo over-hyped.

And lady gaga is the smartest person in the industry and an amazing artist.
Do you know what the bad romance film clip is about.. look it up its so deep.
all her music and film clips are so deep, so inspiring.