View Full Version : sickening..

Tammy
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:50 PM
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20021003/D7ME6C7O0.html

Five Killed in Maryland County

Email this Story

Oct 3, 11:45 AM (ET)

By STEPHEN MANNING

SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) - Five people were shot and killed within a one-mile radius in less than 24 hours, gunned down one by one in public places in several Washington suburbs, authorities said Thursday.

Authorities were attempting to determine whether the shootings late Wednesday and early Thursday were related. Investigators had not found any indication that the five victims were related in any way or had any conflict with anyone, Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose said.

Police were looking for two individuals in a white cargo van, possibly with damage at the back. Several witnesses told police they saw such a vehicle leaving some of the shooting scenes.

A 55-year-old man was killed in the parking lot of a Wheaton grocery store Wednesday, police spokeswoman Nancy Demme said.

A man riding a lawnmower was killed about 7:45 a.m. Thursday in the White Flint area, and another man was shot at 8:15 a.m. while pumping gas at a Mobil station in the Aspen Hill area. He died at the scene.

About a half-hour later, a woman died at a post office next to the Leisure World retirement community in Silver Spring. The woman was shot in the head, according to a spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Department.

A woman was then shot about 10 a.m. at a Shell gas station in Kensington. Mechanics at the gas working said they heard the shots but didn't see the person or persons who killed the woman, who was vaccuuming her van.

"We didn't see any confrontation or anybody around her," mechanic John Mistery said.

As a precaution, Montgomery County schools canceled all outdoor activities and locked down school buildings. No one was being allowed to leave or enter school buildings unless a parent calls ahead to retrieve their children. District of Columbia schools also canceled outdoor activities.

The lockdown would remain in effect until police said it was safe to lift the restrictions, schools spokeswoman Kate Harrison said.

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:53 PM
OH that is sick. Shooting random people like that. Ugh this is just so sick. How can people be so sick and twisted? Do they think this is morally right to just randomly go drive around and shoot people?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:00 PM
:eek: :sad:

speaking of shooting.... a family was found shot to death in Norway last weekend. Appearently the dad in the fam. shot his wife and kids and then comitted suicide. they were found at their cabin. Police said that it's a "family tragedy".

what the fuck is happeneing to the world?

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 4th, 2002, 02:52 AM
that is VOLGAUR,it makes me want to be sick,its so sad too:fiery: :sad:
this world is so sick at times!:fiery: (well some of the loosers in it who do that kind of shit)

Hurley
Oct 4th, 2002, 02:55 AM
Yup...right by me. Fun. :mad:

Poe
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:00 AM
imagining the families being told their loved ones were shot at random while pumping gas for no reason whatsoever turns my stomach

what do you say to something like this... some people are just inherantly evil ... :sad:

The Vampiress
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Hei Marri:wavey:

Vulgar not volgaur;)

I feel for the rest of the family's who were hurt by the ordeal :sad:

Scotso
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:02 AM
That's disgusting.

Jordan.
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:02 AM
:sad: Thats so sick....

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:05 AM
its one of those things which make me feel pysicaly sick and it chills my spine.
truely shocking.

DutchieGirl
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:21 AM
:sad:

the cat
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:26 AM
That's just an appalling act of violence! :mad: What in the world could cause someone to do such damage? And this hideous crime is stranger than usual. Usually it's an uhappy worker or ex-company employee who goes beserk. But this tragedy was incredibly random. Which could make it very difficult for the authorities to find a reason for this horrible act.

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:31 AM
dont bother trying to find a reason for crimes like that,just go with something along the lines of "the criminal was fucked up and should rot in hell"

Jetta
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:34 AM
I hope the criminal(s) will be caught soon. These killings are absolutely uncalled for. The people in that county are probably scared to death of going out of their house until those people are caught. And then the chances of copycat crimes are pretty probable. Ugh :mad:

Tammy
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:54 AM
.. and to think they still don't have a profile or anything just a white van .. :sad: - hopefully whoever did this will be caught soon and for christ sake is done with their sick game :fiery: