PDA

View Full Version : The 'Terrorising Tatiana Panova' cheering thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sammm
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:40 PM
I am a Huge fan of Tiny Tatiana Panova and I am setting up this cheering thread. Janie told me that others had set up a Tatiana thread but it disappeared.
Tatiana's next tournaments are:
-Filderstadt (If she gets in) where she was a quarter finalist last year.
-Zurich (Again, if she gets in) Tatiana lost here in the second round last year.

I would be grateful if someone could publish some pictures of her
because (embarassingly!!) i can't post photos.
Thanx. Keep posting.
:p

Sammm
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Tatiana is in the Filderstadt draw. In the first round she will confront Silvia Farin Elia of Italy. Tatiana will have to play well to win. However Farina Elia hates indoor surfaces. Tatiana has quarter final points to defend and if she beats Farina she will play the out of form Dokic.GO TATIANA!! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:24 PM
that thread hasn't disappoeared
but its probably on page 2 :)

well done Tanya :)
now go and beat Dokic :D

Sammm
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:06 PM
I'm sure you're right, Egg.
Tatiana had a great win over Silvia Farina Elia in the first round of the Porsche Grand Prix. She won 6-2, 6-3 and will now play Jelena Dokic. :)
Well done, Tatiana!!!

Sammm
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Tatiana has had great wins over:
Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario
Meghann Shaughnessy
Elena Dementieva
Anna Kournikova
Elena Bovina
Silvia Farina Elia
Nathalie Tauziat
Barbara Schett
Paulo Suarez
Natasha Zvereva
Julie Halard-Decugis
Amanda Coetzer
Conchita Martinez
Anke Huber
Jelena Dokic
Jennifer Capriati
and many others.
:)

auntie janie
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Great start, Tiny T! :)

Sammm
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Good luck against Jelena, Tatiana!! You can beat her!!

Sammm
Oct 11th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Tatiana recorded a great win over Jelena Dokic, one of the best of her career. Tatiana was swamped 6-1 in the first set but fought on to win 1-6, 6-4, 6-1. Well done!!!:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:34 AM
that was very enjoyable :)

well done Tanya !!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :D

Sammm
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Tatiana has a horrible draw in Zurich. She beat Anne Kremer 6-4, 6-2 in the first round but in the second round will play Lindsay Davenport. To win this Tatiana will have to play one of the best matches of her life. We believe in You Tatiana. The last time they played (in La) Lindsay won 6-4, 6-2.
However on an excellent note Tatiana has entered the tournament in Thailand where she will probably be seeded second and has a great chance of winning!!
GO!!!!!

Sammm
Oct 17th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Tatiana lost 6-4, 6-2 to lindsay. This was a very hard match.
I want to say good luck to Tatiana for next week in Linz, where she has quarter final points to defend. Also good luck in Thailand-take the title.:)

Sammm
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:54 PM
Tatiana will play a qualifier in the first round of the Linz Tournament. If she wins she will play Justine henin. Henin has not been that consistent recently and a win is not totally out of her reach.
GOTatiana!!
She was a quarter finalist here last year, so has a lot of points to defend!!:)

Sammm
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:04 PM
Tatiana beat Lina 6-4, 6-1. And in the second round will play Justine Henin . They have never played before.
Go Tatiana!!

LeonHart
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Good Luck Tatiana!! Record your first win against Henin!! :)

Sammm
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:44 PM
:)

Sammm
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Tatiana is the top seeded player in Thailand. In the first round she plays a qualifier.

Sammm
Nov 4th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Tatiana is also playing in the doubles with Lisa K. Tatiana is going for a Double whammy

Sammm
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Tatiana won her match against the qualifier 6-1, 6-0 and was rarely troubled. She also won her doubles match with Lina K 7-6, 6-4. :)

Sammm
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Tatiana beat another Tatiana in the second round of the Volvo open. Panova beat Poutchek 6-4, 6-1!
Last year Tatiana lost to her in the quarters 6-2, 6-3, so it shows how much she has improved. :)
I am not sure who she will play in the quarters but I will tell you when i find out along with the results of Tatiana's and Lina's double match. :wavey:

Sammm
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Tatiana and lina will play a Ukranian/ Russian pair in the quarters. They should have no trouble if they are on form. Tatiana will play adriana Serra Zanetti in the first round.
They played each other back in 95 and tatiana lost but she has improve so much since then.

Sammm
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:54 PM
A weary tatiana lost a long three setter in hot conditions against Angelique Widjaja. This stopped her from getting to the final.
Even though normally Tatiana would have been able to beat her she has had a long, successful year where she has played more than 30 tournaments. Now she can have a long rest.
I don't think that she is playing any exhibitions, so we will see her In Auckland, I think, next year, to defend her finalist's points.
I'm not absolutely sure, but i think that she and lina K lost the final of the doubles. :(

Sammm
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Tatiana ended the year at no23 in the rankings.

Sammm
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:44 PM
Tatiana's next tournament is in Auckland. She'll probably be seeded third there, below Danillidou and Smashnova.
Last year she was a finalist in the singles and a semifinalist in the doubles with Poutchek.

Sammm
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Tatiana's schedule for next year is as follows:
-Auckland
-Sydney
-Melbourne
-Tokyo

Sammm
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Tatiana's achievenents of 2003:

Finished the year at 23 in singles.
Finished the year at 81 in doubles.
Had a win loss record of 35-31
Got to two finals
Got to the second tier 1 quarter final in her career.
Helped Russia in the fed Cup.
Got to her highest ranking of
20 :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
Dec 12th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Come on, Tatiana...defend your points from being finalist and this time be the winner! You can do it! :cool: :D :)

Jordan.
Dec 13th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Good Luck in 2003.. ;)

Sammm
Dec 16th, 2002, 02:54 PM
:bounce:

Sammm
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Tatiana has entered a lot of tournies next year here they are so far. (i'm too lazy to edit a previous post!)

-Auckland
-Sydney
-Australian open
-Tokyo
-BREAK
-Doha, Qatar
-Dubai

I'm so excited!!

vaiva
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:57 AM
Tatiana def. Jen Cap 4-6 6-4 7-5 ;)

Well done Tania.
So many quality points ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:59 AM
a big juicy win :D
well done Tanya :)

fresh2flash
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:46 AM
wow :) No more words are of use here!!!

LeonHart
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:00 PM
:eek: Definitly one of her best wins ever, good job Tati :)

Bероника
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Great win,Tatiana!

Sammm
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:48 PM
It's nice to see more posters here!!

Tatiana started off 2003 slowly losing to the highly talented Vera Zvonerava 6-4 6-1. However the next week she had possibly the greatest week of her life when she got to the semis in Sydney!!
She beat Capriati and i was so happy!!

She won her first grand slam match of the year beating Roesch. She will play Morigami, then , probably, Davenport. :rolleyes:

treufreund
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Tatiana beat Morigami today late in the third set (7-5 I think). She keeps on fighting her way through. :bounce:

Bероника
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Good luck against Davenport!!!

Sammm
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:10 PM
I saw Tatiana play Davenport in sydney. It was very close. Tatiana was hitting a lot of great shots down the line.
Davenport will be tired after her match with Tulyaganova and is beatable.
:bounce:

Tatiana has entered scottsdale, Indian wells and Miami.

Sammm
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Tatiana is back up to no.24 in the world.

Sammm
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:14 PM
Tatiana lost 6-2, 6-1 to davenport. Tatiana wasn't playing too great and lindsay was on top form. It happens. Tatiana also played in the doubles with Lina K, but they were beaten in the first round by the second seeds.

Anyway, now I'm looking forward to Tokyo and, particularly, Doha.

Sammm
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:26 PM
Tatiana's record in Fed Cup is 12-3 to the good. I don't think that she will play aginst Germany as she is only number 4 in Russia.

Maori
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:42 AM
She doesn't have to defend any points in Tokyo.But...Please,God,help her to get a good draw

Sammm
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Tatiana is playing a French woman who qualified in round one tomorrow. She's also playing in the dubs with Lina k.
In the second round she might play Elena Dementieva or Meghann Shaughnessy.

Go Tatiana !!!!!

Maori
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:39 AM
At last she will get some rest in Moscow.That all right.Live's going on.She had a good start this year

Sammm
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Tatiana's next tournament is Qatar. She really needs to get some points. She should at least get to the quarters.
Good Luck!!

Sammm
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:47 PM
In the Dubai tournament, Tatiana is currently the 9th highest ranked player in. I hope that someone withdraws so that Tatiana can get that final seeding spot.

Sammm
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Tatiana hasn't got a very good draw in Dubai; in the first round she'll play Francesca Schiavone, who beat her in the third round of the US open last year, but it was very close.
Even if she wins that match, then she'll play seles, who has the sort of game which can blow Tatiana off the court!!

But even one match will mean extra points; in Florida (In Miami and Sarasota) Tatiana has a lot of points to defend, so she needs some here.

C'mon, Tatiana!!

Sammm
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Tatiana lost to Schiavone 6-4, 6-0.
her form is really falling apart

Iconoclast
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Excellent thread, sammm144. I should have posted here earlier, but I didn't notice it the (few) times I have visited the Russian Roulette.

Now that Tatiana has reached the goal of making the Top 20, even if it was only briefly, I think she should focus on trying to get that first tournament win. Rest some more, instead of engaging in the frantic, point-hunting of last year, and perhaps dumb down the schedule a bit. It wasn't a bad idea to skip Doha.

She just needs to stay in the 17-32 range to get decent Slam draws, so I really don't think it matters much if she is #21 or #29. Let's face it, she only made the Top 20 by playing a very heavy schedule. Nothing wrong with that per se, but in the long run it's going to wear her down. And we really don't want that. Of course, Tatiana may be the type of player who likes to keep busy and enjoys playing around 30 tournaments a year, but I don't know how wise it is.

Too bad about the loss to Schiavone. But I never really pictured her doing a whole lot in Dubai. I think Memphis or Colombia would have made more sense.

She really needs a good US spring season.

Sammm
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks for rating the thread, Iconoclast!! I hope you post here a bit more, because sometimes it feels as if i'm talking to myself!!

I agree with you totally. She needs to win a tournie. I think if she'd played Bogota she would have creamed the field; I doubt that her ranking will fall out of the top 30, but she needs to win at least a match in scottsdale before she starts to defend all those Florida Points ( Qf Nasdaq, Rup Sarasota). I think that Tatiana should aim for the fourth round in Indian Wells.

The Navratilova match hurt me too, but I think that if she returned, she couls make the top 30.

Maori
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone .

Sammm
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Tatiana lost her first round match to Cara Black.
Black led 6-0, 5-3, but then there was a rain delay. Tatiana at least fought back to force Black to a tie break. I'm proud that she didn't go back out there and lose straight away.
So, in the end, the score was 6-0, 7-6. Lets hope for a better draw in Indian Wells and Miami. :bounce:

Sammm
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Tatiana has entered the Sarasota Clay Classic, where she was a finalist last year. She should be seeded 7th.

Sammm
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:34 PM
In the second round, Tatiana will play Emmanuelle Gagliardi. If she wins this match it will break her four match losing streak, which she needs to do.
She and Gagliardi have played twice before and Tatiana has never lost.

Good luck, Tatiana!! :bounce:

Iconoclast
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Tatiana couldn't capitalize on a 6-4, 4-0 lead on Gagliardi...

If it's any consolation, she was at least competitive in this match - unlike her previous four losses.

Sammm
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Oh my goodness, she had a 6-4, 4-0 lead!!

Oh, Tatiana, why!!!!

That's what happens from going from lack of confidence.

At least she won a set this time. But if Tatiana doesn't win a round in Miami her ranking will probably go down to the forties.

Sammm
Mar 18th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Tatiana will probably play Marissa Irvin in the second round. She has played once and Tatiana won 6-0, 6-2.

Good luck, Tatiana, keep on fighting.

Sammm
Mar 19th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Tatiana has entered the Bausch & Lomb Champs in Amelia Island and the Family Circle Cup in Charleston.

She has no points to defend.

Iconoclast
Mar 20th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Yes, it did turn out to be Marissa Irvin. She beat Jelena Jankovic 7-6, 6-1. Unfortunately, if Tatiana is successful, she will face Venus Williams in the third round!

Sammm
Mar 20th, 2003, 02:41 PM
I think it's Serena, but either of tham is an extremely tough prospect!!!

Iconoclast
Mar 20th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Oh, right, it is Serena. I guess that changes things quite a bit. ;)

But let's first get past Irvin!

Iconoclast
Mar 21st, 2003, 07:25 PM
Finally victorious!

Tatiana lost the first set, but bounced back splendidly: 4-6, 6-3, 6-3

Time to show Serena the door... ;)

auntie janie
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:58 PM
Good Luck, Tatiana!!!!!! :bounce:

Sammm
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Tatiana beat Irvin!! The slump is over.
Okay, so she lost to Serena Williams in the next round 2 & 1, but we didn't except her to beat Rena, who is in good form.

Sammm
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Tatiana's schedule:

-Sarasota
-Charleston
-Amelia Island
??-Fed Cup??
-Warsaw.

Bероника
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Good luck in Sarasota next week,Tatiana!!!

Sammm
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:52 PM
Tatiana has a crap draw. She will play Iroda Tulyaganova in round 1, who she has never beaten. :eek:

Sammm
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:33 AM
Tatiana lost 6-3, 7-5 to Iroda.
This means dropping out of the top 30. :sad:

Iconoclast
Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:00 PM
Pretty bumpy road she has taken lately. Not sure what to make of it. Doesn't look like she will get a seeding at the French Open, but that may not mean much. Luck is more important.

She still has a couple of chances to get back in swing in America.

Sammm
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Let's hope for better things in Charleston.

Sammm
Apr 8th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Panova beat Melien Tu in the first round!!! :angel: :p

auntie janie
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Congratulations, Tiny T! :)

Sammm
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Tatiana lost her dubs match 6-2, 7-5. But she's still in singles.

auntie janie
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:12 PM
With all this rain delaying all the matches, it's just as well for Tiny T that she is out of the doubles! :)

Sammm
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Tatiana lost to Hantuchova in the second round 6-2, 4-6, 6-3. That's a lot better than the last time they played when Tatiana lost 6-3, 6-1. I thought Tatiana moght be able to win, but she gave her all, as she doed every time she steps on court.

Maori
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:44 AM
2 SAMMM1444
You didn't say anything about her last tornament...

Iconoclast
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:24 PM
She lost to ex-doubles partner Lina Krasnoroutskaya in three sets, 6-4, 2-6, 2-6.

Now just outside the Top 30, she won't have much to defend the coming weeks. Warsaw sort of replaces Hamburg where she lost last year in R1. Berlin - also a R1 loss. She got to R3 of Rome.

Good luck in Poland!

Sammm
Apr 30th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Tatiana lost to a qualifier in the first round of Warsaw, Sandra Kleinova, 6-2, 6-1, which is a terrible loss. I'm really disappointed in Tatiana and hope she can win some matches n Berlin, or maybe she should go back to challengers.

Iconoclast
May 25th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Sad to hear that Tatiana withdrew from Roland Garros because of illness. I wonder if any one might have heard more about her condition?

In any case, I wish her a speedy recovery ahead of Wimbledon.

Sammm
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Tatiana did play Rg but lost to Foretz in 2 tight sets. She'll probably have to qualify for Eastbourne- not playing Birmingham.

Iconoclast
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Tatiana did play Rg but lost to Foretz in 2 tight sets.
That must have been in a parallel universe!

Iconoclast
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Sadly and shockingly, Tatiana appears to have dropped out of the WTA circuit at least temporarily as a result of "illness".

She skipped Madrid, RG, Eastbourne, and is not playing Wimbledon either. Apparently, Eurosport News has reported (according to a poster on this board) that Tatiana suffers from some kind of psychological disorder and has therefore traveled to Australia.

I assume she is there go get help. In any case, I wish her all the best and hope for a speedy recovery. :sad:

Iconoclast
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:48 PM
Just bumping this to see if perhaps any of the Russians in here have seen reports in their national media of Tatiana's mysterious disappearance from the Tour?

ys
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:38 PM
Nothing. They only mentioned her withdrawal from RG and US Open because of "sickness". They note however that the nature of "sickness" was not disclosed.

Fantasy Season
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:41 PM
Poor Tati went from "terrorizing" to being "terrorized". Oh, the irony. :sad:

Sammm
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Irony :mad:

Tatiana will probablty never play again.

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Here's very good news - Tatiana is on the commitment list for Palm Beach Gardens, a 50K from Dec. 1-7.
Tatiana hasn't played since Berlin in May. She's now ranked at #119.
Great to have you back, Tatiana!!

ys
Nov 13th, 2003, 05:28 AM
This is really good news.. :bounce: At least she is healthy..

Wait, won't it break her Protected Rankings?

vaiva
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Thanks, GL! This is indeed great news. :)

Davai, Tania

Sammm
Nov 13th, 2003, 11:54 AM
This is great news, but i'll believe it when i've heard the result of her first round match.

KV
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Great news :)

Bероника
Nov 13th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Great news to learn!!!Thanks!!!

All the best Tatiana!!!!

Sammm
Nov 15th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Tatiana has also entered for the auckland tournament next year. She will probably have to play qualies there and at melbourne. Good luck, Tiny . :)

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:22 PM
I see Tatiana is still on the commitment list for Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. A 50K that begins next week.
It's a good place to start her comeback.

Frank Riley
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Can someone tell mewhat happened to Tatiana, I watched her last year but this year she seemed to be missing? was she hurt? :rolleyes:

Sammm
Nov 28th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Hi Frank :wavey:

She didn't have an injury, she had a mental illness, I think schizophrenia. She hasn't played since berlin, but will hopefully be returning next week to play a challenger. :D

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2003, 03:15 AM
I can't wait to find out if Tatiana's playing or not.

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2003, 04:14 AM
If anyone knows if Tatiana will play, please let us know.

Sammm
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:52 PM
Calm down, Goldenlox :D The draw will be shown in an about an hour, according to nkoth. I want to know if she'll play too!

Sammm
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:54 PM
I have found some good news. Tatiana will not have to qualify for the australian open because she has some sort of special ranking protection, but only for one grand slam. I wasn't sure she'd get this because she wasn't injured.

Sammm
Dec 1st, 2003, 02:54 PM
The qualifying draw only just came out; we will have to wait for the main draw. :mad: :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:33 PM
Tatiana is scheduled to play Kristen Schlukebir in the first round. Schlukebir is 19 and ranked about # 250. A good starting point for Tatiana.

Yak
Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:36 PM
If Tati plays like she did last year, she'll win that easily!

Iconoclast
Dec 3rd, 2003, 08:47 AM
She is BACK! Wonderful news. For me, her comeback is the best tennis-related event in a long, long time. :cool:

But never mind the tennis, I just hope she has fully recovered from whatever ailment hit her.

Maori
Dec 3rd, 2003, 08:58 AM
When her first game's gonna be?Very important one...please,guys,keep me informed : :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sammm
Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:55 AM
She's really back! :woohoo: :hatoff:
Good luck, Tatiana! Have fun!

Sammm
Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:39 PM
She won her comeback match!! :clap2: :woohoo: :yeah: :banana: :rocker:
Tatiana defeated Sclukebir 6-7, 6-2, 6-3. :D

Sammm
Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:40 PM
Tatiana is playing in the doubles with Alina Jidkova, who she was a semi-finalist with earlier this year In Auckland.
Good luck!

KV
Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:44 PM
Well come back with a win :)

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2003, 07:33 PM
Coming back after losing a first set tiebreak shows that Tatiana is in good physical shape. And she stayed focused mentally.
Very well done, Tatiana!

Maori
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Well done!!!!I am very happy...Wow!!!And doubles with Jidkova....It makes sense...I'll be wating for you girls in December
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 11:22 AM
That is a good doubles team. Tatiana and a 2002 US Open finalist.

Bероника
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:11 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: wow well done,TAtiana!!!

WELCOME BACK!! :kiss:

Sammm
Dec 5th, 2003, 10:02 AM
More good news: Tatiana and Alina won their first round doubles match 6-3, 6-3 over Jana Novotna ( :eek: ) and Kathy Rinaldi :D

KV
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Tatiana Panova d. Edina Gallovits 75 62 booked her place in quarter finals :yeah:

Sammm
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:32 PM
:D :woohoo: :clap2: But I thought she was supposed to play Melinda Czink? :confused: Oh, who cares? :D

Sammm
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Oh, Czink lost to Gallovits.

Bероника
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Keep going Tanya!!!!

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Tatiana lost to Marta Marrero 6-1, 6-1. Marrero is ranked about #105.
It was Tatiana's third match of the week, and she might have tired.
But it's great that Tatiana's back. I want Tatiana to enjoy playing, enjoy the competitive struggle.

Sammm
Dec 6th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Tatiana :sad: A good week though. She and alina are still in the dubs, though :)

Sammm
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Tatiana and Alina got to the final of the doubles :D I'm not sure whether they won or lost, but it's still a really good comeback from Tatiana :D .

Maori
Dec 9th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Definetely....That's a really good news!!!

Sammm
Dec 10th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Tatiana is to play in Tokyo after the Australian Open. She has a protected ranking of 33. :)

Bероника
Dec 10th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Good luck for both tournaments,Tatiana!!!

Maori
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Did they win a doubles?

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Tatiana and Jidkova lost the final to Czink and Krauth 6-1, 6-2.
I hope Tatiana plays a lot of doubles in 2004. Many of the veteran players love doubles.

Sammm
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info, Goldenlox.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 10:30 AM
It's good to have Tatiana back on the tour. There are so many tall Russians.
Petite Russians can play this game, too.

Sammm
Dec 15th, 2003, 12:21 PM
It's good to have Tatiana back on the tour. There are so many tall Russians.
Petite Russians can play this game, too.

Well said :D but I wouldn't call Tatiana petit! :lol: I would say small and perfectly formed :)

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Martina Navratilova has said that Tatiana has the widest stance while preparing to return serve of anyone on the tour.
And Martina said Tatiana is 5 feet and 3/4's of an inch tall.

Sammm
Dec 18th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Widest stance? I'm not totally sure what you're saying.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:15 PM
When Tatiana is preparing to return serve, her feet are very far apart.
She moves them closer together when the serve is hit.
Martina said Tatiana could be a gymnast.

Sammm
Dec 20th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Oh, I understand now. Thanks.

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Tatiana will need a little help to get into the Aukland qualies.
Then she's not playing the week before the AO. So it's important for Tatiana to win matches. And get her ranking up.
Tatiana reached the third round of Wimbledon in 2001 and 2002.
If she gets a decent draw in Melbourne, getting to the third round will really help her get that ranking up.

Maori
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:37 AM
She will get a great support she never had....The following week's gonna be tough for all of us...It's raining over here....Good luck!

Sammm
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:31 PM
I think she will get in to qualies as there are so many MDOs. If she gets to the third round ' melbourne it won't get her ranking up, it will just stop it from falling even further.
Why are you talking about Wimby?

Vass22
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Why didn't Tanya play all this while, in the first place? I didn't quite get it yet.

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:21 PM
I mentioned Wimbledon because Tatiana has good results there. I remember her third round match against Capriati. It was very competitive.

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Tatiana plays Lubomira Kurhajcova (SVK) in Aukland, as 2004 begins for team Russia.
Davai Tatiana!

Maori
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:56 AM
Tatiana won 6:4,7:6

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2004, 01:08 AM
That's great! Kurhajcova reached the finals of Pattaya. She's ranked #86, and has recently beat Grande, Obata, and Widjaja.
A really good start to 2004 for Tatiana.

KV
Jan 3rd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Good win

tenn_ace
Jan 3rd, 2004, 09:58 AM
well done Tania! although I thought she should have protected ranking... wasnt she out long enough for it?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:55 AM
she does have a protected rank (33) but she only has 8 events and ONE Slam to use it.

she needs matches and what better way than to beat up lower ranked players.

Sammm
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
Tatiana :worship:

Sammm
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
Tatiana will probably play Tokyo and Memphis after Melbourne.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Tatiana plays Meilen Tu in the second round of qualifying. Tatiana has won 3 out of 4 in their meetings.
Tatiana won 6-2, 6-4 when they met on hardcourt.
I read Tatiana wasn't serving well. That's okay, just get it in and play your game.
Davai Tatiana!

~SunFlower~
Jan 3rd, 2004, 04:37 PM
Panova, impressive first win of the year! :hug: :bigclap:

Good luck against Tu! :kiss:

tenn_ace
Jan 3rd, 2004, 05:16 PM
Ttania's serve has always been a suspect. I remember her playing agains Francheska at the US Open. Tania just couldn't hold her serve. Francheska was attacking it and putting pressure on it until it broke down.

Another thing is Tania spins it. So it's a fairly slow serve (i guess, in 80ish mph tops).

Maori
Jan 4th, 2004, 03:53 AM
She lost....7:5,6:7,1:6..........Very tough game.....unlucky,Tatiana...That's all right....She's not playing doubles,so ...she's going to jog around Mission Bay(Auckland) to get fit herself all this week....She is plaing qual...s in Canberra.....Good luck!She played very impressive........but still not enough

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:05 AM
This comeback is going to have ups and downs. I'm glad Tatiana is playing next week.
I wish she was playing doubles. Not here specifically, but this year.
Doubles pays good money, and it's fun.
I want Tatiana to enjoy the game of tennis.

~SunFlower~
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:17 AM
oh no .... .:sad: :bigcry: Tough loss... she can do better next time... :hug:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 4th, 2004, 08:18 AM
bad luck Tatiana :sad: guess she ran out of legs :(

Sammm
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:54 AM
:sad:

Sammm
Jan 8th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Here is Tatiana's schedule so far after Melbourne. It's pretty packed:
Tokyo
Paris
Doha
Memphis

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Here's Tatiana's section of the Canberra qualies-
4- Tatiana Panova (RUS) vs. WC- Daniella Dominikovic (AUS)
Anastassia Rodionova (RUS) vs. Selmia Sfar (TUN)
Casey Dellacqua (AUS) vs. Yuliana Fedak (UKR)
Jennifer Hopkins (USA) vs. 7- Eva Fislova (SVK)

KV
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Tatiana booked an important, well done.

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Tatiana(4) def. Dominikovic 6:1 6:3. She plays Sfar next.
Drink fluids, and keep going. Davai Tatiana!

Maori
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Come on,Tanyusha!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The Guilty
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Tatiana def. Selima Sfar 6-2 6-4 :D :woohoo:

Keep going Tati :yeah:

She plays Eva Fislova next

vaiva
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Welcome back, Tiny Tania :)

KV
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Good result Tati continues her run

Sammm
Jan 10th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Two great wins! I didn't even realise she was playing In canberra!!!

Sammm
Jan 10th, 2004, 12:19 PM
The fact that Tatiana is playing in Canberrra means that she must be using her special ranking to get in to Melbourne. She is only allowed to do that for 1 grand slam. She must make it count.

Sammm
Jan 10th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Tatiana is playing in dubs in canberra with Zaric, who I don't know much about. They're playing the number 2 seeds, Cohan-Aloro and Loit, but it's a winnable match.

Maori
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:23 AM
She got through!!!!!!Well done,Tanyusha!!!!

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Davai Tania! Another straight set win. This time against Fislova.
She's getting better and better. Tatiana is on her way to a good season.
Stay focused. Drink fluids. And go, go, go!

The Guilty
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:47 AM
She won 6-4 6-2 :D

She'll play now play against Kleinova in the maindraw, so I want her to win even more. If she wins, then in the second round she'll probably play against Paola Suarez. So it's not impossible to go far :)

Go Tati! :bounce:

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2004, 05:25 PM
This is from Bob Larson of tennisnews-

"Even though the tournament is weak at the top, it's fairly strong at the mid-level, which had the interesting effect of relegating one of the best players in the field, Tatiana Panova, to qualifying. (Don't ask us why she isn't using her injury ranking.)"

Keep winning, keep improving, go, go, go!

Sammm
Jan 12th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Tatiana lost; but it's just a matter of time. If she gets a good draw in Meloburne she can do some damage.

goldenlox
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Sandra Kleinova (CZE) d. (Q) Tatiana Panova (RUS) 6-4, 6-3.
Tatiana played 4 matches. It's hot there. A few days off is okay.
Hoping for a good draw next week.

Sammm
Jan 13th, 2004, 09:54 AM
She and her partner lost in the dubs too. Things aren't going her way at the moment.
goldenlox, I like your positive attitude!

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:41 PM
I expect Tatiana's comeback to take time. It's not realistic to expect her to be at peak form in January. I want Tatiana to enjoy the comeback.
She has the skills. The results will come.

goldenlox
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Tatiana's first round match is # 8 seed Ai Sugiyama.
Very, very bad draw. But a good chance for Tatiana to see where her game is now.
Davai Tania!

Vass22
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Does Tatiana have sisters playing in ITF? I've attended this 15 thousand ITF tournament in Dubai, and there were Alexandra and Olga Panova in the draw. Olga is in the semifinal.

Sammm
Jan 17th, 2004, 03:05 PM
I don't know. I've heard of Olga Panova before, though. You should ask The Boiled Egg.

Maori
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Does Tatiana have any chances against Sugiyama? What you guys think? I mean everyone says Tati will lose her game......Tati doesn't have anything to trouble Sugiyama.....Because she is too strong for Tati.....Well...I don't believe it....I know one thing for sure....

.........to be continued on Thuesday

goldenlox
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:57 PM
I would love to see Tatiana win this. But Sugiyama is in the top 10, it's a very tough draw.
Tatiana and Dragana Zaric SCG vs. Magdalena Maleeva BUL (7) and Conchita Martinez ESP (7) in doubles.
Udachi Tania!

Sammm
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:07 PM
I still have hope, Maori.

Bероника
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:24 PM
It will be difficult but good luck TAtiana!!!!

KV
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Good luck Tatiana against Ai

goldenlox
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Tatiana fought well, but lost to the # 8 seed 6-4, 6-2.
A very difficult first round match. But Tanya's moving forward, she's improving.

Maori
Jan 20th, 2004, 04:12 AM
She was up 4:3 in 1st set...but then she lost her serve...and then ,,,,it wasn't easy for her to stay focused....I know one thing...she knows she's improving and it makes me happy...The Best is yet to come

Sammm
Jan 20th, 2004, 10:01 AM
I know what you mean, maori, the best is definitely to come. BTW, you should post more around here!

Bероника
Jan 20th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Well better luck next time,TAtiana.Anyone saw the match?How did she play?Sugi was very difficult opponent.With more mtch practise she can win her the next time though.

Sammm
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Another first round loss: she and Zaric lost their dubs, 7-6, 6-2. They put up a fight, but they were playing a good, seeded pair.

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:19 PM
Tatiana had difficult draws, both in singles and doubles.
Now she has 4 months until RG. It's an opportunity to fine tune her game, and improve her ranking.
Davai Tanya!

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I see Tatiana might be in the main draw for Tokyo. That's a very tough field.
I hope she can win a few rounds. A good draw would help.

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:28 PM
Here's Tatiana's section of the draw-
(7) J.Dokic - C.Black (WC)
T.Tanasugarn - Q
(WC) J.Zheng - T.Panova
Bye - E.Dementieva (3)

Since Elena lost in the first round of the AO, this is a good draw. Tanya has a chance to get rolling here.

KV
Feb 1st, 2004, 05:34 PM
Good luck in Tokyo

Bероника
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:30 PM
Best of luck,Tatiana!!!

Maori
Feb 2nd, 2004, 09:40 AM
She is playing tmrw....On a very quick surface...I don't actually remember when she reached 2 round in Tokyo....I'll cross my fingers at 15.00(Auckland time)...

Sammm
Feb 2nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
She needs to win this match to set the ball rolling. Go Tati!

goldenlox
Feb 4th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Tatiana won 6-4, 6-3. She plays Elena, Tatiana leads 2 to 1.

Sammm
Feb 4th, 2004, 09:54 AM
What a great start! Elena D has improved a lot since the last timet hey played.

Bероника
Feb 4th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Go Tanya!!!! Best of luck!!!

goldenlox
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:39 PM
They haven't played since Linz 2001. The only time Tatiana lost, she had to retire. So Tatiana should be confident.
Elena needs this match also. This should be good.

KV
Feb 5th, 2004, 05:11 PM
And Tatiana won. Good luck vs. J. Dokic

goldenlox
Feb 5th, 2004, 06:26 PM
When I saw this draw, I knew Tatiana could reach the semis.
It's Dokic in the quarters. They've played three times. Dokic won the first two, on clay. Tatiana won the last one, Filderstadt 2002. A big chance for Tatiana to win a Tier I quarterfinal.

TartarVicario
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Good luck Tati :D

goldenlox
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Tatiana has played the Pan Pacific 4 straight years. She only reached the second round once before this year.
Now she's playing Dokic in the quarters. They've played twice on clay, both won by Dokic. And a third time indoors, 2002 Filderstadt, won by Tanya.
Davai!

goldenlox
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Dokic up 3-0. Not a good start.

goldenlox
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:26 AM
4-1. Tatiana has to get going now.

goldenlox
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Dokic 6-1. When Dokic is on, she's very good.

Sammm
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:06 AM
She lost 6-1, 6-1. A good tournie, though.

goldenlox
Feb 7th, 2004, 02:39 AM
It was a good tournament for Tatiana. Next is Memphis, and I think she might have to play qualies.

Sammm
Feb 7th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I thk it would be better for her to play qualies there than to use up one of the few tournament she can get in to.

goldenlox
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Definately. I think she has 7 more tournaments where she can use her protected ranking of 33.
Save those for Tier I's and II's.

Sammm
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:03 AM
BTW, Tatiana up to number 150 in the world.

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Tatiana plays Lioudmila. Two of my favorite players meet in the first round of qualies in Memphis.
I hope the winner makes the main draw and keeps going.

Sammm
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Tatiana plays Lioudmila. Two of my favorite players meet in the first round of qualies in Memphis.
I hope the winner makes the main draw and keeps going.
Go Tatiana!:kiss: Lioudmila who?

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Lioudmila Skavronskaia will be 24 in March. She's 6 foot 2, and hits the ball hard. She's ranked about # 175, and sometimes posts on this website.
She beat Widjaja in the Pan Pacific qualies.

KV
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Tatiana won her first round Q. She's on her way back to the top 100.

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Tatiana won 6-2, 6-3. A good continuation from Tokyo. A lot of good players in this Tier III.

Maori
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Lioudmila Skavronskaia will be 24 in March. She's 6 foot 2, and hits the ball hard. She's ranked about # 175, and sometimes posts on this website.
She beat Widjaja in the Pan Pacific qualies.

How do you know she(Lioudmila) posts here?

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Today Tatiana plays Kirkland.
Lioudmila said it was her, and TBE believed her, so I believe it was her also.

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Tatiana won 6-3, 6-0. She won the last 10 games. She's playing well. I hope she draws well and gets points here.

KV
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Marching to the top 100. Continue Tatiana!

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Look at this first round match-

Sharapova/Zvonareva v. Panova/Voskoboeva

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Tatiana beat A. Bachman in her third qualie win. Now we need a good draw.

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Here's Tatiana's section-
3 Sharapova v. Martinez-Granados
Tatiana v. Grande

Go, go, go! Win at least twice! Udachi!

Sammm
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Thanks for keeping the thread up to date, goldenlox. Go TATIANA!!

Bероника
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Vamos Tatiana!!!

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Tatiana hasn't beaten Grande. They haven't played in a while-

2000 Oklahoma Carpet (I) QF Rita GRANDE 6-4 3-6 4-6
2001 Los Angeles Hard (O) 64 Rita GRANDE 1-6 7-5 1-6

Davai Tanya!

KV
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Another 3 setter between Tatiana and Rita. This time Tatiana won. Good luck in the next round. Good performance.

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:58 PM
The Tennis Channel is showing Memphis now, but Spadea.
Udachi Tanya!

Maori
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Well...Very excited...Prefer her not play tmrw

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:08 PM
6-7, 6-4, 6-1. That's twice in a row Tatiana lost the first set. She has to start faster.
Good luck in round 2!

She can't play tomorrow. Her next opponent has to be decided. Sharapova v. Martinez-Granados

Doubles tonight.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Here's a report on the match-

Panova vs. Grande...Panova has gotten almost a Capriati type build...she looks overweight but it doesn't seem to be much fat. She really has to work on every point, very very hard, and was just too consistent for Rita. Grande really mixed it up , lots of slices, some moonballs..but as long as Tatiana hung in the point it went her way. That was pretty much the story even in the first set, except that Tatiana played a horrible TB...after the match i said there were a lot us who were her fans and we're all glad she was back and she just said thank you so much lol she looked exhausted

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2004, 03:43 AM
It must have been a long, tiring day for Tatiana. Three sets in singles, then three sets in doubles, losing 6-4, 6-7, 6-4.
Get some rest tomorrow. Big match on Wednesday.

Sammm
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Wow, you met Tatiana:hearts: Lucky bi**h!
Well done on winning :D Even though she lost the dubs it's great that she's being competitive:)

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I'm not in Memphis. That I got from the Memphis forum, the "Monday" thread.

Tatiana has today off. A tough match on Wednesday.

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Tatiana plays in 10 hours. Maria played well today. Tatiana has to be on her game.

Bероника
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:20 PM
(3) Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. (Q) Tatiana Panova 21 ret. (upper respiratory illness) :sad:

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I hope this is nothing serious. Tatiana, take your time and get healthy.
An extra week off is not important.
It is important that you come back ready to play a full week of long matches.

Sammm
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Respitory illness? That doesn't sound good. get well, Tatiana!

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Tatiana Panova found it difficult to play through an upper respiratory illness. Panova took the court to try and play, and at 2-1 in the first set, realized she would be unable to go the duration of the match.

"I've been sick for three or four days," Panova said. "I thought I would be able to play the whole match, but there was nothing that I could do.

"I didn't have any power the whole match. After the first game, I didn't think I could do it for the whole match."

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Tatiana is playing qualies in Bogota-

T. Panova (3) vs J. Cortez

If you're healthy, go get them. If you're not 100%, you should take this week off.

goldenlox
Feb 21st, 2004, 02:52 AM
Here's Tatiana's section-
T.Panova(3) - J.Cortez
L.Popadic - P.Garcia
B.Colosio - R.Kuti-Kis
J.Cravero - E.Gallovits(6)

Tatiana should come through if she is healthy. Good health and good luck Tanya!

Sammm
Feb 21st, 2004, 12:23 PM
Bogota!! :eek: I wish Tatiana wouldn't play here, Bogota has such a bad reputation. If fit, you're right, Goldenlox, she can definitely qualify. She played Gallovits I think ih her first or second match back in Palm Beach and won 6-2, 7-5.

Go Miss Panova! :kiss:

Sammm
Feb 21st, 2004, 01:02 PM
I imagine that Tatiana will play in mexico aswell. GL, can you check the commitment list for lazy old me?

Maori
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:50 AM
She is not gonna play in Mexico....That's for sure...She is taking one week rest after Bogota.....
But....What's happening over there???Delays due to rain?Wow....Two games tmrw???...I hope-two

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:53 AM
A lot of rain this weekend. I don't understand why Tatiana is playing qualies so quickly after those upper respiratory illness problems in Memphis.
But she's a veteran and I trust her judgement. I hope she's healthy and gets through.
I think Tatiana might be the best player there.

Maori
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:33 AM
Yes....She might...And she knows that...It wasn't actually serious UPPER RESPIRATORY ILLNESS...She just cought a cold....And she decided not to risk in a game against Sharapova

vutt
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:34 AM
Hi!

I found few Tatiana pics from Jelena's fan page:
Pics are from this year Tokyo tournie. Source: http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/dhbvg87/Gallery106-5.htm

http://www87.sakura.ne.jp/~dhbvg87/Gallery/photo106/040204-1364.jpg
http://www87.sakura.ne.jp/~dhbvg87/Gallery/photo106/040204-1375.jpg

She looks good I have to say :)

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Tatiana beat Joana Cortez in Bogota 6-2, 6-2. If Tatiana is healthy, she will go far in this tournament.

KV
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:39 PM
Good win Tatiana, she's on her way back to the top 100.

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:31 PM
Tatiana lost to Lana Popadic 6-4, 6-3.
At least she has a chance to rest. She still has 7 tournaments with protected rank (33).

Maori
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:57 AM
Well...She was leading 3:0 in 2nd set....And then...She lost concentration...She thought the game was already in her pocket...But it didn't happen...Tatiana understands that because she could win not just this game...She is in a good shape...
She might fly to Qatar to play quals but only after her doubs perfomance with Rodionova here in Bogota

tenn_ace
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:01 AM
why she even bothered going all the way to Columbia to play on a worst and least favourite surface is a mistery to me. :rolleyes: she should have played St.Paul.

oh well, she will now have lots of time to prepare herself for IW main draw. good luck Tania!