PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton for Prime Minister!

Halardfan
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:51 PM
Clinton gave a speech to the British Labour party conference yesterday, and reminded everyone just how much better a leader he was than that idiot in charge now.

He was out and out superb. :) :) :)

The speech was full of praise for Blair and Labour, but had some real digs at GW...which the Labour party members loved.

As one observer pointed out, the party would love to have him lead them right now, rather than Blair, who is increasingly cosy with Bush...GW is everything we hate.

Clinton got a fantastic reception, as these comments from The Guardian delightedly show...

"There is no single definition of what makes a great political speech. Probably the accolade is handed out too readily. Yet no one who was present at Blackpool yesterday afternoon was in any doubt that they had just heard one. In an intimate, almost conversational tone, speaking only from notes, Bill Clinton delivered the speech of a true political master. Those who have only thought previously of Mr Clinton as a source of entertainment - the way that far too much reporting of him in this country depicted him - will have been stunned and, one hopes, just a little ashamed. For this was the speech of a truly serious political leader, and if it went on five minutes longer than it needed to do, it was still a performance of the highest possible class. If one were reviewing it, five stars would not be enough.
Two big things will endure from what Mr Clinton had to say. The first and more immediate is his radically different and much more responsible approach to Iraq than that of the Bush administration. His calls to keep the priority on al-Qaida, to focus on the United Nations route for dealing with Iraq, to prefer non-military ways of achieving regime change, and to see military action as only a last resort offered a more profound and far preferable route to the current president's. His comments that the west has a lot to answer for in Iraq and that innocent people will die in any attack were wise reminders of what is at stake.

But the wider legacy of Bill in Blackpool is the unfaltering message of optimism that he delivered about the Labour government and about Tony Blair. At times, it was even as if Mr Clinton was calling on Mr Blair to rescue America from Bushism. Those who thought Mr Clinton would avoid controversy were proved wrong. If the delegates came away feeling good about themselves, they had every right to do so. What a speech. What a pro. And what a loss to the leadership of America and the world."

Bill, stay in Britain where you are appreciated! Take the helm :)

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:25 PM
I always said that Bill was a good President and a great time manager. :)

Monica_Rules
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:34 PM
Bill was a great president shame the US has George W Bush now

veryborednow
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:22 PM
I watched the whole thing (:o had to, homework) VERY persuasive, and doesn't ... speak with ........ annoyingly .. punctuated ...... gaps . for...... effectiveness .... boring

wongqks
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:52 PM
:)

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by veryborednow
I watched the whole thing (:o had to, homework) VERY persuasive, and doesn't ... speak with ........ annoyingly .. punctuated ...... gaps . for...... effectiveness .... boring

lmfao :D

Bill was a good PRESIDENT. ;)

gentenaire
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:29 PM
as George Bush would say "Bill is a gooood guy"

JasonW
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Y'all can have Bill, he's all yours!!! We don't want him here.

Keith
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Clinton was president during a great time in our country...he was a great president, although very horny. NOTHING WRONG WITH WANTING TO GET YOUR GROOVE ON!

Hurley
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by JasonW
Y'all can have Bill, he's all yours!!! We don't want him here.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

If he had been allowed unlimited terms, he probably would have been re-elected every four years until he died. He certainly would have rolled to a win in 2000.

Canek
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:50 AM
would be better to see a pervert saxophonist like Clinton governing USA another 4 years, than a mad idiot, called George W. Bush.
Clinton at least has brain:rolleyes:

The Vampiress
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:53 AM
He gets my vote

*ticks name beside CLINTON, Bill*
Yeah the speech he did to the Labour Org, was great ;)
too bad in America you can only run twice,:fiery:

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:55 AM
bill clinton was nice,i saw him speak in person once and he seemed decent:)

Jetta
Oct 4th, 2002, 02:31 AM
Clinton was a great president.....great personality (horniness aside) Bush is just an idiot. :mad:

King Satan
Oct 4th, 2002, 03:18 AM
I agree with you Allie, Bill was great, he was one of the homies.

Getting his game on in the white house, now that's classic. I still don't no what the big deal was.