PDA

View Full Version : Dubai R1 Garbin def. Pathetic Stosur 3-6 6-2 7-6(4)

Noctis
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM
credits to tax,but thats the worst play from a world number 12 i ever seen yet this year.
Sam can just blast tax away but just keep dreaming 0-0
choke job. she play so bad,i meannt beyond bad.
her 1st df was :tape:

Harvs
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:29 PM
that is disgusting sam. wtf.

VishaalMaria
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I thought Garbin played very well, running down quite a lot of shots and she had to win it as opposed to lose it.

I loved the winner down the line she hit on match point.

Well done Garbin. Too bad Stosur.

nevetssllim
Amaze :hearts: Great passing shot at the end!

For all of Sam's success in doubles, her volleys were horrible.

Tathiana has been in nifty form recently - Sydney final in doubles, third round at the AO, QF in Paris and defeats Stosur here.

Nicolas
Garbinetta :worship: :banana: so glad

Aaric
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Well done Tax :yeah:

hdfb
I AJDE'd and pumped both my fists like Anna Chak when Tatiana won that MP with a ripper.

I take so much joy from seeing Stosur choke and lose. So much. Made my night. She is just, so overhyped. Thank goodness Li Na reached SF at AO, Stosur has no business in Top 10.

Good win Tax. Really hung in there.

Vanity Bonfire
:haha:

I mean, congrats to Tax on all the winning but she is just an awful player who Sam should have disposed of in about half an hour.

Darop.
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Great stuff :yeah:

Bahu
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:33 PM
What was that, Sam??? Pathetic match :o:o:o

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dear Sam. Please give up. kkthxbai.

sebbe
that was true pathetic

aussie_fan
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I take so much joy from seeing Stosur choke and lose. So much. Made my night. She is just, so overhyped. Thank goodness Li Na reached SF at AO, Stosur has no business in Top 10.

Fuck off :o

Terrible play again sam, can't be afraid of these matches.

SVK
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Cool DF at 5:6 40:15:hearts:

Fantasy Hero
Well done Tax :banana:

Jorn
Great play Tax! :yeah:

But Sammy :o

W!MBLEDON
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I AJDE'd and pumped both my fists like Anna Chak when Tatiana won that MP with a ripper.

get a life

The Witch-king

Tathiana has been in nifty form recently - Sydney final, third round at the AO, QF in Paris and defeats Stosur here.
is her last name Williams

The Witch-king
What goes around

ED fan forever
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Stosur is so streaky.:tape:
Ah well, at least this makes Lenas passage to the quarters easier I guess;)

Lachy
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:38 PM
On ya Taxie, take the title!

nevetssllim
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:39 PM
is her last name Williams

Oops, thought I said final in doubles. :o

VishaalMaria
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:39 PM

That's a bit harsh.

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM

Tathiana has been in nifty form recently - Sydney final, third round at the AO, QF in Paris and defeats Stosur here.

i've said this over and over, stosur has horrible wooden hands on volleys and touch shots. she should go nowhere near the net in singles, i mean tax hit some nice passes, but shes no clijsters on the pass and yet it was more than enough against stosurs volley.

tax fought well but flavia and vika have showed this year, if you can move the ball around and be consistent, she should be no match for top 30 players. though with stosur having no backhand, moving the ball around is near on impossible, without playing forehands deep in the backhand corner.

Phil=)
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Tax played very well here and this was the best HC-Tennis from Garbin i've seen for a long time :)
Hope she can keep this level.
GO TAX:hearts:

Serenus Christ
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:47 PM

I think I love you :hearts:

Uranus
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Tax still has some energy left it seems :yeah:.

Noctis
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:03 PM
the umpire keep calling Tax Mr.Garbin :rolls:

Ellery
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Tathiana :hearts: beautiful.

timafi
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:06 PM
:eek:

Huntress55
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Hmm, now im glad there was a Storm and I didnt have foxtel or the net to watch this :lol:

Lulu.
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:42 PM

:)

Mynarco
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Thank god Stosur is NOT in top ten. Her game is the worst I've seen in top 20

Harvs
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:45 PM

how is she overhyped? people rarely seem to be talking about sam and when they do noone mentions top 5 or anything??
she has let her racket do the talking (for the most part) this past year beating most of the top players and playing top 10 tennis.

Slutiana
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
how is she overhyped? people rarely seem to be talking about sam and when they do noone mentions top 5 or anything??
she has let her racket do the talking (for the most part) this past year beating most of the top players and playing top 10 tennis.
You mean she lets the frame on her racket do the talking. :lol:

Beat
Feb 15th, 2010, 02:49 PM
never count out garbin. but yeah, stosur had a great comeback and worked really hard, so i don't understand why she is regressing again. :shrug:

tennisforadults
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:08 PM

You're mental. Some issues there. :rolleyes:

tennisforadults
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Oh. So. Smug. Ha.

rickxx
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Pathetic, embarrassing display from Sam.This year has been pretty awful for her so far...

Petkorazzi
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Pathetic, embarrassing display from Sam.This year has been pretty awful for her so far...
She made a grand slam 4th round and played a great match vs Serena. :spit: So awful.

I can't believe she has so many haters :lol: Just let the girl on her own.

Svetame
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM
For Christ's sake, I am sick of everyone hating on Sam. Some relatively unknown Swiss beats Petrova in straight sets, Petrova being a bigger name than Sam, and no-one calls Nadia pathetic?! Garbin is full of confidence after last week, and Sam hadn't played for a week. I'm not trying to make excuses, Tax won fair and square, but why is Sam pathetic just because she lost a match?!

Yorker
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
No clue how she is staying ranked so high, her game is full of shanks and errors and just plain inconsistency, such an ugly game.

dabossK
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Fuck off :o

Terrible play again sam, can't be afraid of these matches.

Sam stosur sucks. She will drop out of top 20 come French open. And you hve a damn attitude problem.

Serenita
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:40 PM
:haha: omfg! no12

MBM
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:42 PM
ooo christ!

hdfb
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Wayne Arthurs said she could win AO 2010 at Hopman Cup this year. Let's not forget John Alexander said she could win Wimbledon a few years ago. I'm sure you are aware of all the buzz around Sam come the Australian summer. Honestly it's as bad as Lleyton. Call me unpatriotic if you will, I love the other Aussies but Sam and Lleyton just don't go down well with me.

Nikkiri
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Brilliant :sobbing:

hankqq
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:31 PM
no top 30 player should ever lose to Garbin :tape: :help:
but Stosur can be quite awful at times so...:lol: :o

young_gunner913
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:35 PM
overhyped and overrated stosur :worship:

Szavay #1
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:53 PM
:cheer: tax :cheer:

sam i luv u but u think too much :tape:

Pasta-Na
Feb 16th, 2010, 01:47 AM
sammy :help:

Buitenzorg
Feb 16th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Sammy oh sammy :sad:

The Kaz
Feb 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM

You are a bitter person aren't you?

Are you sure you are Australian? :rolleyes:

tennisforadults
Feb 16th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Wayne Arthurs said she could win AO 2010 at Hopman Cup this year. Let's not forget John Alexander said she could win Wimbledon a few years ago. I'm sure you are aware of all the buzz around Sam come the Australian summer. Honestly it's as bad as Lleyton. Call me unpatriotic if you will, I love the other Aussies but Sam and Lleyton just don't go down well with me.

Look, that's just the way sports works. You can forgive the Aussies and their media for 'hyping up' Sam - they haven't had a decent top 10 potential since Molik.

Moreover, what the media and people like Wayne Arthurs and John Alexander say didn't come from Sam's mouth. It's not like she claims to be able to win Hopman Cup or Wimbledon. You seem to be projecting your personal dislike of the Aussie media on Sam and wishing she would choke and lose so as to prove the media wrong.

Or maybe you just have a dislike of Sam for whatever reasons. You don't even know her. It's a pathetic attitude to hate for the sake of hating.

miss_molik
Feb 16th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Look, that's just the way sports works. You can forgive the Aussies and their media for 'hyping up' Sam - they haven't had a decent top 10 potential since Molik.

Moreover, what the media and people like Wayne Arthurs and John Alexander say didn't come from Sam's mouth. It's not like she claims to be able to win Hopman Cup or Wimbledon. You seem to be projecting your personal dislike of the Aussie media on Sam and wishing she would choke and lose so as to prove the media wrong.

Or maybe you just have a dislike of Sam for whatever reasons. You don't even know her. It's a pathetic attitude to hate for the sake of hating.
:yeah:

Terrible loss sammy :sad:

HOS
Feb 16th, 2010, 04:56 AM
i watched the first set (yeah eurosport on foxtel now!!) and stosur's serve was great- kicked to tax's backhand and poor tax couldn't do anything
Stosur very short no effort in rallies though- winner or missm so I guess after the 2nd set she just missed and the serve went off. I was also thinking why wasn't she coming in more as she woudl have a great shot that tax would just get back - maybe cos volleys no good
Anyways, great win tax, keep it up, she is such a sweatheart. IN the fuirst set the ball kiddie had an untied shoe lace and she told him to tie it up, seriuolsy , what a gem