PDA

View Full Version : GMT Magazine - Job Sign-Ups 2010!

ArturoAce.
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2a0bb6q.jpg

Please leave your name below with the job you are interested in.

Few things to remember:
-Do not sign-up if you know you won't have time.
-Do not sign-up if you won't do a neat, professional job.
-We reserve the right to kick you off your job if we feel you are not doing your job.
-The workload will be outlined to you (via pm) once you are confirmed by the board.
-Keep in mind, the workload will not be as heavy as last year.
-Your sign-up will only be for 1 edition. We will ask for sign-ups every time a new edition will be started.
-We may add new types or articles and swap a few things just to keep this magazine interesting.

Here is the format for the magazine:
Post 1: Logo
Post 2: Tournaments Summary
Post 3: Tips & Tutorials
Post 4: Winner's Interview
Post 5: WTA=GMT Players
Post 6: Getting to know...
or
Post 6: Q & A

2010 GMT Magazine Editions:

Tournaments Summary:
Tips & Tutorials: Poiree
Winner's Interview: Marco tennis
Getting to know...Interview: oneandonly
Miscellaneous: (Horoscope, Game, Cartoon, etc.): louisa.
WTA GMT: Cara & Fred

-Tournaments Summary (short summaries of IW/Miami, Clay Series and the B&W Exo)

Tips & Tutorials [Ksenia.]

Winner's Interview* [Poiree]

WTA=GMT Players** [Stadia]

Getting to know...* [Arthur]
or
Q & A

*We are yet to decide who will be interviewed, but I hope to have this sorted out by the end of the week.
Interviewers can sign up anyway.

** This section can stay, but if any of you has another type of article we don't have in the mag yet, we can exchange them,
or just add the new one if someone still wants to do this section.

TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD

We are recruiting 1-2 people who are willing to be the permanent Editor-in-Chiefs for the magazine; these people will work along side with the board in all things related to the magazine. Submit your name below if you are interested, no speech required, we know you all pretty well. We didn't want the board to have to deal with such a heavy work load, so your job is as followed:
-Post the Magazine.
-Create new magazine features.
-Receive articles.
-Etc.

Justin SW
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I can help out :) Just squeeze me in somewhere (not Editor in Chiefs though)

Poiree
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:02 AM
If I am right I already submitted the tutorial for the next edition so you can sign me up for it :) If you didn't receive it or misplaced it I can send it again ;)

Stadia
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:06 AM
If I am right I already submitted the tutorial for the next edition so you can sign me up for it :) If you didn't receive it or misplaced it I can send it again ;)

I have Poiree's tutorial ;) For the person who's going to do the magazine, I can send it to you :)

Yana
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:02 AM
I am interested in the position of Editor-in-Chief :)

Caralenko
Feb 17th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Post 5: WTA=GMT Players

Cara and Fred will take this one :lol:

oneandonly
Feb 17th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I'd like to help out too, maybe with the "Getting to know" interview if it's okay with everyone. :)

ArturoAce.
Feb 18th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Marco I'll give you Winner's Interview.

ArturoAce.
Feb 24th, 2010, 05:40 AM
louisa is doing the miscellaneous. :)

Caralenko
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:44 AM
What are we waiting on? :unsure:

Justin SW
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Winner's interview sounds good ;). I will make it very childish ;)

Caralenko
Mar 9th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Winner's interview sounds good ;). I will make it very childish ;)
Childish? :lol:

Yana
May 18th, 2010, 02:01 PM
OK everyone it is high time to get working on the next mag edition and I must apologize for not starting earlier, but I've been swamped with work lately :) Anyway, here we go. We need volonteers for the following tasks:

-Tournaments Summary (short summaries of IW/Miami, Clay Series and the B&W Exo)

Tips & Tutorials

Winner's Interview*

WTA=GMT Players**

Getting to know...*
or
Q & A

*We are yet to decide who will be interviewed, but I hope to have this sorted out by the end of the week. Interviewers can sign up anyway.

** This section can stay, but if any of you has another type of article we don't have in the mag yet, we can exchange them, or just add the new one if someone still wants to do this section.

Poiree
May 20th, 2010, 09:23 AM
:lol: I think this was the reason the mag was cancelled for a while.. nobody is interested :sobbing:

I can take one of the interviews :shrug:

Stadia
May 20th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'll do a new article (replacing WTA=GMT) :p

ArturoAce.
May 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM
i'll do getting to know...once we know who we want to do.

ArturoAce.
May 21st, 2010, 06:08 AM
poiree, i just put you as winner's interview (you can change if you have another article idea).
maybe we could have a spectators Q&A (skronk, daszmarelli, etc...)

Stadia
May 22nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Yana, when is the deadline for the articles? :p

Yana
May 22nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
i'll do getting to know...once we know who we want to do.

I suggest one of the new players who are competing at RG :)

I think these are the new ones, so you could interview one of them

Sfan
Young_gunner913
Mario Sharapov
Andrijagajic

poiree, i just put you as winner's interview (you can change if you have another article idea).
maybe we could have a spectators Q&A (skronk, daszmarelli, etc...)

Sure :) I will make up my mind about the Q&A soon and after that people will be able to send their questions for them to me ;)

Yana, when is the deadline for the articles? :p

It would be good if we had the magazine published before the end of June. So I would say I need them done till around June 20th ;)

Yana
May 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
Arthur, could you please just add in the first post that Ksenia will be doing the tutorial :p

ArturoAce.
May 31st, 2010, 07:56 AM
okay, so the most logical will probably be Mario Sharapov ;)

Yana
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
okay, so the most logical will probably be Mario Sharapov ;)

agreed :) and I hope he does too :D

Poiree
Jun 8th, 2010, 10:04 AM

Who will we be doing the winner's interview with? I just won RG :lol: doubt it would be cool interviewing myself... I could either interview the doubles winners or Stadia since he won clay series, but again it might be a bit awkward since they beat me in the final :sad: Not sure if I should do this interview at all...

I can still do another article though... If you had anything in mind let me know, if not I can try and come up with something :)

ArturoAce.
Jun 8th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Who will we be doing the winner's interview with? I just won RG :lol: doubt it would be cool interviewing myself... I could either interview the doubles winners or Stadia since he won clay series, but again it might be a bit awkward since they beat me in the final :sad: Not sure if I should do this interview at all...

I can still do another article though... If you had anything in mind let me know, if not I can try and come up with something :)

yeah, we can try and think of something new. :)

Justin SW
Jun 9th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I can do something if you want.

Stadia
Jun 9th, 2010, 11:01 AM

Want to exchange slots? :) I was supposed to do a new article :lol:

Poiree
Jun 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Want to exchange slots? :) I was supposed to do a new article :lol:

sure :) did you have any ideas about it or shall I come up with something?

Stadia
Jun 9th, 2010, 12:18 PM
sure :) did you have any ideas about it or shall I come up with something?

You can come up with your own :p I had many ideas, but I just can't put it on paper :lol:

Poiree
Jun 9th, 2010, 01:00 PM
You can come up with your own :p I had many ideas, but I just can't put it on paper :lol:

oki ;) will come up with something and try to finish in a week or two if that is ok :)