PDA

View Full Version : Dubai RD2 WWW: Venus vs. Lisicki?

hankqq
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM
:scared: :sobbing:
this is certainly one of the most interesting early round matches this week. Venus is the defending champion and hasn't played since her AO QF choke against Li. Lisicki thumped Chan in the 1st rd here, but lost in 3 sets to Tanasugarn in Pattaya last week.

These 2 have met just once-in Charleston last year with Sabine winning 6-4 7-6 (5) en route to her first title.

so who will win?

Stamp Paid
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Whats up with Venus and these draws lately? :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Lisicki on hardcourts = bye

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Venus in 3... 3/6 6/2 6/3 :bounce:;)

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Sabine :worship: ....Venus is a "has been" and Sabine is a star in the making but even now, Sabine should advance. Sabine in 3

Olórin
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Sabine :worship: ....Venus is a "has been" and Sabine is a star in the making but even now, Sabine should advance. Sabine in 3

Venus is a champion, more precisely the defending-champion. Compare her to the players in your signature who are a useless nobodies, if you are unsure as to what a champion is.

Anyway, Venus in whatever.

Craigy
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Never know what to expect with Sabine but she'll have to play a lot better than she has lately to have any chance of winning.

Feyd
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Someone in three after a 3 hour ¬100 UEfest.

Luinir
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Venus should win easily straight sets.

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Venus is a champion, more precisely the defending-champion. Compare her to the players in your signature who are a useless nobodies, if you are unsure as to what a champion is.

Well that is really offensive to make fun of my players but they are all teenagers so believe me they have to make their way up first and, I'd have Ivanovic, Lisicki, Li, Zheng, and Keothavong if I could. Its not my fault the moderators never answer my messages on asking how to make a good signature. And I know Venus is a champion but she is a past Champion. I doubt she'll ever make another GS semi finnl. Probably not WImbledon.

Uranium
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Well that is really offensive to make fun of my players but they are all teenagers so believe me they have to make their way up first and, I'd have Ivanovic, Lisicki, Li, Zheng, and Keothavong if I could. Its not my fault the moderators never answer my messages on asking how to make a good signature. And I know Venus is a champion but she is a past Champion. I doubt she'll ever make another GS semi finnl. Probably not WImbledon.

You can dish it, but can't take it.:o

Olórin
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:03 PM

As I said, they are all useless nobodies. Venus is a top-10 player.

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:03 PM
You can dish it, but can't take it.:o

okay well i don't get what's so wrong with being a fan of Sabine and wanting her to beat Venus :shrug:

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:04 PM
As I said, they are all useless nobodies. Venus is a top-10 player.

Well I am not even comparing them to Venus so why are you bringing them into this when I'm just talking about Sabine? :rolleyes:

Uranium
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:06 PM
okay well i don't get what's so wrong with being a fan of Sabine and wanting her to beat Venus :shrug:

That's not the problem. It's everything else you have said.

Olórin
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Well I am not even comparing them to Venus so why are you bringing them into this when I'm just talking about Sabine? :rolleyes:

Im just curious as to your perception of what a "good player" is. In my book Sabine is still unproven - you are welcome to be confident that she will win, but to act like Venus is a has-been with no game anymore just adds to your ridiculousness.

crazillo
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Lisicki in fact has never lost to a top 10 player in straight sets, so I'm going with Venus in 3 tough sets...

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Im just curious as to your perception of what a "good player" is. In my book Sabine is still unproven - you are welcome to be confident that she will win, but to act like Venus is a has-been with no game anymore just adds to your ridiculousness.

Sabine beat Venus last year, Bartoli, Wozniacki twice, and Kuznetsova! And I never said Venus has no game anymore, I jut said she isn't as good....at least not according to her recent results

SoClose
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Sabine beat Venus last year, Bartoli, Wozniacki twice, and Kuznetsova! And I never said Venus has no game anymore, I jut said she isn't as good....at least not according to her recent results

Recent results????? THe results Venus had in 2009 are better than Sabine's career results and all the other girls from your signature results toghether :D:D:D:D:D

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Recent results????? THe results Venus had in 2009 are better than Sabine's career results and all the other girls from your signature results toghether :D:D:D:D:D

Stop bringing the girls in my signature into this! They are all teenagers...Venus is like what 30? and we'll just see who is better now tuesday ;)

SoClose
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Stop bringing the girls in my signature into this! They are all teenagers...Venus is like what 30? and we'll just see who is better now tuesday ;)

Well, I am sure Venus will beat Lisicki in two sets (6:2;6:4) , but even if she loses she will still be better than Lisicki :D:D and she will ever be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Well, I am sure Venus will beat Lisicki in two sets (6:2;6:4) , but even if she loses she will still be better than Lisicki :D:D and she will ever be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venus Williams 3 years ago might be better but I don't think so now. Plus Sabine is 20...Venus is 30....so obviously Williams had 10 more years on tour to do great stuff

SoClose
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Venus Williams 3 years ago might be better but I don't think so now. Plus Sabine is 20...Venus is 30....so obviously Williams had 10 more years on tour to do great stuff

When even when Venus is 30 years old she still has better results than 20 years old Lisicki ;) wonder wether Lisiscki would have won 7 Singles Grand Slams Tournaments, 12 in doubles, 3 olymplics gold medals, 41 tittles and so on??????? I DOUBT...when lisicki has Venus' success she can be called better than her ;)

crazillo
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:46 PM

Are you like 12? You obviously can't behave and your way of posting "(!!!!!!!!)" is disgusting.
Venus is a true champ, nobody has any doubts about that, we're just expecting a good and competetive match and what are you doing instead? trolling around...

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:52 PM
When even when Venus is 30 years old she still has better results than 20 years old Lisicki ;) wonder wether Lisiscki would have won 7 Singles Grand Slams Tournaments, 12 in doubles, 3 olymplics gold medals, 41 tittles and so on??????? I DOUBT...when lisicki has Venus' success she can be called better than her ;)

say what you want but NEVER under estimate a German!

Slamniacki
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Sabine in 2 :worship:

is1531
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Sabine you can't live off the title at Family Circle last year or your wins against Wozniacki. Sabine, I love you, but it's time to stop chocking and producing. Beat Venus in your next match and perhaps you can turn things around.

Go Wickmayer, Sharapova, Lisicki.

chucktf
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Venus in 2.

The Dawntreader
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:13 PM
If Venus is serving well, then it's a non event. She'll be hitting Lisicki off the court.

Lisicki on hardcourts isn't able to generate great angle or width without the ball sitting up invitingly. It's too much of an issue for her against someone like Venus.

Szavay #1
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:28 PM
sabi in 3 sets :)

VishaalMaria
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:29 PM
say what you want but NEVER under estimate a German!

And say what you want with regards to Venus Williams but no one should EVER under estimate her; and she's shown that in the past but I guess some people will never learn. As long as she continues playing, don't count her out just yet :)

You may be right, Venus may be (considered) a has been but the fact she won an important title last year and reached the finals of Wimbledon and the YEC beating top ten players shows she's far from done. Something other girls would/could only really dream of doing what a "has been" Venus did last year.

As for Sabine, the last time they played I think Venus was leading in both sets and the surface was clay. I seem to remember watching the match thinking Venus looked really uncomfortable sliding. But Sabine definitely deserved to win.

Since the current meeting will be on hardcourts I'd say Venus. Either in two or three.

I'm sure the individuals in your signature and Sabine will have a successful career. You should concentrate on them.

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
And say what you want with regards to Venus Williams but no one should EVER under estimate her; and she's shown that in the past but I guess some people will never learn. As long as she continues playing, don't count her out just yet :)

You may be right, Venus may be (considered) a has been but the fact she won an important title last year and reached the finals of Wimbledon and the YEC beating top ten players shows she's far from done. Something other girls would/could only really dream of doing what a "has been" Venus did last year.

As for Sabine, the last time they played I think Venus was leading in both sets and the surface was clay. I seem to remember watching the match thinking Venus looked really uncomfortable sliding. But Sabine definitely deserved to win.

Since the current meeting will be on hardcourts I'd say Venus. Either in two or three.

I'm sure the individuals in your signature and Sabine will have a successful career. You should concentrate on them.
Okay that is true and of course I am concentrating on them ;) . But Sabine is playing Venus next.

VishaalMaria
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Well then there is no problem then.

vw.
Feb 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Everytime the haters have expected Venus to lose, Venus has trounced. It's the unknown's Venus has never played before that turn out to be the trouble matches. (minus AO this year lol)
Venus in 2, 6-3, 6-2.

-NAJ-
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Sabine in 2:unsure:

Farrow
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Hopefully will be a really interesting match. I think some are too quick to count Venus out, but we'll see ... I'll pick her in 3, but think it'll be close.

Matt01
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Everytime the haters have expected Venus to lose, Venus has trounced.

Most of the times I expected Venus to lose, she actually lost (sometimes even clearer than I expected :tape:). This time I don't expect her to lose.

Ferg
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:04 PM
This could be either a great game or a truly shocking game, seeing on how both players arent what you'd call consistent.

Caillou
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Most of the times I expected Venus to lose, she actually lost (sometimes even clearer than I expected :tape:). This time I don't expect her to lose.

Wohoo! Thanks matt, and with your prophetic words I can sleep peacefully tonight.

For real though, I am expecting Venus in straight sets. I want to see a good match from both, but I care more about Venus playing a nice, clean match. It would be nice to see after that tragic AO quarterfinal.

Pasta-Na
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:19 AM
hopefully venus in 2. :p

friendsita
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I don't have a ggod feeling bout this... still V in 2.

GracefulVenus
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:41 AM

How dare you :fiery:

U Tell'm :yeah:

Roookie
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Venus in 2..Sabine will self-destruct as usual.

Morisicki
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:20 AM
How dare you :fiery:

U Tell'm :yeah:

I do not hate venus :( in fact i prefer her to serena plus she is an american :D and by saying "has been" i just meant that she isn't at as high a level as she used to be and that i think she won't win another gs but u never know. Anyways I just really like Sabine and wish her the best

Huntress55
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:48 AM
C'mon Sabine :D

Rafito.
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Hopefully Sabine.

gmokb
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Can't bet against my gal, Venus in 2 tight sets. She better not prove me wrong:mad:

Nikkiri
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:15 AM
I think Sabine has a great chance, probably in 3 sets.

DefyingGravity
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Venus...

Sabine hasn't gotten her act together this season.

I love both ladies (Venus is a part of my screen name)...I just hope they give each other a great match. I'll be a little ticked though if Venus doesn't defend her title...and by a little, I mean a lot.

Inger67
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:22 AM
^^ Amen.

She NEEDS to win this title. I think it will help out her confidence to get her back to back titles like she did last year, assuming she takes care of business in Acapulco.

ZODIAC
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:19 AM
this is an outright win for Queen Vee,revenge match baby!!!

klever58
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:21 AM
something like 61 67 60 for Vee