PDA

View Full Version : How do you eat a kiwi?

Boreas
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM
:happy: So random

OK, there are many ways and it just depends on how much do you like to complicate:p

I noticed that some people think I'm some sort of a weirdo cause I eat it all, like an apple, including the hairy skin, rather than using other, time consuming methods.

How about you?:lol:

tennismaster8820
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I slice it in 4 halfs and then eat it like watermelon.
I thought everyone eats it like that, :eek: first time I hear that someone eats hairy skin! :speakles:

Boreas
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM
There are people eating it with a spoon! Now that's messed up:p

FrOzon
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:24 PM
:happy: So random

OK, there are many ways and it just depends on how much do you like to complicate:p

I noticed that some people think I'm some sort of a weirdo cause I eat it all, like an apple, including the hairy skin, rather than using other, time consuming methods.

How about you?:lol:

:bounce: Another one who's eating it like an apple! As the skin is very thin it's no problem at all.

Mynarco
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Cut it in half and scoop it

volta
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM
with my mouth

pancake
Feb 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM

Same here.
But I used to peel it and then cut it into pieces.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Usually I also spoon it out, cut in halves.

gumoll
Feb 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM

I do the same

northern lad
Feb 14th, 2010, 03:29 PM
i swear to god, until i read the 2nd post i thought you were talking about this kind of kiwi:

http://buildyourownbirdhouseplans.com/images/Kiwi2.jpg

:speakles: :smash:

ViennaCalling
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:21 PM

Me aswell :lol:

I didn´t know that some people eat it like an apple :tape: :p

The Crow
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM
i swear to god, until i read the 2nd post i thought you were talking about this kind of kiwi:

That looks like a yummi bird :lick:

ce
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM
peel it and then cut it into pieces
people eat it like an apple :scared:

Blu€
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Eating the hairy skin ewwwww:scared:

Vartan
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Peel it.

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM
one of my favorite fruits! :drool:

i never eat it with the skin. either peel it off or cut the kiwi in half and scoop the fruit with a spoon.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:25 PM

That's what I thought too. :lol:
I was going to say skin the thing and pit roast it with some barbeque sauce. :tape:

svetaisthebest
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I peel it and cut it into pieces as well:p

this is the first time I've heard of people actually eating the skin:eek::scared:

Jovana.
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM
peel it and then cut it :shrug: could never eat it like an apple :lol:

Avid Merrion
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I've only ever seen someone eat the skin of a kiwi once and that was a chick from New Zealand. I figured that she would know the correct procedure to eating one, but I could never eat the skin :scared: Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. Ugh! :tape:

Nina.
Feb 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM

:spit::haha:

Btw, can you eat the Kiwi bird?

ArturoAce.
Feb 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM
half them then scoop it.

i could never eat that skin. it's like eating the fur of the bird :unsure:

FrOzon
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Eating the hairy skin ewwwww:scared:

What about peaches and "hairy skin"? ;)

Daniel K
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Cut it half and scoop as well. I love kiwifruit

FrOzon
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Eating it together with the skin is sometimes easier if you don't have a knife or spoon with you :p

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I've only ever seen someone eat the skin of a kiwi once and that was a chick from New Zealand. I figured that she would know the correct procedure to eating one, but I could never eat the skin :scared: Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. Ugh! :tape:

i love this word. :happy:

but yeah i'm holding one right now and I thought i'd try it with the skin just this once. got the heebeegeebees as I attempted to sink my teeth into it. :scared:

gentenaire
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:25 PM
spoon

ivanban
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:09 PM

well, peaches have like one-day-old beard......kiwis have like ZZ-top beard :scared:

WowWow
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:50 AM
peel/ cut or just bite(but always peeled) :lick:

woosey
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:51 AM

that's what nectarines are for - to avoid hairy skin. i don't eat peaches.

LoveFifteen
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:32 AM
The skin tastes great. If you wash it off first, it's completely healthy and very nutritious. Try it! (Don't eat the two end pieces though, of course.)

Pasta-Na
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:33 AM
The skin tastes great. If you wash it off first, it's completely healthy and very nutritious. Try it! (Don't eat the two end pieces though, of course.)

fruit or people? :scared:

LoveFifteen
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:36 AM
You don't have to eat it like an apple to eat the skin. Just wash it well under some water, then slice it into circular pieces. The skin has a great tart flavor. It's actually very good. I never at the skin until I went to Germany, where a lot of people ate the skin. It's very nutritious and it's not hair, anyway. It's all mental anyway, considering most of you creeped out by the skin would probably eat a hotdog without a second thought, despite its less-than-savory contents.

FrOzon
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:04 AM
You don't have to eat it like an apple to eat the skin. Just wash it well under some water, then slice it into circular pieces. The skin has a great tart flavor. It's actually very good. I never at the skin until I went to Germany, where a lot of people ate the skin. It's very nutritious and it's not hair, anyway. It's all mental anyway, considering most of you creeped out by the skin would probably eat a hotdog without a second thought, despite its less-than-savory contents.

:yeah:

Funny you mentioned Germany as I hardly know anyone sharing my habit. :lol:

gc-spurs
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Ew eating that hairy stuff is like licking a hobos face!! Scoop with spoon or pick the sliced pieces out of the dessert.

GracefulVenus
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I think I'll try the hairy skin next time I make fruit pizza.

Boreas
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:14 PM
As a kid I used to peel the skin off but then I saw my cousin eating it all. I tried and never went back to peeling, the taste was great(the skin neutralizes kiwi's acidity) and you don't feel the hair anyway. It's also quick and you don't need those unneccessary knives or in case of you guys a spoon:p

Kworb
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Cut in half and spoon it.

Rui.
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:31 PM
As a kid I used to peel the skin off but then I saw my cousin eating it all. I tried and never went back to peeling, the taste was great(the skin neutralizes kiwi's acidity) and you don't feel the hair anyway. It's also quick and you don't need those unneccessary knives or in case of you guys a spoon:p

Do you eat the orange's skin too? Cause i know someone who does :haha:

Anyway i peel the skin off...

LoveFifteen
Feb 15th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Wow, eating the orange rind ... I wonder why your friend does that. They don't taste good. Kiwi skin, on the other hand, is divine! :hearts:

Adrian.
Feb 16th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Do you eat the orange's skin too? Cause i know someone who does :haha:

Anyway i peel the skin off...

:haha::haha::haha:

I eat it with a spoon:p

miss_molik
Feb 16th, 2010, 11:42 PM
That's so weird so many people eat the skin, i'll have to try it.

I cut it in half and spoon it out, or if it's going in a fruit salad or something i'll peel it then cut it up.

Btw, you should have said kiwi-fruit in the title, i never just call it a "kiwi". sounds weird :P

égalité
Feb 17th, 2010, 12:18 AM
There are people eating it with a spoon! Now that's messed up:p

that's what I do :hearts:

i would never ever eat a grapefruit with a spoon, though, and so many people do that :help:

Kart
Feb 17th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I'd peel it and then slice it.

Not that I've had a kiwi fruit for years.

McPie
Feb 17th, 2010, 01:47 AM
cut half, then spoon it :happy:

Andiyan
Feb 17th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I don't. Kiwis are gross.

^bibi^
Feb 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
This sounds like a thread Kart would start :p

(oh, and cut inb halves then with a spoon...)

GrandMartha
Feb 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM

Never heard or known someone from Germany who eats kiwi skin :tape:
The most common way to eat a kiwi in Germany, I would say, is to slice it into two halves and eat with a spoon :shrug:

Nina.
Feb 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Never heard or known someone from Germany who eats kiwi skin :tape:
The most common way to eat a kiwi in Germany, I would say, is to slice it into two halves and eat with a spoon :shrug:

This :shrug:

Sombrerero loco
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:33 PM
with a spoon, as if it was a yoghourt

PlayByPlay
Feb 19th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Cut in to halves and eat the juicy parts.

Harvs
Feb 19th, 2010, 02:22 AM
eat it all... the skins the best bit. i used to think it was disgusting for people to eat it, then i tried it.