PDA

View Full Version : Flipper Fans Chat Thread!

hellas719
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Bonjour! :wavey:
Now that Kirsten's fanbase is growing, I think we need a chat thread for us fans to discuss things other than Kirsten, like other tennis results, other sports, music, travel, cooking, ...

Let's start by introducing ourselves :D

I'm Andrew. I'm Greek but I live in New York right now. Tennis is my favorite sport. My favorite tennis players are all in my signature :p. On the ATP tour, I don't really like a lot of players aside from Baghdatis and Djokovic. Basketball is my second favorite sport, and football (soccer) is my third :)

And you guys?

hellas719
Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
No one wants to chat :awww:

Booh
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
:) That's not quite true, posting here has been written on a sticky note posted somewhere in my brain, but inevitable, it got covered by some other stuff. I have just been very busy over the last few weeks, forgive me.

My name is Marie-Paule, but you're welcome to continue calling me Booh - there's less typing involved ;) I hail from Scotland, but I currently live in Birmingham, England.

Favourite sports to watch: rugby and tennis, mainly, I don't have time for much else. Tennis is really my favourite subject and has been since I was very young. Outside of that I like to climb and surf. Food is my other favourite subject. I write for a living. Animals make me happy and rain makes me grumpy; under those circumstances, cake is the only solution :D

Dorien.
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
You know me already Andrew :p

hellas719
Mar 23rd, 2010, 05:20 AM
Hi guys! :wavey:
What's new? :p

Dorien.
Mar 23rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Not much, working days for me like always during weekdays ;)

Booh
Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
A tough day at the office, unfortunately. It was about as much fun as Flippers score line...

hellas719
Mar 24th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Are you guys excited for the World Cup? :p
Well, I know Dorien probably didn't since BEL didn't qualify :sad::hug:

Dorien.
Mar 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
No indeed, and i don't like soccer that much...

Booh
Mar 24th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Me either....

hellas719
Mar 25th, 2010, 04:34 AM
What other sports do you guys follow? How about basketball?

sunsets21
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Heya, just thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Diana and I just recently became Flipper's fan. I'm a huge Sam Stosur fan and I'm also a fan of Amelie and Sveta. Jo is my favourite ATP player but to be honest I don't watch ATP matches much. I'm a football fanatic so I'm looking forward to the World Cup. Not looking forward to waking up at 2 am to watch the matches though :lol:. Other than that, I love watching and playing rugby and handball. Amazing sports.

Do you watch the English Premier League or the Champions League, Andrew?

hellas719
Mar 26th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Diana :wavey:

I watch international matches (qualies for WC and EC, friendlies, WC and EC, sometimes Copa America), Greek Super League, and occasionally the Champions League ;)
How about you?

sunsets21
Mar 26th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Mostly English Premier League but also the Champions League if Arsenal is playing or if it's the finals. I also like watching the Spanish League once in awhile (love Barcelona, hate Real Madrid). Too bad my team Arsenal is probably going to lose to Barcelona in the Champions League clash next week :sad:.

hellas719
Mar 27th, 2010, 06:09 AM
My team, Olympiakos lost in the Champions League R16 to Bordeaux :o
But at least we made it to R16 :shrug:

sunsets21
Mar 27th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I remember. I saw the second leg match against Bordeaux and I thought you guys had a chance when your team scored their first goal. It's a shame because I wanted Olympiakos to go through as well. But hey, Chelsea when out as well if it makes you feel better :p.

hellas719
Mar 28th, 2010, 06:29 AM
^Random: Chelsea beat us in R16 like two years ago or something :p

hellas719
May 14th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I made this, do you guys like it? :)
http://fykonstantinoseconomidis.tumblr.com/

Dorien.
May 14th, 2010, 08:53 AM
i don't know the player, but it looks good ;)

Booh
May 15th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Like it. Are you going to add any text? I don't know anything about him.

hellas719
May 16th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I'm trying to improve it ;)
He never cracked the top 100 :awww:
But everyone says that he is the friendliest player in the history of tennis (seriously), and he is making a comeback now :D

hellas719
Feb 27th, 2011, 04:27 AM
What's new? :p