PDA

View Full Version : We Are The World 2.0 - Official Video

jefrilibra
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:34 AM
All I have to say is that Im extremely glad it's for a good cause.

Other than that ... no comment. PINK's part was great though.

And Michael Jackson made a cameo too.

So did Lil Wayne's autotune!

And guess who opens the song???:rolls:

Glny4jSciVI

Haute
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Barbra, Burt Bacharah, Mary J. Blige, Wyclef, Lionel Richie, Celine...and Justin Bieber and Miley? Seriously? For once Kanye can say he wasn't the biggest douche bag in the room.

J-Hud looks gorgeous :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I REALLY wanted to like this...but... :unsure: . I thought BABS part was the best ;)

Hopefully it'll still somehow make allot of much needed $$ for Haiti :bounce:

jefrilibra
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:52 AM
My buddy on another board said this ...

I was done when they had the climax of the songs and there was three rappers there belting in auto-tune and battling it out like they were Whitney, Mariah and Celine. What have we come to my young people? I can't...

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:57 AM
who the hell are most of these people?

Infiniti2001
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:15 AM
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :lol:

darkchild
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:31 AM
What a bunch of low-caliber artists! :rolls:

Sir Stefwhit
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:44 AM
At first I was sad Whitney wasn't going to be a part of it. Then I heard it and now I'm glad she wasn't. Just like others, I too wanted to like it, I actually thought I was going to. This is one of those times where the original shadow is far to wide for the newer version to have it's day in the sun. In order for it to have worked they would have had to work harder in making it less comparable and more contemporary. I hate to say it was an epic FAIL- so I wont....lol

I'll still download the song cuz it's for a great cause- and that's what really matters anyway...

Oneofakind0490
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:54 AM
The rap,autotune, and Fergie really killed it for me. It's alright and maybe it will grow on me.

Sir Stefwhit
Feb 13th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Don't get me starting on the "rap" part... I just figured with so many musical "greats" behind the project it would have been something more than what it was... oh well.

moby
Feb 13th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Oh my. That was BAD. I didn't make it to the end of the song. :tape:

What's with the shrieking and oversinging.

young_gunner913
Feb 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM
dear god what was that pile of bullshit? :tape:

Vaidisova Ruled
Feb 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
What the fuck
This is could have been great, but it's not
I can't believe that they let Lil Wayne and T Pain sing (with auto tune). And the rap/hip Hop part was SO BAD! They wanted to make it "futuristic" but it is crap. The only one who was good was Kanye West. He should have done the rap part alone if they really wanted to make a rap part.
There are others "singers" who ruin this song but I don't even know who they are.

Jennifer Hudson should have replaced all these jokes if they can't get good singers.

But this "We are the world" is interesting. It shows how the music in general is bad right now. Their hip/hop (and autotune) shit is garbage.

I'm not buying this and I'm not even downloading this for free

wateva
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:20 AM
i knew it was a bad omen when some unknown youtube kid opens the song. the disaster was confirmed when the rappers started 'singing' with their robotic voices and climaxing in a meaningless rap. :o

Slutiana
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Forget about all the failures you guys have highlighted for a sec, WTF was Wyclef doing? :help::help::help:

I have and will donate in other ways. :lol:

Vaidisova Ruled
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Forget about all the failures you guys have highlighted for a sec, WTF was Wyclef doing? :help::help::help:

I have and will donate in other ways. :lol:
Wyclef was the one who was doing the weird yodel?

Kart
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Pink sucks as usual.

Celine :hearts:. Surprised she could tear herself away from all he $$$ in Vegas. She must really care :tape:.

Kart
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I forgot to say that they should have just re-released the original.

BartoliBabes
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Srsly this autotune business has got to stop... D.O.A.

Human Nature
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Crap crap

Why ? they killed my baby song , the most powerful charity song has been crushed .

The Rap part , the otoctune ...wtf !!?

Noting BETTER than the original with true artits including the most talented one of the last 30 years .

mckyle.
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I saddens me that RedOne attached his name to this.

Svetlana)))
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Jhud, Celine, Pink, Barbra were amazing. OTOH, who was that animalistic guy who killed it. And Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus? Seriously...

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I forgot to say that they should have just re-released the original.

:bowdown:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzw6GiqZyD0&feature=related << The Original :worship:

My fave part is from 2:40-3:07 . MJ, Huey, Kim Carnes and Cyndi Lauper ( w/ her True Colors hair ) :hearts:

Kart
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah Cyndi at her best. I like the bits Bruce Springsteen bits, he always makes me laugh.

Diana Ross waving her arms like a lunatic with Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson always entertains me ;).

olivero
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM
:rolls:
Why today's music industry has to ruin everything great music has produced throught the years?
The rap part was probably the worst but then again those guys usually can't sing (Akon:lol:) so they had do something for them
and putting Enrique, Miley and other so called singers is just too much :tape:

who's the kid that opens this song?

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM
^^^ Justine Bieber. A Canadian boy who rose to fame as a Youtube singer, sort of.:shrug:

Well, it's WE are the world.:shrug: They should either make a new song or else they would get compared to the original and like what Simon Cowell would say, that was utterly atrocious.:o

Too bad none of my top 3 fave singers was in there. :cheer:

Brooklyn90
Feb 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Babs, Natalie, Celine killed it as usual :yeah: But Justin Bieber, Nick Jonas, Miley Cyrus and all the rappers ruined it for me! How can you put these divas next to low class pop and rap stars!!!

Milito22
Feb 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Enrique Iglesias :timebomb:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 13th, 2010, 08:38 PM
After reading the comments here, I expected total crap.

I think you guys are a bit overcritical of this. It is quite obvious the goal was to get to a younger audience (hence Justin and Miley, autotune, etc), as the 30-60 age group has probably already been highly generous for Haiti.

This is they type of music that works right now. Honestly, if you guys wanted a second version of the first one, well just go listen to the first one. This was made to be actualized, it probably loses some of it, but they did a decent job at it.

truebluefan
Feb 13th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I remember the first video.

I had just purchased my first VCR that night. Friday nigh videos was on that night. I set the vcr to tape it and went to bed.

Got up Saturday morning, and watched it.

Infiniti2001
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I think we are spoiled after the first one and really expected better. I mean , the thought was good, but I'm just not feeling it. I remember getting goose bumps when the first one was released in '85 :eek: Why couldn't they come up with something new? :sob:

jzw6GiqZyD0

Roookie
Feb 13th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I didn't recognize half the people in that video. Wyclef WTF? :tape: Miley :spit:...the rapping :help:...autotune :rolleyes:

FAIL!!!!!!!!

winone23
Feb 13th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I saw it last night........ :spit::unsure::drink::haha::scared::ignore::bolt:

moon
Feb 13th, 2010, 11:57 PM

I think you guys are a bit overcritical of this. It is quite obvious the goal was to get to a younger audience (hence Justin and Miley, autotune, etc), as the 30-60 age group has probably already been highly generous for Haiti.

This is they type of music that works right now. Honestly, if you guys wanted a second version of the first one, well just go listen to the first one. This was made to be actualized, it probably loses some of it, but they did a decent job at it.

agree.
but i also think it is a commentary about what is "in" in music these days.
not as good as the original, but the musicians from back then were much better.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I think we are spoiled after the first one and really expected better. I mean , the thought was good, but I'm just not feeling it. I remember getting goose bumps when the first one was released in '85 :eek: Why couldn't they come up with something new? :sob:

jzw6GiqZyD0

^^ UNTOUCHABLE :worship:

harloo
Feb 14th, 2010, 12:07 AM
DEAD @ T Pain, Akon, and Lil Wayne having a auto tune battle. Horrible.

Pink sucked, the rapping was out of place, and Wyclef needs to sit all the way down with that horrible chanting. Miley Cyrus?Justin Bieber? SMH @ what music has become. Lionel Ritchie should really be embarrassed. I just don't understand how he fucked up such a classic.:lol:

Kart
Feb 14th, 2010, 12:14 AM
but i also think it is a commentary about what is "in" in music these days.
not as good as the original, but the musicians from back then were much better.

Exactly.

I didn't really mind the rap bit. There are some artists that can't sing but wanted to contribute - that's fine with me.

What irritates me is how mediocre the majority of artists in this new video are and how it's become more an opportunity for any Z-list celebrity to just jump on a bandwagon (this is my opinion on a lot of charity remakes of recent years.)

Looking through the old version, I recognise many of the artists - even though I wasn't even ten years old when it came out. That's probably because most of them had illustrious careers. I barely recognise a handful in the new version and will probably recognise even less in years to come.

On a side note, Jennifer Hudson is beautiful.

doni1212
Feb 14th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Horrible. Period.

ArturoAce.
Feb 14th, 2010, 12:54 AM
What a downgrade. :tape:

young_gunner913
Feb 14th, 2010, 12:59 AM

obviously it doesnt if everyone hates it. this sounds like a musical abortion.

Daniel K
Feb 14th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Wyclef Jean's goat mating call noise and the autotune really ruined it. Not cool.

moby
Feb 14th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I'm guessing Miley and that Bieber kid were there because someone took the "We are the children" line too literally. :tape:

You can't open a song with Bieber and expect it to be good.

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I didn't recognize half the people in that video. Wyclef WTF? :tape: Miley :spit:...the rapping :help:...autotune :rolleyes:

FAIL!!!!!!!!

I hear ya :lol: Meanwhile, I can name every single artist who sang in the original video :eek:

jefrilibra
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:05 AM
After reading all your comments, can we now say ...

We Are The Crap?:tape:

Uranium
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:09 AM
The rap ruins it for me. And I hate whatever they did to Lil Wayne and other's voices.
Jennifer Hudson, Pink and Celine though:worship:

plantman
Feb 14th, 2010, 03:24 AM

FAIL!!!!!!!!

My thoughts as well!

Renalicious
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hot mess. :tape:

Celine, JHud, Enrique and Usher did good...the rest was :tape: :tape: So really questionable choices with the leads. :sobbing: I mean...I understand Wyclef is from Haiti but his part is WTF. :hysteric:

Renalicious
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Babs did good too. :hearts:

And Nicole Scherzinger :tape: I mean...just...wtf? :spit:

Renalicious
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM

jzw6GiqZyD0

LOL God Bless Bruce Springsteen.

gmak
Feb 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM
OMG :help: :o
apart from Dion, Streisand and Pink this is just horrible :rolleyes:

from MJ, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen and Diana Ross in 1985 to Akon, T-Pain, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and other people i don't even know *sigh*

Justin
Feb 14th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Fergie-Ferg. I love her long-time. :bowdown:

brickhousesupporter
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
The entire video is an epic fail.

Wigglytuff
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:55 AM
this video is CRAP!!!! it sucks butt!

miss_molik
Feb 15th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Interesting. If only pink had known how it would end up before she put her name to it, her part was awesome, so was celine's, barbara, jennifer hudson and that's about it.

Miley, Lil Wayne and Wyclef WTF :help:

Infiniti2001
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:21 AM
I'm not even a fan of Gospel music, but I think this video trumps We are the world part deux

UKARlyqfa2Y

woosey
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:44 AM
:sobbing:

poor haiti.

this will not help.

Tennisation
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Those poor Haiti kids, I believe this is the aftershock they were predicting :sobbing:

mc8114
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Good cause, terrible remake :sobbing:

Renalicious
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Pink did not do good. :o I don't know what some people are on about. :shrug: I just dislike Pink's voice in general. :shrug:

watchdogfish
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
This reminds me of the Band Aid remake which was just as bad :lol:

At least it's for a good cause, but why can't they release a new song rather than murder the original?

HippityHop
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM
First of all it's a good song (for that genre) and it's hard to completely destroy a good song.

The rap was almost understandable.

Autotune? :unsure:

However as someone said, "You can't go home again."