PDA

View Full Version : Caro:If I wouldn't have made so many matches, my ranking wouldn't be as high as it is

NA-GOAT
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Caro gives new interview ahead of being top seed in Dubai :eek:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jrPErhhZ9cFOnY9K8AmCMZIFTc4w

hellas719
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Well, it's not like she's lying :shrug:

Caralenko
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:56 AM
... Well known facts warrant a thread now? :lol:

miffedmax
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:16 AM
So Caro has a good strategy that's working for her.

slamchamp
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I hate watching her play it's always the same..although I really like the girl

Tennisstar86
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Does anyone else think its funny that both she and her identical twin (taylor swift) while both sweet girls got to the "top" in their respective industries at the same time, even though neither is really that great at what they do.......

Monzanator
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:28 AM
She's honest at least and that's worth a notice in all the PR :bs: going on in professional sports.

Rafito.
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Keep playing matches Caro! You can get to number 1 :cheer:

Tennisstar86
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Poor analogy.

Taylor Swift wrote her entire first album and it received the Grammy for Album of The Year. Taylor is at the top of her profession. Caroline hasn't yet won the top tournaments in tennis.

It wasnt her first album... and yes Taylor does write her music; however, her voice is horrible live (aka not in the studio where they can tweek it) And the point was they look identical... and Taylor is ranked #3 as one of the top players and is seeded #1 for two premier tournaments in a row on just decent talent....

Donny
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Poor analogy.

Taylor Swift wrote her entire first album and it received the Grammy for Album of The Year. Taylor is at the top of her profession. Caroline hasn't yet won the top tournaments in tennis.

She was listed second in both writing and production credits for most of her songs.

Vartan
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:40 AM
That's why Taylor broke her Grammy, because she obviously deserved it over Gaga!

dabossK
Feb 13th, 2010, 06:21 AM
That's why Taylor broke her Grammy, because she obviously deserved it over Gaga!

Siooo true. Taylor sucks!!!

spiritedenergy
Feb 13th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Does anyone else think its funny that both she and her identical twin (taylor swift) while both sweet girls got to the "top" in their respective industries at the same time, even though neither is really that great at what they do.......

:tape:

Привет
Feb 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM
So she isn't deluded. Good for her.

Привет
Feb 13th, 2010, 08:17 AM

Personally, I find it funnier that you're making comparisons between a tennis player and a country pop star, but each to their own I guess. :lol:

Vaidisova Ruled
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Taylor Swift is not that bad. Go and listen to TPain and Lil Wayne (We are the world 2). Taylor is god compared to them. And Taylor doesn't use auto-tune. Taylor has written and composed all her songs alone or with another person.

Caro, knows what to do to be number 3 in the world.She is a good opportunist. Nothing wrong with that. She knows that she is better at pushing than at ballbashing.

I understand that people don't like them because maybe they don't like country music or pushers. But it's not like they didn't deserve what they achieved. Why radwanska didn't make a slam final? And why Carrie Underwood is now selling less than Taylor Swift?

Raiden
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:44 AM
And Taylor doesn't use auto-tune.Rubbish.

Check her live performances - Taylor is a good songwriter but she can't sing at all. That was finally exposed to a wider audience at the Grammy awards when she screeched her way from blunder to blunder at that disastrous duet with Stevie Nicks. In other words her record-voice is fake and polished (autotune is just one of the may ways a voice is manipulated in the music industry)

Taylor has written and composed all her songs alone or with another person.That makes her a good songwriter. But she still can't sing.

And why Carrie Underwood is now selling less than Taylor Swift?Carrie Underwood never got "Swifted" by Kanye, so she doesn't have free "sympathy votes".

People buy Carrie's CD and give her awards for her talent only... unlike Taylor "keep-feeling-sorry-for-me" Swift

Szavay #1
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
go caro! :cheer:

Raiden
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Caro:If I wouldn't have made so many matches, my ranking wouldn't be as high as it isThere are a few other players for whom that is also the case.

Vaidisova Ruled
Feb 13th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Rubbish.

Check her live performances - Taylor is a good songwriter but she can't sing at all. That was finally exposed to a wider audience at the Grammy awards when she screeched her way from blunder to blunder at that disastrous duet with Stevie Nicks. In other words her record-voice is fake and polished (autotune is just one of the may ways a voice is manipulated in the music industry)
Yeah, most of her performances are not good. But (shame on me), I have on my iphone a live cover of "Take a bow" (rihanna) by Taylor, and I think that it was a pretty good job and I secretly enjoy it :tape: So I don't think that her voice is manipulated

Carrie Underwood never got "Swifted" by Kanye, so she doesn't have free "sympathy votes".

People buy Carrie's CD and give her awards for her talent only... unlike Taylor "keep-feeling-sorry-for-me" Swift
Taylor Swift was selling like crazy WAY before the VMA09. Kanye didn't change anything in the sales department. However I think that she got lots of awards thanks to him (album of the year at the grammys and entertainer of the year)

And now Carrie is not that huge. I think that with 2 albums, Taylor sold more than Carrie with 3.:shrug:
However, Carrie has a huge talent (what she did at the superbowl was really great)

Chrissie-fan
Feb 13th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Comparing athletes to singers is a bit silly. An athlete has her success in her own hands. Whether people like you or not doesn't matter - if you win you win, period. A singer's popularity on the other hand is completely in the hands of the public. You can be a musical genius and barely make ends meet while at the same time someone else might make millions simply because they look cute or have the right image.

Raiden
Feb 13th, 2010, 11:40 AM
A singer's popularity on the other hand is completely in the hands of the public. You can be a musical genius and barely make ends meet while at the same time someone else might make millions simply because they look cute or have the right image.If the average female tennis player would have the same image as most other female athletes, like volleyball players for example (not counting the Ausssie team or beach-volley ;)) do you think that the WTA would have made even half the money that it is making now?

Mistress of Evil
Feb 13th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Caro is honest at least:cheer:

Chrissie-fan
Feb 13th, 2010, 12:12 PM
If the average female tennis player would have the same image as most other female athletes, like volleyball players for example (not counting the Ausssie team or beach-volley ;)) do you think that the WTA would have made even half the money that it is making now?
Maybe not, but that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make.;)

What I'm saying is that in sports whoever makes the most points, scores the most goals or crosses the finishing line first is the winner. Even if the public doesn't like that athlete, they can't change the fact that he or she has won. In music you can be great, but if you're fat and ugly and you have a pimple on your nose you definitely have a disadvantage compared to the pole dancing cutie on MTV who may be nowhere near as talented in a strictly musical sense.

LoLex
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Henin, who has been through the agony of a failing body too often before (...)

:o Oh Justine.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 13th, 2010, 01:52 PM
However, Carrie has a huge talent (what she did at the superbowl was really great)

Did we hear the same thing.....some notes in that performance were horrid.....Check the last note that she tried to hit and sang all around it.

toxina90
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:43 PM

God that Swift annoys me. I really wanted to like her too, then discovered all her songs sound the same :mad:

tennnisfannn
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:51 PM
What is even more remarkable is they both have reliable haters- Taylor has Kanye West and Caro has Tennisforum.:lol: Kanye claiming that peak Taylor has nothing on peak Beyonce, well we got a list of peak players too that peak Caro will never be better than.

Slutiana
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Keep playing matches Caro! You can get to number 1 :cheer:
:tape:
Taylor Swift is not that bad. Go and listen to TPain and Lil Wayne (We are the world 2). Taylor is god compared to them. And Taylor doesn't use auto-tune. Taylor has written and composed all her songs alone or with another person.

Caro, knows what to do to be number 3 in the world.She is a good opportunist. Nothing wrong with that. She knows that she is better at pushing than at ballbashing.

I understand that people don't like them because maybe they don't like country music or pushers. But it's not like they didn't deserve what they achieved. Why radwanska didn't make a slam final? And why Carrie Underwood is now selling less than Taylor Swift?
She may not use autotune but her voice still gets huge amounts of touching up in her songs. :shrug:

Rolling-Thunder
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Agreed. Caro's seems nice but her game is unimpressive. Swift is the perfect product promoted by the music industry. Unimpressive, too sweet and too constant in feigning like she is so surprised at receiving another staged award which is undeserved. I don't think the girl can sing. But how many fit that category?

DontGetItTwisted
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM

STOP! HOLD THE HELL DOWN!!

:spit:

Ok, let's break it down.
Gaga? The same chick who shows her cookie jar to everybody and their mama during a GRAMMY performance? The same chick who barely really sing (sure doesn't SANG) and sure doesn't really dance neitheir? The same chick who gimmicks her way to the top?

Imma need you to go home and don't even bother to try again.

Yorker
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Did we hear the same thing.....some notes in that performance were horrid.....Check the last note that she tried to hit and sang all around it.

The only note she screwed up on was "the" before brave, she at least had the balls to sing it live and it was pretty good. I didn't hear any of these bum notes outside of that one at the end. How did this turn into a country singer thread anyways?

Raiden
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Ok, let's break it down.
Gaga? The same chick who shows her cookie jar to everybody and their mama during a GRAMMY performance? The same chick who barely really sing (sure doesn't SANG) and sure doesn't really dance neitheir? The same chick who gimmicks her way to the top?

Imma need you to go home and don't even bother to try again.Rubbish.

I'm not even a fan of Gaga but she can at least hold her note live and stay on-pitch (something T-Swift was exposed as being totally incapable of).

And on top of that Gaga can actually play a music instrument like a pro. Check out her sensational custom-piano duet with Elton John

HippityHop
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:42 PM
This devolved from a tennis thread to a non-tennis thread.

Vartan
Feb 14th, 2010, 01:25 AM

Ok, let's break it down.

:lol: :help:

Slutati
Feb 14th, 2010, 01:30 AM
You know, I'd buy Caroline's CD.

Midnight_Robber
Feb 14th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Well Caro was honest about her path to the top. But irrespective of what any of us may think of her talent she's a tennis player - not a gymnast, ice-dancer/skater, diver etc. so subjective judgment won't hand her a win.

I expected this thread to be over-run by Swift fans defending her, but the most that I'm hearing is "she's not *that* bad" which is hardly inspiring...:help:

Morisicki
Feb 14th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Taylor Swift is :hearts: Her songs 15 an You belong with me are awesome and why is she being compared to caroline?

Potato
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:17 AM

Ok, let's break it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM
who can't sing again?

you need to go home and try again, my friend. :spit:

kman
Feb 14th, 2010, 07:01 AM
It wasnt her first album... and yes Taylor does write her music; however, her voice is horrible live (aka not in the studio where they can tweek it) And the point was they look identical... and Taylor is ranked #3 as one of the top players and is seeded #1 for two premier tournaments in a row on just decent talent....

lol, go Taylor. Hope she wins Dubai!