PDA

View Full Version : QF Pattaya City: [4]Yari Shvedova def. Tajana Malek 7:6(4) 6:1

GoLdEnSeToV
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Jarka Bravo! It was a difficult match. Yaroslava was tired after the first set. I was afraid of the second set. Fortunately she won. I love her, her screams are cool and fun;) Good luck tomorrow!

The Kaz
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Yari ;)

RND
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Malek's drop shot returns were cool lol. She just needed to learn what;s the right time to use them.

Congrats Yari.

kikiriki
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I love her :hearts:

GoLdEnSeToV
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Malek's drop shot returns were cool lol.

Yes, that was fantastic. I love it. Generaly Malek played good tennis, she has a great potential.

Langers
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I love Shvedov! :hearts: :worship:

She had a great draw and importantly took advantage of it! Gun!

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Tough 1st set for Slava. In truth I was more impressed with how Malek was playing than I was with Slava. Slava is hitting the ball with such power at the moment and she really has developed an ultra aggressive game and when it's working it makes her pretty tough to beat. But sometimes she needs to find that balance between aggressive and wreckless and there were a lot of sloppy errors in that 1st set. Additionally her touch and netplay, usually strengths for her, were simply not there so she really was relying solely on brute power to win this match.

I liked the way Tatjana was playing in the 1st set too. Lots of nice slices, some good aggressive groundies when needed and great retrieving. Her shot selection was very good.

But Slava just kept hitting big and once she had found her range early in the 2nd this looked pretty easy. If Slava can hit that big while keeping the errors to a minimum tomorrow against Vera she will definately have a chance. If she is able to volley better and hit her dropshots better than today that chance will be even greater. Slava does look very confident and she definately is playing like she has a clear idea how she wants to play and clearly if Slava can maintain the big hitting she showed today she is going to be a tough opponent for anyone the year when she is clicking. :)

All the best in the semi Slava, I'm looking forward to it. :rocker:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Malek's drop shot returns were cool lol. She just needed to learn what;s the right time to use them.

Congrats Yari.

Agree. Tatjana did a lot of good things in this match and she can hold her head up high. She is playing well and should have a good year if she can maintain the level she showed today. Slava was just too powerful at the end.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM
:bounce: keep on going Yari ;)
one more win for top 40

bavaria86
Feb 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Tadde:hug:
but congrats to Yari though:yeah:

jimbo mack
Feb 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM
this win completes an intriguing semi-final line up

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
this win completes an intriguing semi-final line up

True. Wonderful line up. Four very likable players there.

kikiriki
Feb 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Tough 1st set for Slava. In truth I was more impressed with how Malek was playing than I was with Slava. Slava is hitting the ball with such power at the moment and she really has developed an ultra aggressive game and when it's working it makes her pretty tough to beat. But sometimes she needs to find that balance between aggressive and wreckless and there were a lot of sloppy errors in that 1st set. Additionally her touch and netplay, usually strengths for her, were simply not there so she really was relying solely on brute power to win this match.

I liked the way Tatjana was playing in the 1st set too. Lots of nice slices, some good aggressive groundies when needed and great retrieving. Her shot selection was very good.

But Slava just kept hitting big and once she had found her range early in the 2nd this looked pretty easy. If Slava can hit that big while keeping the errors to a minimum tomorrow against Vera she will definately have a chance. If she is able to volley better and hit her dropshots better than today that chance will be even greater. Slava does look very confident and she definately is playing like she has a clear idea how she wants to play and clearly if Slava can maintain the big hitting she showed today she is going to be a tough opponent for anyone the year when she is clicking. :)

All the best in the semi Slava, I'm looking forward to it. :rocker: :hearts:

Great analysis. Hoping for a Slava v Sesil final :hearts:

Ferg
Feb 12th, 2010, 03:38 PM
:bigclap:

Sander.
Feb 12th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Tatjana :(

This could happen against Shvedova, hopefully next time Tatjana will win! ;)

FORZA SARITA
Feb 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM
so happy for Yari :) that bh :hearts: