PDA

View Full Version : John Mayer's Racist Playboy Magazine Interview

young_gunner913
Feb 11th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Grammy-winning artist John Mayer is known for delivering explosive interviews, but the sexually and racially charged (and scotch-fueled) statements he makes in a profile in the March issue of Playboy sent shock waves across the Internet today.

This being a family Web site, most of Mayer’s most controversial remarks can’t be published. They were prompted by questions about his past collaborations inside the rap community.

“What is being black?” Mayer pondered. “It’s making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that’s seen as a struggle and making it for you, or you’ll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude’s.”

One specific answer that drew an inflammatory response involved how he reacts when African-American women come on to him.

[From the Playbow Interview] "PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?

MAYER: I don’t think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I’ve got a Benetton heart and a fuckin’ David Duke cock. I’m going to start dating separately from my dick."

Rest of the article: http://www.freep.com/article/20100210/ENT07/100210046/1039/Ent04/John-Mayers-Playboy-interview-shocks-offends

For the Uncut Playbow Article: http://www.playboy.com/articles/john-mayer-playboy-interview/index.html?page=2

I've never liked John Mayer. I think hes talened on the guitar but I thought his music was shitty and he always seemed like a huge douchebag. This just proves that he's not only a douchebag, but a racist douchebag at that. Do the world a favor John and overdose on something fast.

Beefy
Feb 11th, 2010, 08:41 AM
He's just a fucking weedy little ****. Does anyone listen to anything he does now (either what he says or his music)?

kiwifan
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Life is too short to chase people who make lame jokes...that is if you're serious about the struggle against racism. If he's not attracted to black women that's his business...if he said he was against inter-racial dating for everyone, then he deserves a bashing.

young_gunner913
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Life is too short to chase people who make lame jokes...that is if you're serious about the struggle against racism. If he's not attracted to black women that's his business...if he said he was against inter-racial dating for everyone, then he deserves a bashing.

if he's claiming his dick is a white sumpremacist, wouldnt in theory, that make the rest of him white sumpremacist?

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Does he mean his dick is tall and pointy?

http://americanhistory.si.edu/brown/history/1-segregated/images/kkk-robe-l.jpg

I always wondered how he got Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson.

Harvs
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:32 AM
i LOVE his music. but the guys such a dick.

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:34 AM
His music is shit. :shrug: He's irrelevent.

Kworb
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Battle Studies is a great album and the interview is fine. People just like to make something out of nothing.

ampers&
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Boy oh boy is he one huge ****.

BUBI
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM
David Duke cock :haha::weirdo:

Would a racist have benetton heart? I don't think so.
Stupid people are just trying to make story out of nothing.

PLAYBOY: Let’s put some names out there. Let’s get specific.

MAYER: I always thought Holly Robinson Peete was gorgeous. Every white dude loved Hilary from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. And Kerry Washington. She’s superhot, and she’s also white-girl crazy. Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she’d be like, “Yeah, I sucked his dick. Whatever.” And you’d be like, “What? We weren’t talking about that.” That’s what “Heartbreak Warfare” is all about, when a girl uses jealousy as a tactic.

miffedmax
Feb 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM

I tend to agree. Statistically, most people are likely to date within not only their own race, but also their own education and income levels as well. The way he said it was stupid, but he was only expressing something most of us practice to a large extent in our own lives.

Of course, this is a trend that is less prevalent today than it was a in the past, and the number of marriages between people of different backgrounds will probably increase (just as in the US interfaith marriages are hardly even commented on any more).

There are a lot more things out there to worry about than who Mayer does or doesn't want to bang.

Elwin.
Feb 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
wtf :hysteric:

brickhousesupporter
Feb 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I have no problem with him stating his preference, the problem arises when he talks about having a hood pass and he just had to use the n-word.

BUBI
Feb 11th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Definitions of "racist" from the urban dictionary:

the true definition is believing that one race is superior to all other. Hatred without reason of another race.

SADLY today that has changed.
In todays world this is what makes you racist:
Mentioning race in any way
Not being totally politically correct
Supporting your race
Being white
Telling a racist joke
Judging by hair color
Disliking something someone likes
etc.
As you can see this word is grossly over-used and mis-used. It's truly pathetic. I pity the world. The truth is racism is ignorance and is bad. But not everything is racism and not everything has to be about race. Hope you learned something!

darkchild
Feb 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Go back and sing your fucking constipated songs at small venues and get used to it, cause no one is missing you.

GracefulVenus
Feb 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm black and find no offense with this article. So he said he didn't like black girls..........so what.

Ryan
Feb 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I don't think what he said was racist, just pretty rude and stupid. Then again, John Mayer is rude, obnoxious and arrogant. He fits right in with the rest of the music business.

njnetswill
Feb 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I think a lot of the controversy is about the fact that he used the n word in the interview.

Thkmra
Feb 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
....This just in:http://www.mediatakeout.com/38802/video_john_mayer_breaks_down____cries_on_stage____ apologizes_for_using_the_n_word_in_playboy_intervi ew.html

pov
Feb 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
More stupid knee-jerks about"race." What the man said wasn't even nearly racist. African-Americans like to talk about "keepin' real" but as soon as someone does so in a way that they can be misconstrued as maybe, somehow not pandering the cries of racism go up. It's way old. And it's so one-sided. If any well-known Black rapper had done an interview and said "My heart is all Benetton but my dick is all about the dark and lovely" no one would have said squat.

Thkmra
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
More stupid knee-jerks about"race." What the man said wasn't even nearly racist. African-Americans like to talk about "keepin' real" but as soon as someone does so in a way that they can be misconstrued as maybe, somehow not pandering the cries of racism go up. It's way old. And it's so one-sided. If any well-known Black rapper had done an interview and said "My heart is all Benetton but my dick is all about the dark and lovely" no one would have said squat.

I think you're thinking too much into this. Who he likes is his business, however, in his not-so clever attempt to sound..well 'Clever':tape: He sounded ignornat, foolish, and even he has come to realize that even in satire using certain words...are a NO NO!!!:fiery:

Oh and the whole 'Reverse Racism' angle..played out in the 90's.. STOP!!:o

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:41 PM

H could have said his dick is all about he white but he chose to use someone is associated with a hate group organization that has a history of terrorism and violence directed toward African Americans. Surely even you can see the difference.

The fact that David Duke came to his mind when expressing his dating preferences speaks volumes.

kiwifan
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/john_mayer_apologizes_buying_it_T2Hhrvk6uGINv6ESpR 9jzI

Kworb, pov, Bubi; your ignorant rants/posts sure don't help the guy...

...at least he gets "it", someday y'all will too...

...I hope. :o

pokey camp
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Read the interview. That's not all he said:
PLAYBOY: If you didn’t know you, would you think you’re a douche bag?
MAYER: It depends on what I picked up. My two biggest hits are “Your Body Is a Wonderland” and “Daughters.” If you think those songs are pandering, then you’ll think I’m a douche bag. It’s like I come on very strong. I am a very…I’m just very. V-E-R-Y. And if you can’t handle very, then I’m a douche bag. But I think the world needs a little very. That’s why black people love me.
PLAYBOY: Because you’re very?
MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, “What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?” And by the way, it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a ****** pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’"
MAYER: The only man I’ve kissed is Perez Hilton. It was New Year’s Eve and I decided to go out and destroy myself. I was dating Jessica at the time, and I remember seeing Perez Hilton flitting about this club and acting as though he had just invented homosexuality. All of a sudden I thought, I can outgay this guy right now. I grabbed him and gave him the dirtiest, tongue-iest kiss I have ever put on anybody—almost as if I hated fags. I don’t think my mouth was even touching when I was tongue kissing him, that’s how disgusting this kiss was. I’m a little ashamed. I think it lasted about half a minute. I really think it went on too long.

pov
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I think you're thinking too much into this. Who he likes is his business, however, in his not-so clever attempt to sound..well 'Clever':tape: He sounded ignornat, foolish, and even he has come to realize that even in satire using certain words...are a NO NO!!!:fiery:

Lol at your first sentence. No, not reading anything into anything (lol)just telling it like it is. And ignorant, foolish, whatever . is not the issue raised in this thread. As for whatever "Reverse Racism" is, don't know about it. Racism (whatever you think that term defines) is racism no matter who or what is doing it. And it does seem like many African-Americans don't want to accept that.

pov
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:50 PM
H could have said his dick is all about he white but he chose to use someone is associated with a hate group organization that has a history of terrorism and violence directed toward African Americans. Surely even you can see the difference.

The fact that David Duke came to his mind when expressing his dating preferences speaks volumes.
Really? Are those volumes the same ones that are spoken when an African-American says "David Duke acting mo' fu'"?

Duke is a recognized and widely used reference for bigotry - mentioning him isn't irrelevant.

Get the point - as others have stated he said a lot of "dumb sh*t", that doesn't make what he said "racist."

Dunlop1
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
This just proves that he's not only a douchebag, but a racist douchebag at that. Do the world a favor John and overdose on something fast.

Uncalled for.

After reading the entire interview, it is clear that John Mayer is clearly not racist.

The only thing he shouldn't have said was the n word. Aside from that, there is nothing wrong with the interview.

People need to read critically and focus on the real racists, esp those in our country's govt.

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:13 PM
How come black people are allowed to say ******, but white people aren't?

Thkmra
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Lol at your first sentence. No, not reading anything into anything (lol)just telling it like it is. And ignorant, foolish, whatever . is not the issue raised in this thread. As for whatever "Reverse Racism" is, don't know about it. Racism (whatever you think that term defines) is racism no matter who or what is doing it. And it does seem like many African-Americans don't want to accept that.

Please!!:rolleyes: Had any black person in the same context used a Racially offensive term that pretty much disparages an entire group of people, the same rules would apply..don't act foolish!!

And as I stated besides him using that term, nothing he said was offensive, as I can bet many would vouch for. Had he said something to the effect of:' Nope, this right here dick, is only meant for those succulent White Chicks'..it would have been fine and kind of funny at the same time, becuase it's probally true 1, and it's kind of witty 2. He could have even capped it off with shouting out Shawn, and Marlon Wayans, and plugging 'White Chick 2, Aressted Deveolpment...now that would have been hilarious!!:lol::lol:

But here he tried to do too much, as is usually the case with him, and he ended up not talking out of his ass and digging a hole for him he had no way out of. See the link I provided, he admits all this in his tearful 'Mea Culpa'..just suprised his smart mouth didn't catch up with him sooner!!:tape:

pokey camp
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Why? Do you want to say it? :confused:

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
No, but I'd like to have the option.

Everytime I sing a song with the 'n' word in it I always stop singing when it comes around, but my black friends always say it. Why should I feel uncomfortable saying it, when they don't?

Thkmra
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Hmmmmmm...think LONG and HARD about that!!!

But just say that any group that uses a derogatory term toward's another, even if that term is used within the group in an endearing fashion, is unacceptable. Ex: no Black person would dare call a group of Italian Men 'Guidos':tape:
A Hispanic person to put it bluntly would Not enjoy being called a 'beaner', or 'wet'back', or spic..list is to WAYYYYY to long to type, from a Non-Hispanic person...Hell though they are the same ethnicity, there are certain things that a Dominican would not utter to a Puerto Rican!!

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Surely, it can't be that offensive if people within one's own race are using it endearingly.

miffedmax
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:36 PM

That's not a universal consensus. A lot of people would just as soon nobody say it.

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Everytime I sing a song with the 'n' word in it I always stop singing when it comes around, but my black friends always say it. Why should I feel uncomfortable saying it, when they don't?

This made me chuckle :lol:

Personally I dont think anyone (black, white etc) should use the n word. With that said why would anyone want the option of using a derogatory term about another race/group of people?

I hear gay people use the word "fag" but by not being gay I find it inappropriate to use it and I wouldn't like the option to either. Knowing that it can offend members of the gay community makes me not want to use it.

miffedmax
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hmmmmmm...think LONG and HARD about that!!!

But just say that any group that uses a derogatory term toward's another, even if that term is used within the group in an endearing fashion, is unacceptable. Ex: no Black person would dare Not call a group of Italian Men 'Guidos':tape:
A Hispanic person to put it bluntly would Not enjoy being called a 'beaner', or 'wet'back', or spic..list is to WAYYYYY to long to type, from a Non-Hispanic person...Hell though they are the same ethnicity, there are certain things that a Dominican would not utter to a Puerto Rican!!

True. Being a white southerner I can call myself a redneck, but there are people on this board who prolly shouldn't call me that.

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I don't want white people to have the right to use it at all. All I'm saying that is, with that, black people shouldn't use it either. I mean, equality and everything.

I don't understand why gay people are offended by fag, poof. LOL. I'm gay and I use it to describe a flamboyant gay guy, more than gays in general. Things probably aren't as tip-toed around here in Australia though, as our gay community is still very much on the outer.

HippityHop
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Now he's running around apologizing all over the place.

I hate it when people apologize for what they really believe.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Surely, it can't be that offensive if people within one's own race are using it endearingly.
Yes, like when gays refer to themselves as fags queers and queens. I mean those words could not possibly be offensive to them right. So why was perezhilton all up in arms at Isiah Washington calling they gay guy a fa**ot. I would prefer that they not say it either, but I guess they are trying to reclaim the word.

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:50 PM

And what is that? What does John Mayer really believe concerning race?

I don't think he was racist. More, trying-to-be-funny-but-not.

Yes, like when gays refer to themselves as fags queers and queens. I would prefer that they not say it either, but I guess they are trying to reclaim the word.

Huh?

EDIT: Though you said "but I guess they are trying to reclaim the world" so I was like 'Whaaaaaaat?' :lol:

Interesting, but I don't think words are for anyone to reclaim, and that's what they are, just words. Saying that, I do believe some words should be off limits, and any word demeaning any race, gender, sexuality, size, should be taboo for EVERYONE, not just people outside that particular group of people. It kind of defies the point.

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Huh?

Minority groups sometimes take a derogatory term about them and began using it themselves but with a more positive/less negative meaning.

BUBI
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM

What do you think he "really believes in"? I think he really believes in being a douchebag, but his black background singers didn't like the playboy interview, so he had to apologize because friendship is always more important than being a douchebag.

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Minority groups sometimes take a derogatory term about them and began using it themselves but with a more positive/less negative meaning.

I don't understand the logic in this.

kiwifan
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM

I don't believe you. ;)

You've never used a negative term with a friend in a playful manner...

...Every gay guy at my job used "fag" and every other negative slur amongst themselves but I'd never say it to them.

...Same with Jewish people at work who make "cheap" jokes or "we run the media" cracks; I'll laugh along but I'd never initiate that kind of talk.

I really think a little (and I mean just a tiny) bit of critical thought and you'd answer your own question. :tape: :p

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I'm not out, so I don't associate with my fellow gay. :tears:

I don't know, it's a touchy subject. I just don't understand how this word is allowed in mainstream songs, but when a white guy says it then this kind of backlash happens. It's not THAT big a deal, is it?

I must re-itterate that I'm Australian and I don't know the goings on in the United States, but in Australia we don't tip toe around stuff like that.

BUBI
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM

I do. Imagine if you were John Mayer's friend and would meet him today, you could say "Hey racist, what' up?". He would know you don't mean to accuse him of racism or anything. He would know that nobody takes the r-word seriously when it's not meant to insult.

Super Dave
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
When you intensely dislike someone as much as I dislike Mayer, it's hard to like his music. Just shut up and go away, John.

kiwifan
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I'm not out, so I don't associate with my fellow gay. :tears:

I don't know, it's a touchy subject. I just don't understand how this word is allowed in mainstream songs, but when a white guy says it then this kind of backlash happens. It's not THAT big a deal, is it?

I must re-itterate that I'm Australian and I don't know the goings on in the United States, but in Australia we don't tip toe around stuff like that.
I've been to Australia and play rugby with Australians (tomorrow I'll be doing that) and when an Aussie refers to himself as a "crim", "shackle dragger"; or anything "ball and chain" related...it is self deprecation. But if an Englishman says that kind of stuff to an Aussie that Aussie is likely to take a swing at him and probably call him a "Pommie Bastard". :lol:

I've seen it both in the States and in Melbourne and Sydney. ;)

Some Black people don't mind the use of the N word; but most (we aren't all 20 year old rappers, y'know) are offended no matter who's using it. I don't care one way or another, words are words but if you know it is a "loaded word" and you throw it around carelessly, I have no sympathy for you if you get your ass kicked or your feelings hurt. :devil:

The N word wasn't allowed in mainstream songs until the '90s when NWA's record sold millions despite pretty much being banned by the mass media...

...but because it made lots of money and greed beats ethics in the corporate Western World...

...there you are.

That has nothing to do with black people that's everything to do with green money.

pokey camp
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Yeah, I don't want white people to have the right to use it at all. All I'm saying that is, with that, black people shouldn't use it either. I mean, equality and everything.

Huh? Which is it? You want the option to use it or you don't? :confused:

Anyway, this situation could be easily avoided by improving your taste in music. And your friends who use the word? They are ignorant. Next time your friends are singing that word just know you’re not losing anything by skipping that lyric. Gaining something more likely.

And if you don’t want to use it. Then really... what’s the problem? :shrug: Just don’t and keep stepping. I never understand why some people complain about not having “the right” to use that word. Such a strange battle to fight: “Not fair! We want to use the repulsive word tooo!” :sobbing: Look. There are millions of words in the English language to use. Not being “allowed” to use one of them is hardly a burden or a form of oppression.

PalomaPiccaso
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
As a woman of mixed heritage and of color(my mother is from Angola and my dad is Portuguese) , I have to say what he said was not racist at the least. Rather, Perez Hilton, the talentless blogger is starting drama, taking things out of context purposely and spreading the news around via twitter to everyone because supposedly back in the day, Mayer turned him down after teasing him with a kiss and in the recent playboy interview John basically called him out( Mayer remembers seeing Perez Hilton flitting about this club and acting as though he had just invented homosexuality.), here is more:

PLAYBOY: Perez describes you on his site as a womanizer, a word you don’t like. Is it fair to say you have a love-hate relationship with him?

MAYER: I used to. Now I believe we’re fully into fighting with breakaway chairs. I think he’s pretty much inert at this point. Perez is to hating as Richard Simmons is to health and well-being. [laughs] You can print that. Perez is so authentically off his rocker he will not let you finish a sentence. I think he has some dark things in his past. I think he comes from a little bit of hurt, and I say that with an understated tone. At the end of the day I go to his site, but I don’t see him as a threat.

Here is John Mayer's full quote that caused controversy:

MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, "What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?" And by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n-gger pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, "I can't really have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, 'We're full.'"

Nothing about this is racist. Rather things are taken out of context or people simply do not have good reading comprehension skills.
He clearly meant that as a white person, he can never have a pass to use that word because he will never know what it is to be black and to be treated like a black person.

By the way after all the unnecessary backlash, John took to his twitter to explain, than issued a statement apologizing, than basically broke down and started to cry at his concert last night. His comments below:

using the 'N word' in an interview: I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself. It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged.

And while I'm using today for looking at myself under harsh light, I think it's time to stop trying to be so raw in interviews…It started as an attempt to not let the waves of criticism get to me, but it's gotten out of hand and I've created somewhat of a monster.
I wanted to be a blues guitar player. And a singer. And a songwriter. Not a shock jock. I don't have the stomach for it.
Again, because I don't want anyone to think I'm equivocating: I should have never said the word and I will never say it again.

Speaking on myself, They don´t make rehab centers for being an a-hole. I just wanted to play the guitar for people. Everything else just sort of popped up and I improvised, and kept doubling down on it.

John Mayer breaking down in concert:

dZUkhbAiveQ

John Mayer is clearly not a racist, he is good friends with African-American entertainers like Common, Jay Z, and Kanye West. His comment was in no way offensive, it was just misinterpreted and taken out of context. On top of everything, the guy does have a big mouth but he apologized profusely and was brought down to tears from all of the backlash. He should not have ever talked about something as sensitive as this subject but as a woman of color myself, in no way was this guy being racist. The guy deserves a break, this has gone way too far and everything has been taken out of proportion. And by the way he is a huge talent anyone denying that has no taste.

If he does not like girls of color, well than that is his loss(we are loads of fun) but that does not make him racist, everyone has a preference, you cannot control who you are attracted to. All of us on this board have a preference.

Kart
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry but I can't get over the fact that he snogged Perez Hilton.

I don't even know who John Mayer is. I'll have to Google him.

LCS
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:38 PM
:spit:

Thkmra
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Yes, like when gays refer to themselves as fags queers and queens. I mean those words could not possibly be offensive to them right. So why was perezhilton all up in arms at Isiah Washington calling they gay guy a fa**ot. I would prefer that they not say it either, but I guess they are trying to reclaim the word.

Exactly!! Or Women for example often times will use scathing terms to descibe, and indeed celebrate themselves. For instance some women often refer to one another a bitch.
Some even find empowerment and 'fierceness':tape: in doing so. The same applies for other words: slut, whore, tramp'...when used amongst friends in a non-combative way it's all right. However if a 'str8' man were to utter those very same things, many women would be openly put off, and offended.

Though the same friendly attitude may apply, the tone can be perceived completely diffrent. Many would even be hurt, and feel threatened because in that very momemt, friend, or foe, that man represent all the hardships, struggles, and oppresssion women have hostorically 'endured' under Man, if that makes sense:lol:....it's all so complicated to explain, but very easy to comprehend!!!

PalomaPiccaso
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry but I can't get over the fact that he snogged Perez Hilton.

I don't even know who John Mayer is. I'll have to Google him.

He was just messing with him(it was a joke which he explained and Jessica was there at the time that they kissed laughing her ass off), he is not a bad looking guy(and is talented) hence going out with Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson, etc. If he is gay, I am sure he could do a whole lot better than that troll Perez.

Anyway most people have heard his most famous song from some years ago called, Your Body is a Wonderland.

iT3ufTZJE2A

Kart
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM
He was just messing with him(it was a joke which he explained and Jessica was there at the time that they kissed laughing her ass off), he is not a bad looking guy(and is talented) hence going out with Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson, etc. If he is gay, I am sure he could do a whole lot better than that troll Perez.

Anyway most people have heard his most famous song from some years ago called, Your Body is a Wonderland.

iT3ufTZJE2A
Yeah I get it was a joke but still, Perez Hilton ???

Thanks for the song, I'll have a listen. I did Google to see what he looked like but didn't try any of the music.

Donny
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Lol, yes, EVERY BLACK PERSON EVER, including every single black person who has criticized Mayer, is all about 'keepin it real'.

Where do you learn abut black people? The Chapelle Show?

Donny
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Mayer's allowed to say it. He has the right to free speech.

At any rate, there are some blacks who are trying to do away with the word permanently. I remember they held a 'funeral' for the N word in NYC sometime last year.

Bayo
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Where to draw the line with slurs? History; intent.

If the people who were victimized with a given word want to reclaim its usage, I don't think it matters whether those on the outside understand that decision or not.

The next best example would be queer. Formally a negative, now appropriated for an entire branch of literary criticism and theory.

Oh, and I take less issue with the racial implications of this interview than with the general tone of misogyny. But then he's always been a douchebag.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Here is John Mayer's full quote that caused controversy:

Nothing about this is racist. Rather things are taken out of context or people simply do not have good reading comprehension skills.
He clearly meant that as a white person, he can never have a pass to use that word because he will never know what it is to be black and to be treated like a black person.

By the way after all the unnecessary backlash, John took to his twitter to explain, than issued a statement apologizing, than basically broke down and started to cry at his concert last night. His comments below:

John Mayer breaking down in concert:

dZUkhbAiveQ

John Mayer is clearly not a racist, he is good friends with African-American entertainers like Common, Jay Z, and Kanye West. His comment was in no way offensive, it was just misinterpreted and taken out of context. On top of everything, the guy does have a big mouth but he apologized profusely and was brought down to tears from all of the backlash. He should not have ever talked about something as sensitive as this subject but as a woman of color myself, in no way was this guy being racist. The guy deserves a break, this has gone way too far and everything has been taken out of proportion. And by the way he is a huge talent anyone denying that has no taste.

If he does not like girls of color, well than that is his loss(we are loads of fun) but that does not make him racist, everyone has a preference, you cannot control who you are attracted to. All of us on this board have a preference.

You seem to be implying that he can use the "n" word because he's black by association and that's really a foul thing to state.
He used the word. Something he had no right to use regardless of what he meant by it.
He could have easily stated what he meant by not using that word but he chose to use that, fag, and a coined a white supremacist term.

I don't think he's racist but his assumption that we're all over the race issue because it's 2010 and we have a black president were clearly ignorant.

I don't care if he doesn't like black girls because no black girl would ever stoop so low as to date a man who would treat a woman like a rabied dog as he did with Jessica Simpson.

All of this by the way can't be blamed on Perez Hilton.
I guess Perez was the one who got the article published by Playboy as well in Black History Month. :help:
Sure he takes a lot of things out of context like he did with Yele but the article is clear as day.

BUBI
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I don't care if he doesn't like black girls because no black girl would ever stoop so low as to date a man who would treat a woman like a rabied dog as he did with Jessica Simpson.

Not even Rihanna? :tape:

Dunlop1
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:51 PM

:spit::haha:

miffedmax
Feb 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM

I don't understand why gay people are offended by fag, poof. LOL. I'm gay and I use it to describe a flamboyant gay guy, more than gays in general. Things probably aren't as tip-toed around here in Australia though, as our gay community is still very much on the outer.

See, that's the thing with me. Almost every group calls itself by what other people call it as insults. One of my best Hispanic friends calls himself a wetback and a Meskin (mimicing the way some whites pronounce Mexican). I call myself a redneck and a Bubba. One of my Republican banker friends calls himself a "greedy capitalist bastard." My brother calls himself a big fat ******. I have a bunch of Cajun friends who call themselves coonasses.

But for some reason, a lot of people get there panties into a much HUGER wad over blacks using the n-word than when other groups use derogatory words to describe themselves.

I admit I don't like that word and I wish people would not use it. (I have a friend who will sometimes call himself a "Negro" when he's goofing, and that doesn't bother me at all, so I'm not totally dour and humorless when it comes to visiting our past). But I do have a general issue with people who get all worked up about "why can blacks say it and I can't" just like I get a little annoyed at people who get all worked up about "Miss Black America" but not "Miss Czech Fest" or "Italian-American Man of the Year."

PalomaPiccaso
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:03 PM
You seem to be implying that he can use the "n" word because he's black by association and that's really a foul thing to state.
He used the word. Something he had no right to use regardless of what he meant by it.
He could have easily stated what he meant by not using that word but he chose to use that, fag, and a coined a white supremacist term.

I don't think he's racist but his assumption that we're all over the race issue because it's 2010 and we have a black president were clearly ignorant.

All of this by the way can't be blamed on Perez Hilton.
I guess Perez was the one who got the article published by Playboy as well in Black History Month. :help:
Sure he takes a lot of things out of context like he did with Yele but the article is clear as day.

You seem to be implying that he can use the "n" word because he's black by association and that's really a foul thing to state. When did I say something like that genius? learn to comprehend what you are reading.:rolleyes:

Obviously you did not understand what I meant.:rolleyes: Of course it is not OK for anyone to use that word. And that was his mistake. However he is not racist(as the company he comes and musical influences which he has stated most influenced him as an artist are all of African decent).

His words were clearly misinterpreted but he should have never used that word. My mother is from Angola, the things she has seen and endured in the name of racism towards herself and our family is unbelievable. However I feel now a days people are way too sensitive about this subject matter and we make it worse than it actually is. John Mayer has nothing to do with all this and people are using him as a scapegoat, judging him based on one word he said(one mistake he made).

But John Mayer is in no way a racist, he did not use the word in a negative manner, his quote was completely misinterpreted and taken to the extremes. I have been to his concert 4 times and met him twice and he personally took the time to meet me and a lot of his fans and treated us with nothing but kindness and admiration.

He is at fault for some of his bad reputation but in his defense I will say he has always been very sarcastic and he tries way to hard to be funny in interviews. I think he is a great guy with a big heart but also a big mouth. That is the problem. No one is perfect and he does not deserve all this bad press that he is getting.

By the way it speaks volumes about how gullible you are, how the hell do you know anything about his relationship with Jessica Simpson or any of the other women he has been involved with, do you personally know him, or Jessica Simpson. It would seem that you are one of those people who believes anything the gossip rags, bloggers write.

People are like sheep these days anything they read in the gossip rags or media they believe, Its said to see that people can not think for themselves.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:30 PM
When did I say something like that genius? learn to comprehend what you are reading.:rolleyes:

Obviously you did not understand what I meant.:rolleyes: Of course it is not OK for anyone to use that word. And that was his mistake. However he is not racist(as the company he comes and musical influences which he has stated most influenced him as an artist are all of African decent).

His words were clearly misinterpreted but he should have never used that word. My mother is from Angola, the things she has seen and endured in the name of racism towards herself and our family is unbelievable.

But John Mayer is in no way a racist, his quote was completely misinterpreted and taken to the extremes. I have been to his concert 4 times and met him twice and he personally took the time to meet me and a lot of his fans and treated us with nothing but kindness and admiration.

He is at fault for some of his bad reputation but in his defense I will say he has always been very sarcastic and funny in interviews. I think he is a great guy with a big mouth. That is the problem. No one is perfect and he does not deserve all this bad press that he is getting.

By the way it speaks volumes about how gullible you are, how the hell do you know anything about his relationship with Jessica Simpson or any of the other women he has been involved with, do you personally know him, or Jessica Simpson. It would seem that you are one of those people who believes anything the gossip rags, bloggers write.

People are like sheep these days anything they read in the gossip rags or media they believe, Its said to see that people can not think for themselves.

I don't read gossip magazine. In fact I don't even go on Perez Hilton's blog.
I read the Playboy article, which are his words in context.
Him calling Jessica Simpson an addiction like crack cocaine but never insisting there was anything to her besides sex sounds pretty male chauvinist to me.

You don't stay around in the music industry for a decade being the typical blonde.
She was one of the first artist to re-release an album and outsell the previous release, before Usher or Mariah started doing it.

I really don't see what this correlation you seem to have between musical influences and that individual person.
Ike Turner was a great blues-rock artist, and got influence from many before him, but that didn't stop him from allegedly beating Tina.

I like John but I don't feel sorry for him.
Noone put a gun to his head and made him comment like he did in this article.

WowWow
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM
He's just obnoxious on so many levels and his music is:yawn:

His interview is just a pretentious effort to appear non-pc, but instead he just sounds pathetic.

WowWow
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Him calling Jessica Simpson an addiction like crack cocaine but never insisting there was anything to her besides sex sounds pretty male chauvinist to me.

Yes, true. But unfortunately, no one gives a shit if he sounds chauvinist. People usually laugh it off.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Yes, true. But unfortunately, no one gives a shit if he sounds chauvinist. People usually laugh it off.

They aren't laughing this time. :wavey:

PalomaPiccaso
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I don't read gossip magazine. In fact I don't even go on Perez Hilton's blog.
I read the Playboy article, which are his words in context.

You don't stay around in the music industry for a decade being the typical blonde.
She was one of the first artist to re-release an album and outsell the previous release, before Usher or Mariah started doing it.

I really don't see what this correlation you seem to have between musical influences and that individual person.
Ike Turner was a great blues-rock artist, and got influence from many before him, but that didn't stop him from allegedly beating Tina.

I like John but I don't feel sorry for him.
Noone put a gun to his head and made comment like he did in this article.

Yeah what he said about Jessica makes him sound like a tool but he was not calling her stupid and he did not say she wasn't sweet or that there weren't more things to her as a woman. He was just paying her a complement in his way,(which was pretty crude IMO) he was basically saying that she is really good in the bedroom and that sex with her was like a drug. Hey there is nothing wrong with that. Sure the comment is a bit crude but it is actually a compliment and not a diss.

By the way I do not condone what John said or the word he used but calling him racist is absurd, John Mayer(for the past 10 years) always talks about how he is vastly influenced by the African American culture, that most of his entourage, friends, etc. happen to be black and how he wishes he was born a black man. I highly doubt he is a racist, anyone who knows anything about him as an artist knows that.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 11th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah what he said about Jessica makes him sound like a tool but he was not calling her stupid and he did not say she wasn't sweet or that there weren't more things to her as a woman. He was just paying her a complement in his way,(which was pretty crude IMO) he was basically saying that she is really good in the bedroom and that sex with her was like a drug. Hey there is nothing wrong with that. Sure the comment is a bit crude but it is actually a compliment and not a diss.

By the way I do not condone what John said or the word he used but calling him racist is absurd, John Mayer(for the past 10 years) always talks about how he is vastly influenced by the African American culture, that most of his entourage, friends, etc. happen to be black and how he wishes he was born a black man. I highly doubt he is a racist, anyone who knows anything about him as an artist knows that.

It's not a compliment if that woman has been fighting off stereotypes about her looks ever since she came out with the song "I Wanna Love You Forever".
It's funny that you insist that I read everything you said but you have yet to do the same for me.
I never ever mentioned John Mayer as a racist.

I said he was ignorant for thinking these comments are acceptable in this society because of a few changes in the last few years.
So he's vastly influenced by African American culture, so are most of the artist in mainstream rock these days. :lol:
I still don't get this correlation you continue to want to use as an example of why John Mayer isn't racist.
And I really wish you would stop thinking that just because a person has a few black friends that their comments should be acceptable to the entire black community.
It just doesn't work that way.

PalomaPiccaso
Feb 11th, 2010, 08:21 PM
It's not a compliment if that woman has been fighting off stereotypes about her looks ever since she came out with the song "I Wanna Love You Forever".
It's funny that you insist that I read everything you said but you have yet to do the same for me.

I said he was ignorant for thinking these comments are acceptable in this society because of a few changes in the last few years.
So he's vastly influenced by African American culture, so are most of the artist in mainstream rock these days. :lol:
I still don't get this correlation you continue to want to use as an example of why John Mayer isn't racist.
And I really wish you would stop thinking that just because a person has a few black friends that their comments should be acceptable to the entire black community.

I read your post, I wasn't solely replying to you.:rolleyes: I wasn't saying you were calling him a racist, I was just referring to people in general.
And by the way I was never excusing, rather I was explaining how I see it. Everyone forms their own opinion and I most certainly have mine. I agree about Society and I find that rather unfortunate. I dislike that word more than anything but the fact that it remains taboo only gives this word more emphasis and more power.

I just think this whole John Mayer backlash is unwarranted, he is hardly the problem and tearing him down is hardly the solution to anyone's problem.

ampers&
Feb 12th, 2010, 01:27 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/2u9qscn.gif

Infiniti2001
Feb 12th, 2010, 01:59 AM

More and more I'm beginning to believe you really wear a white hood:tape: :help:

LoveFifteen
Feb 12th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I hate John Mayer because about 50 people throughout my life have told me that I look like him. :sobbing:

Firstly, I do not think that I look like him. Secondly, I die a little inside each time someone thinks I look like this annoying tool. Third, I do not like the type of music that he makes. Fourth, did someone seriously just say "dark and lovely"? Hot mess! :o

There is no excuse for the bullshit that John Mayer said. Even if he only fucks white twinks on the downlow and covers it up by dating famous white sluts dates white women, there is simply no need to express that by saying your cock is David Duke. If the interviewer asked him if he dated women of color, he could have just said that he has not dated any women of color. He is so out of line with these comments.

P.S. Dear bitter-ass white people bitching about reverse racism and/or the inability to use the n-word ... you need to get the f*** over yourselves. There is no comparison whatsoever between black people using the n-word among themselves and non-black people calling black people the n-word. If you seriously, honestly cannot see the difference, please do the human race a favor and DO NOT PASS ON YOUR GENES TO THE GENE POOL. Adopt! Please! Your critical thinking skills are below average, and as the world moves into a post-industrial economy, it will become harder and harder for slow people to be competitive. Your genetic offspring would suffer. :sad:

Apoleb
Feb 12th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I don't think using the N word makes you racist; whether you're black, white or whatever. That just doesn't make sense anyway. It's all about context and intent. Sometimes the word can be used to illustrate racism. John Lennon has a song called "Woman is the ****** of the world" and I don't think singing it makes him racist. Anyway, it seems he's criticizing himself for only being sexually attracted to white women. It's hard to interpolate from that to his views about race. It can be insensitive for some people, but sometimes you need to get over your sense of feeling offended. There are so many people, probably most people (based on some stats), who only consider individuals from their own race and exclude others. That never made sense to me and it's a symptom of close-mindedness, but whatever. :shrug: I'm sure black women won't be losing sleep any time soon.

ampers&
Feb 12th, 2010, 06:35 AM
P.S. Dear bitter-ass white people bitching about reverse racism and/or the inability to use the n-word ... you need to get the f*** over yourselves. There is no comparison whatsoever between black people using the n-word among themselves and non-black people calling black people the n-word. If you seriously, honestly cannot see the difference, please do the human race a favor and DO NOT PASS ON YOUR GENES TO THE GENE POOL. Adopt! Please! Your critical thinking skills are below average, and as the world moves into a post-industrial economy, it will become harder and harder for slow people to be competitive. Your genetic offspring would suffer. :sad:
Agreed. Although I still am not a fan of black people using "nigga" amongst themselves. It's still ignorant, IMO. Not necessarily a hateful ignorance (although that is applicable to some black people), but ignorance nonetheless.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 12th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Look, if your girlfriends/boyfriends call you bitch, it's fine. If some other random person calls you one, it isn't. Along those lines.

ampers&
Feb 12th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Look, if your girlfriends/boyfriends call you bitch, it's fine. If some other random person calls you one, it isn't. Along those lines.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/blanche_not_sure.gif

Definitely not along those lines. :p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 12th, 2010, 07:39 AM
For one I don't believe John Mayer of all people is racist. He wouldn't surround himself with so many black people if he were. I do think he's careless and should learn some PR skills, especially considering he's amending his words from the Playboy interview. If he were true to his loose canon persona he shouldn't feel the need to apologize.

I have no problem with John not being sexually attracted to black women (mass media programs people to be attracted to european features) but he could've been a hell of a lot more diplomatic about it or just not said anything at all. We see the type of women he dates its no secret he's attracted to the "girl next door" type (Aniston, Hewitt, Simpson). Why harp on it and run the risk of offending black women some of which are your friends and co-workers?

Oh well, he's a talented guy with a big head (literally and figuratively). However he seems to have a big heart too :shrug:

Renalicious
Feb 12th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Was he always this :cuckoo: ... I liked him better as a nerdy boy, the one who sang "No Real Thing." :o

Vanity Bonfire
Feb 12th, 2010, 11:42 AM

If my boyfriend called me a bitch, I'd smack him across the face with a table.

Vanity Bonfire
Feb 12th, 2010, 11:45 AM
This guy is such a prat. If he never makes another record that would be bliss for me.

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Go back and sing your fucking constipated songs at small venues and get used to it, cause no one is missing you.
He sells out 5000+ venues in holland in 3 minutes.
And i'm sure he'll keep on doing fine in other countries as well.

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
:haha: :spit: nice!
If my boyfriend called me a bitch, I'd smack him across the face with a table.
that is very chris brown of you.

when my gf calls me a bitch, i usually am.

Vanity Bonfire
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:00 PM
:haha: :spit: nice!

that is very chris brown of you.

when my gf calls me a bitch, i usually am.

No it's not. Being called a bitch is a horrible thing, particularly by somebody who supposedly loves you and cares for you.

Shinjiro
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Just read the first posts...

This.

if he's claiming his dick is a white sumpremacist, wouldnt in theory, that make the rest of him white sumpremacist?
What he also said:

MAYER: "I’m going to start dating separately from my dick."
:shrug:

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM
No it's not. Being called a bitch is a horrible thing, particularly by somebody who supposedly loves you and cares for you.
i agree, i am just not a huge fan of breaking tables on ppl's faces
violence i am okay with though ;)

Vanity Bonfire
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:06 PM

Oh honey, I can barely lift a table so my boyfriend would be quite alright :p. I'd probably end up dropping it on myself :lol:

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Oh honey, I can barely lift a table so my boyfriend would be quite alright :p. I'd probably end up dropping it on myself :lol:
that'd be so awesome, if you ever try, please tape and youtube it!!! :D
and even if you could manage to do it, it'll still be funny, cause sometime it's just hilarious when a guy gets beat up by a girl :p

Bijoux0021
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:38 PM
More and more I'm beginning to believe you really wear a white hood:tape: :help:
:worship:

Co-sign.

Vanity Bonfire
Feb 12th, 2010, 01:38 PM
that'd be so awesome, if you ever try, please tape and youtube it!!! :D
and even if you could manage to do it, it'll still be funny, cause sometime it's just hilarious when a guy gets beat up by a girl :p

I so will :kiss:. It'll become a sensation - watching me try to attack somebody with a table and then continuing to fall over it and break it.

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Of course UR. (The Mandy from The Rotterdam is a big NHL fan) :boxing:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM

this

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I've been to Australia and play rugby with Australians (tomorrow I'll be doing that) and when an Aussie refers to himself as a "crim", "shackle dragger"; or anything "ball and chain" related...it is self deprecation. But if an Englishman says that kind of stuff to an Aussie that Aussie is likely to take a swing at him and probably call him a "Pommie Bastard". :lol:

I've seen it both in the States and in Melbourne and Sydney. ;)

Some Black people don't mind the use of the N word; but most (we aren't all 20 year old rappers, y'know) are offended no matter who's using it. I don't care one way or another, words are words but if you know it is a "loaded word" and you throw it around carelessly, I have no sympathy for you if you get your ass kicked or your feelings hurt. :devil:

The N word wasn't allowed in mainstream songs until the '90s when NWA's record sold millions despite pretty much being banned by the mass media...

...but because it made lots of money and greed beats ethics in the corporate Western World...

...there you are.

That has nothing to do with black people that's everything to do with green money.

not that hard of a concept...none of my friends can look at me and call me the n-word...my female friends can't look at me and call me a bitch in the friendly way people seem to mean it these days either...once derogatory always derogatory for me...people assume all black people like to be called the n-word because some do :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 12th, 2010, 06:55 PM

i'm not racist, i know black people...

Donny
Feb 12th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Agreed. Although I still am not a fan of black people using "nigga" amongst themselves. It's still ignorant, IMO. Not necessarily a hateful ignorance (although that is applicable to some black people), but ignorance nonetheless.

Ignorant of what?

hablo
Feb 12th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Sounds like this guy talks a lot of nonesense to get attention.

Had to skim that playboy article: he sounds so fake and uninteresting.

As for his comments, I can't believe a 32 year-old (my age) can be so immature and not realize the impact of statements. I don't know if he's racist but he shouldn't have used the n-word and he has no respect for women. Sounds very sexist to me. :rolleyes:

LoveFifteen
Feb 12th, 2010, 09:04 PM

I am not a fan of it either, to be honest.

moby
Feb 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I read that Playboy interview.

He speaks like a Frat-Pack version of a Woody Allen script. :lol:
Although I totally get neuroticism, because I'm neurotic myself.

He'd be pretty annoying to have around in real life (just like I wanted to slap Woody Allen's character when I was watching Annie Hall)...
... but on the plus side, at least he seems to be pretty self-aware.

Paneru
Feb 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM
No racism here, much ado about nothing.

I've been just cracking up over bitch fest between him and Perez Hilton. :lol:

mykarma
Feb 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM

this

Huh? Which is it? You want the option to use it or you don't? :confused:

Anyway, this situation could be easily avoided by improving your taste in music. And your friends who use the word? They are ignorant. Next time your friends are singing that word just know you’re not losing anything by skipping that lyric. Gaining something more likely.

And if you don’t want to use it. Then really... what’s the problem? :shrug: Just don’t and keep stepping. I never understand why some people complain about not having “the right” to use that word. Such a strange battle to fight: “Not fair! We want to use the repulsive word tooo!” :sobbing: Look. There are millions of words in the English language to use. Not being “allowed” to use one of them is hardly a burden or a form of oppression.
:worship::worship::worship:

As a woman of mixed heritage and of color(my mother is from Angola and my dad is Portuguese) , I have to say what he said was not racist at the least.

John Mayer is clearly not a racist, he is good friends with African-American entertainers like Common, Jay Z, and Kanye West. His comment was in no way offensive, it was just misinterpreted and taken out of context.
Oh boy. :tape:

I guess pigs can fly because I agree with your post. I think Paloma is just plain naive.

I hate John Mayer because about 50 people throughout my life have told me that I look like him. :sobbing:

Firstly, I do not think that I look like him. Secondly, I die a little inside each time someone thinks I look like this annoying tool. Third, I do not like the type of music that he makes. Fourth, did someone seriously just say "dark and lovely"? Hot mess! :o

There is no excuse for the bullshit that John Mayer said. Even if he only fucks white twinks on the downlow and covers it up by dating famous white sluts dates white women, there is simply no need to express that by saying your cock is David Duke. If the interviewer asked him if he dated women of color, he could have just said that he has not dated any women of color. He is so out of line with these comments.

this