PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Dubai!! (Been living in Dubai now for a year)

rada
Feb 10th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hey guys just letting you know that I just got a job as Cabin Crew with Emirates............I'm so excited :P

Danči Dementia
Feb 10th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Good Luck! ;)

SoClose
Feb 10th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Congrats. :) and Good luck!!!

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 12:21 AM
:hatoff:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 11th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Well you might as well put a video on youtube saying "I Love Dubai!!!".

Valanga
Feb 11th, 2010, 12:23 AM
WOW :worship:

yeemmi
Feb 11th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Good luck

mykarma
Feb 11th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Hey guys just letting you know that I just got a job as Cabin Crew with Emirates............I'm so excited :P
One of my friends is working in Dubai for a university and making BIG money.

new-york
Feb 11th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Please keep up posted on how you find it there.

Congratulations. :D

From Australia, right ?

~{X}~
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Yay Rada, good for you, for getting a job! :D

Hopefully Dubai's economic/residential burst does end.

Aravanecaravan
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hope you like it. I had a friend in banking who was excited to be moving there a couple of years ago, and she was back within three weeks. Didn't want to talk about why, but I suspect it had something to do with the way they treat women.

Good luck!

KournikovaFan91
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Well done.

I always wanted to be a flight attendant :lol:

Congrats.

Just Do It
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Rada :yeah:
What exactly will you do ?

Hashim.
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
congrats:D

svetaisthebest
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Well done.

I always wanted to be a flight attendant :lol:

Congrats.

same here:p

congratulations rada :bigclap:

ivanban
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Rada :yeah:
What exactly will you do ?

Uhmm :rolleyes: No Danilo, her job won't involve any slutty-escapades

LeRoy.
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:43 AM
^His

And a very good looking him at that.

ivanban
Feb 12th, 2010, 12:47 AM
^His

And a very good looking him at that.

In Serbian Rada is not by any mean men's name :o

PlayByPlay
Feb 12th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Wow sounds interesting and exciting.. Congratulations.

rada
Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Please keep up posted on how you find it there.

Congratulations. :D

From Australia, right ?

Hey, yeah I'm from Aussie so it will def be a big change for me but really looking forward to it :)

rada
Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:53 PM
In Serbian Rada is not by any mean men's name :o

Yep I'm a guy and Rada in Aussie is not the same as in Serbia.............but most ppl call me Rad anyway. ;)

rada
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I will be in Dubai from tomorrow woohoo!

~{X}~
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Take pictures Rada! :D

tefo1989
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Congratulations, good luck with you project

youizahoe
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Congrats, but make sure you know the law there or you'll end up in jail in no time.

Seven2008
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:28 AM
congratulations

Seven2008
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:32 AM
please try to play tennis at the top of the Hotel Burj Al Arab and take pictures.

Justin SW
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Have fun :)

youizahoe
Mar 17th, 2010, 02:59 AM
please try to play tennis at the top of the Hotel Burj Al Arab and take pictures.

There's not a tennis court, it's for helicopters to land :tape:

Londoner
Mar 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Congratulations! Emirates is a prestigious airline with a great reputation - unlike the poor souls who work for EasyJet! The difference is like working in a 5 star hotel or Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Despite what some people say about Dubai I enjoyed it there on holiday. You just need to respect the country you are in. And if it's good enough for Federer...!

Seven2008
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:20 AM
There's not a tennis court, it's for helicopters to land :tape:

did Federer and Agassi play an exhibition there? I can remember the photos released years ago.

Seven2008
Mar 17th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Congratulations! Emirates is a prestigious airline with a great reputation - unlike the poor souls who work for EasyJet! The difference is like working in a 5 star hotel or Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Despite what some people say about Dubai I enjoyed it there on holiday. You just need to respect the country you are in. And if it's good enough for Federer...!

JJ also considers to move there. She said she loved that place.

ivanban
Mar 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
did Federer and Agassi play an exhibition there? I can remember the photos released years ago.

Yes, but it was made only for that occasion :tape:

rada
Apr 25th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Hey guys, ok so i have been here for over a month and it has been great so far. I mean it isn't so bad here like ppl make it out to be. I have been to a few bars and night clubs which you can drink at the only thing i didn't like is you can still smoke inside them.

it's always so hot here but i'm pretty lucky because the emirates appts have a pool or you could always go to the beach which is nice but you can't go on fridays because it's full of locals and that can be a bit scary.

Also for me the shopping centers are way to big very crazy........

If you want to ask me anything about Dubai let me know.

Cheers

~{X}~
Apr 25th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Had any sex? :devil: :lol:

le bon vivant
Apr 25th, 2010, 05:45 AM
How do they treat homos in Dubai?
Let us know your experiences :lol:
And why is it scary when the locals are at the beach? :lol:
this sounds like a hot mess dying to happen :lol:

Or Levy
Apr 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
How does it feel knowing you can't kiss in public?

KournikovaFan91
Apr 25th, 2010, 11:02 AM
When in Rome??

Im not big into public displays of affection so at least there is no cringeyness in Dubai :lol:

Or Levy
Apr 25th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'm not one to suck face in public either. I still don't like tourists thrown in jail for that, especially as it isn't exactly advertised, ya know?

barboza
Apr 25th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Does your schedule get tiring? Are you burnt out yet?

rada
Apr 26th, 2010, 07:30 AM
okay so everyone in my training knows I'm gay but everyone is really cool about it as there are a few of us. Yes it does suck that you can't do things in public but that's ok because i didn't really do it when i was home in Oz. Some night clubs you go to here are full of gay ppl because most cabin crew guys are gay so yes i have had sex in Dubai as for my schedule getting tiring atm it's good because I'm in training but i will let you know when i start flying next week.

The weekend here is Friday and Saturday. When i said the beach on Friday can be scary I mean if you go to the wrong one where the local men and women go then they will not stop looking at you because of course we don't wear much and they cover up.

Let me know if you want to know more :)

KournikovaFan91
Apr 27th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I have always wanted to be a flight attendant but I am in college now. I'm gay too :lol: I wonder why gay people love that job.

Apoleb
Apr 28th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I have always wanted to be a flight attendant but I am in college now. I'm gay too :lol: I wonder why gay people love that job.

I think it's because the airlines usually ask for the guys who are more metero and like to take good care of their looks and probably there's a bias for gays for that. Most male flight attendants tend to be hot too.

darkchild
Apr 28th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Most male flight attendants tend to be hot too.

You obviously don't fly Air Canada much. We are notoriously famous, male and female. :tape:

new-york
Apr 28th, 2010, 03:19 AM
You obviously don't fly Air Canada much. We are notoriously famous, male and female. :tape:

:haha: :worship:

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 28th, 2010, 04:04 AM

Sadly, this is VERY true :o

rada
Jul 8th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Hey guys, so after being in Dubai for over a year now I was thinking it's time for an update. So after doing lots of travel working for Emirates I think Dubai is in my top 10 places to see. It has beautiful beaches great food and awesome clubs and bars and the weather is always great tho it does get pretty hot over summer. :(

If you guys want to know anything about Dubai or anything about being cabin crew with Emirates let me know :)

rada
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Here are some pics of where i live

rada
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Some pics from the tennis

~{X}~
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM
It looks great and I would definitely visit, just never in the summer. :lol:

How is the city though? I mean I hear a lot of those buildings they are building are empty? What are your usual flight routes, like where do you go when working?

rada
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:37 PM
It looks great and I would definitely visit, just never in the summer. :lol:

How is the city though? I mean I hear a lot of those buildings they are building are empty? What are your usual flight routes, like where do you go when working?

The city is doing really well now it has picked up and growing again and they are building more amazing buildings. I have just moved over to the A380 aircraft so i only go to Beijing, Sydney, Auckland, Paris, Toronto, Bangkok, Shanghai, London, Manchester, Seoul, New York and Hong Kong. :)

I like going to all of the cities but my 4 favorites are Bangkok, Sydney, Toronto and London. The good thing about Emirates is we pretty much fly everywhere so on days off you can go and visit any country for 10% of the flight.

~{X}~
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Oh you are lucky to visit so many places. :D I'm in New York, lets grab coffee sometime and chat! :D

rada
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Oh you are lucky to visit so many places. :D I'm in New York, lets grab coffee sometime and chat! :D

Yeah will let you know when i get a NY trip.

~{X}~
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Sure thing, until then stay safe and enjoy your life! :D

KournikovaFan91
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:22 AM
The city is doing really well now it has picked up and growing again and they are building more amazing buildings. I have just moved over to the A380 aircraft so i only go to Beijing, Sydney, Auckland, Paris, Toronto, Bangkok, Shanghai, London, Manchester, Seoul, New York and Hong Kong. :)

I like going to all of the cities but my 4 favorites are Bangkok, Sydney, Toronto and London. The good thing about Emirates is we pretty much fly everywhere so on days off you can go and visit any country for 10% of the flight.

Oh I was on the EK412 to Auckland on Thurs.

I flew from Manchester to Dubai then on to Auckland and it was so amazing compared to the shit European airlines I am normally stuck on. :o

Plus one of the flight attendants on the MAN-DBX flight was so hot :hearts: He really made my flight :lol:

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time there :) :)

rada
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Oh I was on the EK412 to Auckland on Thurs.

I flew from Manchester to Dubai then on to Auckland and it was so amazing compared to the shit European airlines I am normally stuck on. :o

Plus one of the flight attendants on the MAN-DBX flight was so hot :hearts: He really made my flight :lol:

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time there :) :)

the MAN flight was the 7th? i could see who it was ;)

Just Do It
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Can you drink alcohol in clubs and can you drink it on the beaches, streets, parks ...

KournikovaFan91
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
the MAN flight was the 7th? i could see who it was ;)

It was the 6th I think and then at 10am on the 7th I flew to Auckland.

One of the attendants on the MAN-DBX flight was pretty hot though :p

SM
Jul 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Rada would you ever move back to Wollongong?