PDA

View Full Version : Flavia and triple stripes.

HOS
Feb 10th, 2010, 04:03 AM
No disrespect to adidas- obviously a world wide name and strong company- but I am surprised Flavia has hooked up with them

Obviously don't know the ins and outs but v disappointed Sergio and Flavia are not together again. Maybe it was b'c Djokovic took all the cash. He has also taken the style. As a general rule- love Sergio's male and female outfits. This Robredo and Flavia have looked great over the last few years in particular with there classic styles. \Djokovic's Australian Open PJ's were ill fitted and revolting.

So that has happened, need to get over it. I thought if they had the budget, another Italian owned company would try and pick up the Italian no 1- esp one that is so marketable and seemingly well liked. I am thinking Fila or Lotto or even Ellesse who are trying to make a comeback into tennis (with Nasty Nadia) Diadorra seemed to have moved away from tennis altogether.

Having said that, I thought if no Italian brands wanted Flavia for the right price, she would go to another boutique style company (such as Sergio) like Lacoste, who continue to rampage through the sponsorships. Thought Flavia would be ideal for them. High profile European player with a company who is obviously spending up on sponsorship.

Again, money talked and maybe only adidas has the cash. Still think it is interesting that adidias would sponsor Flavia. Not German, not top 10 (hopefully soon again!!!!!) or an up and comer. Maybe adidas are making a push for the Italian market?

Not surprised she didn't go back to nike. No surprise with no Reebok - who knows what they are doing!! :)

Anyways, here is the link on Flavia and Triple stripe me.

HERZEOGENAURACH, Germany - adidas has announced the signing of Flavia Pennetta, the No.1 player from Italy and the No.12 player in the world. The 27-year-old started wearing apparel and footwear of the adidas adilibria tennis range this weekend in Fed Cup, where Italy faced Ukraine.

"I have always respected adidas' values as well as its dedication to quality and performance," Pennetta said. "Clearly, as an elite athlete, it is essential to be supported with the excellent products. adidas' innovations and technologies really help us reach our full potential and to play at our highest level. I am very excited about this and looking forward to representing adidas in the future."

The Head of adidas Global Sports Marketing Individual and Olympic Sports, Jim Latham, warmly welcomed Pennetta into the adidas tennis family: "Flavia's tennis is a unique blend of determination, professionalism and style. Flavia represents the first Italian female tennis player in 3-Stripes and we are proud that she has decided to partner with us as she excels on and off the court."

For the Fed Cup tie between Italy and Ukraine, Pennetta wore a ton-sur-ton jacquard white top with a matching dark grey skirt from the spring/summer adilibria range. Both items feature feminine details such as small darts on the top carré and on the skirt. The adilibria tennis apparel range features ClimaCool® technology to ensure sweat quickly evaporates from the skin, keeping the body at its maximum performance temperature.

Golovinjured.
Feb 10th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I think you're looking too far in to it.

duhcity
Feb 10th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Guess who offered her the most money.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 10th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Hottest player of Adidas

Junex
Feb 10th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Hottest player of Adidas

= Justine! :p

:devil:

Josh.