PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Gets Major Makeover

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 10th, 2010, 02:53 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/OffCourtNews/Read/0,,12781~1961070,00.html << Full article with photos and layout plans at the end of the article :cool: :bounce:

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - The stars of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and ATP World Tour can look forward to some incredibly improved facilities at the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters & Women's Open this year. The tournament is well into a major renovation of the player facilities at the Lindner Family Tennis Center, which will be complete and in use for the 2010 edition of the prestigious event. It represents only the first phase in a total grounds facelift as the tournament looks forward to a combined event in 2011.

New player amenities to look forward to in Cincinnati this year:
- a 21,000 square foot court level (below grade) player area with two locker rooms (each accommodating more than 100 players), private training rooms, locker rooms for male and female coaches, and a 2,200 square foot fitness area, among other amenities;
- an 8,000 square foot space on the ground floor which includes a 5,500 square foot indoor player lounge and offices for the tours' administrations;
- an 11,000 square foot second floor for dining, warming kitchen and storage;
- and a 4,800 square foot outdoor player lounge on the roof of the second floor, perfect for players, their friends and families.

This overhaul also includes 750 new, covered Loge seats, six new luxury boxes and 140 corner seats. It also boasts four new interview rooms, including a large tiered press room and new press box with over 100 reporter stations.

For more information on the tournament, go to its tournament profile page or to its official website. Also, scroll down for some detailed renovation plans.

Kevin.
Feb 10th, 2010, 04:03 AM
When I went to Columbus this past thanksgiving we passed by Cincinnati and Mason and they were working on construction..Should look very nice :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 8th, 2010, 07:33 PM
For those who've gone, i'm wondering what they think of the new facilities :D.

tennisbuddy12
Aug 8th, 2010, 07:52 PM
It's amazing! They really put a lot of effort. My last time here was in 2007 and it has turned out really nice :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 10th, 2010, 04:12 AM
It's amazing! They really put a lot of effort. My last time here was in 2007 and it has turned out really nice :hearts:

That's great to hear. Hopefully next year i'll actually get to see it :lol:;)