PDA

View Full Version : Play "You're the Coach"

pov
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:42 PM
lol. It's simple. Pick any player and describe what you'd concentrate on and what techniques you'd use if you were her coach.

Oh and the point is not to criticize what others have posted but to post your own approach.

DefyingGravity
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Ana Ivanovic:

I would literally have her hold a cup in her left hand with tennis ball in it, and her goal is to catch the ball back in the cup when she tosses the ball to serve. I want her to go through her motion all the way up to "trophy" position, hold it, and watch where the ball bounces. It has to bounce at least within 6 inches of her cup before it counts as 1. I will make her do it up to 50. Do this every day.

I would recommend that she spend more time training in the stamina sort of training that she did at the end of 2007-beginning of 2008. She needs to be very quick to play her game, and she's not quick anymore. I would especially have her do American football drills and much more soccer. Her footwork has become appalling.

I would hire a sports psychologist to help her work out how intense her perfectionist ways can be and how to deal with them (use them in a healthy way, not detrimental to her game). I'd also ask for someone to help her keep emotions in check.

Finally, I would tell her that while relationships are wonderful, they should not be making you travel halfway around the world for no reason. Oh, and that sometimes saying no to P.R. can be a good thing for your tennis game.

pov
Feb 10th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Interesting that with all the popinjay people here, no one seems to want to say what they would bring to the table igf given the chance.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Feb 10th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Id give Daniela a psycological evaluation. To see why she lacks confidence and plays shit matches.

duhcity
Feb 10th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Dear Jelena Jankovic,

Stop serving like you're having an upright seizure. We have Wozniacki for that.

JJandAna4ever
Feb 10th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Jelena Jankovic : cover your face when you're in public
Ana Ivanovic: practice your ball toss instead of selling your body.