Ana :bigcry: :hug:

Uranium
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Serena?

What's wrong, Rena?:(

Wozniacki top seed:lol:

babsi
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Why is it necessarily bad that Ana is out? Hopefully she is changing things and this is the start.

Lucas_Arg
Maria should have played Dubai...

jimbo mack
serena won't play until miami :eek:

what's ana's complaint?

Jorn
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Ana :sad: she need to work on that serve!

Caro No. 1 seeded in a P5! :eek:

Edinboro
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Omg, Wozniacki as the top seed... Shit's gonna fly in 5,4,3,2.......1

thegreendestiny
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM

what's ana's complaint?

Dubai humidity not good for her ball toss.

ED fan forever
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM
If Serenas knee is hurting theres no point risking it further so its a wise decision.
Grudging congrats to Caroline on being top seed at such a big tournament.:tape:
Even with these withdrawals, Lena still won't be a top 4 seed:(

timafi
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:08 PM

that was cold

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM

its arid :p

spiritedenergy
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Did Ana give any reason? Could she be rethinking her schedule and entering some mickey mouse tournaments?

Curtos07
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Link please. Where did you hear Ana is out of Dubai?

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm i can understand serena, but if ana pulls out just to play IW and miami and she doesn't change her tournament schedule, then to me this just looks like she cant face the reality of the situation shes in and is running away from it.

Matt01
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM

:lol:

Feyd
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hmm, with all these withdrawals and no show-ups, Venus will be forced to defend her title. :lol:

frenchie
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:18 PM
LOL
Serena has like 2 months off after the AO

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Did Ana give any reason? Could she be rethinking her schedule and entering some mickey mouse tournaments?

entry lists dont give reasons

Loungy
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
TBE has access to entry lists. He usually dishes the news first here.

nevetssllim
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Serena :sad:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Play when you're ready to, Serena, not a moment before! :yeah:

goldenlox
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Ana called for the trainer to check her serving shoulder during Fed Cup doubles.
Dont know if that's the reason

Vlover
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM
LOL
Serena has like 2 months off after the AO

I think she wants to be well for the FO!:eek: Good decision, why put that in jeopardy, #1 is not as important to her as another major.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Ana!:crying2:
This year continues be a shitty as everything post RG 2008!:sobbing:

Ntosake
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Serena had too many things going on with her body during AO, so I am glad she will give it some time to recover.

Come back without all those bandages, Serena, whenever that may be!

Hugh.
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Oh god Ana :help:

mapaliey
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM

what's ana's complaint?
she wants to enjoy money from her lifetime contract with adidas and forgot tennis.

empressionist
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Ana called for the trainer to check her serving shoulder during Fed Cup doubles.
Dont know if that's the reason

ana wasn't injured, but was feeling sick and dizzy, and was back on court within a minute (just in time to lose the doubles match :(

Bijoux0021
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Serena had too many things going on with her body during AO, so I am glad she will give it some time to recover.

Come back without all those bandages, Serena, whenever that may be!
Co-sign.

After winning both Singles and Doubles with all those bandages, she deserves to take all the time she needs for her body to heal and ready to win her next tournament. Great decision!

tennisIlove09
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Not surprised about Serena. Both legs, both ankles and both wrists were strapped in the later stages of the Australian.
Ana needs a mental break more than anything.

Loungy
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
She already got one. She lost 1st RD in the USO and that was her last tournament before Brisbane. She isn't playing much.

dsanders06
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Not surprised about Serena. Both legs, both ankles and both wrists were strapped in the later stages of the Australian.

The very last thing Ana needs is a break, mental, physical or whatever. What Ana needs right now is matches, matches and more matches.

Kunal
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM
maaaan

this is so weak!

Curtos07
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Ana needs to be playing much more. Like adding more smaller events to her schedule instead of scheduling her season like she is still a top 10 player. :rolleyes: She will lose 200 points now from Dubai and IW doesn't look so good. Ana can say good bye to the top 50 come April.

Dave.
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Ana :sobbing: :o

Venus should still play the doubles, and get the no.1 rank all to herself (if they get there). :devil:

Kworb
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Serena :(

The demon possessing Ivanovic is getting stronger and does not enjoy heavily religious places like Dubai.

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:13 PM

The demon possessing Ivanovic is getting stronger and does not enjoy heavily religious places like Dubai.

:haha:

I place my hand on her head and I say, "Demon come out!!!

dsanders06
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Thinking about it, I actually think it might be a good idea if Ivanovic played a couple of the clay events in Latin America. Clay is her best surface after all, and playing in Mickey Mouse tournaments would do her some good - because she just needs wins right now, any wins.

Doubt it will actually happen though.

Noctis
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Understand Serenas case.
But not Ana's

debby
During the AO ceremony, Serena asked Justine about her contract with the WTA about the tournaments :lol: Justine responded her she was free to chose where to play when she wanted, and that's why she would not play Dubai not to have a ranking so a mandatory appareance at Miami where she hates to play. :lol:

Edinboro
Ana needs to be playing much more. Like adding more smaller events to her schedule instead of scheduling her season like she is still a top 10 player. :rolleyes: She will lose 200 points now from Dubai and IW doesn't look so good. Ana can say good bye to the top 50 come April.

I was just coming here to post this. :sad: 250 points off for Dubai and then 700 off next week of IW final. This doesn't look so good for her.

All this time I thought she'd end up Ok, that she would clean it up this year, but it's likely she will fall around to 55 after IW. She's going out the same way Vaidisova :sad: and Chakvetadze :sad::sad: did.

Loungy
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM
:crying2:

Illusionist
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Omg, Ana no :bigcry:
She could fall out of top30 after Dubai :help:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:22 PM

:hysteric: i thought when you were in new york and up front cheering for her loss that would have satisfied you :lol:

Comebacksova
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Obviously Serena will only play Slams and Miami. :rolleyes:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Thinking about it, I actually think it might be a good idea if Ivanovic played a couple of the clay events in Latin America. Clay is her best surface after all, and playing in Mickey Mouse tournaments would do her some good - because she just needs wins right now, any wins.

Doubt it will actually happen though.
See, that's an approach I've always been torn abou. So, say she goes down and gets a couple of wins on clay against mediocre competition. The question of whether she can get it done against the top girls will still exist in her mind. So..., I don't know if that strategy ever really works wit someone who is struggling with CONFIDENCE as opposed to merely technical aspects of her game.

babsi
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Ana had 3 months off at the end of the year and did anything change? No, she either was doing the wrong things or wasn't bothering - who knows what the truth was. That was a perfect opportunity to get a PROPER coach and re-tool her game.

She won't play her way out of this slump, she has tried and it has not worked so what will it take for her to realise there is a big problem? Dropping outside of the top 50? Top 100? Because that is what will happen if she doesn't make big changes.
She needs to make a fresh start completley, new management team and new coach and hire a sports psychologist. When she has done that, she needs to sort out the technique on bascially every shot and them come back and play little tournaments and build on that.

What was the point of playing Dubai in her current state of mind? Just turning up to lose her first round?

Loungy
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:33 PM
So..., I don't know if that strategy ever really works wit someone who is struggling with CONFIDENCE as opposed to merely technical aspects of her game.
She's struggling with both, and right now there's no such thing as mediocre competition for her. She's mediocre herself.

IW final is inflating her ranking. She's been playing as someone bellow top 50 for a very long while.

dsanders06
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM
See, that's an approach I've always been torn abou. So, say she goes down and gets a couple of wins on clay against mediocre competition. The question of whether she can get it done against the top girls will still exist in her mind. So..., I don't know if that strategy ever really works wit someone who is struggling with CONFIDENCE as opposed to merely technical aspects of her game.

I would generally agree with you, but the problem is, Ivanovic tried to just work on her problems in practice and then just hope to bluff her way through when she got to the big events last year - and it didn't work. Therefore, that clearly indicates a change of strategy is in order. After all, to paraphrase someone famous (Einstein maybe...?! :lol: ), insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Dropping to the lower leagues to get match wins under your belt is a proven strategy on the ATP. In fact, the men sometimes take it to even more of an extreme; if a guy who has ranked in the mid-20s is in a slump, they'll sometimes turn out direct entrances into the MDs and go through the qualies, just so they "remember" how to win matches. And it very often works. The problem for the women is that they very often let their egos get in the way of such a radical strategy, and they end up going like Vaidisova - just carrying on fantasising about all the problems magically going and being able to win slams, and then, when she finally woke up and realised she really needed to change things, it was too late and her ranking was already too low to get into even the weakest of WTA events. Ivanovic needs to heed the lessons of the Vaidisova downfall asap.

Costanza
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM

It must be that same demon is also possesing Demented,as blond splinter from Monte Carlo is unable to win slam in what, 45 tries?:lol:

Thanx4nothin
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Good decision Serena, she was clearly injured during the AO.

Rafito.
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Damn Ana! This sucks.

Hopefully she can get it together before Indian Wells.

friendsita
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:43 PM

what's ana's complaint?

as always... it's ok... rest Ree!

Ferg
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Ana is having a secret affair with Sexy, only explanation. She better end it before IWs when shes really gonna drop like a stone afterwards.

The Witch-king
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Ana :sobbing: :o

Venus should still play the doubles, and get the no.1 rank all to herself (if they get there). :devil:

:confused:
can you enter doubles tournaments alone?

AcesHigh
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:54 PM
:confused:
can you enter doubles tournaments alone?

:spit: :sobbing: She'd just get another partner

Btw, this is a P5 with the 3 best players missing. What a shitty turnout this is.

cellophane
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM
During the AO ceremony, Serena asked Justine about her contract with the WTA about the tournaments :lol: Justine responded her she was free to chose where to play when she wanted, and that's why she would not play Dubai not to have a ranking so a mandatory appareance at Miami where she hates to play. :lol:

Justine is not going to play Miami!??? :speakles: :mad:

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Btw, this is a P5 with the 3 best players missing. What a shitty turnout this is.

it has safina, henin, serena and kim missing, that is 2 slam winners and 2 slam RU in the last 12 months not playing. pretty poor really.

The Witch-king
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Btw, this is a P5 with the 3 2 best players missing. What a shitty turnout this is.

:hug: don't worry Caro will save this tournament :inlove:

simonsaystennis
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Serena :sad: Time off is smart though. Miami is the only tournament outside of the slams that she really loves to win, so it makes since that she wants to be well rested and at full strength for that.

Tennisstar86
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Ana will be ranked 30..... :tape: She may be unseeded for the French Open. :tape:

hurricanejeanne
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Ana needs to figure some things out ASAP otherwise she's going to be just as screwed as Nicole is. :tape:

VishaalMaria
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM
To be honest, I'd go as far as saying clay is Ana's best surface and if she's unseeded for the French + no one talks about her = no pressure. I'd feel sorry for the seed that has to play her early (as early as 1st round potentially).

So yes, she better do something :lol:

Ferg
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Ana will be ranked 30..... :tape: She may be unseeded for the French Open. :tape:

Well considering she has 900 points left to defend there AFTER the Dubai points come off, she'll be lucky to be top 50, never mind getting a seeding.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Fisrt of many number 1 seeds in Premier 5 or better for Caro

Preview of a near future

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I would generally agree with you, but the problem is, Ivanovic tried to just work on her problems in practice and then just hope to bluff her way through when she got to the big events last year - and it didn't work. Therefore, that clearly indicates a change of strategy is in order. After all, to paraphrase someone famous (Einstein maybe...?! :lol: ), insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Dropping to the lower leagues to get match wins under your belt is a proven strategy on the ATP. In fact, the men sometimes take it to even more of an extreme; if a guy who has ranked in the mid-20s is in a slump, they'll sometimes turn out direct entrances into the MDs and go through the qualies, just so they "remember" how to win matches. And it very often works. The problem for the women is that they very often let their egos get in the way of such a radical strategy, and they end up going like Vaidisova - just carrying on fantasising about all the problems magically going and being able to win slams, and then, when she finally woke up and realised she really needed to change things, it was too late and her ranking was already too low to get into even the weakest of WTA events. Ivanovic needs to heed the lessons of the Vaidisova downfall asap.

Well the fact that you "would generally agree with me" is a step in the right direction. :lol: (j/king)

I agree with everything you're saying, it's just I've never seen it work on the women's side. Lucic, Dokic, Stevenson...et al have tried and failed to one degree or another with this. To me, especially with Ana, it seems a confidence thing. She needs to claim one big scalp or two (preferably Justine's :devil: ) to get her confidence back.

Oh, btw, did you know Einstein was a PHYSICIST? So, I guess that would mean you're bringing physics into tennis? Right? ;)

zhangxian22
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Fisrt of many number 1 seeds in Premier 5 or better for Caro

Preview of a near future

Vaidisova was once the top seed of a Tier I, right?
she lost her first match though.

hacberto
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Serena put a lot of work in her body, so I know she's gonna take time to recover and heal. Miami sounds reasonable and knowing that she loves it there it's wonderful. Like I honestly don't get the idea to play a lot of tournaments on hard now when your goal is FO. Basically she'll play the 5th slam and get straight to clay that's a good choice.

I hope Ana gets better, she was really good.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Get well soon Serena!

Can't wait to watch you play Miami :yeah:

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Wozniacki is a top seed at back-to-back tier I events...
A nightmare come true :bolt:

LCS
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I expect Elena to take this title.

See you in Miami Serema :lol:

Curtos07
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Well considering she has 900 points left to defend there AFTER the Dubai points come off, she'll be lucky to be top 50, never mind getting a seeding.

Sad but very true. :sad: Not seeing how Ana gets herself out of this slump unless she and her team get their act together really soon and stop being so delusional about things. :rolleyes:

Brena
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM

:sobbing:
I think my cheering for her last weekend must have confused the demon so much it needs some time off to get itself together again.

itzhak
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Wozniacki is no. 3 in the WTA ranking, so what is the problem that she is top seed? grow up....

Costanza
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:36 PM
:sobbing:
I think my cheering for her last weekend must have confused the demon so much it needs some time off to get itself together again.

I know how you feel Brena,i was cheering for Ugly Janky in doubles:tape:

Brena
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I know how you feel Brena,i was cheering for Ugly Janky in doubles:tape:

Baby Anči stands a much better chance to start playing top tennis again than you stand to get rid of the demon of stupidity, Stanzie. :hug:

hankqq
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:43 PM
:sobbing: oh well.. get well soon, ladies :) :hatoff:

@danieln1
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ana is going downhill in the rankings...

maybe when sheŽs 60+ sheŽll start to play better... maybe she can pull a belgian and "retire for good" and come back in 2 years time refreshed and playing like 2007/2008

Serena is just doing the right thing: focusing on her favorite tourments and majors

Costanza
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Baby Anči stands a much better chance to start playing top tennis again than you have to get rid of the demon of stupidity, Stanzie. :hug:

Did i hurt your feelings, my beloved plastic icon of serbian turbofolk:hysteric:
Bad,bad Stanzie:smash:

Brena
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Did i hurt your feelings, my beloved plastic icon of serbian turbofolk:hysteric:
Bad,bad Stanzie:smash:

Why would the fact that you're amazingly stupid hurt my feelings, you gorgeous icon of rock'n'roll?

Costanza
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Why would the fact that you're amazingly stupid hurt my feelings, you gorgeous icon of rock'n'roll?

Fahreta you'r not nice:(
Bad,bad Fahreta:sad:

Craig.
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Wozniacki is a top seed at back-to-back tier I events...
A nightmare come true :bolt:

Has Safina officially withdrawn from Indian Wells?

dsanders06
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Has Safina officially withdrawn from Indian Wells?

Not yet, but it sounds likely.

Craigy
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I was hoping Serena would play here but whatever. Rest up and come back strong for Miami and the clay season.

SoClose
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Serena is obviously still injured....rest up Serena!!!

RenaSlam.
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Rest up, Serena.

hdfb
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Oh well, as long as Caro won't be #1

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 9th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I hope Ree still plays doubles like they were talking about :shrug:

But I'm glad she's not playing hurt like she did in Dubai last year.

serenafan08
Feb 10th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Honestly a good move for Serena. She won the AO with all those injuries, so she needs to take a breather and let her body rest.

Golovinjured.
Feb 10th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I was just coming here to post this. :sad: 250 points off for Dubai and then 700 off next week of IW final. This doesn't look so good for her.

All this time I thought she'd end up Ok, that she would clean it up this year, but it's likely she will fall around to 55 after IW. She's going out the same way Vaidisova :sad: and Chakvetadze :sad::sad: did.

Fuck. :eek:

Rafito.
Feb 10th, 2010, 01:34 AM
She could make the final of Indian Wells again. :) Dont be so negative.

young_gunner913
Feb 10th, 2010, 01:42 AM
well so much for playing doubles in dubai, huh serena? :lol:

spice_of_life
Feb 10th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Obviously Serena will only play Slams and Miami. :rolleyes:Yep. But hey she can win slams without doing well in warm-up events (if she even plays any) so who can blame her? It's obvious she could care less about the WTA tour.

Roookie
Feb 10th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Smart move from Serena...but Ana :help:...she's gonna free fall in the rankings. She needs to start whoring up all the MM tournaments she can and start getting some confidence back. IW could be the last big tournament she will be seeded in a long time if not ever :scared: